The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

You're right, we need to ask why the press aren't going mental at this disrespect from a guy who was top of the game. Is this the attitude in the corridors of power? I think we all know the answer...

We can only hope that the SFA & the media are exposed for the scumbags that they really are in the forthcoming court cases.

The arrogance is astounding. He describes himself as "erudite" in a piece that totally contradicts any claim to erudition.

The idea that the "Rangers Celtic Celtic Rangers" cycle represents "competition", the claim that without them Scottish football would have the commercial; appeal of indoor bowls at Coatbridge ... there is every reason to believe that the same mind set still dominates within the Scottish football hierarchy.

Yet ... the clubs let it go on.

Because most fear that they'll not get thrown the scraps of lamb from the OF table.

As it's going to court, this would be classed as a bona fide dispute, so wouldn't automatically incur a sanction.

Not quite. It is not a bona fide dispute if Sevco are simply refusing to pay what is contractually due. It is not a bona fide dispute just because Sevco say it is.

In any event, the football authorities should be seeking clarification from Sevco and advising them that if the courts find that any defence they have is frivolous, the rule book will be thrown at them.

Obviously, I will not be holding my breath that the rules will every be applied properly or fairly where Sevco and their cheating predecessors are concerned.

Edited by Jambo66

Because most fear that they'll not get thrown the scraps of lamb from the OF table.

Too many old firm toadies in charge at many of the smaller clubs. However, there are signs that many clubs won't stand for their nonsense these days. Mike Ashley and his war with the SFA may just waken up people as to what has been going on for years. A complete clear out at Hampden is long overdue.

If Mitchell's writing skills are a guide then he clearly has no place, whatsoever, casting aspersions on the intellect of those who debate with him. He clearly got the job with the SPL because he was the applicant who demonstrated the highest levels of old firm sycophancy.

Why do you think, Roger, that the media showed little interest in the rest of us? Oh that would be because the Scottish media are rammed full of old firm sycophants just like yourself. It's a closed shop designed specifically to marginalize the rest of us.

One thing you can take to the bank - those in charge of the current versions of the same blazer wearing committees will view non old-firm clubs in exactly the same manner as this disrespectful *****.

We need a clear-out from top to bottom.

wish our club would come out with a statement; not about the whole sevco issue but about Mitchell's ridiculous comments; both in his blog and on the radio. Or do all the diddy clubs just accept their position

He totally contradicts himself by say he 'loved the demise of Rangers '. Then slags everyone else off for having dare have an opinion on whether they should be punished or not. I can't believe he once ran our game.

I see the Rangers Supporters Trust has lodged a complaint about Spencey with the independent press complaints people over his 'dishonest commentary'.

Sorry can't provide the twitter link from my tablet!

...a bit disco

I see the Rangers Supporters Trust has lodged a complaint about Spencey with the independent press complaints people over his 'dishonest commentary'.

The RST has submitted a complaint to the Independent Press Standards Organisation following a clear breach of Editors Code by Jim Spence.

Their motto? 'We don't do irony.

The Mighty Thor

Is Richard Wilson a sublime parody journalistic figure of some up and coming scottish comedian or is he just a *****?

alwaysthereinspirit

Time for Hearts and other so called big teams to step up together and get this fixed now. If we allow this to continue as is and Newco are promoted then we as fans are all screwed.

Let's see what 'dishonest commentary' Jim Spence has said/written and let's see the Rangers Supporters Trust made to swallow the truth.

Too many old firm toadies in charge at many of the smaller clubs. However, there are signs that many clubs won't stand for their nonsense these days. Mike Ashley and his war with the SFA may just waken up people as to what has been going on for years. A complete clear out at Hampden is long overdue.

Very long overdue.

This isn't only about Rangers, although they are the catalyst, this is about the very future of Scottish Football, if Rangers are allowed by the SFA to get away with playing improperly registered players for near enough a decade and nothing gets done about it whilst a 'Diddy Club' get thrown out of a cup for one player being improperly registered then it proves that Rangers can do as they please and the SFA will just let them do it.

If that were to happen we would just as well pack it in as there will never be anyway that the 'Diddy Clubs' will be allowed to prosper and challenge the duopoly of the OF.

Rangers already have the media in their back pocket, it is suspected that the SFA are as well, if the SFA sit back and do nothing it would only confirm what most people suspect, if that is allowed to happen then the game is finished in Scotland.

I suppose that is better than abusing his wife and children.

alwaysthereinspirit

Very long overdue.

This isn't only about Rangers, although they are the catalyst, this is about the very future of Scottish Football, if Rangers are allowed by the SFA to get away with playing improperly registered players for near enough a decade and nothing gets done about it whilst a 'Diddy Club' get thrown out of a cup for one player being improperly registered then it proves that Rangers can do as they please and the SFA will just let them do it.

If that were to happen we would just as well pack it in as there will never be anyway that the 'Diddy Clubs' will be allowed to prosper and challenge the duopoly of the OF.

Rangers already have the media in their back pocket, it is suspected that the SFA are as well, if the SFA sit back and do nothing it would only confirm what most people suspect, if that is allowed to happen then the game is finished in Scotland.

I for one will be done to a point. I plan my wifes game day schedule around Hearts schedule from 3000 miles away. That'll end for me. I'll still look for results but wont be going all out the same as I have for 46/47 years.

I wont be the only one.

Diadora Van Basten

He has already been cleared by the BBC.

The arrogance is astounding. He describes himself as "erudite" in a piece that totally contradicts any claim to erudition.

The idea that the "Rangers Celtic Celtic Rangers" cycle represents "competition", the claim that without them Scottish football would have the commercial; appeal of indoor bowls at Coatbridge ... there is every reason to believe that the same mind set still dominates within the Scottish football hierarchy.

Yet ... the clubs let it go on.

If I'm being honest I'd kinda forgotten about this guy which says a lot about either my memory or his contribution to Scottish Football. However he is just one more recruit to the "we must have Rangers and Celtic back brigade " conveniently forgetting that that their last encounter at youth level had to be played behind closed doors because of their previous little escapades. Does that what Scotland really needs or is it just the people who would financially gain from such encounters i.e the media who are desperate to resurrect this fixture?

There has been a lot of talk in the last few days of what is wrong with Scottish football at youth level, maybe they should cast their eyes a bit further but I'm afraid I'm not optimistic on that one.

...a bit disco

So who would have hired Roger Mitchell back in the day?

_38490633_robinson_mitchell150.jpg

Guest Bilel Mohsni

So David Murray is probably the correct answer? :lol:

Seriously though, if anyone at Hearts voted for him, then I'm glad they have long gone.

I've sent a couple of tweets:

@RichwilBBC RIchard I support a "diddy team", #Hearts. It seems Roger Mitchell thinks I'm wasting my time. Is that right ?

@RPMComo Roger - I support a "diddy team", #Hearts. It seems I'm wasting my time. Is that right ?

No response so far ...

Geoff Kilpatrick

This was the squeaky little nomark who hailed the 11-1 voting system, aka the Old Firm veto.

I'm not even that bothered. It just confirms what we knew anyway.

Can clubs not resign from the SPFL and SFA en masse? What would be lost? European football for a couple of years? Is that it?

Fat pigs at at a trough disgraceful human beings Its funny how the rats are coming out ,get the wankrs in court truth will out.Seemingly FIFA Are Childs play compared to the SFA Next 2 weeks will sort it seemingly rats are jumping ship

Can clubs not resign from the SPFL and SFA en masse? What would be lost? European football for a couple of years? Is that it?

I wouldn't be against that idea as I think the time has come for something drastic to happen, I think everybody is just fed up with it all as all the fans want is the rules to apply to one and all.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Why the **** did Robinson sign up to an 11-1 veto system? Same guy who led the infamous "gang of ten" in retaliation to a TV veto. How did it get to this stage. Idiots.

Edited by Bilel Mohsni

I wouldn't be against that idea as I think the time has come for something drastic to happen, I think everybody is just fed up with it all as all the fans want is the rules to apply to one and all.

It's a valid gut reaction. But how could clubs retain staff with no income? It would lead to the end of professional football in this country I'm afraid.

Francis Albert

It's a valid gut reaction. But how could clubs retain staff with no income? It would lead to the end of professional football in this country I'm afraid.

What would prevent clubs generating income in a breakaway league?  Of course if clubs had voted out the 11-1 rule when they had the chance a breakaway would not have been necessary.

Edited by Francis Albert

Football used to be amateur, of course. Just need to build it up again from scratch. The whole concept would be self publicising. Pretty unique in world football. Be amazing beyond showing up just how bad things were that the game went amateur (temporarily?)voluntarily because the old system was a sham. Naw?

The current set up is intolerable.

Edited by Riccarton3

Maybe clubs serve notice that they will resign from SPFL at the end of the current season.  If enough sign up to this move, it should be sufficient to enforce a shake up.

i wish jj was my dad

I forgot just how much I despised this little **** back in the day.  He must be really proud that he started the biggest downward trajectory in Scottish football history.

The upside is that his comments must be sending tremors around Hampdump because the current incumbents are every bit as bent as he was.

If the other clubs don't act upon this now then we deserve everything we get.

i wish jj was my dad

Why the **** did Robinson sign up to an 11-1 veto system? Same guy who led the infamous "gang of ten" in retaliation to a TV veto. How did it get to this stage. Idiots.

Because he was just another toady in the end.  Amazing what you can get someone to do for the price of a blazer. 

What would prevent clubs generating income in a breakaway league?  Of course if clubs had voted out the 11-1 rule when they had the chance a breakaway would not have been necessary.

I agree entirely about the 11 - 1 but I believe that the clubs signed an undertaking that they would need to give 2 years (iirc) notice of intention to leave. All clubs would need to act in concert and I just don't see that happening.

I agree entirely about the 11 - 1 but I believe that the clubs signed an undertaking that they would need to give 2 years (iirc) notice of intention to leave. All clubs would need to act in concert and I just don't see that happening.

The fans could do it en masse. The clubs can't survive without the fans. Yes, it's extreme but t has to be extreme to get away from this circus. How good would it feel even attempting this? Changing Scottish football. Who really has more power than the fans?

Edited by Riccarton3

The SFA and or the SPFL will have signed an undertaking to apply the rules of the game without fear or favour, if nothing is done about the improperly registered players Rangers used for a decade whilst a 'diddy club' gets punished then that's not applying their own rules, which would give all clubs ground to resign immediately without notice, so let the SFA/SPFL go to court let's see what they say about the application of their rules when it comes to the OF compared to the rest of us 'diddy clubs'.

The clubs have the power, they didn't see out a similar notice period when leaving the SFL to start the SPL either

Nice idea but fraught with difficulties.

No sponsorship, no TV money, no legitimacy without SFA backing so European football denied. Potential problems with entertainment licences. Clubs without FOH style funding could go to the wall very quickly. They would probably take the view - better a bent league rather than no league.

I think our best bet will be the current (and future) court cases which may drag the corruption into the sunlight and let real journos apply the pressure for real change and punishment for the reptiles who ruined our game.

Our clubs are at fault for all of this.

And even the lauded Turnbull Hutton to an extent.

As much as anyonee they have hidden behind 'it's up to the clubs / board discretion

They shouldn't have voted where to place Rangers.  They should have demanded that Regan/Doncaster/Longmuir call EGMs to propose a change to the rules that completely changed the criteria for league membership (e.g - disband 3 year accounts rule)

And as for King getting his FPP passed again, just have an EGM and do away with FPP.

Even just to show how riduculously complicit the football authorities are.

As a PS - Roger Mitchell would certainly pass as FPP.

F****** Pretentious P***k

N Lincs Jambo

No sponsorship, no TV money, no legitimacy without SFA backing so European football denied. Potential problems with entertainment licences. Clubs without FOH style funding could go to the wall very quickly. They would probably take the view - better a bent league rather than no league.

I think our best bet will be the current (and future) court cases which may drag the corruption into the sunlight and let real journos apply the pressure for real change and punishment for the reptiles who ruined our game.

See where you're coming from however:

"No sponsorship, no TV money, no legitimacy without SFA backing so European football denied." We survived (could say prospered) without sponsorship for the last 2-3 seasons. No TV money, well, that (like the sponsorship) we don't know yet. No legitimacy without the backing of a ******* organisation which has actively tried to help its 2 biggest clubs move to England?? Even if we had European football, when did a Scottish side outside the arse cheeks survive past August?

As to your best bet being the real journos, we all know they don't exist north of Hadrian's Wall so we are banking on English journos like Alex Thompson to save our game?? Nahh, bollox to it, I'll take the risk :)

You're making some really big assumptions.

Again, we've had a relatively recent example of clubs choosing to leave the league to form another, even though the league didn't want them to go. 

In the end, there was no notice period, there was none of that nonsense, the clubs got their way because they ARE football. The SPL was then seen as legitimate and there was no problem.

Do you honestly think that the SFA and SPFL will say "well let's just close the doors on professional football then" rather than go with the clubs' will?

No Clubs = No SFA or SPFL either.

Roger Mitchell, ex CEO of the SPL, has written a blog which backs up what he said on Sportsound last week.

Given that he was the SPL's top man, his willingness focus on only two clubs to the detriment of all others is shameful (but not surprising).

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/hate-convenient-help-forget-how-uncompetitive-you-really-mitchell

A pathetic individual still using that conceited transatlantic accent.

A former high office holder within Scottish football with an unwavering belief that all clubs exist for the old firm to pump to their mutual delectation.

Absolute cretin

Court rolls for tomorrow at CoS.

Whyte's letter before claim & M.Ashley fbf6ce58f254737f4d265d02dc71df54.jpgecef8fefaecfa39838b66238b73388ec.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ashley using Vlad's old lawyers there.

Is Richard Wilson a sublime parody journalistic figure of some up and coming scottish comedian or is he just a *****?

He's not too bad when writing about anything other than Rangers. Just can't help himself when he is.

Fort Vallance

My understanding is that the players contracts are registered with the SFA / SPFL. If they signed for a breakaway team they would be banned from playing in any registered league or association. I could be talking cack though.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic