The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Pistol1874

Yes, my post stated "the business and assets including, crucially, the intellectual property, name and brand by which 99.999% actually identify BHS". Clearly that does not equate to BHS being "just a brand name" as per your misrepresentation. I identify someone by their face, only an idiot would say that person is "just a face"! :)

I'm surprised you're familiar with the Transfer of Membership mechanism within the rules, given a few posts ago you were apparently in the dark pining after a means of ensuring "sporting continuity" despite a change in legal entity. That is exactly what T of M serves to do, ergo the daftness of equating as synonymous a football club with its transient legal entity.

Glad we have some grounds for agreement, that Hearts would also have required a transfer of membership when their 1903 company voluntarily died/was liquidated. Our pal Newbie - with his "the club was the company and the company was the club" assertion - should pay heed to your words.

By the way Sandi, nice work with the "you let your club die" abbreviation. Folk are busy nowadays and logging on to post YLYCD takes time... ;)

None so blind as those who can't or, more likely, won't see.

Brick Tamland

Yes, my post stated "the business and assets including, crucially, the intellectual property, name and brand by which 99.999% actually identify BHS". Clearly that does not equate to BHS being "just a brand name" as per your misrepresentation. I identify someone by their face, only an idiot would say that person is "just a face"! :)

I'm surprised you're familiar with the Transfer of Membership mechanism within the rules, given a few posts ago you were apparently in the dark pining after a means of ensuring "sporting continuity" despite a change in legal entity. That is exactly what T of M serves to do, ergo the daftness of equating as synonymous a football club with its transient legal entity.

Glad we have some grounds for agreement, that Hearts would also have required a transfer of membership when their 1903 company voluntarily died/was liquidated. Our pal Newbie - with his "the club was the company and the company was the club" assertion - should pay heed to your words.

By the way Sandi, nice work with the "you let your club die" abbreviation. Folk are busy nowadays and logging on to post YLYCD takes time... ;)

FFS Bruce go and get a life, please understand that you?re obsessive and incessant trolling of trying to convince Hearts fans (and all other Scottish Football fans)that your new club is the same as your old club, is doing nothing other than making you out to be at best a smug arsehole and at worse someone with serious mental health issues.

You are beating your head against a brick wall and trying to make a door where no door will ever appear, give it up son.  

It has been pointed out to you on hundreds of occasions on this forum that your old club died, this isn?t Hearts fans trolling you it is 100% fact. Your old club cheated and one of the consequences of that cheating was death, your old club died and you all watched when it died, stood back with your watp and self entitlement attitudes and watched it, playing your flutes whilst it crashed, burned and died.

I?m sure the comfort you seek can be found from your fellow supporters who follow the team currently in Govan that were recently formed on 29th May 2012. You therefore cannot have any history prior to that date, do you understand that? Your new club purchased the history of your old club but you cannot claim it as your history as they have only been in existence for less than 4 years so the team you currently support cannot have won any trophies prior to 29th May 2012, it is impossible for this to happen.

There have been many analogies that you seem to ignore but I?ll give you this one and hope it gives you some comfort in your moments of need.

My uncle was killed during WW2 in France and I am fortunate enough to have his medal, it was impossible for me to die in WW2 as I was born in 1963 so it is impossible for me to claim the history of that medal. The medal may belong to me but it isn?t mine, the history doesn?t belong to me.  I can show family and friends the medal and tell them this was my uncles, they would think I was seriously mental if I told them it was mine. I have the medal but not the history, when I die my son will have it and so on. Do try to take some comfort from that, it might help you in your re-integration into the community and draw you out from the whataboutery fantasy world you are currently immersed in.  

Rangers, your old club, died. But as part of your new clubs history you have the memory of your old club, and that is fine, a bit like me and my uncle. The team who played in the same colours and same stadium as your new club, and who cheated their way to death and won the trophies and medals are theirs and they died with them whilst you watched.

Your new club will soon be 4, no history beyond those 4 years.

One real consistency that your new club does have, is your support. They appear to have  exactly the same traits as those that followed the club that died - an appalling collection of the most bigoted and ignorant football supporters you are likely to find anywhere in the world and you do nothing to make me think anything other than that. You are becoming a parody of yourself and it is quite disturbing to see a grown man (assumption by me) destroy himself in such a way.

Like it or not, accept it or not, but your old club are dead Bruce, they are not resting, they are stone dead, no amount of hitting the cage will resuscitate them, they are stone dead not stunned, they are not pining for the fjords, they have ceased to be and have expired and gone to meet their maker, they are stiff, bereft of life, let them rest in peace pushing up the daisies, their metabolic processes are now history, they are off the twig, kicked the bucket, shuffled off their mortal coil, they have run down the curtain and joined the bleedin choir invisible.

It is an ex club and you watched it die, please accept that and give us all some peace from your revisionism, dissembling, your ignoring of facts, your smugness, your whataboutery, your stunning levels of arseholery, your ignoring of questions, your thinly veiled threats, your arrogance, your ignorance, your trolling, your pathetic emojis and just your overall presence on this forum, it is all a bit creepy.

Now hopefully you?ll read this realise what you are and feck off never to be heard of again.

Kind regards BT

Unknown user

Guys, please stop engaging the teat when he mentions 1905 - it's whataboutery, nothing more, he kens fine.

It's just a distraction technique - I couldn't give a **** what happened in 1905, three quarters of a century before my dad met my mum ffs, but that's the path he wants to lead us down.

The conversation is about rangers' death and their fans' lack of action. Hearts in 1905 is a desperate, irrelevant smokescreen, stop biting!

Jambo-Jimbo

FFS Bruce go and get a life, please understand that you?re obsessive and incessant trolling of trying to convince Hearts fans (and all other Scottish Football fans)that your new club is the same as your old club, is doing nothing other than making you out to be at best a smug arsehole and at worse someone with serious mental health issues.

You are beating your head against a brick wall and trying to make a door where no door will ever appear, give it up son.  

It has been pointed out to you on hundreds of occasions on this forum that your old club died, this isn?t Hearts fans trolling you it is 100% fact. Your old club cheated and one of the consequences of that cheating was death, your old club died and you all watched when it died, stood back with your watp and self entitlement attitudes and watched it, playing your flutes whilst it crashed, burned and died.

I?m sure the comfort you seek can be found from your fellow supporters who follow the team currently in Govan that were recently formed on 29th May 2012. You therefore cannot have any history prior to that date, do you understand that? Your new club purchased the history of your old club but you cannot claim it as your history as they have only been in existence for less than 4 years so the team you currently support cannot have won any trophies prior to 29th May 2012, it is impossible for this to happen.

There have been many analogies that you seem to ignore but I?ll give you this one and hope it gives you some comfort in your moments of need.

My uncle was killed during WW2 in France and I am fortunate enough to have his medal, it was impossible for me to die in WW2 as I was born in 1963 so it is impossible for me to claim the history of that medal. The medal may belong to me but it isn?t mine, the history doesn?t belong to me.  I can show family and friends the medal and tell them this was my uncles, they would think I was seriously mental if I told them it was mine. I have the medal but not the history, when I die my son will have it and so on. Do try to take some comfort from that, it might help you in your re-integration into the community and draw you out from the whataboutery fantasy world you are currently immersed in.  

Rangers, your old club, died. But as part of your new clubs history you have the memory of your old club, and that is fine, a bit like me and my uncle. The team who played in the same colours and same stadium as your new club, and who cheated their way to death and won the trophies and medals are theirs and they died with them whilst you watched.

Your new club will soon be 4, no history beyond those 4 years.

One real consistency that your new club does have, is your support. They appear to have  exactly the same traits as those that followed the club that died - an appalling collection of the most bigoted and ignorant football supporters you are likely to find anywhere in the world and you do nothing to make me think anything other than that. You are becoming a parody of yourself and it is quite disturbing to see a grown man (assumption by me) destroy himself in such a way.

Like it or not, accept it or not, but your old club are dead Bruce, they are not resting, they are stone dead, no amount of hitting the cage will resuscitate them, they are stone dead not stunned, they are not pining for the fjords, they have ceased to be and have expired and gone to meet their maker, they are stiff, bereft of life, let them rest in peace pushing up the daisies, their metabolic processes are now history, they are off the twig, kicked the bucket, shuffled off their mortal coil, they have run down the curtain and joined the bleedin choir invisible.

It is an ex club and you watched it die, please accept that and give us all some peace from your revisionism, dissembling, your ignoring of facts, your smugness, your whataboutery, your stunning levels of arseholery, your ignoring of questions, your thinly veiled threats, your arrogance, your ignorance, your trolling, your pathetic emojis and just your overall presence on this forum, it is all a bit creepy.

Now hopefully you?ll read this realise what you are and feck off never to be heard of again.

Kind regards BT

:bravo:

colinmaroon

You remind me of one of the poor souls in the water as the Titanic sank beneath the waves.

Spluttering!  Choking!  Spouting water like a humpback whale!

No doubt, when picked up by the Carpathia you renamed it the Titanic - poor analogy that - better, had a new ship built and called it the Titanic!!! 

NOT THE SAME SHIP!!!

How many HMS Revenge ships have been launched for the Royal Navy?   NOT ONE of them was the same ship as its predecessors.

In a word, Rangers are DEAD!

NEW Rangers are not the same club!

Guys, please stop engaging the teat when he mentions 1905 - it's whataboutery, nothing more, he kens fine.

It's just a distraction technique - I couldn't give a **** what happened in 1905, three quarters of a century before my dad met my mum ffs, but that's the path he wants to lead us down.

The conversation is about rangers' death and their fans' lack of action. Hearts in 1905 is a desperate, irrelevant smokescreen, stop biting!

I have said this before but feel the need to repeat myself.

If none of us reply to these type of posts they will realise that there is no gain in trying to provoke comments and disappear off to pastures new.

There is nothing worse than being ignored completely and they will eventually stop trying to get our attention. There is nothing to be gained by shouting in an empty room.

Footballfirst

This is well worth a read re Rangers demise and a complicit SFA

http://www.theoffshoregame.net/475-2/

... and the full report

http://www.theoffshoregame.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Web-edition-Doing-SFA-for-Fair-Play-Main-report.pdf

.... plus the Annexes

http://www.theoffshoregame.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Doing-SFA-Annexes.pdf

Edited by Footballfirst

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Plenty people in Scotland, media included and especially, treat this as a contentious issue - as if the different club argument is only kept alive by a few Internet saddos motivated by hatred or bigotry. But this isn't a question of faith or interpretation. There is only one truth here, one reality. By the rules and regulations as they were in 2012, and crucially, by the way those rules were interpreted by EVERY SINGLE PERSON with even a passing interest in Scottish football, this entity is not the same as the one that existed prior to 2012. In every case previously when a Scottish club got into financial difficulty everyone, and I mean everyone (officials, media, fans) took that to mean the existence of the club was in danger. The idea the club could separate from the endangered business simply didn't enter anybody's head. You might think it's boring, fuelled by bitterness, or even pointless, but it doesn't change the undeniable truth that this isn't the same Rangers.

Plenty people in Scotland, media included and especially, treat this as a contentious issue - as if the different club argument is only kept alive by a few Internet saddos motivated by hatred or bigotry. But this isn't a question of faith or interpretation. There is only one truth here, one reality. By the rules and regulations as they were in 2012, and crucially, by the way those rules were interpreted by EVERY SINGLE PERSON with even a passing interest in Scottish football, this entity is not the same as the one that existed prior to 2012. In every case previously when a Scottish club got into financial difficulty everyone, and I mean everyone (officials, media, fans) took that to mean the existence of the club was in danger. The idea the club could separate from the endangered business simply didn't enter anybody's head. You might think it's boring, fuelled by bitterness, or even pointless, but it doesn't change the undeniable truth that this isn't the same Rangers.

Diana - nice of you to join in.

Not sure where you've been the last few years, but in case you hadn't noticed, the governing bodies have been consistent that Rangers FC are officially the same club, and rival fans like yourself perceive the rules and regulations to be the problem, not the solution! :)

As our knowledgeable friend FootballFirst will tell you, the rulebook is saturated with distinctions drawn between the club and its "owner and operator", the company. It was on this basis that Lord Nimmo Smith similarly distinguished between oldco and the club it operated in his SPL Commission's report.

I won't speculate as to the motivations of individuals who state the new club position. However, the fact they are in their entirety rival fans who hold Rangers in disdain - and independent bodies like the BBC, ASA, ECA etc have all echoed the official position - is more than a little suggestive ;)

Nothing wrong with banter between rival fans though. Except when said rival fans forget the responsibilities of the positions they may hold... Mr. Spence... :)

Jamboelite

Not sure where you've been the last few years, but in case you hadn't noticed, the governing bodies have been consistent that Rangers FC are officially the same club, and rival fans like yourself perceive the rules and regulations to be the problem, not the solution! :)

As our knowledgeable friend FootballFirst will tell you, the rulebook is saturated with distinctions drawn between the club and its "owner and operator", the company. It was on this basis that Lord Nimmo Smith similarly distinguished between oldco and the club it operated in his SPL Commission's report.

I won't speculate as to the motivations of individuals who state the new club position. However, the fact they are in their entirety rival fans who hold Rangers in disdain - and independent bodies like the BBC, ASA, ECA etc have all echoed the official position - is more than a little suggestive ;)

Nothing wrong with banter between rival fans though. Except when said rival fans forget the responsibilities of the positions they may hold... Mr. Spence... :)

Say it after me............. liquidation

But the thing you fail to grasp is,

YOU LET YOUR CLUB DIE !!!

...and independent bodies like the BBC...

:rofl: :rofl: Proof, if any were ever needed that you're nothing more than a common or garden troll.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Imagine getting trolled to oblivion by Bryce. :vrface:

It's quite simple. His weird mission to preach his Dr Who Rangers will never succeed so leave him alone in his bubble of delusion.

Glamorgan Jambo

At best sinister, in reality the actions of a bunch of brainless thugs.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

By what process did Rangers begin the 12/13 season in the bottom tier? How do you think they got there?

What entity did Fergus McCann save in 1994? Was the club threatened? Could Celtic have continued if he never got involved?

Imagine getting trolled to oblivion by Bryce. :vrface:

He's quite simple. His weird mission to preach his Dr Who Rangers will never succeed so leave him alone in his bubble of delusion.

Edited fur troofs likesay

Diadora Van Basten
So who are the people who prepared this report?

Footballfirst

So who are the people who prepared this report

The author is George Turner who works for the Tax Justice Network. He is based in London, and previously worked for former Liberal MP Simon Hughes.

He regularly writes reports for the "offshore game" which highlights dodgy dealings by football clubs throughout the UK.

Edited by Footballfirst

kingdannyb

"The evidence presented in this report does not amount to proof of corruption, and we do not allege corruption at the SFA. But the evidence does strongly suggest that the SFA is unable, if not actively unwilling, to ensure fair play. Major changes in personnel and governance structures will be necessary if the SFA is to show itself fit for purpose."

Diadora Van Basten

"The evidence presented in this report does not amount to proof of corruption, and we do not allege corruption at the SFA. But the evidence does strongly suggest that the SFA is unable, if not actively unwilling, to ensure fair play. Major changes in personnel and governance structures will be necessary if the SFA is to show itself fit for purpose."

I don't see why they don't just call it corruption.

They describe a scenario were Campbell Ogilvie who was at Rangers and had an ebt was able to influence The Lord Nimmo enquiry unduly so that Rangers got the result they wanted.

This is clearly a case of rabbits guarding the cabbage patch a clear conflict of interests.

AngleParkMenace

What can or will be done about it though? We have all known the bias shown two the bigot brothers for ask long as I have been a football fan.

niblick1874

What can or will be done about it though? We have all known the bias shown two the bigot brothers for ask long as I have been a football fan.

The proof is there for all to see but the ones responsible are only getting involved when it is necessary to spin there shit and it is working thanks to the MSM.

How did "Sameco" get "relegated" to the bottom tier , please ?

As for the bit in bold : speculate all you  like , no on  here cares. But do stop spinning the argument : this all comes about because Charlie bought the history/assets  (as he said on oath in court) and then Rangers fans  proclaimed their same club myth.  So long as this myth is proclaimed , people on here will respond. "New club" claimants are not mischief makers : they have no motivation other than responding to bullying , intimidation , threats and the general bullshit printed in the Rangers biased media.

Spitonastranger

YLYCD :toff:  :toff:  :toff::2thumbsup:  :2thumbsup:   we didn't live with it 

the rulebook is saturated with distinctions drawn between the club and its "owner and operator", the company.

Club;      (now called) Rangers Football Club ltd

Owner;    Rangers International plc. 

Club;      (now called) Rangers Football Club ltd

Owner;    Rangers International plc.

If only... ;)

Articles are explicit. Shares in SPFL Ltd can only be held by "the owner & operator of a club".

SHARE CAPITAL
18. Except with the authority of a Qualified Resolution, the issued Share Capital of the 
Company shall not exceed ?42 divided into 42 Shares.
19. A Share may only be issued, allotted, transferred to or held by a Trustee or a person 
who is the owner and operator of a Club.

Which company listed on all Companies House information as the shareholder?

The Rangers Football Club Ltd. Not the PLC.

Rules are rules, as they say :)

Edited by bryce9a

sandylejambo

how were players allowed to sign for other clubs while they were contracted to a team that never went out of business?

The Gasman

how were players allowed to sign for other clubs while they were contracted to a team that never went out of business?

Not sure how TUPE was invoked if employees weren't transferring to a separate entity either..?

:whistling:

bryce69 talking Phoenix Company situations here, he better be careful as the Taxman will take even more interest in this and ask for our money that Rangers in its many forms bump the hardworkering taxpayers.

Pistol1874

If only... ;)

Articles are explicit. Shares in SPFL Ltd can only be held by "the owner & operator of a club".

SHARE CAPITAL

18. Except with the authority of a Qualified Resolution, the issued Share Capital of the

Company shall not exceed ?42 divided into 42 Shares.

19. A Share may only be issued, allotted, transferred to or held by a Trustee or a person

who is the owner and operator of a Club.

Which company listed on all Companies House information as the shareholder?

The Rangers Football Club Ltd. Not the PLC.

Rules are rules, as they say :)

. Edited by Pistol1874

And he's not praying

Hey Brycey, nobody gives a sh.. about your posts, we just couldn't care less.

Clearly.

Said several pages later.

Glamorgan Jambo

Interesting stuff. They're will be a few twitching backsides at the SPFL/SFA. And at the new club due to the 'duplication' of directors.

Footballfirst

Interesting stuff. They're will be a few twitching backsides at the SPFL/SFA. And at the new club due to the 'duplication' of directors.

The big problem is to persuade someone in the SMSM to ask the same questions of the individuals involved, who ignored or avoided answering the questions posed by the Tax Justice Network, thus keeping up the pressure on Regan, Ogilvie and co..

The clubs themselves are also free to ask the same questions of the SFA too.

Glamorgan Jambo

The big problem is to persuade someone in the SMSM to ask the same questions of the individuals involved, who ignored or avoided answering the questions posed by the Tax Justice Network, thus keeping up the pressure on Regan, Ogilvie and co..

The clubs themselves are also free to ask the same questions of the SFA too.

The best mainstream journalist to take this forward is Alex Thomson. And I'm sure at some point he will. Probably once there's a bit more clarity around the ongoing court actions (civil and criminal).

Doctor FinnBarr

Anyhow, did you put your hand in your pocket to save your bigoted club mate? Or DID YOU LET IT DIE?

Diadora Van Basten

Just to be clear then - which club is paying the tax debt ?

A good point if a club is responsible for making sure that their are no tax liabilities due to gain a European licence then with Rangers claiming to be the same club then they should not be allowed to play in Europe until all the taxes due are paid.

Just so everyone knows i have taken over bryces posts so i am the new bryce. I have all his history of posts and nothing has changed. I will shortly be changing my name to the bryce but everything is the same. Nothing to see here. Here is my first post:

Wibble wibble

:bobby:

That might well be the case niblick,but then again this is Scotland we live in.

One has to wonder as to why it takes a guy from Channel 4,Alex Thomson to preach to all and sundry in Britain about tax cheating,btw discount Glasgow journos employed by Level 5 and are forbidden to spead the word on the new club.

His last blog on them was as hard hitting as possible http://blogs.channel4.com/alex-thomsons-view/rangers-cheated-football-fraudulent-silverware/10066 but at the end of the day only UEFA can settle this,not the courts,sad but true.

Charlie-Brown

The law of the land does not recognise them as the same club indeed their very FACT they are in liquidation makes continuation of the club an impossibility. Corrupt SFA shenanigans dont even matter a jot because even allowing for their delusional pretences even they have treated Rangers as the new football club they are in all competitions and under their rules Rangers retained precisely ZERO footballing status because Old Rangers were put in liquidation hence NEW REPLACEMENT RANGERS were creates in 2012.

Charlie-Brown

2012/2013 cup competition draws and placements tell us everything you need to know from Old Rangers to New Rangers how the SFA & SPFL treated old club / new club in competitions. Rangers were treated as an entirely new entity bottom tier club and their finishing position in the last season of their liquidation counted for nothing...the same club would have been seeded in 2012/2013 Cup Competitions they werent end of story.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic