The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

What was TBs old kickback moniker?

Was it not TheTriggersBroom until he decided he wanted to resurrect the old one again and keep his post count (even though the profile was deleted)

One other fact about the ebt case that has been completely ignored by both the smsm and the rangers fans is that rangers ADMITTED liability for tax and ni payments on several of the ebts at the start of all this, the various appeals only covered the cases they did not admit liability for.

And thats before you factor in the DOS case(or wee tax case as it's known) which rangers lost and did not appeal.

And its frequently ignored that SDM offered ?10m to stop HMRC continuing with the BTC.

Would anyone do that if they thought they were in the clear?

What was TBs old kickback moniker?

I didn't think he has an old one.

Unless he's Bryce as well...

I didn't think he has an old one.

Unless he's Bryce as well...

I don't think he's Bryce, Bryce had arguments that sound more credible but eventually they were ripped apart by the likes of FF and IP Nightly.

Right I am sick of all this shit my head os bursting I am a great believer in what goes around comes around even jihadi John got his,At the end of the day there are thousands of pensioners in south Africa skint because of the glib and shameless one yet the govanites still kiss feet while he picks their pockets once again .

. He will be found out ,he will serve a prison term because as I said before you can't buy your way out of a British prison he is one step up from a doorstep conman always has been always will be

Seymour M Hersh

What astonishes me about triggersbroom and other rangers fans is their complete lack of knowledge about the tax cases and the purchase of assets by sevco and why they played in the 3rd division in 2012/13(hint - you weren't relegated), it's almost as if they live in a bubble.

All of the information is available if you want to do some searching but as the truth does not fit in with your "everybody hates us, it's a catholic conspiracy, all clubs are jealous of us" narrative, I don't expect you will search out the facts, and that is partly why no one likes rangers/sevco.

A classic example was the daily records reporting of thursdays court case re greens legal fees, green's barrister stated that sevco bought the assets of rangers, the players play for sevco, sevco pay the players, sevco own the stadium, sevco are not rangers. this was not challenged by rangers/sevco's barrister but that was not mentioned in the daily records reporting of the proceedings. Now why do you think that was?

Total and utter denial. Nothing more nothing less.

Spitonastranger

Fair point, FF. I'll not comment anymore on it. 

I don't see myself as a neanderthal, but I definitely believe that everyone hates us. Scottish football fans aren't exactly subtle in expressing their hatred of Rangers and their fans. Even on this forum, I think it's a good forum, but the amount of times I see Rangers fans referred to as scum/orcs/bigots/zombies/social cancer/neanderthals etc etc etc. 

The King statement definitely had quite an aggressive/defensive/assertive tone about it, but I think it needed to be said. And I do agree it sounds much more like something Chris Graham would say as he seems much more confrontational than King.

. You let your club die.

Unlike some I am not at all worried about us losing cups retroactively.

I think we all know that if the GFA had even 1% of the wrongdoing by rangers RIP to pin on us, they would have already thrown the book at us. THAT is one reason I want them brought down, but one of many.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Edited by hmfcfanyul

Right I am sick of all this shit my head os bursting I am a great believer in what goes around comes around even jihadi John got his,At the end of the day there are thousands of pensioners in south Africa skint because of the glib and shameless one yet the govanites still kiss feet while he picks their pockets once again .

. He will be found out ,he will serve a prison term because as I said before you can't buy your way out of a British prison he is one step up from a doorstep conman always has been always will be

I usually stay well clear of this cesspit of a thread, but I think its hit a new low when Rangers supporters are compared to Jihadists

I usually stay well clear of this cesspit of a thread, but I think its hit a new low when Rangers supporters are compared to Jihadists

Aye that's exactly what happened eh? Ffs

I P Knightley

Correct me if I'm wrong

You've come to the right place. Many here willing to oblige. :)

An asterix beside every trophy they won in the time EBT's were used

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post-6882-0-90846100-1447546237_thumb.jpg

I agree, all them Jihadists will be seething at this slur.

Apologies If already posted ...

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/6742247/Gers-star-Clarks-night-in-cells-after-cop-bust-up.html

Nicky Clark spends a night in the cells

Rangers star Nicky Clark spent a night in cells after he was nicked over claims he rowed with cops.

The Ibrox striker, 24, appeared in court yesterday with his brother Gary, 27.

The pair, from West Lothian, were accused of struggling with British Transport Police at Queen Street Station on Thursday.

It was claimed they behaved in a threatening or abusive manner and resisted officers when they were were in the execution of their duty.

Gary was also charged with breach of the peace and carrying a knife.

Edited by Jambo_in_Hamilton

I usually stay well clear of this cesspit of a thread, but I think its hit a new low when Rangers

supporters are compared to Jihadists

I smell Dkingists watch yer backs

Torness tam fi govans nae credit left on his fone go and ask Davy for a sub you'll get get the same answer as the orcs nothing to see here move on ha ha

Rangers cheated, that's not just my opinion or many people's opinions it's a proven fact in a court of law by 3 law lords. They cheated they have been found guilty their titles are tainted forever and should be stripped. An asterix beside every trophy they won in the time EBT's were used is the bare minimum these cheats should face.

As for this "Every football fan hates us pish" yes we hate you and yes the majority of Scottish football fans hate you and want you gone. You burnt all your bridges and any possible goodwill years ago, you showed no contrition or acceptance of guilt, you carried on with the shite WATP attitude you issued threats instead of building bridges and making friends.

Scottish football will never forget the horrible cheating vile institution that was Rangers and is Sevco.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Footballfirst

The unpaid VAT was a consequence of Whyte's illegal purchase of Rangers. He took over Rangers with absolutely no intention of running them legitimately. The ?10M annual deficit was a big concern for sure, but in the 3 seasons or so preceding Whyte's takeover, Rangers reduced their debt from around ?30M to ?18M. It was a difficult situation but it was manageable. The biggest concern pre-Whyte was 'The Big Tax Case', and even now, 4/5 years later it still hasn't gone away. 

I meant to reply to this post yesterday, but Iwas busy with other things.  The main point I wished to pick up on was the pre Whyte period and the spending decisions made by Murray.

You highlighted the debt reduction in 3 years prior to Whyte's takeover. I would like to take you back two or three years earlier. 

SDM has just undertaken a ?51M rights issue in 2005 that the fans had largely ignored and ?49M of it was ultimately funded by Murray Group's borrowings from Bank of Scotland. The following year a retail deal was signed with JJB which provided a further ?18M up front.  Rangers net debt was below ?6M in 2006, but spending on players over the next three years saw the debt figure rise to ?16M, then ?21M then ?31M, before Lloyds stepped in after taking over HBOS (Jan 2009) and put a halt to to the reckless spending.

The reduction in debt that you and Rangers sycophants in the media are fond of quoting was achieved off the back of a combination of Lloyds spending constraints and Champions League cash. It was unsustainable, and just as Celtic have experienced, without CL cash the club loses money.

You have acknowledged that there was a ?10M structural deficit in the finances.  How do you believe that hole should have been filled. Further borrowing?, Soft loans from RRM? A sugar daddy? A share issue?  They have all been tried and failed, but then there has never been an appetite withing the Rangers fan base to reduce spending to match your income. Even now with emergency funding required next month, most Rangers fans are more interested in is who W & W will sign in the transfer window.  It's madness.

Murray sold out for ?1, because Lloyds were unwilling to fund further shortfalls. He even went against the Independent Board he appointed, who recommended against selling to Whyte. Had Murray remained in situ in 2011, it would have been him who took the club into administration.  His empire was collapsing around him and his only exit plan was to ditch the club onto a spiv and dump his other companies' debts onto Lloyds.

You say the Big Tax Case was the biggest concern pre-Whyte.  HMRC had been actively sniffing around since 2005 and when they got hold of the side letters in 2007 the writing was on the wall.  What was Murray's response?  Like most other "self made millionaires" who profited by spending other peoples money, he went out and spent some more.  What if he had directed that extra spending into getting a settlement with HMRC? Not with ?10M, but maybe ?25M, the outcome could have been so different.  Murray's years at Ibrox saw cumulative losses of an eye watering ?147M, all funded by others (BoS, ENIC, JJB, & King's tax dodges),

I'll paint another scenario for you from 2011.  McCoist negotiates his way past Malmo and Rangers again gets access to CL money. There would have been no need to withhold taxes. It could have been Whyte who initiated an IPO and who knows what might have happened after that.

Like most Rangers fans who have flitted in and out of JKB in recent years, you appear to have very selective views and interpretation of events and "facts" you quote, which suits a particular narrative rather than see the whole picture.  I'd suggest that you read the accounts, tribunal and legal decisions in full, then you will be able to see the bigger picture more clearly.

FWIW, I hope that there are some guilty verdicts out of the forthcoming trials, but I fear that the typical Rangers fan's response will be that of the victim and the misdemeanours of the 12 years previous to 2011 will be airbrushed into history. If Rangers fans had been willing to listen to the advice of others both inside and outside the club, then it may have been possible to avoid being taken in by the spivs, but no, Murray, Whtye, Green and King were all lauded up the marble staircase.

Edited by Footballfirst

I meant to reply to this post yesterday, but Iwas busy with other things.  The main point I wished to pick up on was the pre Whyte period and the spending decisions made by Murray.

You highlighted the debt reduction in 3 years prior to Whyte's takeover. I would like to take you back two or three years earlier. 

SDM has just undertaken a ?51M rights issue in 2005 that the fans had largely ignored and ?49M of it was ultimately funded by Murray Group's borrowings from Bank of Scotland. The following year a retail deal was signed with JJB which provided a further ?18M up front.  Rangers net debt was below ?6M in 2006, but spending on players over the next three years saw the debt figure rise to ?16M, then ?21M then ?31M, before Lloyds stepped in after taking over HBOS (Jan 2009) and put a halt to to the reckless spending.

The reduction in debt that you and Rangers sycophants in the media are fond of quoting was achieved off the back of a combination of Lloyds spending constraints and Champions League cash. It was unsustainable, and just as Celtic have experienced, without CL cash the club loses money.

You have acknowledged that there was a ?10M structural deficit in the finances.  How do you believe that hole should have been filled. Further borrowing?, Soft loans from RRM? A sugar daddy? A share issue?  They have all been tried and failed, but then there has never been an appetite withing the Rangers fan base to reduce spending to match your income. Even now with emergency funding required next month, most Rangers fans are more interested in is who W & W will sign in the transfer window.  It's madness.

Murray sold out for ?1, because Lloyds were unwilling to fund further shortfalls. He even went against the Independent Board he appointed, who recommended against selling to Whyte. Had Murray remained in situ in 2011, it would have been him who took the club into administration.  His empire was collapsing around him and his only exit plan was to ditch the club onto a spiv and dump his other companies' debts onto Lloyds.

You say the Big Tax Case was the biggest concern pre-Whyte.  HMRC had been actively sniffing around since 2005 and when they got hold of the side letters in 2007 the writing was on the wall.  What was Murray's response?  Like most other "self made millionaires" who profited by spending other peoples money, he went out and spent some more.  What if he had directed that extra spending into getting a settlement with HMRC? Not with ?10M, but maybe ?25M, the outcome could have been so different.  Murray's years at Ibrox saw cumulative losses of an eye watering ?147M, all funded by others (BoS, ENIC, JJB, & King's tax dodges),

I'll paint another scenario for you from 2011.  McCoist negotiates his way past Malmo and Rangers again gets access to CL money. There would have been no need to withhold taxes. It could have been Whyte who initiated an IPO and who knows what might have happened after that.

Like most Rangers fans who have flitted in and out of JKB in recent years, you appear to have very selective views and interpretation of events and "facts" you quote, which suits a particular narrative rather than see the whole picture.  I'd suggest that you read the accounts, tribunal and legal decisions in full, then you will be able to see the bigger picture more clearly.

FWIW, I hope that there are some guilty verdicts out of the forthcoming trials, but I fear that the typical Rangers fan's response will be that of the victim and the misdemeanours of the 12 years previous to 2011 will be airbrushed into history. If Rangers fans had been willing to listen to the advice of others both inside and outside the club, then it may have been possible to avoid being taken in by the spivs, but no, Murray, Whtye, Green and King were all lauded up the marble staircase.

very good post. Especially that last sentence. Says it like it is, and their current hero is just as dodgy, if not moreso, than the rest. Rangers fans love a charlatan...

AllyjamboDerbyshire

FF, I fear that very well put together, fairly concise, summation will contain too many words for anyone who hasn't previously grasped the reality of what happened to Rangers FC to be able to follow to the end, let alone understand! It is very difficult to read and understand anything with the constant sound of 'WATP' filling what little room there is in your head!

:thumbs_up:  :spoton:    :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Edited by Jamdub

FF's last post should be compulsory reading for journos and fans of all clubs.

It is an excellent post. Exceeds by far what most of the media has produced.

FF's last post should be compulsory reading for journos and fans of all clubs.

It should be taught in schools so as all the little orclings can get the real story before the media and their club blind them with lies and a selected narrative of history.

A candidate for post of the year FF, well done as usual.

Wonderful piece FF and as mentioned later on compulsory reading for if not all, but at least the non hard of thinking Rangers fans.

One point for another debate.

Even if Murray had settled for ?25m. Rangers would still have been lying and deliberately non-disclosing for 11 years - if not longer.

One point for another debate.

Even if Murray had settled for ?25m. Rangers would still have been lying and deliberately non-disclosing for 11 years - if not longer.

Exactly. This, to me, is the elephant in the room.

Where's the sanctions from our football authorities for this 11+ years of incorrectly registered players?

Has that received any mention at all from anyone in the SMSM?

Exactly. This, to me, is the elephant in the room.

Where's the sanctions from our football authorities for this 11+ years of incorrectly registered players?

Has that received any mention at all from anyone in the SMSM?

Well they have been punished for that ?250k + ?150k costs.

Although if Mr Bryson was heading up IAAF, Russians athletes wouldn't be suspended just now.

You are only cheating if caught in the act of cheating.

Did anyone of you see say Ben Johnson, take any drugs during the 9.79 seconds of the 1988 100m final?

Well they have been punished for that ?250k + ?150k costs.

Ah, okay. Is that it, though? No 'team flung out of cup for missing one signature' type punishment, then?

My surprise is underwhelming.

Would it be against copyright rules to post FF's summation and knock out blow on other social and media outlets. I'm sure the likes of Traynor and Wilson will choke on the fattening croissants they're munching on if they dared read someone else revelations of the past rather than the Blue nosed ballocks they get told to print.

Top stuff again from FF.

i wish jj was my dad

FF nails it.

I wonder why the authorities and MSM can't/wont report this?  

FF nails it.

I wonder why the authorities and MSM can't/wont report this?

The disservice the media have done Rangers fans is incredible. They've printed whatever the man at the top of the marble staircase has given then for going on 20 years now. A little bit of journalistic investigation and honesty and this mess could have been stopped. Instead in continues and escalates.

Here's one of my favourites from 2009.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/8327153.stm

Hindsight us a wonderful thing, our press should use it.

Edited by Dirty Deeds

Would it be against copyright rules to post FF's summation and knock out blow on other social and media outlets. I'm sure the likes of Traynor and Wilson will choke on the fattening croissants they're munching on if they dared read someone else revelations of the past rather than the Blue nosed ballocks they get told to print.

Top stuff again from FF.

It is a great post.

The disservice the media have done Rangers fans is incredible. They've printed whatever the man at the top of the marble staircase has given then for going on 20 years now. A little bit of journalistic investigation and honesty and this mess could have been stopped. Instead in continues and escalates.

Here's one of my favourites from 2009.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/8327153.stm

Hindsight us a wonderful thing, our press should use it.

It would be a waste of time, the smsm are not interested in the truth, merely getting their snout in the trough for more succulent lamb, this is what spiers told Alex Thomson a couple of years ago:

"Let Graham explain ? he was actually there, after all: ?Succulent lamb journalism means a culture ? and I hold my hand up here too ? a culture of sycophantic, unquestioning, puff journalism that went on around Rangers generally and Sir David Murray particularly.?

Of course you?ll see it to some degree across sport, across football. But it was, many Glasgow journalists say, more damaging here.

?Look,? says Graham Spiers, ?you are making a pact with the devil if you like. You get thrown the best scraps. You get something for the back page or whatever. But there?s a tacit deal. You don?t dig too deep. You don?t cause any trouble.?

It's from Alex Thomson's blog(he's a proper journalist and a very good one at channel 4) here -  http://blogs.channel4.com/alex-thomsons-view/succulent-lamb-menu-questions/1010 .

Theres also a very good summation(part 1) of the whole situation here - http://www.onfieldsofgreen.com/a-very-scottish-scandal-how-rangers-almost-wrecked-scottish-football-part-one/

Both of these are well worth a read if you are unclear about exactly what has went on, Alex Thomson has been talking about the rangers scandal for a few years.

Edited by Dutchmul

It is a great post.

It would be a waste of time, the smsm are not interested in the truth, merely getting their snout in the trough for more succulent lamb, this is what spiers told Alex Thomson a couple of years ago:

"Let Graham explain ? he was actually there, after all: ?Succulent lamb journalism means a culture ? and I hold my hand up here too ? a culture of sycophantic, unquestioning, puff journalism that went on around Rangers generally and Sir David Murray particularly.?

Of course you?ll see it to some degree across sport, across football. But it was, many Glasgow journalists say, more damaging here.

?Look,? says Graham Spiers, ?you are making a pact with the devil if you like. You get thrown the best scraps. You get something for the back page or whatever. But there?s a tacit deal. You don?t dig too deep. You don?t cause any trouble.?

It's from Alex Thomson's blog(he's a proper journalist and a very good one at channel 4) here - http://blogs.channel4.com/alex-thomsons-view/succulent-lamb-menu-questions/1010 .

Theres also a very good summation(part 1) of the whole situation here - http://www.onfieldsofgreen.com/a-very-scottish-scandal-how-rangers-almost-wrecked-scottish-football-part-one/

Both of these are well worth a read if you are unclear about exactly what has went on, Alex Thomson has been talking about the rangers scandal for a few years.

When it comes to Craig Whyte, Private Eye also did not follow the SMSM, and questioned his wealth, his past, and his motives.

Top stuff again from FF.

Should be copied and pasted to every "letters" section of every SMSM " sevco story"!

Douglas Park is back on  the board after leaving in March. Make of that what you will

'Mr Park became a Director after the General Meeting on March 6 but had to step down because of pressing business commitments.

However, he is now able to focus again on the affairs of the Club he and his family hold dear. When Mr Park left the Board in early August his place was taken by his son, Graeme, who remains in position.

Mr Park said: ?It is a privilege to be asked to become a Director of this Club and it was always my intention to return. I am confident the Club is on the correct path and I am delighted that I am now able to return and help take Rangers forward into what I believe will be a bright future for the Club and the supporters.?

Barney Rubble

Douglas Park is back on  the board after leaving in March. Make of that what you will

'Mr Park became a Director after the General Meeting on March 6 but had to step down because of pressing business commitments.

However, he is now able to focus again on the affairs of the Club he and his family hold dear. When Mr Park left the Board in early August his place was taken by his son, Graeme, who remains in position.

Mr Park said: ?It is a privilege to be asked to become a Director of this Club and it was always my intention to return. I am confident the Club is on the correct path and I am delighted that I am now able to return and help take Rangers forward into what I believe will be a bright future for the Club and the supporters.?

can only mean one thing , the glib and shameless one is on his way out!!

Superb post as always Footballfirst. If only our mainstream media had access to such illuminating information. Oh wait......!!! 

...a bit disco

"Welcome back Dougie. Any chance you could sub us a couple of million?"

Footballfirst

can only mean one thing , the glib and shameless one is on his way out!!

That may be possible and an interesting slant on the situation, but I wouldn't jump to that conclusion just yet.  It may be that he left for personal or business reasons which have now been resolved on concluded.  Alternatively it could be that he has been persuaded to part with further soft loans and has taken up a place on the Board to ensure that his interests are looked after, but given that his son was already on the board, I don't see the need.

"Welcome back Dougie. Any chance you could sub us a couple of million?"

Exactly what I was thinking. He probably feels he needs to be on the board alongside his son to protect his interests.

Glamorgan Jambo

Two Parks on the board - the question is why and the only certainty is that main stream journos like Jackson won't ask it.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic