The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

If Hearts had failed to properly register players then King would be shouting it from the rooftops. He's not.

Instead, he's trying to cloud the issue by talking about tax and debt, which means that he's running the shittest bluff in the history of world sport and nobody is falling for it (apart from Rangers fans).

We have also not been kind guilty of running a tax avoidance scheme illegally - making it tax evasion.

I said on here that the title stripping chat would be used to hit hearts with, and got streams of abuse, lo and behold, 2 days later it is being used to hit hearts with.

Why hearts fans are so obsessed with doing rangers down is a rather bizarre obsession.

:facepalm:

FFS

We now know what level we're dealing with when it comes to your posts if you read and believe the shite written in the daily ranger.

Streams of abuse Hahaha the only streams are streams of tears laughing at this kind of shite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Footballfirst

We have also not been kind guilty of running a tax avoidance scheme illegally - making it tax evasion.

No. There were no tribunals involved to make such a decision.  HMRC queried what Hearts were doing, after which the club finally admitted liability and agreed a settlement. 

if only we were playing sevco this weekend, the taunting would be up there with hibs relegation party."you only win when your cheating" would have a factually undisputed point.

loving this thread, where are those that wanted it closed, the pain of the huns and mini huns on here is a delight

No. There were no tribunals involved to make such a decision. HMRC queried what Hearts were doing, after which the club finally admitted liability and agreed a settlement.

The settlement was to pay the tax though, was it not, with charges and late payments waived, Quite a bit different from the EBT case. I would say, anyway.

Still not good, which is why I would not play the debt dodging card too much.

Edited by Paolo

Tiberius Stinkfinger

FFS

We now know what level we're dealing with when it comes to your posts if you read and believe the shite written in the daily ranger.

Streams of abuse Hahaha the only streams are streams of tears laughing at this kind of shite.

Excellent post.

Celtic statement is telling, the fact Lawwell allowed it would indicate he sees a case for the SFA to act. As he is one of those that held the emergency meeting then Rangers are in trouble.

This is going to spiral over the next couple of months with all the court cases.

Footballfirst

Celtic statement is telling, the fact Lawwell allowed it would indicate he sees a case for the SFA to act. As he is one of those that held the emergency meeting then Rangers are in trouble.

This is going to spiral over the next couple of months with all the court cases.

I think that the timing of Celtic?s statement today was, in part, to avoid any awkward or multiple questions coming up at the AGM next week and any adverse reporting of the fans reactions.  If anyone asks about it at the AGM, then they will simply be referred to today?s statement.

It's quite smart PR.

Can't disagree with anything in that. Successfully showing their neighbours how to make statements as well.

On a side note (not to be confused with a side letter), has anyone else got Rangers-supporting "friends" on social media sharing #EBTmemories?!

I can only presume this weird behaviour has originated from Follow Follow or somewhere similar, but I've got a normally-sensible-until-it-comes-to-football Hun sharing various past Rangers matches along with the hashtag.

I've seen this EBT memories stuff - I can see why the Sevconians think its funny. It's all about rubbing it in to the 'Tic. It's just the usual fitba bampottery.

It could quite easily end up being reversed on them - the one I saw was something like

"Nacho Novo used his EBT to score"

It could quite easily end up being "Nacho Novo used his EBT to score. He was later declared bankrupt for tax avoidance"

I have no doubt there will be role reversal on the outrage then...

Can someone please summarise what the latest is with everything going on with all the court cases and EBTs etc?

Not read through this thread for a while... thanks in advance

I P Knightley

and a sniper calmly sitting with his cross hairs on the chest of his.

Here was me thinking that they favoured the nail bomb...

The Real Maroonblood

FFS

Bravo.

Bazzas right boot

Almost every club is in debt or has been in debt.

King is talking absolute shite if he thinks he can strip any club that has been in debt.

There was no real pressure to strip titles as the first verdict found that Rangers acted in a legal way.

This has been reversed, Rangers acted in an illegal way, this is a whole different ball game to mis management and financial issues. 

Racking up debt is/ was not illegal, bad management, but you could argue that if the bank hadn't went into admin we wouldn't have. The bank triggered the whole thing for us, although I agree ?30m was ridiculous, but it wouldn't have mattered if it was ?3m or ?300m. 

Rangers have been found guilty of acting in a illegal manner, after originally it was deemed legal.  Actions must and should be taken by the SFA.

Rangers are a extremely huge painful boil on the generally inoffensive but not very pretty spot ridden hairy arse that is Scottish football.

It has been lanced once, but a different puss has taken it's place.

Time for permanent surgical removal so that we can all sit down and watch Friends in comfort.

i wish jj was my dad

As much as it pains me to say it, Celtic's statement is on the button.

If King has sufficiently pissed off the mhanks enough to jeopardise their old pals act then the GFA might not be able to sweep this one under the carpet.

Methinks a few office bearers will have sleepless nights ahead. 

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Almost every club is in debt or has been in debt.

King is talking absolute shite if he thinks he can strip any club that has been in debt.

There was no real pressure to strip titles as the first verdict found that Rangers acted in a legal way.

This has been reversed, Rangers acted in an illegal way, this is a whole different ball game to mis management and financial issues.

Racking up debt is/ was not illegal, bad management, but you could argue that if the bank hadn't went into admin we wouldn't have. The bank triggered the whole thing for us, although I agree ?30m was ridiculous, but it wouldn't have mattered if it was ?3m or ?300m.

Rangers have been found guilty of acting in a illegal manner, after originally it was deemed legal. Actions must and should be taken by the SFA.

Rangers broke SPL rules regardless of the verdict they should have had their title's erased from history. It doesn't matter what the courts or anyone else said.

Any club apart from Rangers would have had their honours stripped years ago.

Any.

Rangers have been found guilty of acting in a illegal manner, after originally it was deemed legal.  Actions must and should be taken by the SFA.

Action should be taken - however what specific reason do you think it should be for ? 

For me it is still about the registration of players and their deliberate hiding of side letters to avoid tax rather more than anything else. 

Geoff Kilpatrick

Action should be taken - however what specific reason do you think it should be for ?

For me it is still about the registration of players and their deliberate hiding of side letters to avoid tax rather more than anything else.

That's the only reason it can be for. Nothing will happen though. The SFA won't reopen LNS and the world will move on. The court cases offer new opportunities for amusement.

Getting away with ditching debt? I think we should avoid throwing these particular stones! Non disclosure, lying and cheating - fine

We don't have to throw any stones.It is the courts who decide.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Getting away with ditching debt? I think we should avoid throwing these particular stones! Non disclosure, lying and cheating - fine

We didn't ditch debt in the way they did. To suggest that is to get bogged down in the moral swamp folk like those at the Record want us to. We offered a deal to those we owed money - they accepted but were entitled to reject our offer. Rangers' offer was rejected and the people they owe money to are still pursuing it, as is their right.

The circumstances around the debt are crucial also. If I owe my mum ?5000 and I bump her, things could get very awkward between is but that's probably about as bad as it would get. If my mate owes ?5000 in traffic fines and bumps it, he's going to jail. Same debt, same moral decision, wildly different outcomes we were both well aware of at every stage.

Zeefuik the H*bs!!

Rangers are a extremely huge painful boil on the generally inoffensive but not very pretty spot ridden hairy arse that is Scottish football.

It has been lanced once, but a different puss has taken it's place.

Time for permanent surgical removal so that we can all sit down and watch Friends in comfort.

I've heard the ice cream analogy (buy a 99, drop it,it melts,buy another one....you've got a 99 yes,but it's not the same one) or the one about Granny dying and another old dear moves into her house,same address,same wallpaper,same carpet...but she's not Granny. But to put it that RFC and The RiFC are different pusses in the same boil is bang on!! 

They let their club die.

Edited by Zeefuik the H*bs!!

I think that the timing of Celtic?s statement today was, in part, to avoid any awkward or multiple questions coming up at the AGM next week and any adverse reporting of the fans reactions. If anyone asks about it at the AGM, then they will simply be referred to today?s statement.

It's quite smart PR.

This is also a fight Lawwell has no downside in fighting, this is Oldco not Newco we are taking about and stripping titles will not hurt or delay these two bum cheeks from getting back together.

Its a win win for him he can been seen to fight for integrity without hitting the back pocket and stiff one over Rangers at the same time.

We didn't ditch debt in the way they did. To suggest that is to get bogged down in the moral swamp folk like those at the Record want us to. We offered a deal to those we owed money - they accepted but were entitled to reject our offer. Rangers' offer was rejected and the people they owe money to are still pursuing it, as is their right.

The circumstances around the debt are crucial also. If I owe my mum ?5000 and I bump her, things could get very awkward between is but that's probably about as bad as it would get. If my mate owes ?5000 in traffic fines and bumps it, he's going to jail. Same debt, same moral decision, wildly different outcomes we were both well aware of at every stage.

Of course the circumstances were totally different. But concentrating on burning debt plays into the hands of the orcs who are too thick to differentiate between the different narratives.

Much better to remind them of lying, shredding and not properly registering their players.

I've heard the ice cream analogy (buy a 99, drop it,it melts,buy another one....you've got a 99 yes,but it's not the same one) or the one about Granny dying and another old dear moves into her house,same address,same wallpaper,same carpet...but she's not Granny. But to put it that RFC and The RiFC are different pusses in the same boil is bang on!! 

They let their club die.

When Woolworths went bust, there was a woman who bought her local store and opened it up again calling it "Wellworths".

You can go into it and buy some pick N mix; some of the customers have probably been shopping into the same premises for most of lives but it's not Woolworths.

Woolworths died

Rangers FC died.

For me i feel cheated Der hun played players they normally could not afford ( as they are now ) i paid to watch my team Heart of Midlothian who were playing by the rules, the cheating hun robbed me and my other supporters of emotional times.

I Hate to say it but Celtic have said what we all think but do not want to say, its time we all spoke up cheats get their reward tainted titles stripped from the record i back Celtic on this one.

Geoff Kilpatrick

For me i feel cheated Der hun played players they normally could not afford ( as they are now ) i paid to watch my team Heart of Midlothian who were playing by the rules, the cheating hun robbed me and my other supporters of emotional times.

I Hate to say it but Celtic have said what we all think but do not want to say, its time we all spoke up cheats get their reward tainted titles stripped from the record i back Celtic on this one.

I felt more cheated by officials during the EBT era than by anything the old Rangers fielded in their line-up.

You're bang on here. I'm uneasy with some of the moral high ground we take at times.Non disclosure is a big issue and the behaviour of King this week is appalling.

We must not forget that we walked away from an industrial quantity of debt we couldn't service let alone repay.

You're bang on here. I'm uneasy with some of the moral high ground we take at times.Non disclosure is a big issue and the behaviour of King this week is appalling.

We must not forget that we walked away from an industrial quantity of debt we couldn't service let alone repay.

Who's forgetting like? And what relevance does that have to the question of rangers' cheating?

Unfortunate to see some of our own supporters starting to fall in to the trap of believing the self preserving spin which is appearing in the media in a desperate bid to pass the blame and save The Rangers again.

Don't fall in to the trap. Our situation and their situation are in no way comparable.

When Woolworths went bust, there was a woman who bought her local store and opened it up again calling it "Wellworths".

You can go into it and buy some pick N mix; some of the customers have probably been shopping into the same premises for most of lives but it's not Woolworths.

Woolworths died

Rangers FC died.

Aye, but, if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck....

Zeefuik the H*bs!!

Aye, but, if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck....

you could easily be mistaken for thinking its a duck?

I felt more cheated by officials during the EBT era than by anything the old Rangers fielded in their line-up.

Pretty much how I feel, this whole episode must show that the people running our game turned a blind eye to all that was going on at Rangers. Not that interested in titles being stripped as Rangers have other problems which will either at best kill them off completely or plague them for years at worst. Time for massive change to our game at the top and get proper administators in who will act and make decisions based on what's good for all member clubs.

...a bit disco

fictional_characters_9.jpg

I'd say it could well be a duck, but there might be a dead duck lying close by...

Zeefuik the H*bs!!

fictional_characters_9.jpg

:indeed:

Edited by Zeefuik the H*bs!!

They let their club die.

My favourite one I read on here way back

If I go to a charity shop and buy a bunch of old war medals, it doesn't make me a war hero

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

What really gets me annoyed is that we paid wages, well over what we could afford and got ourselves into almost terminal levels of debt and why?

To try and compete with a team that had the game rigged, were illegally registering players and paying them in bungs that illegally circumvented tax laws

What really gets me annoyed is that we paid wages, well over what we could afford and got ourselves into almost terminal levels of debt and why?

To try and compete with a team that had the game rigged, were illegally registering players and paying them in bungs that illegally circumvented tax laws

Which makes us, and the rest of Scottish Football, a casualty not the perpetrator.

Is there any news on Greens court case? Just catching up.

Not aware of any. Was mentioned on here that it might take a couple of weeks.

Not aware of any. Was mentioned on here that it might take a couple of weeks.

Thanks for update, I wonder how many [Mod Edit] ups they will have until then.

TriggersBroom

Rangers should never have went into administration. Whyte put Rangers into administration deliberately, and then the corruption of Duff and Phelps meant Rangers were never going to achieve a CVA anyway. This is all still subject to a criminal investigation. But my point being is that there is absolutely no comparison between the Hearts and Rangers situations. 

Geoff Kilpatrick

Rangers should never have went into administration. Whyte put Rangers into administration deliberately, and then the corruption of Duff and Phelps meant Rangers were never going to achieve a CVA anyway. This is all still subject to a criminal investigation. But my point being is that there is absolutely no comparison between the Hearts and Rangers situations.

Rangers were facing winding up orders over the wee tax case and unpaid VAT. They also had a deficit of expenditure over revenue of ?10m. Without a credit line administration was inevitable.

Welcome back Traynor, I mean Trigger :)

BBC Scotland continue to perpetuate the lie that Newco is a Phoenix company that has history before 2012.

The piece on Celtic's view on Ranger's use of EBTs opens with the following sentence:

"Last week, Revenue and Customs won a judgement that Rangers' former parent company's use of employee benefit trusts from 2001-2010 broke tax rules."

Former parent company???

Rangers were facing winding up orders over the wee tax case and unpaid VAT. They also had a deficit of expenditure over revenue of ?10m. Without a credit line administration was inevitable.

Not forgetting, subject to appral of course, they have just been hit with a 70odd million tax bill.

What's Hector's repayment terms?

18 months? 24 at most.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic