The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Yes, this bit I don't get. BDO will need creditor approval ( I think) to appeal-but the biggest creditor even ignoring the Big Tax Case, is still HMRC.( I think). Slight conflict.

BDO would need to seek and get the approval of the creditors before they could appeal the CoS decision, this is done by sending out voting papers and following the time scale which is set by law. 

As far as I know BDO have until December to lodge an appeal, well I don't think they have the time to organise and take a vote on the question of whether to pursue an appeal or not.

But of course our esteemed media will know this as well, but have chosen not to mention this little detail.

HMRC would have a vote as well, so I think we all know which way they would vote.

Just seen daily record article saying about title stripping and a Hearts especially should be worried as we'd have 2scottish cups taken away. What has ebt's and not paying taxes to do with us ?

Smoke and mirrors, smoke and mirrors.

Just trying to muddy the waters, the sad thing is the orcs will fall for it.

Smoke and mirrors, smoke and mirrors.

Just trying to muddy the waters, the sad thing is the orcs will fall for it.

So, are they saying that a club that enters admin, and, along the way removes a tax liability, should forfeit titles?? How far back do you go? Maybe all the way to when minty took over?? That's kinda what they are saying about hearts/vlad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BDO would need to seek and get the approval of the creditors before they could appeal the CoS decision, this is done by sending out voting papers and following the time scale which is set by law. 

As far as I know BDO have until December to lodge an appeal, well I don't think they have the time to organise and take a vote on the question of whether to pursue an appeal or not.

But of course our esteemed media will know this as well, but have chosen not to mention this little detail.

HMRC would have a vote as well, so I think we all know which way they would vote.

Thanks

Just seen daily record article saying about title stripping and a Hearts especially should be worried as we'd have 2scottish cups taken away. What has ebt's and not paying taxes to do with us ?

These crackpots will say anything to defect from Sevco. The Record is now little more than a comic.

The People's Chimp

I said on here that the title stripping chat would be used to hit hearts with, and got streams of abuse, lo and behold, 2 days later it is being used to hit hearts with. 

Why hearts fans are so obsessed with doing rangers down is a rather bizarre obsession. 

Walter Bishop

I'm sure that was a blog written by a fan who in his last blog compared Jason Holt to Andres Iniesta. 

Did they say which players we had not registered correctly?

The 2 SCs we won between 2007 and 2009 are at risk fir the tax bill we ended up not paying. Edited by DETTY29

I'm sure that was a blog written by a fan who in his last blog compared Jason Holt to Andres Iniesta.

I'd Holt going bald as well?

I said on here that the title stripping chat would be used to hit hearts with, and got streams of abuse, lo and behold, 2 days later it is being used to hit hearts with. 

Why hearts fans are so obsessed with doing rangers down is a rather bizarre obsession. 

Because they cheated, went down the shitter, re-emerged with help of the authorities who tried to shoehorn them back in at the top.  No contrition was shown, no thanks, nothing but a sense of self entitlement.

But I also suspect had this been any other team, the sentiment would be the same if the actions taken were the same.

All about seeing justice served, I guess.

The Record can spout its nonsense all it likes, doesn't mean it's true.  

I P Knightley

Yes, this bit I don't get. BDO will need creditor approval ( I think) to appeal-but the biggest creditor even ignoring the Big Tax Case, is still HMRC.( I think). Slight conflict.

In SFA-world, there's no conflict to be seen here at all.

The 2 SCs we won between 2007 and 2009 are at risk.

Due to which players being registered incorrectly?

They just don't get it, it's not that they didn't pay a tax bill. It's that they illegally registered players while using a perfectly legal system to make illegal payments to the players they illegally registered

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I P Knightley

In the same way that the pig fraternity collectively enjoyed BB Wolf landing in the boiling casserole pot, I suppose.

"obsession", though, you say? Hmmm.

BDO would need to seek and get the approval of the creditors before they could appeal the CoS decision, this is done by sending out voting papers and following the time scale which is set by law.

I think they have until the date in December to seek leave to appeal. Unsure how long after that they'd have to actually make the appeal.

Edited by tweegy

So, are they saying that a club that enters admin, and, along the way removes a tax liability, should forfeit titles?? How far back do you go? Maybe all the way to when minty took over?? That's kinda what they are saying about hearts/vlad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's the way it sounds like, conveniently forgetting the fact that Hibs had multiple loan players which they couldn't afford either but let's not let facts get in the way of deflection and scaremongering.

The Daily Ranger is desperately trying every trick to deflect attention away from their darlings.

It is not being used to hit Hearts and never will be. Just because some daft hun in the daily ranger writes some garbage does not impact real football fans in wanting justice to be done 

I think they have until the date in December to seek leave to appeal. Unsure how long after that they'd have to actually make the appeal.

It could be that.

Either way If I know that the creditors need to be asked and vote on whether to appeal or not, then so does the media, so why not mention this?

It's just misinformation, incomplete information and down right lies with then just now, which is good as it means even the media are worried.

Due to which players being registered incorrectly?

Due to straw clutching (threats) by the press and trying to put pressure on all clubs not to re-open LNS.

There is no accusation let alone evidence of us mis-registering players, lying to HMRC or deliberately withholding documents from the football authorities as Rangers have.

We have been sanctioned in line with the rules for our misendeavours.

Killie, Utd, Hibs, Partick havent for their financial mismanagement because they broke no rules.

Ps - we didnt win any trophies during our tax assessment years. Although dependent on financial year ends, 2007 may take in part of season 2005-2006.

Edited by DETTY29

Rangers cheating has gone back so long the result of the battle of the Boyne is now under scrutiny!

Well Hugh Adam claimed stuff was going on long before.

As a PS I read something that press members were given EBTs by Rangers and the BBC have the list.

Rangers cheating has gone back so long the result of the battle of the Boyne is now under scrutiny!

But you are right though, Rangers have had an unfair advantage since the late 80's if you include the soft loans from the Bank of Scotland and the undue pressure exerted by the same Bank on everybody else to sell to Rangers at relatively cheap transfer fees.   

But you are right though, Rangers have had an unfair advantage since the late 80's if you include the soft loans from the Bank of Scotland and the undue pressure exerted by the same Bank on everybody else to sell to Rangers at relatively cheap transfer fees.

With all due respect that doesn't matter. It's not against the rules and once the loans stop and you can't pay up there are football sanctions.

The moral / sporting integrity bandwagon is clouding the real issues and allowing Rangers and their press lackies a free-ish ride to fight back and threaten others despite not breaking the rules to an extent award if trophies came in to doubt.

As a PS I read something that press members were given EBTs by Rangers and the BBC have the list.

This is a question that Tam Cowan and Stuart Cosgrove put to Graham Speirs when he was on "Off the Ball", it had Speirs on the back foot a wee bit I thought.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Interesting. Wouldn't surprise me if that was the big news folk were talking about earlier. Also wouldn't be remotely surprised to see men besides CO who have held or hold high positions in Scottish fitba caught up too.

john brownlee

Interesting. Wouldn't surprise me if that was the big news folk were talking about earlier. Also wouldn't be remotely surprised to see men besides CO who have held or hold high positions in Scottish fitba caught up too.

So what some could be saying is that the MSM , BBC, STV the Rangers care in some kind of cohorts, well I never, knock me down with a feather

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

With all due respect that doesn't matter. It's not against the rules and once the loans stop and you can't pay up there are football sanctions.

The moral / sporting integrity bandwagon is clouding the real issues and allowing Rangers and their press lackies a free-ish ride to fight back and threaten others despite not breaking the rules to an extent award if trophies came in to doubt.

Of course it wasn't against the rules, I was merely saying that they have had an advantage over everybody else via a very friendly bank manager over a number of years. 

Celtic make a statement.

IN response to considerable interest from supporters, shareholders and media representatives in recent days, Celtic today made the following statement:

?We are aware of last week?s Court of Session ruling, which we note is subject to potential appeal.

?Celtic?s position on this issue is consistent ? that this remains a matter for the courts of law and also the Scottish football authorities whose rules are intended to uphold sporting integrity.

?In 2013, we expressed surprise ? shared by many observers and supporters of the game - over the findings of the SPL Commission that no competitive or sporting advantage had resulted. That remains our view."

Edited by Australis......

...a bit disco

Celtic make a statement.

IN response to considerable interest from supporters, shareholders and media representatives in recent days, Celtic today made the following statement:

?We are aware of last week?s Court of Session ruling, which we note is subject to potential appeal.

?Celtic?s position on this issue is consistent ? that this remains a matter for the courts of law and also the Scottish football authorities whose rules are intended to uphold sporting integrity.

?In 2013, we expressed surprise ? shared by many observers and supporters of the game - over the findings of the SPL Commission that no competitive or sporting advantage had resulted. That remains our view."

Short and to the point from the lovers of all things paramilitary.

Hackney Hearts

If tomorrow Hearts were found to be currently making secret non disclosed payments to players (ie in 2015) what would our punishment be?

Because the rangers chairman would have us believe there should not be one

This is the thing. What happens the next time some lower league team puts one signature instead of two on a player's registration - will they be thrown out of the Cup? How can the 'authorities' enforce any rules in future if they've decided to ignore a decade of calculated wholesale deception ? 

Short and to the point from the lovers of all things paramilitary.

To be fair, most fans & clubs feel the same.

"and also the Scottish football authorities whose rules are intended to uphold sporting integrity."

That'll be the day!!

...a bit disco

To be fair, most fans & clubs feel the same.

Ain't disagreeing.

Don't like the club, do like the message.

Except it was bollocks then and bollocks now

Hackney Hearts

I don't remember you getting streams of abuse, I think people were just reminding you why it's important. And by 'used to hit Hearts with' I assumed you meant by somebody meaningful, like the authorities, rather than by straw-clutching Rangers fans on blogs and in the DR - you didn't have to wait 2 days for that, it had been happening for quite some time! 

Doing Rangers down?? It's just expecting the people who run our game to do their job - is that too much to ask? Fairplay/level playing field ... there are worse 'obsessions' to have.

Celtic make a statement.

Can't disagree with anything in that. Successfully showing their neighbours how to make statements as well.

On a side note (not to be confused with a side letter), has anyone else got Rangers-supporting "friends" on social media sharing #EBTmemories?!

I can only presume this weird behaviour has originated from Follow Follow or somewhere similar, but I've got a normally-sensible-until-it-comes-to-football Hun sharing various past Rangers matches along with the hashtag.

I'm not bothered about stripping titles.

What I want to see is them being recognized as a Phoenix Company and being made responsible for the Oldco debt.

How they have managed to get away with this con is disgraceful imo

Hackney Hearts

On a side note (not to be confused with a side letter), has anyone else got Rangers-supporting "friends" on social media sharing #EBTmemories?!

I can only presume this weird behaviour has originated from Follow Follow or somewhere similar, but I've got a normally-sensible-until-it-comes-to-football Hun sharing various past Rangers matches along with the hashtag.

Mm, that'll help the mood elsewhere.

They just keep digging.

The official statements from both cheeks in the last couple of days are quite telling IMO.

One is a rambling, self important, arrogant and threatening rant. The other is concise, factual and professional. Like comparing a machine gunner scattering bullets everywhere and a sniper calmly sitting with his cross hairs on the chest of his prey.

TCFKAR really are Donald Ducked.

I'm not bothered about stripping titles.

What I want to see is them being recognized as a Phoenix Company and being made responsible for the Oldco debt.

How they have managed to get away with this con is disgraceful imo

Getting away with ditching debt? I think we should avoid throwing these particular stones! Non disclosure, lying and cheating - fine

Getting away with ditching debt? I think we should avoid throwing these particular stones! Non disclosure, lying and cheating - fine

The circumstances are vastly different, but you are correct, we did ditch a lot of debt, as did many other clubs, including Hibs, in unofficial CVAs.

There are many other things we can pull them up for, however, many more serious, if we wanted too. Let's sit quietly for now though, and enjoy the show.

Celtic make a statement.

Like I said earlier Rangers are right out of friends at the moment, if the other arse cheek are on about sporting integrity then der hun really are snookered and it also forces the SFA's hand as well.

Daydream Believer

If Hearts had failed to properly register players then King would be shouting it from the rooftops. He's not.

Instead, he's trying to cloud the issue by talking about tax and debt, which means that he's running the shittest bluff in the history of world sport and nobody is falling for it (apart from Rangers fans).

• Maple Leaf locked this topic