The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Knows he's on a hiding to nothing in court - so stoking the fires for the dumb orcs consumption.

They can't countenance any sort of bad outcome for Rangers/Sevco so this really is King getting in his defence first.

Edited by Deevers

It won't matter, with QC versus a Lawyer I'll be amazed if a judge ruled for the junior.

(and I speak from experience where I had to stump up for a QC because the other side did and my Lawyer said even though he was 100% I would win that it was a risk if I didn't sub him for a QC because QC v Lawyer could sway the judge - I did win btw but at QC cost)

Good post, lost in the storm. There's more to law than right and wrong

Hoi! King... **** you. After reading that ridiculous bucket of pish, I now want your club absolutely torn to shreds and stripped of titles, a change of point of view from that which I had before.

The stupid old dickhead honestly believes that Rangers are in some way keeping Scottish Football from falling apart. :lol:

Shred the ###### plz.

You and thousands more will now want that vile arrogant cheating bar stewards stripped of every single cheated trophy won during the cheating years.

King talks about building bridges with the rest of Scottish Football and then issues a statement loaded with threats and accusations, oh how to win friends and influence people.

Charlie-Brown

Same old Rangers threatening people as always....King the Rangers director then and now saying there was no sporting advantage is directly contradicted by then Rangers owner & chairman 'Mr Black' evidence to the Big Tax Case.

See Chris Graham's tweet?

I can't view it but @RetroScot has it as a picture.

Lordy.

Thinly veiled threat to "3-4 SPFL chairmen"...

Edited by jambovambo

Charlie-Brown

Rangers defeat Green and risk having their assets deemed proceeds of crime and face a cost of millions to repurchase them, Rangers lode and Greens legal team have a virtual blank cheque....catch 22 for the Orcs.

Glamorgan Jambo

You have to wonder whether he's working his passage with a statement like that.

Normally I'd expect the notice of complaint to be winging its way to Ibrox but it is the SFA we're dealing with.

If the Weegia / MSM do not start ridiculing him like they did with Vlad then it demonstrates how complicit they are in promoting the agenda of the Glasgow Biggot Brothers.

Rangers defeat Green and risk having their assets deemed proceeds of crime and face a cost of millions to repurchase them, Rangers lode and Greens legal team have a virtual blank cheque....catch 22 for the Orcs.

Do you think Big Mike might just push for his money back now?!

Greens agreement for legal fees with sevco was drawn up by andy coulsons solicitor, I suspect it will be tighter than a ducks arse. the sevco not rangers chat was very interesting, i'm assuming the orcs will be stampeding with the flaming torches and pitchforks towards the high court to punish the blasphemers!!

Re the glib and shameless liars latest diatribe, sheer quality, if that's not a referral to the sfa for bringing the game into disrepute, I don't know what is. also the warbmeister reveals that sevco may sell players if offers come in for them in january!!! You couldn't make this stuff up, sheer comedy gold. 

Still doesn't get it does he...

Oh he does get it, he just chooses to lie his ****ing head off in the hope the truth goes away.

King should be barred from holding any role in Scottish Football, every single member of the SFA, SPFL, SPL who were complicit with Rangers to the point they ****ing ran their press releases past them should be sacked and up on fraud charges, Oldco should have EVERY tainted title removed and Newco forced to:

1) Concede publicly that they were NOT demoted and instead were removed from the league as a direct consequence of liquidation, at their own hand

2) Acknowledge that they were treated leniently in comparison to Livingston and accept any punishment that is forthcoming now that the EBTs have been proven to be illegal and undisclosed contracts

3) Apologise and possible financially recompense Spartans for stealing their place in the professional leagues without the necessary 3 years accounts etc

4) be given the choice to either admit to being a Phoenix company and retain their history and the consequences of their actions or accept they are a brand new club and have no claim whatsoever on the titles or continuity of a defunct team.

Nothing less should be accepted by any fan of any club who wants a fair league which is ran and operated for the equal benefit of every single member club.

/end rant.

Footballfirst

From Wiki

Highland League Winners

1992-93 withheld (11)

11.  Elgin City won the league, but were found to have dishonestly requested the bringing forward of their final match in order to avoid two players being unavailable through suspension

What should be in Wiki

Scottish Permier League Winners

2002-03 withheld (11)

2004-05 withheld (11)

2008-09 withheld (11)

2009-10 withheld (11)

2010-11 withheld (11)

11.  Rangers won the league, but were found to have dishonestly conducted their tax arrangements and failed to disclose players full contractual details of their players to the football authorities.

Edited by Footballfirst

Geoff Kilpatrick

King does have a point though. They could probably have signed players as shite as Bert Konterman without using an EBT! :laugh:

Malinga the Swinga

So to summarise

1) We cheated, but who cares, we would have won anyway

2) Leave us alone or we will come round and tan your windows in

3) We were demoted unfairly. We were not put out the league because we are in the process of being liquidated, and we were not lucky to circumvent the rules and be allowed straight into division 3, without meeting the required and stated rules for eligibility into the Scottish leagues.

4) We ar ra Peepul.

So KING  of Newco  has come out with agressive THREATS to several ( un-named clubs) it suggests he is at the end of his tether. 

I guess Mikey boy has got to his brain. 

Good. 

King spouts some rubbish "The tax scheme may have reduced the need for shareholders to provide higher levels of funding so, as I have tried to make clear in the past, any advantage gained would have been to the company and its shareholders, not the team."

It did impact the team how can anyone claim it didn't is beyound belief.

"Secondly, Lord Nimmo Smith has fully and finally dealt with the legitimacy of the continuity of the Club?s history. There is no more to be debated on that issue."

LNS wasn't aware back then the the scheme being run was illegal and there will be an ongoing debate whether he likes it or not.

"Having reviewed documentation that has become available to me I believe that Rangers was harshly and, in some instances, unfairly treated in the period leading up to demotion from the Premier League."

Demotion? I think not.

Nail. On. Head.

:spoton:

King continually shoots himself in the foot everytime he opens that sink hole of his

He seems to have some rare form amnesia where he can never remember what he has said 1 month ago or 1 year ago

even when it is put in print in front of him. I would suggest he concentrates on SEVCO (as this is their proper name still)

and his ensuing fight with a billionaire as this has been done and dusted and proven they are the Lance Armstrong of 

Scottish football.

You mean like this maybe?:):):)

Former Rangers director Dave King has said sorry to Scottish football for the EBT scandal which has plunged the game into civil war.

On a day when a Walter Smith-led takeover consortium pulled out of a ?6million bid to buy the club, King expressed concern over a perceived lack of humility and acceptance of wrongdoing from the club?s powerbrokers.

A First Tier Tribunal into the ?big tax case? involving the old club?s use of Employee Benefit Trust schemes has yet to deliver a verdict. Speaking after the SPL ruled that Rangers had a case to answer over the alleged use of dual contracts, however, King offered the first concession from an Ibrox figurehead that the club may have gained a competitive advantage over their rivals.

?I think we should be sorry - and I certainly am sorry,? King told Sportsmai. ?We owe both the Rangers fans and the Scottish footballing public an apology.

?Some of the representations made have betrayed more of a victim status. But I think somebody needs to apologise.

?Clearly, that is not for Charles Green to do. But I am happy to say that I really believe we should be saying sorry and I think there is something to be sorry about.

?And as a former director when these things were going on, I am minded to do so.

?

With regard to EBTs, I was on the board so I have to take some responsibility.

?And I follow the logic of the argument that if we lose the tax case then we probably gained some competitive advantage.

?I believe that, on behalf of myself and most of the board members who were with me and probably agree with me, that we should apologise for that.

?I know that the Murray Group might not say that, because it might be tantamount to admitting it.

Up for sale: Charles Green is looking to sell Rangers on

?But I am happy to say it as a director of the football club. And, having been there for the last couple of days, and getting a sense of the anger and anxiety, that it is absolutely appropriate for the previous regime to be sorry.?

Club chairmen will decide on July 4 if an Ibrox newco should be allowed to play in the top tier next season.

Even if the chairmen vote yes, however, SPL sources have warned that the club could still face expulsion if dual contracts were operated by a board of directors on which King was a member for 12 years.

Insisting there was no attempt to gain a deliberate competitive advantage from the use of a Murray group EBT, King added: ?No one on the board, when I was there, would have had any intention of gaining an advantage.

?But the fact is that I can understand the perception out there now.

?And the way that Rangers have treated the authorities - instead of having a conversation with them around reparation - has been regrettable.

?One of the things I would have looked at as part of a consortium in terms of funding is to try and fund them so that they could make some sort of commercial reparation to the other clubs.

I didn't think Roddy Forsyth's column could be topped. I was wrong. And that, as they say, is that. As Roddy might say in that self satisfied style of his.

Edited by Riccarton3

Malinga the Swinga

Even Richard Wilson is struggling to find support for Dave King after this statement. The best he can come up with is that King is at the end of his tether. Not really much justification for threatening clubs, lying about the way they were treated after they went into administration, before they died and were put into liquidation.

Other than getting the Neanderthal element of the Rangers support behind him, this statement is achieving nothing.

You mean like this maybe?:):):)

Former Rangers director Dave King has said sorry to Scottish football for the EBT scandal which has plunged the game into civil war.

On a day when a Walter Smith-led takeover consortium pulled out of a ?6million bid to buy the club, King expressed concern over a perceived lack of humility and acceptance of wrongdoing from the club?s powerbrokers.

etc........

That should be replayed back to him alongside his current statement.

He has lost it and calling out other chairman is a game changer for me in terms of people letting it slide.

Edited by Jamboelite

Footballfirst

I said this a week or so ago, but with tonight's statement from King following on from the attacks on Mash/Ashley,  I'm increasingly of the view that King is trying to create a "force majeure" whereby the club will be seriously sanctioned by the SFA/SPFL or even forced into administration.  How that may happen I  don't know, but whether titles are withheld, the club is given a current points deduction,  Ashley calls in his loan or whatever.  He is actively going out his way to antagonise everyone with the capability to hurt the club.

He wants someone to blame for all the club's ills, whereby he can walk away claiming he did everything he could.

Ashley, on the other hand, seems to have accepted the challenge, and will do everything he can to make King's life as difficult as possible. He knows the financial situation at the club, but in a masochistic way he seems to want to prolong the agony with a death by 1000 cuts, rather than being seen to execute the coup de gr?ce by asking for his ?5M back and issuing a winding up order if they don't comply. 

Edited by Footballfirst

Geoff Kilpatrick

I said this a week or so ago, but with tonight's statement from King following on from the attacks on Mash/Ashley. I'm increasingly of the view that King is trying to create a "force majeure" whereby the club will be seriously sanctioned by the SFA/SPFL or even forced into administration. How that may happen I don't know, but whether titles are withheld, the club is given a current points deduction, Ashley calls in his loan or whatever. He is actively going out his way to antagonise everyone with the capability to hurt the club.

He wants someone to blame for all the club's ills, whereby he can walk away.

Ashley, on the other hand, seems to have accepted the challenge, and will do everything he can to make King's life as difficult as possible. He knows the financial situation at the club, but in a masochistic way he seems to want to prolong the agony with a death by 1000 cuts, rather than being seen to execute the coup de gr?ce by asking for his ?5M back and issuing a winding up order if they don't comply.

:cornette:

Non Hearts fans used to come out with pish like this when Vlad was on a rant. At least Vlad's were funny at best or just bizarre at worst (e.g. goats and cabbages).

disgruntledfan

You mean like this maybe? :):) :)

A First Tier Tribunal into the ?big tax case? involving the old club?s use of Employee Benefit Trust schemes has yet to deliver a verdict. Speaking after the SPL ruled that Rangers had a case to answer over the alleged use of dual contracts, however, King offered the first concession from an Ibrox figurehead that the club may have gained a competitive advantage over their rivals.

?I think we should be sorry - and I certainly am sorry,? King told Sportsmai. ?We owe both the Rangers fans and the Scottish footballing public an apology.

?Some of the representations made have betrayed more of a victim status. But I think somebody needs to apologise.

?Clearly, that is not for Charles Green to do. But I am happy to say that I really believe we should be saying sorry and I think there is something to be sorry about.

?And as a former director when these things were going on, I am minded to do so.

?

With regard to EBTs, I was on the board so I have to take some responsibility.

?And I follow the logic of the argument that if we lose the tax case then we probably gained some competitive advantage.

?I believe that, on behalf of myself and most of the board members who were with me and probably agree with me, that we should apologise for that.

?I know that the Murray Group might not say that, because it might be tantamount to admitting it.

Up for sale: Charles Green is looking to sell Rangers on

?But I am happy to say it as a director of the football club. And, having been there for the last couple of days, and getting a sense of the anger and anxiety, that it is absolutely appropriate for the previous regime to be sorry.?

Club chairmen will decide on July 4 if an Ibrox newco should be allowed to play in the top tier next season.

Even if the chairmen vote yes, however, SPL sources have warned that the club could still face expulsion if dual contracts were operated by a board of directors on which King was a member for 12 years.

Insisting there was no attempt to gain a deliberate competitive advantage from the use of a Murray group EBT, King added: ?No one on the board, when I was there, would have had any intention of gaining an advantage.

?But the fact is that I can understand the perception out there now.

?And the way that Rangers have treated the authorities - instead of having a conversation with them around reparation - has been regrettable.

?One of the things I would have looked at as part of a consortium in terms of funding is to try and fund them so that they could make some sort of commercial reparation to the other clubs.

Thats certainly one of his ramblings I was alluding to.

I hope after this statement that the rest of the SPFL  and SPL clubs give him and his bankrupt football club, a roasting.

They should push for every sanction possible although because it pertains to Oldco, I would imagine only stripping

the titles is left open to them. The whole club and their support has learned nothing since their liquidation, no humility, no compassion,

no contrition. The SFA needs to come out and say that they should be thankful to other member clubs for letting them back in the 

league at all and tell King to keep it quiet by giving them a huge fine for starters. 

Edited by disgruntledfan

More over reaction from some people's champion, Tom English, on BBC tonight. It's', it's, it's turned into a circus all this title stripping talk. Not really, Tom. It's simply you blowing in the wind again. Right on cue.

Edited by Riccarton3

Maiden Gorgie

Rookie mistake, this is what you want.

EOF0fep.jpg

:lol:

That would last a week the way this is going

disgruntledfan

King is circling the wagons and pandering to the hun brethren. But there is method is his madness.

He knows the fan groups have been calling for a strong worded statement, now any chairman worth his salt would ignore these

calls and just keep going about his business but when your about to get hit left, right and centre for cash there is only

one place left to go for cash, the fans. He has already tried to get the groups to amalgamate into one super fan base, with one super cash flow as he sees

it. So I think we can expect many more of his ramblings of the coming weeks as the pressure grows on his finances.

i wish jj was my dad

King is clearly looking for a way out and he wants to bring everyone down with them.  Shades of Regan's armaggeddon.  

TBH, a few days ago I wasn't that interested in whether titles should be stripped or not.  I was more concerned about shining a light on the GFA complicity but the tantrums and threats from King, Proddy and this Wilson guy might just force the GFA and clubs to act anyway.

...a bit disco

I do hope that 3-4 SPFL chairmen and their low level paper gatherer pay attention to that statement. They'd be unwise not to. #skeletons

Anyone know who the 'low level paper gatherer' is?

Edited by ...a bit disco

Guest Bilel Mohsni

King is clearly looking for a way out and he wants to bring everyone down with them. Shades of Regan's armaggeddon.

TBH, a few days ago I wasn't that interested in whether titles should be stripped or not. I was more concerned about shining a light on the GFA complicity but the tantrums and threats from King, Proddy and this Wilson guy might just force the GFA and clubs to act anyway.

This is where I'm at now too. Hope the club burns now.

King of the North

Oh he does get it, he just chooses to lie his ******* head off in the hope the truth goes away.

King should be barred from holding any role in Scottish Football, every single member of the SFA, SPFL, SPL who were complicit with Rangers to the point they ******* ran their press releases past them should be sacked and up on fraud charges, Oldco should have EVERY tainted title removed and Newco forced to:

1) Concede publicly that they were NOT demoted and instead were removed from the league as a direct consequence of liquidation, at their own hand

2) Acknowledge that they were treated leniently in comparison to Livingston and accept any punishment that is forthcoming now that the EBTs have been proven to be illegal and undisclosed contracts

3) Apologise and possible financially recompense Spartans for stealing their place in the professional leagues without the necessary 3 years accounts etc

4) be given the choice to either admit to being a Phoenix company and retain their history and the consequences of their actions or accept they are a brand new club and have no claim whatsoever on the titles or continuity of a defunct team.

Nothing less should be accepted by any fan of any club who wants a fair league which is ran and operated for the equal benefit of every single member club.

/end rant.

Agree with every word of this. And it's what any media outlet and journalist worth anything would be calling for as well, instead of the pathetic muddying of the waters we are getting just now.

Great post

If the SFA don't act after Kings rant then the game here us all but finished. They would be bowing down to the the threats and bullying of a thoroughly distasteful person. Think of some of the stuff that Romanov got pulled up for - his acts pale into complete insignificance in comparison to this.

You're missing the point. The way they used them was not legitimate.

The whole crux of this is whether the money paid was earnings.

If it was earnings, EBTs are not appropriate and this is tax evasion.

If it was not earnings, EBTs are entirely appropriate.

But EBTs were, and still are, a legitimate mechanism in themselves

You are right and I think a lot of people are indeed missing the point.  The COS judgement against Rangers does not render the use of EBTs as being unlawful, it just means that Rangers were using EBTs unlawfully.

Bazzas right boot

You are right and I think a lot of people are indeed missing the point. The COS judgement against Rangers does not render the use of EBTs as being unlawful, it just means that Rangers were using EBTs unlawfully.

Does it matter.

Rangers used them illegally, now all that matters is how it is delta with by the law and the sfa.

Edited by hotcurrie

• Maple Leaf locked this topic