The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Nah mate listen to talk sport and you will realise what the pundits of English football think that it's the same club and they're surprised other club fans in the same nation try to say differently which is a massive insult to the rangers legends who won those trophies - I assume if the worst case scenario happened to our club that every rangers fan wouldn't have started peddling some myth about our history being gone which in the same two way sword would be an insult to our club and legends and history past and even present

Even Alan shearer said he wants to see rangers and hibs promoted for the good of sfottish football and I wrote that here too without saying he said it but you all tried to write that opinion off hahahaha

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Talk sport? Really? That's people giving opinions, not facts.

Fact is, UEFA don't see sevco as the same club, the club that you let die currently has some coefficient points. The tribute act club do not.

http://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/uefarankings/club/

michael_bolton

Rangers and Celtic fans love to talk about the supposed 'interest' their clubs generate in England.

I've been living abroad for most of the last decade. I've met scores of English football fans. I've yet to meet one with even the most remote interest in the Old Firm. They never talk about the Old Firm, as far as I know they never watch the games and they usually didn't even know who the champions were (until Rangers died, then they knew it must be Celtic).

The idea that the Old Firm generate these great levels of interest is simply nonsense. People outside Scotland (and Ireland/N. Ireland) are simply not bothered.

It's like asking people in Scotland who won the Turkish league. Most people will know who the big teams are, but have no idea who won and will not care at all.

Edited by michael_bolton

Not as embarrassing as pretending hearts will ever win the league because this season is the best shot they will ever have at it now rangers are back and that will also make celtic play better every game because when rangers are in the league even cfc fans go off their head at dropping one single point

And I can assure you both clubs will be turning up in bigger numbers than us next season and putting scottish football on the map again

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

You let your club die !!!

Now GTF....

alicante jambo

You let your club die !!!

Now GTF....

Its really simple.They went defunct new club they are.Trying to convince them is difficult but as long as the have dungcaster and regan speaking up for them nothing will change.Should be playing junior football at best.

Tommy Brown

The Earl of Cardigan's ramblings this week are the standard statement from all the huns I know since the death of their club.

They are now back with their imcumbent with their bitterness multiplied.

They are like your horrible neighbour that has just been released from prison, does he come back with a more understanding attitude, no he comes back more unsociable than ever.

It was not total bliss when he was away, but it was a bit better without him.

FFS, I had a work colleague creaming his pants at the Ade Durham piece. I pointed out, that Durham is a shock jock that backs one side of the argument to get callers phoning in. I like Durham, but he doesn't really give a toss about Rangers and will turn the tables anytime in the future. BTW, I have always enjoyed listening to him.

Oneneilberry

Hopefully the mid table struggle they endure next season will shut most of the slavering arseholes up next year .seriously doubt it though if the two clowns posting on this thread are anything to go by

disgruntledfan

That is an excellent piece of writing to be honest and about time Walter "the Cardigan" Smith got a barrel full.

The delusionment through the west is never ending. But the bit I had a great chuckle at was this ...

" However, if the Easter Road outfit can secure a decent lead with just a few minutes left, I?m going for United."

Come on the Arabs.

To save time, he could have reduced Tuesday?s media conference to seven words by cutting through the crap and saying: ?The rules shouldn?t have applied to Rangers.?

Glamorgan Jambo

I can confirm that nobody has so much as briefly mentioned the looming 'Old Firm' derby to me between the time of the draw and today. And I'll be utterly shocked if anyone mentions it in the next week unless something dramatic, off the pitch, happens tomorrow.

The current all consuming football story for neutrals south of the border is, deservedly, Leicester.

PS I'm not enjoying the forum so much these days due to the constant interruptions from 1 obvious fans of other teams and 2 trolls and wind up merchants. It's not easy being a mod and I do appreciate alternative viewpoints but the lunatics are quickly taking over the asylum.

Geoff Kilpatrick

No one has mentioned anything about the second meeting of these two teams out here either.

Jambo-Jimbo

I can confirm that nobody has so much as briefly mentioned the looming 'Old Firm' derby to me between the time of the draw and today. And I'll be utterly shocked if anyone mentions it in the next week unless something dramatic, off the pitch, happens tomorrow.

The current all consuming football story for neutrals south of the border is, deservedly, Leicester.

PS I'm not enjoying the forum so much these days due to the constant interruptions from 1 obvious fans of other teams and 2 trolls and wind up merchants. It's not easy being a mod and I do appreciate alternative viewpoints but the lunatics are quickly taking over the asylum.

No one has mentioned anything about the second meeting of these two teams out here either.

Don't believe it, you mean none of the 500 million fans World wide haven't mentioned this?

I was under the impression that World Football revolved around only Rangers & Celtic.

Unknown user

"The Blue Pound"

I don't know what benefit rangers fans imagine we get from a crowd at ibrox, or why we're meant to be grateful for whatever scraps they think they're throwing us!

Speaking for myself, I'd take a drop in income to never see those feckers again.

Why didn't they use the Blue Pound to try and stop their club from dying by the way?

Unknown user

Don't believe it, you mean none of the 500 million fans World wide haven't mentioned this?

I was under the impression that World Football revolved around only Rangers & Celtic.

Would you believe that the dutch factory I work in hasn't been filed with OF obsession either?

Weird!

michael_bolton

I got my first mention of it today at work.

A Celtic fan I work with was asking around for people to watch the game with tomorrow. I've said I'll watch it with him. I'm always pleased to have someone to watch my team with me when I'm abroad, so I'll do him the favour.

Not one of the non-Scots in the office knew what he meant by "the game tomorrow night". A few are coming along for something to do, but these same guys watchedthe Hearts - Hibs cup tie and a few of our league games this season. They were no more aware of the fact that an Old Firm game is on tomorrow than they were about anything else to do with Scottish football.

Edited by michael_bolton

Ehm guys I just skipped an entire page but has anyone pointed out how obvious of a windup this cyanide poster is?

Konrad von Carstein

Ehm guys I just skipped an entire page but has anyone pointed out how obvious of a windup this cyanide poster is?

Shhhhhhhh! He thinks we haven't noticed that, if you make him aware he'll stop posting and making a huge ****** of himself.

* UK version of ***** not the US one.....although that could work too.. :lol:

Ksakes, the hashtagged out word is f a n n y.

Edited by Konrad von Carstein

Diadora Van Basten

I think Tam Cowan and Stuart Cosgrove bottled it when they said they didn't think Rangers should have their titles stripped after the courts confirmed that EBTs were illegal.

This brought confidence to the Rangers revisionists as they try to rewrite history.

Now the whole media is running scared and whilst it is good that he is spoke out he bottled it when it mattered.

Shhhhhhhh! He thinks we haven't noticed that, if you make him aware he'll stop posting and making a huge ######* of himself.

* UK version of ###### not the US one.....although that could work too.. :lol:

Ksakes, the hashtagged out word is f a n n y.

Haha.  I wonder if fannypack gets censored.

Edit: Nope!

Edited by Justin Z

Big Slim Stylee

I think Tam Cowan and Stuart Cosgrove bottled it when they said they didn't think Rangers should have their titles stripped after the courts confirmed that EBTs were illegal.

This brought confidence to the Rangers revisionists as they try to rewrite history.

Now the whole media is running scared and whilst it is good that he is spoke out he bottled it when it mattered.

To be fair, he did say he wasn't that arsed one way or the other.  Which is the view of many of us.

Attached is the The Daily Records list of recipients and the years associated with the EBTs.http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-big-tax-case-who-6767682#j4V0xwzPcSZUixz8.97

I've looked at a few older articles and noticed that Walter Smith's name has been removed.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Why didn't they use the Blue Pound to try and stop their club from dying by the way?

That is a tremendous point. Their "Blue pounds" weren't enough to save their own club from dying, but now they're here to rescue the rest of us?! Brilliant. :lol:

Why do they always come on and try convince everyone they're the same club?

The lady doth protest too much, methinks

Why do they always come on and try and convince everyone they're Hearts fans before ****ing it up later on, usually in the same post, and outing themselves as Sevconians?

Although I guess the lack of brain cells on show makes it easier to understand why they're so ill-informed about their own club.

Jambo-Jimbo

Why do they always come on and try and convince everyone they're Hearts fans before ******* it up later on, usually in the same post, and outing themselves as Sevconians?

Although I guess the lack of brain cells on show makes it easier to understand why they're so ill-informed about their own club.

Little wonder when they lap up all the pish from the 'Daily Sevco' and the 'Sevco Broadcasting Company' (formally known as the BBC).

"The Blue Pound"

I don't know what benefit rangers fans imagine we get from a crowd at ibrox, or why we're meant to be grateful for whatever scraps they think they're throwing us!

Speaking for myself, I'd take a drop in income to never see those feckers again.

The guy who ran Rangers pools and criticised Murray's running of the club and pointing out the dangers of Murray's reckless spending made it clear (and it was printed in the media , amazingly) that Rangers global reach as a club was a total myth. From that I take any talk of the "blue pound" or any interest in the "OF fixture around the world" to be  an invention of  delusional Glasgow journalists still indulging in the "Glasgow's miles better" nonsense that pervades the Glaswegian psyche.

And don't forget , Murray spent years hawking the club but no one would touch it. 

You're so right.  The last two pages have been flicked through by me at 100 mph since the appearance of another one of them.

In the past, I appreciated that we had fans of other clubs who posted now and then.  The sensible ones seem to have left the building, though, to be replaced by Pains In The Arse and nutters.

OmiyaHearts

The guy who ran Rangers pools and criticised Murray's running of the club and pointing out the dangers of Murray's reckless spending made it clear (and it was printed in the media , amazingly) that Rangers global reach as a club was a total myth. From that I take any talk of the "blue pound" or any interest in the "OF fixture around the world" to be an invention of delusional Glasgow journalists still indulging in the "Glasgow's miles better" nonsense that pervades the Glaswegian psyche.

And don't forget , Murray spent years hawking the club but no one would touch it.

Glasgow is miles better though.

I P Knightley

Desperate to share his 'facts'. Has anyone else who's challenged him received a PM? Mine told me that the people with a Rangers/EBT past who are being paid to commentate on Rangers matches are definitely big supporters of the club.

Than where? Chernobyl?

One of my favourite gags when I went to do some work in Kiev: Don't buy Ukranian underpants. Chernobyl fall out.

Liked this article (obviously apologies if already posted).

http://90minutecynic.com/truth-and-reconciliation-in-scottish-football/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Great piece, but can't see them ever swallowing enough pride to accept the reality.

So until then, f**kem.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Diadora Van Basten

Liked this article (obviously apologies if already posted).

http://90minutecynic.com/truth-and-reconciliation-in-scottish-football/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I don't think it is right to compromise on such matters the rules should apply without fear or favour.

When the SFA negotiated the five way agreement they did something for Rangers that they would not have done for any other team.

The SFAs conclusion that Rangers did not receive a sporting benefit from their use of EBTs is an insult to the intelligence of other fans teams who had spent time and money watching a competition that was bent.

In my opinion the reason we are at this unsatisfactory situation is because the ruling bodies have shown weakness and Rangers need reminding of the truth at every opportunity.

Edited by Sandi

Jambo-Jimbo

I don't think it is right to compromise on such matters the rules should apply without fear or favour.

When the SFA negotiated the five way agreement they did something for Rangers that they would not have done for any other team.

The SFAs conclusion that Rangers did not receive a sporting benefit from their use of EBTs is an insult to the intelligence of other fans teams who had spent time and money watching a competition that was bent.

In my opinion the reason we are at this unsatisfactory situation is because the ruling bodies have shown weakness and Rangers need reminding of the truth at every opportunity.

:spoton:

Especially the last sentence.

Rangers & certain sections of the media have for the last few years been trying to rewrite history, been trying to pretend that their troubles were nothing to do with their financial mismanagement but somehow were everybody else's fault and that they were unfairly treated, I'm more than surprised that a claim that Rangers were cheated by the other clubs hasn't been mentioned yet (give it time tho).

So it is right and correct that they are reminded at every opportunity of the truth.

I can accept Rangers fans thinking of the current tribute act as the real Rangers. I just don't get why they seem so desperate for the rest of us to believe it as well. In fact it is almost like "Believe us or else!" The more they show this arrogant side (which I guess is pretty hard to hide) the more I am motivated to say "Aye right" and pick holes in their shoogly logic.

niblick1874

I agree with all you have said apart from one word, weakness. I call it corruption. It will take a complete clear out of the people that have had anything to do with the corruption that has been, and still is, rife within Scottish football before anything will be done about the bigot situation. Until then there is no point.

Scottish football is corrupt.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic