The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

alwaysthereinspirit

I agree with all you have said apart from one word, weakness. I call it corruption. It will take a complete clear out of the people that have had anything to do with the corruption that has been, and still is, rife within Scottish football before anything will be done about the bigot situation. Until then there is no point.

Scottish football is corrupt.

This. The fact that Hearts and other Scottish teams will continue next seasons league campaign with them in it should be an embarrassment to the whole sports set up in Scotland. Nope, not in Scotland. No one who should/could care gives a toss. One big giant bogey. And its only going to get worse.

OmiyaHearts

I can accept Rangers fans thinking of the current tribute act as the real Rangers. I just don't get why they seem so desperate for the rest of us to believe it as well. In fact it is almost like "Believe us or else!" The more they show this arrogant side (which I guess is pretty hard to hide) the more I am motivated to say "Aye right" and pick holes in their shoogly logic.

I know plenty and they really don't care what people think.

This. The fact that Hearts and other Scottish teams will continue next seasons league campaign with them in it should be an embarrassment to the whole sports set up in Scotland. Nope, not in Scotland. No one who should/could care gives a toss. One big giant bogey. And its only going to get worse.

And that is the crux of the problem. Hearts along with other clubs in Scotland have been strangly quiet over the past few years about the Newco shambles. In effect it has been left to supporters and their various groups to voice dissatisfaction over the SFA/SPFL handling of affairs. If Newco is to implode it will through further financial chicanery and mismanagement and not through the actions of member clubs and it's associated supporter groups.       

I know plenty and they really don't care what people think.

Oh they really do care..

Why do they jump up and down stamp there feet and physically threaten when anyone suggests otherwise ?

Footballfirst

I?ve just spent another day at the Court of Session for the latest episode in the Fraudco Preliminary Hearing.  The proceedings had been switched from the High Court.  

I?d love to tell you what went on, but I can?t due to the reporting restrictions, save to say that proceedings are progressing slowly, while the three accused, Whyte, Withey and Grier remain on the indictment. 

A further Preliminary Hearing had been scheduled for Friday 3 June, this time in Glasgow?s High Court. Before then there is an associated Appeal Court Hearing that should be heard over 3 days between 11-13 May. Again I can?t say anything about what will be discussed at either hearing.

Edited by Footballfirst

weegie jambo
jbee647, on 19 Apr 2016 - 3:22 PM, said:

Oh they really do care..

Why do they jump up and down stamp there feet and physically threaten when anyone suggests otherwise ?

Yes, they really do! I was having a bit of online banter on Facebook with a Hibee mate and I wished his team would go on and do the Zombie, tribute act in the final when we were joined by a Hun friend of his who treated me to a series of foul mouth posts displaying an arrogance that could only come from a knuckledragger of very low intellect and a even poorer grasp of grammer. You would think they'd be in a good mood after Sundays result but in the words of Corp Jones "they don't like it up 'em" 

Carl Fredrickson

A guy who lives across the road from me moved in to the house about 3 years ago. I only discovered what team he supported after the Petrofac cup final as he was raving about how good "the Gers" were against Peterhead (it was Peterhead they were playing?)

We havent talked much in the 3 years of him living opposite me and after our discussion I think it will be another 3 years before we chat again. Horrible poisonous views. 

Liked this article (obviously apologies if already posted).

http://90minutecynic.com/truth-and-reconciliation-in-scottish-football/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

This guy is making the same mistake as a lot of others. It is NOT about the legality of what Rangers (in liquidation) did in terms of tax law that affects (or not) the title stripping argument.

It is about correct registration of players (by which , Rangers [iL] either did or did not properly register their players by disclosing all relevant payments to the football authorities.

The sophistry of the SFA tells you Rangers did not .

Rangers lied about the existence of the side letters and it was clear from the FTT that Rangers clearly knew what the implications of these letters were and why they continued to deny they existed - it meant armagedon for Rangers. 

I P Knightley

This guy is making the same mistake as a lot of others. It is NOT about the legality of what Rangers (in liquidation) did in terms of tax law that affects (or not) the title stripping argument.

It is about correct registration of players (by which , Rangers [iL] either did or did not properly register their players by disclosing all relevant payments to the football authorities.

The sophistry of the SFA tells you Rangers did not .

Rangers lied about the existence of the side letters and it was clear from the FTT that Rangers clearly knew what the implications of these letters were and why they continued to deny they existed - it meant armagedon for Rangers. 

The guy suggests that there should be an "asterix in the history books". I won't take him too seriously after that. 

2a105def-6f1b-4132-96ed-1b9ae971ca64_l.j

The guy suggests that there should be an "asterix in the history books". I won't take him too seriously after that. 

asterix61.jpg

A rather gauling suggestion....

Unknown user

Oh, bollocks

photo.jpg

Unknown user

Oh, bollocks

photo.jpg

Edited by Smithee

Footballfirst

Next week's Court of Session entertainment. I think this is the Ashley v SFA case re Dave King's FPP status.

TO BE ALLOCATED

Thursday 28th April

P1039/15 Pet: Mash Holdings Ltd for Judicial Review -   Brodies LLP -  Burness Paull LLP  -  Anderson Strathern LLP

Now is the time for Agent Ashley to strike back.

It's been too easy a ride for "Dodgy Dave" lately. Derailing their title party would be rather enjoyable.

For those asking hearing at Mike Ashley v The SFA hearing is still listed for the Court of Session on Thursday.

1/2

Ashley is seeking judicial review of SFA decision to grant Rangers' chairman Dave King "fit and proper status" to serve on a club board

2/2

I have applied for leave to live tweet the Ashley v SFA hearing. Will find out on the day if it will be allowed.

(@JamesDoleman)

@tedermeatballs trying to tempt people to stay up for his rag's back page :

"If you like Mike Ashley v Dave King stories, with a sprinkling of SFA and a dollop of legal action then keep an eye out for our back page."

Mike Ashley appears to have dropped his legal case against SFA to try overturn Dave King fit and proper ruling. Court will confirm tomorrow.

(@stvgrant)

Mike Ashley appears to have dropped his legal case against SFA to try overturn Dave King fit and proper ruling. Court will confirm tomorrow.

(@stvgrant)

There will be no gain for Ashley to pursue this now they he has effectively cut and lost any ties with Sevco.

There will be no gain for Ashley to pursue this now they he has effectively cut and lost any ties with Sevco.

Is it that or is it that 'The Board Discretion' over the SFA Articles and Rules is water tight and are little more than guidelines? Edited by DETTY29

@jamesdoleman

IfAshley does drop his case against the SFA/Dave King tomorrow the court ruling about what can be published about it will be interesting.

@jamesdoleman

IfAshley does drop his case against the SFA/Dave King tomorrow the court ruling about what can be published about it will be interesting.

It is disappointing that it has not been pursued. I think this shows the SFA are utilising rules to suit their agenda and it is embarrassing for them. If Mike Ashley decides to have the likes of MediaHouse do a PR attack in the aftermath it could be interesting.

King may also find the headlines don't suit him - maybe the next stage is strangulation by media manipulation (or. Deploying level5 creates an unnecessary burden).

It is disappointing that it has not been pursued. I think this shows the SFA are utilising rules to suit their agenda and it is embarrassing for them. If Mike Ashley decides to have the likes of MediaHouse do a PR attack in the aftermath it could be interesting.

King may also find the headlines don't suit him - maybe the next stage is strangulation by media manipulation (or. Deploying level5 creates an unnecessary burden).

Dont worry, I'm sure another futile enterprise will be along soon for obsessive Rangers-haters to pin their hopes on :)

In the meantime, try complaining to some authority about Rangers being the same club. Or better still, pay ?10000s to stand up in court spouting it like Green's QC (case dismissed) and Ashley's (case apparently f*****d one way or another)...

That'll work. Scots Law n'aat ;)

Dont worry, I'm sure another futile enterprise will be along soon for obsessive Rangers-haters to pin their hopes on :)

In the meantime, try complaining to some authority about Rangers being the same club. Or better still, pay ?10000s to stand up in court spouting it like Green's QC (case dismissed) and Ashley's (case apparently ******d one way or another)...

FIFA themselves said that the Celtic game was the second game between the sides.

Or are we only to believe your corrupt organisation(s) of choice?

'However, this old rivalry went on to take a new twist in 2012 when Rangers went into liquidation, leaving the Ibrox club?s supporters to endure the indignity of their team starting again from the bottom tier of Scottish football. Sunday?s Scottish Cup semi-final will, in fact, represent just the second meeting of these sides since the Gers? financial collapse, and the first since they recently earned promotion back to the top flight.'

http://www.fifa.com/news/y=2009/m=2/news=old-firm-enduring-appeal-1023776.html

"the second meeting of these sides since the Gers? financial collapse" is a truism no matter which view you take.

"the second meeting of these sides since the Gers? financial collapse" is a truism no matter which view you take.

Which is why 'starting again' is important.

Diadora Van Basten

FIFA themselves said that the Celtic game was the second game between the sides.

Or are we only to believe your corrupt organisation(s) of choice?

'However, this old rivalry went on to take a new twist in 2012 when Rangers went into liquidation, leaving the Ibrox club?s supporters to endure the indignity of their team starting again from the bottom tier of Scottish football. Sunday?s Scottish Cup semi-final will, in fact, represent just the second meeting of these sides since the Gers? financial collapse, and the first since they recently earned promotion back to the top flight.'

http://www.fifa.com/news/y=2009/m=2/news=old-firm-enduring-appeal-1023776.html

Have you been holding that article in reserve for Bryce's latest visit to JKB.

If so good work!

Mike Ashley and the wider cause of Rangers-hating getting quite a doing in court this morning... :)

Grant Russell ?@STVGrant  9m9 minutes ago
"In a nutshell: Mike Ashley (MASH) wishes for application for judicial review of SFA's decision on Dave King to be dismissed."

Grant Russell ?@STVGrant  8m8 minutes ago
SFA lawyer says South Africa tax decision on King was not pay fine as alternative to jail. Rather, if you don't pay, you go to jail.

Grant Russell ?@STVGrant  4m4 minutes ago
SFA lawyer raises that MASH has no more standing to raise petition as an aggrieved shareholder of Celtic would.

Grant Russell ?@STVGrant  1m1 minute ago
SFA lawyer states belief this case "is part of same vendetta" and SFA are "collateral damage".

Grant Russell ?@STVGrant  2m2 minutes ago
SFA lawyer raising contempt case in London that Ashley brought against King. Judge there stated: "...Ashley is pursuing a vendetta..."

and a wee breach of Scots Law for giggles... :)

James Doleman ?@jamesdoleman  27m27 minutes ago
Counsel for Mike Ashley tells court his client is a shareholder in a company that owns a share of the holding company of RFC
:cornette:

Sorry, chaps.

Looks like I awoke the B-east-9a.

He'll have been lurking waiting to pounce and offer more bullshite about Rangers have always been. Unfortunately like the truth that The Rangers is a new club he won't go away.

Don't be selective though ... copy n paste them all.

Ashley's has thrown in the towel and gone cap in hand begging not to pay all the fees.

I could show more tweets but i don't want to rub noses in any who were pinning there hopes on Big Mike and his tanks... :)

King has to pay a fine totalling R3.208m (R80 000 per count) or 24 months imprisonment.

In addition, he was ordered to pay an amount of R8.75m towards the Criminal Asset Recovery Fund.

Spitonastranger

In the meantime, try complaining to some authority about Rangers being the same club. Or better still, pay ?10000s to stand up in court spouting it like Green's QC (case dismissed) and Ashley's (case apparently ******d one way or another)...

Mike Ashley and the wider cause of Rangers-hating getting quite a doing in court this morning... :)

Grant Russell ?@STVGrant  9m9 minutes ago
"In a nutshell: Mike Ashley (MASH) wishes for application for judicial review of SFA's decision on Dave King to be dismissed."

Grant Russell ?@STVGrant  8m8 minutes ago
SFA lawyer says South Africa tax decision on King was not pay fine as alternative to jail. Rather, if you don't pay, you go to jail.

Grant Russell ?@STVGrant  4m4 minutes ago
SFA lawyer raises that MASH has no more standing to raise petition as an aggrieved shareholder of Celtic would.

Grant Russell ?@STVGrant  1m1 minute ago
SFA lawyer states belief this case "is part of same vendetta" and SFA are "collateral damage".

Grant Russell ?@STVGrant  2m2 minutes ago
SFA lawyer raising contempt case in London that Ashley brought against King. Judge there stated: "...Ashley is pursuing a vendetta..."

and a wee breach of Scots Law for giggles... :)

James Doleman ?@jamesdoleman  27m27 minutes ago
Counsel for Mike Ashley tells court his client is a shareholder in a company that owns a share of the holding company of RFC
:cornette:

You have not answered the FIFA quote, oh and you let your club die :2thumbsup:  :toff:

Judge will ask SFA shortly why they changed their position on disclosure of information on King F&P decision to MASH.

MASH say if SFA had provided information before April 14, "there would have been no proceedings". Arguing their delay caused this issue.

The corporate body that's coming of worse in these proceedings is unsurprisingly the SFA. Incompetent fools.

Re King inspite of SARS certificate of good standing he is still the glib and shameless liar of mendacious character as describe by the SA judge. That fact will never be forgotton as its backup by his ever shifting investment in the club figures.

Edited by Dannie Boy

@STVGrant Judge now asking SFA why their attitude changed over disclosure of information which aided decision to deem King fit and proper.

You let your Club die.

That is all.

Major squirming going on by the SFA, if I'm reading @STVGrant's tweets correctly.

Ha, are you serious? :)

MASH have been totally humiliated again. Spent ? thousands wasting everyone's time only to back down completely, the much-heralded tanks doing a full u-turn, grovelling that "yes we were totally wrong but if only you'd told us more clearly, sooner...."

He will have to pay full costs for the SFA and King and no doubt have to compensate them both in addition.

Other than that, corrupt establishment masonic SFA pyoor caught cheatin again n'aat... ;)

Edited by bryce9a

Glamorgan Jambo

Ashley's counsel was correct. He owns shares in 'Rangers International' which is of course the holding company for The Rangers Football Club'.

The Rangers Football Club was of course founded in 2012 and changed its name from Sevco Scotland. It's this entity that's registered with the SFA.

The founding fathers of The Rangers Football Club are of course Charles Green, Imran Ahmad and allegedly Rafak Rizvi and Craig Whyte.

Not like Bryce to dissemble but I'm sure he'll offer an apology shortly.

Ha, are you serious? :)

MASH have been totally humiliated again. Spent ? thousands wasting everyone's time only to back down completely, the much-heralded tanks doing a full u-turn, grovelling that "yes we were totally wrong but if only you'd told us more clearly, sooner...."

He will have to pay full costs for the SFA and King and no doubt have to compensate them both in addition.

Other than that, corrupt establishment masonic SFA pyoor caught cheatin again n'aat... ;)

Yeah I was serious actually.

Trouble with Ashley - for you, Newcastle and possibly BHS now ... is that's small change for him.

I don't like bryce.

Neither do I. I find him hugely annoying and like a bad smell he keeps turning up where he is not wanted.

However I think it is important that we remind him time and time again that He let his club die.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic