The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

AllyjamboDerbyshire

I have a simple solution. All all employer funded savings / shares / loan / trust / pensions / investment schemes etc. will be considered as taxable benefits, unless they are pre-approved by HMRC. 

i.e. if you don't ask HMRC, then you will be left in no doubt whether or not the scheme is taxable.

Similarly any scheme where individuals seek to claim tax reliefs should again be cleared by HMRC.

100% agree with you, and have written something similar before (Paul McConville's blog I think it was). It makes absolutely no sense for the government (regardless of party in power) to allow a situation where their own representatives, HMRC, have to do all the donkey work, at great expense, when it could be left to the fly-by-night tax advisors to do it all, before any scheme is put into operation. Overnight the country would be much richer! Somehow self-serving politicians come to mind!

A very simple example of how it would work in practice is the ISA scheme, researched and agreed before ever being put into operation. Company Staff Profit Sharing Schemes also had to be researched and agreed by HMRC before their inception.

Jambo-Jimbo

You lot can't help yourselves. You are willing to look as if you got the wrong end of the stick just to have a dig.

Can you say this again but in English this time please.

What is it that I have got the wrong end of the stick off?

Assuming they could act and would act, what is it that you would expect them to do. Why does it even matter now ? They lose a few titles and trophies at the absolute worst. So what ??

Title stripping let's future generations clearly see the period involved. Asterisks next to the years are the only suitable sporting outcome.

With regards to Whyte buying Sevco with their future revenue is that not what the Glazers did at ManU as unless I misunderstood the money they paid for the club is included in the club's overall debt so could be legal with a bit of creative accounting?

Footballfirst

With regards to Whyte buying Sevco with their future revenue is that not what the Glazers did at ManU as unless I misunderstood the money they paid for the club is included in the club's overall debt so could be legal with a bit of creative accounting?

My understanding is that it's a bit of both.  The Glazers borrowed money from third party sources to buy the club, then having control and a majority shareholding were able to transfer the debt onto the club.

It is legal but, in my opinion, little different from the alleged financial assistance charge that Whyte is facing.

Had Whyte been able to raise cash to pay off Lloyds from some other source on a short term basis, he could have bought the club, then as the controlling majority shareholder, switched the debt to the club and, if he felt the need to do so, raise cash from Ticketus to pay off the original lender, leaving the club in a similar position, but all legal and above board.

Hagar the Horrible

No its not what the Glazers did is within the law.  If a Company/Business is stupid enough to be in profit (black) and they are ripe for a take over, you can make an offer for any amount of shares, but as the glazers went deliberately over the 30% threshold they had to make an offer for all the shares, which they did.  But the clever bit is you can borrow the money from a bank (with security) buy all the shares, then dump the entire loan as debt onto the company you have just bought thus placing them ?million in debt but as the company with a huge turnover and was in profit that debt gets managed the fans pay of the loan, and the Glazers get the entire club for free and once the debt is paid off, can even take some of the profits, its their business. But the club was sold to the glazers at the shareholders got a price they were willing to impart their shares for

King however with his Ain't half hot mum concert party went over the 30% and have failed to make an offer to the other shareholders?  court case due

What Whyte did was borrow money from Ticketus using 4 years of season ticket sales as security and the courts will decide if that's fraud or not, as well as his actions on of running Rangers as a going concern as to which did not appear as his first priority as stated in the pubic domain(disclaimer0,  however Whyte could easily have taken out a loan from a bank, and secured that loan first of all against his properties(or something), then dumped the debt onto Rangers. paying back his loan and transfer the loan for the business to pay and releasing the security he had. Then run the company as a going concern. What Whyte actually did is being presented in court and as such it would not be wise to discuss it too much, until after the trial, but the how he did his business has raised enough concerns for COPFS to pursue this as one case of fraud and one case against the companies act to which Whyte denies any wrong doing, the case continues.

Loads more popcorn on order

Bazzas right boot

Assuming they could act and would act, what is it that you would expect them to do. Why does it even matter now ? They lose a few titles and trophies at the absolute worst. So what ??

It would mean they are a different club.

That'll hurt the sevco fans. They would have to admit that. No tangible benifit, but funny for other fans, or should be.

They go from the most successful club pish to, eh one Scottish championship title. Great ending to the story.

Edited by Rudi'sleftfoot

Bazzas right boot

Did the glazers not say this openly tho?

White lied, that not the difference?

Jambo 4 Ever

Anything happening today? Jury still got the Gary Glitters?

Back on....

James Doleman? @jamesdoleman 55s56 seconds ago

Findlay "when you handed over the club you had a plan"

Murray "it was a static plan"

James Doleman? @jamesdoleman 4m4 minutes ago

Johnson email says Whyte is unaware of "the shambles of a playing squad he will inherit" "They had just won 3 doubles" Murray replies

Jambo 4 Ever

Findlay "You were let down by people who didn't have a clue"?

Murray: The facts are there for others to judge"

Jambo 4 Ever

King note "I was approached 10 years ago to make investment in the club" "After personal discussion with Mr Murray" agreed to ?5m

Later raised investment to ?20m, "asked for assurances 1) Be on the board 2) Not dispose of shareholding without consultation.

Edited by Jambo_in_Hamilton

James Doleman? @jamesdoleman 2m2 minutes ago

King note says Murray "isolated me" Murray says King was in next door office "he chose to walk out the door without meeting me"

Looking at James Dolemans twitter feed, it appears good auld Sir Dave is beginning to suffer from selective amnesia. Can't recall certain conversations, can't recall ever seeing certain emails. This is getting interesting...

James Doleman? @jamesdoleman 4m4 minutes ago

Johnson email says Whyte is unaware of "the shambles of a playing squad he will inherit" "They had just won 3 doubles" Murray replies

winning a double in a league you have men running it at all levels using  illegal schemes to gain an unfair advantage, isn't really much of an achievement

Probably not.

Doubt it. The most likely is whether they are indeed new or not.

It may expose bent authorities though.

...a bit disco

will any of this have any impact on the Rangers newco though?

In a roundabout way, maybe...

Findlay "Mr King was on the board that took the club to a shambles of a playing squad and all the rest...now saying 'not me guv'?"

James Doleman? @jamesdoleman  6m

Murray says he received proof of funds letter from Whyte's solicitors, but it was "unsigned"

So not up followed then??  With a question from Findley as to why not or sent back by Murray to be signed!!!

Edited by Dannie Boy

Unknown user

James Doleman? @jamesdoleman 6m

6 minutes ago

More

Murray says he received proof of funds letter from Whyte's solicitors, but it was "unsigned"

So not up followed then?? With a question from Findley as to why not or sent back by Murray to be signed!!!

I remember Whyte didn't sign the Ticketus agreement correctly either

Is it any surprise they (Rangers, Sevco) are a shambles and deep in financial trouble when they get the simple things wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unknown user

Is it any surprise they (Rangers, Sevco) are a shambles and deep in financial trouble when they get the simple things wrong.

I was thinking it looks more like it's deliberate to me, like he thought he'd get away with it legally if he didn't sign properly

I was thinking it looks more like it's deliberate to me, like he thought he'd get away with it legally if he didn't sign properly

Nothing would surprise me. Reading Murray's answers he is very vague i think he's as dodgy Whyte and the rest of them.

They know what happened and what they did. Let's hope the Jury are awake.

Spivvery, Ducking and Diving and Street Market dealing was and is alive and well at Ibrox.

Jambo-Jimbo

If the agreement wasn't properly signed, is it legally enforceable?

Jambo-Jimbo

Nothing would surprise me. Reading Murray's answers he is very vague i think he's as dodgy Whyte and the rest of them.

They know what happened and what they did. Let's hope the Jury are awake.

Or that Craigy boy has some incriminating evidence.

Jambo-Jimbo

You'd think not wouldn't you?

Yes.

SDM will be frantically checking the Rangers sale agreement that Whyte would have signed to purchase the club.

Edited by Jambo-Jimbo

Footballfirst

I hope this is the start of chucking each other under the bus

That is exactly what is happening. King has tried to throw Murray under a bus. Murray has also returned the favour about King, Johnston and P Murray.

I don't know if JD's tweets reflect it but David Horne, one of Murray's trusted advisors, had taken notes from a meeting with Whyte and Andrew Ellis about Octopus/Ticketus funding in support of a takeover offer as early as Oct/Nov 2010. SDM says he wasn't told anything about that. Looks like SDM is prepared to throw everyone under a bus to protect his reputation.

Rangers director James Blair has been spotted in the building which suggests that Dave King could also be around.

If the agreement wasn't properly signed, is it legally enforceable?

May not be, under the Requirements of Writing (Scotland) Act of 1995.  That's not to say that all contracts must necessarily be memorialised, or that there might not be something in Scots Law that permits "clear intent of the parties" to control even if all the T's were not crossed, nor all the I's dotted.  And/or "performance"--meaning the parties conducted themselves in a manner that indicated their mutual understanding that the agreement was valid and executed. That's certainly the case in U.S. law in many jurisdictions.

Edited by Justin Z

Anyone know when Agent Whyte is in the dock ?

Final stage of Operation TheyDon'tDeserveToExist is about to commence ....

Unknown user

Most observers seem to think he won't.

My understanding is that it's a bit of both.  The Glazers borrowed money from third party sources to buy the club, then having control and a majority shareholding were able to transfer the debt onto the club.

It is legal but, in my opinion, little different from the alleged financial assistance charge that Whyte is facing.

Had Whyte been able to raise cash to pay off Lloyds from some other source on a short term basis, he could have bought the club, then as the controlling majority shareholder, switched the debt to the club and, if he felt the need to do so, raise cash from Ticketus to pay off the original lender, leaving the club in a similar position, but all legal and above board.

Did the Glazers not have assets, ie Tampa Bay or whatever NFL team, that they could use to guarantee the loan they took to buy ManU? Whyte had nothing except a (probably rented) house in Monaco. Another difference is that Glazers lumped all their own debt onto United once they owned it but did not cut off revenue stream of the company unlike Whyte did with Ticketus deal.

Whyte is in the dock

But if you mean he gives evidence then that would be epic

A few weeks / months away

Unknown user

Did the Glazers not have assets, ie Tampa Bay or whatever NFL team, that they could use to guarantee the loan they took to buy ManU? Whyte had nothing except a (probably rented) house in Monaco. Another difference is that Glazers lumped all their own debt onto United once they owned it but did not cut off revenue stream of the company unlike Whyte did with Ticketus deal.

Which takes us back to him getting his lawyer to say he had 9.5 million lodged with them.

By the way, you know Bears Den doesn't have a thread on this case? Weird eh?

Which takes us back to him getting his lawyer to say he had 9.5 million lodged with them.

By the way, you know Bears Den doesn't have a thread on this case? Weird eh?

They do. It's in the boardroom section. But you have to know the knocks the passwords to gain admittance.

Unknown user

They do. It's in the boardroom section. But you have to know the knocks the passwords to gain admittance.

I'm a member, I don't see it

This is turning into a bear pit - all these ex-directors of Rangers turning on each other? Findlay was a director for 13 years under Murray wasn't he? Unsigned letters and contracts? I cannot believe SDM truly believed Whyte had the readies, he just needed someone, anyone to take Rangers off him...I'd be interested to hear more about the relationship between Murray and the Bank of Scotland. The bank was into Murray for about 750m at the time of the banking crisis which Murray had borrowed for bum investment property deals. Now a decent amount of money was also directed into Rangers via interco loans from Murray International. So given that Rangers was a black hole it is pretty obvious why the bank wanted SDM to divest himself of Rangers - at least the property investments had a chance of coming good again if the bank continued to support Murray International.

doctor jambo

If he didn't sign the letters, then Craig will walk from this

Unsigned documents,

Murray pressured by the back to accept it or get his money cut off

lack of any kind if diligence

I'd be amazed if he gets found guilty

• Maple Leaf locked this topic