The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Hackney Hearts

My understanding is that the players contracts are registered with the SFA / SPFL. If they signed for a breakaway team they would be banned from playing in any registered league or association.

My understanding is that the registration of players' contracts is apparently a bit of a grey area.

My understanding is that the registration of players' contracts is apparently a bit of a grey area.

Not at all. There are 2 sets of rules. One set is secret and only applies to 2 teams. The other set applies to everyone else and this set is both published and very clear.

My understanding is that the players contracts are registered with the SFA / SPFL. If they signed for a breakaway team they would be banned from playing in any registered league or association. I could be talking cack though.

As I said above, the rules will be waived if necessary.

When the clubs resigned from the SFL to start the SPL, they didn't give the required notice, and the SFL didn't want them to leave, but they did anyway and legitimacy from the SFL and SFA followed soon after.

The options are;

Accept what the clubs are doing and work with it

Not accept what the clubs are doing and kill professional football, their jobs included, in Scotland

Hackney Hearts

Not at all. There are 2 sets of rules. One set is secret and only applies to 2 teams. The other set applies to everyone else and this set is both published and very clear.

Oh I see - thanks for clearing that up! I knew there'd be a common sense system involved somewhere.

Court rolls for tomorrow at CoS.

Whyte's letter before claim & M.Ashley fbf6ce58f254737f4d265d02dc71df54.jpgecef8fefaecfa39838b66238b73388ec.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Any updates on the go or is anyone attending these proceedings?

Son Of Anarchy

Its time for all fans of all clubs to get together and make a stand. All fans must put pressure on their own club to work out what we can and should do next.

this should be above the door at the gfa head office at hampden

Hackney Hearts

Funny comment on that petition!

From Alan Hart (good name) in Edinburgh:

I would happily sign the petition if the name Heart of Midlothian FC was included beside Rangers. 

They were also guilty of tax fraud, unfair advantage and improper registration of players. 

Its a strange call for justice if it were only to apply to one cheating Club.

Wonder if that is Alan Hart son of former Hibs owner Tom Hart.

Maybe a family member anyway.

Knew him when I was young Hibs xxxx.

Bazzas right boot

Time for a bigger movement against the of.

Hearts, Aberdeen. Utd, Dundee, hibs have all shown a back bone against them at boardroom level. Teams would follow us.

The sfa are so useless and corrupt it makes fifa look well run.

They need us, a two year league would become boring, quickly.

What would prevent clubs generating income in a breakaway league? Of course if clubs had voted out the 11-1 rule when they had the chance a breakaway would not have been necessary.

Clubs would only be allowed to play association football under the auspices of the SFA, who are responsible for its running in this country - so quitting the SFA, means quitting association football, a step too far for many I suspect.

If the majority of Clubs are genuinely unhappy with the running of the SPFL and the SFA, why don't they propose and vote through changes to people and processes to improve things..?

Or could it be that enough clubs / club chairmen are happy with the status quo, and a chance for them to become part of the Blazerati..?

Clubs would only be allowed to play association football under the auspices of the SFA, who are responsible for its running in this country - so quitting the SFA, means quitting association football, a step too far for many I suspect.

If the majority of Clubs are genuinely unhappy with the running of the SPFL and the SFA, why don't they propose and vote through changes to people and processes to improve things..?

Or could it be that enough clubs / club chairmen are happy with the status quo, and a chance for them to become part of the Blazerati..?

A rival association could quite easily be set up.  OK, it wouldn't be FIFA sanctioned, but the SFA without the clubs would be pointless.

Football would still exist - the SFA couldn't say "oi, stop it!  You can't play there".

Id imagine the other cheek of the OF Duo wouldn't be too fussed about the rule changes that would help the rest of the clubs. Wonder if the current clubs in the SPFL Premiership set up there own league, would the SFA hold onto the OF and then just move all the rest of the Diddy Teams up accordingly, fresh diddy's as it where.

A rival association could quite easily be set up.  OK, it wouldn't be FIFA sanctioned, but the SFA without the clubs would be pointless.

Football would still exist - the SFA couldn't say "oi, stop it!  You can't play there".

Even if all the SPFL clubs resigned there would still be dozens, even hundreds of SFA affiliated clubs. 

Best option for me is reform from within the existing structures. First thing being get rid of Reagan, Doncaster and Ogilvie, to name just three!

Id imagine the other cheek of the OF Duo wouldn't be too fussed about the rule changes that would help the rest of the clubs. Wonder if the current clubs in the SPFL Premiership set up there own league, would the SFA hold onto the OF and then just move all the rest of the Diddy Teams up accordingly, fresh diddy's as it where.

Makes no sense, the SFA don't decide which teams play in which leagues. 

Seymour M Hersh

ha ha ha I can almost taste this lads pain

Fantastic

Could he have slavered a bigger pile of pish if he'd tried?

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

Ok ignore the SFA part, I'd assume that it would be the SPFL then. Everybody else bar the OF ****s off and then they just move the rest of the teams up. Its clear that our game are only interested in the OF, they only way it would work if Celtic came along too.

King Of The Cat Cafe

A rival association could quite easily be set up. OK, it wouldn't be FIFA sanctioned, but the SFA without the clubs would be pointless.

Football would still exist - the SFA couldn't say "oi, stop it! You can't play there".

So, if a rival association was not FIFA sanctioned, that would mean that a Scotland national team would not be able to play in the World Cup or European Championships.

No change there, then. :(

Edited by King Of The Cat Cafe

They tried there damndest to have a split new club playing in the top flight back in 2012. 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Wonder if that is Alan Hart son of former Hibs owner Tom Hart.

Maybe a family member anyway.

Knew him when I was young Hibs xxxx.

That hart owned oldco hibs, didn't they? Not the newco Farmer owns? Edited by Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Ok ignore the SFA part, I'd assume that it would be the SPFL then. Everybody else bar the OF ****s off and then they just move the rest of the teams up. Its clear that our game are only interested in the OF, they only way it would work if Celtic came along too.

Not at all. Say all the other SPL clubs decided to quit the league along with,say, a good number from the Championship and leagues 1 & 2, would Celtic and Sevco be happy playing at places like Stenny, Annan or Berwick?  No chance. Bear in mind, also, the lack of 'SPL facilities' at most of the 1st and 2nd division grounds.

Diadora Van Basten

Even if all the SPFL clubs resigned there would still be dozens, even hundreds of SFA affiliated clubs.

Best option for me is reform from within the existing structures. First thing being get rid of Reagan, Doncaster and Ogilvie, to name just three!

your right until we get rid of these muppets (think Ogilvie has already gone) then nothing will change.

Not true, the sfa are bound by the same laws as everyone else, they will be exposed in the multiple court cases coming up, nowhere to hide when you are in a court of law and asked direct questions, whether the information that comes out in these court cases is actually used to hold individuals and organisations to account is a different matter but they wont be able to hide what they have done over the last 3 and half years in relation to sevco and rangers.

The case that ashley has brought requesting a judicial review of the king fit and proper decision will be particularly interesting.

One other thing to take into consideration re the sfa, they are in receipt of public money from the scottish government, if corruption/rule bending/breaking is confirmed, the scottish parliament may well get involved.

And where are the majority of support for this Govt. Strathclyde and west coast. Be interesting to see how they deal with this if your

assertion is proved right. Then we will see some Spin.

Every league club should have a representative elected to stand on a board of a new league. That elected person should be elected by vote from supporters, those with season tickets for the club have the right to vote a representative from the club. This would give 42 representatives on a board. This board could debate everything from grassroots level to National level including TV deals and sponsorship. Get rid of this crazy 11-1 voting system bring in a better fairer way of voting

We need shot of everyone at the SFA and SPFL, a complete clear out. Start again from scratch, forget about the national team reaching any finals for maybe 10 years if they do great but dont' be setting our stall out simply to make that our goal right away. We need to develop a system in this country that will work, and it can be done just look at Belgium, Denmark, Switzerland, Rep. Ireland. Norway, Croatia. All countries with around the same population sizes give or take. Plus we have a lot of migrants coming to live here, many of whom are probably very good footballers they need to be encouraged and brought into the sport.

I think it would be good to invest in either one or two national football centres. Where kids at a certain age are selected and given the oppertunity to attend. But these centres have to be focussed they need to be schooling centres where the kids go and board they do their school work and when not at the school they are training and learning the game from tactics to actual playing, learning about nutrition how to look after themselves etc. These centres have to be open to every child to have the chance to attend. Even those from poorer backgrounds, there could be grants or sponsorships available to help pay. 

I think the league setup is wrong and needs overhauling, we should be looking at non league clubs and junior clubs and developing a pyramid system for league entry. The top league should be 16 or 18 teams playing each other twice a season. NO SPLITS. Playoffs for promotion and relegation. The league cup format completely changed and made more appealing. If we have a 16 team league playing each other twice a season it gives us a season of 30 games. We can introduce a league format to the league cup, regional leagues to begin with with the winners of each regional league going through to knock outs and depending how many games it involves maybe making the knockouts 2 legs until the semi final and final. Give a European spot to the winners of the League cup as well. 

I also think we need to be looking at summer football. If its a year where theres a world cup or euro championships then its only 3 weeks shut down of the league and will happen every two years. Summer football is a must IMO. 

The branding and whole dynamics of our game needs changing and this will attract investment which in turn allows for better spread of wealth and more of it to invest in our game.

Lets get into an upward spiral making our game better through change and more investment and get out of this downward spiral our game has been on for 20+ years

No news as of yet..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is there an expectation that we'll hear something from today's proceedings as they go, or only the final outcome..?

KS&P Insolvency  - tweet retweeted by The Offshore Game

Fans of Rangers saw the club go into liquidation following the tax risks taken by their board (and financial secrecy remains a major issue, with a major court case facing many of these involved in the new company?s establishment).

Fans of other clubs have seen the outcome of their major competitions distorted, at best, by tax manipulation over the best part of a decade - and the apparent failure of Scottish football authorities to respond appropriately.

This is, in our view, the real problem with clubs playing the offshore game: football ends up being the loser, and with it the fans.

I'd let Oldco keep their titles, it really doesn't bother me. They tried to exploit a dodgy loophole to buy success, discovered the loophole was possibly illegal leading to a large tax bill, fell behind with other tax bills and couldn't be rescued as a going concern. They are no more, Rangers are dead.

But that means Sevco have no history, other than the 2nd and 1st division titles since they were founded to replace the previous incarnation that died.

They can't have it both ways.

There was a hell of a lot more (and a lot worse) to what they did than that.

Incredible that there are actually people who believe this crap.

Failing to pay your tax bills because you have run out of money is not 'tax fraud'.

What 'unfair advantage' did we gain exactly? If he means spending money we didn't really have, so has every other SPL side.

No idea what he means by 'improper registrations'. All the players loaned to us from Kaunas was weird, no question, but nobody has ever claimed it contravened the rules. You can bet your bottom dollar the SFA would have put a stop to it if they could have found a rule we were breaking.

Footballfirst

I think today's petitions on behalf of  MASH and Mike Ashley will have been purely procedural, with both parties formally registering the motions and the opposition to them.

The two petitions were listed among the "unstarred motions".  Today may have been day 4 in the timetable below.

Timelines for Unstarred Motions
By 5pm end of day 1 The motion is intimated to all parties within the action.
By 5pm end of day 3 Any party within the action will intimate their opposition to the party enrolling the motion.
By 12.30pm day 4 The motion and opposition (if opposed) is enrolled with Court Motions Team.

The other action involving TRFCG and BDO would have been the judgement on Whyte's old holding company's claim of a floating charge over the BDO creditors pot. I would expect that the claim will have been thrown out.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Tax fraud, unfair advantage, improper registration of players?

Well he was close at least, zero out of three ain't bad! :rofl:

Hackney Hearts

Interesting ongoing conversation from Roger "Move On" Mitchell in the comments section of his recent LinkedIn blog. Here's his latest reply re what a really really hard job it is running a football league and why it's too difficult to sanction Rangers:

Rob. I think I too much valour and not enough discretion.

Eg I tried to insist on presenting the trophy to Celtic on last home game. As per rules. Clubs outvoted me. Walk to the ground that day was fun!

I also got reprimanded for "horse trading" in trying to get 11-1 vote on anything. By quid pro quo.

Or on drug policy after the st Johnstone player. I got accused internally for speaking without an agreed mandate.

So guys like Doncaster are forced to hold a party line that they don't necessarily believe in. It's tough to lead and survive. Don't be so quick to criticise them till you've tasted the sawdust of that stage yourself. It's a lose lose job. They liquidated. And no one saved them alla Fergus because of the huge contingent liability of EBTs. EBTs brought them down. I'm just now wiser and have more "discretion"

Link: https://www.linkedin...really-mitchell

Interesting ongoing conversation from Roger "Move On" Mitchell in the comments section of his recent LinkedIn blog. Here's his latest reply re what a really really hard job it is running a football league and why it's too difficult to sanction Rangers:

Link: https://www.linkedin...really-mitchell

It's just gibberish nonsense..! :blink:

Hackney Hearts

It's just gibberish nonsense..! :blink:

Indeed. That's what I meant by 'interesting' - he appears to be openly admitting that he was out of his depth and totally unfit to be in charge of the SPL. Pity he didn't own up sooner!

Every league club should have a representative elected to stand on a board of a new league. That elected person should be elected by vote from supporters, those with season tickets for the club have the right to vote a representative from the club. This would give 42 representatives on a board. This board could debate everything from grassroots level to National level including TV deals and sponsorship. Get rid of this crazy 11-1 voting system bring in a better fairer way of voting

We need shot of everyone at the SFA and SPFL, a complete clear out. Start again from scratch, forget about the national team reaching any finals for maybe 10 years if they do great but dont' be setting our stall out simply to make that our goal right away. We need to develop a system in this country that will work, and it can be done just look at Belgium, Denmark, Switzerland, Rep. Ireland. Norway, Croatia. All countries with around the same population sizes give or take. Plus we have a lot of migrants coming to live here, many of whom are probably very good footballers they need to be encouraged and brought into the sport.

I think it would be good to invest in either one or two national football centres. Where kids at a certain age are selected and given the oppertunity to attend. But these centres have to be focussed they need to be schooling centres where the kids go and board they do their school work and when not at the school they are training and learning the game from tactics to actual playing, learning about nutrition how to look after themselves etc. These centres have to be open to every child to have the chance to attend. Even those from poorer backgrounds, there could be grants or sponsorships available to help pay. 

I think the league setup is wrong and needs overhauling, we should be looking at non league clubs and junior clubs and developing a pyramid system for league entry. The top league should be 16 or 18 teams playing each other twice a season. NO SPLITS. Playoffs for promotion and relegation. The league cup format completely changed and made more appealing. If we have a 16 team league playing each other twice a season it gives us a season of 30 games. We can introduce a league format to the league cup, regional leagues to begin with with the winners of each regional league going through to knock outs and depending how many games it involves maybe making the knockouts 2 legs until the semi final and final. Give a European spot to the winners of the League cup as well. 

I also think we need to be looking at summer football. If its a year where theres a world cup or euro championships then its only 3 weeks shut down of the league and will happen every two years. Summer football is a must IMO. 

The branding and whole dynamics of our game needs changing and this will attract investment which in turn allows for better spread of wealth and more of it to invest in our game.

Lets get into an upward spiral making our game better through change and more investment and get out of this downward spiral our game has been on for 20+ years

Absolutely agree with nearly all of this apart from summer football. However we should start the league season in July and have a winter break. I particularly think that a 16 team top league with the bottom 2 automatically relegated and 3rd & 4th bottom playing off against the 2nd tier clubs.

Devil's advocate here... When would the winter break take place? Mid Dec - mid- Jan ? Or January ? Or mid Jan- mid - mid Feb ? Or would it be a 8 week break?

A change in the voting system is a huge issue... Especially if gate sharing was put on the agenda

I doubt many teams would vote for that.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic