The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Are you REALLY comparing Rankers to other clubs in relation to the press? So we banned the Sun so The Rankers behaviour is OK!!!!!! The bottom line is that this half of the bigot brothers continues to bully everyone and anyone it can and certainly those who dare to criticise them. It is their culture and the culture of the majority of their disruptive fans.

well put

Are you REALLY comparing Rankers to other clubs in relation to the press? So we banned the Sun so The Rankers behaviour is OK!!!!!! The bottom line is that this half of the bigot brothers continues to bully everyone and anyone it can and certainly those who dare to criticise them. It is their culture and the culture of the majority of their disruptive fans.

In addition, we banned one paper (one that malt folk on here openly despise). Rangers have banned a variety f journalists from a variety of media outlets, for very petty things.

They also did little to dissuade fans from abusing the journists, and their families.

:spoton:

Independence

All clubs (or at least a large %) at times have banned the press.

Our own club has done so in the past when we banned the Sun .

I notice that they may be closer to going back onto the stock market allbeit the ISDX and not the AIM as was previously....

'Rangers are closer to joining the ISDX Stock Exchange after appointing Peterhouse Corporate Finance as their corporate adviser.'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33736596

It is beyond me how anyone can be an apologist, like you, for this despicable sectarian club. Being well over 50 I remember all the previous Rankers history and behaviour towards anyone who wasn't 'one of them'. This new team is being followed by the same bunch who destroyed Manchester and their 'leaders' are from the same page. Shame on the majority of the Scottish press for getting into bed with this new team and good on those who stand up to the bullies.

They acquired the victims tag, when they self destructed, ironically after using the term endlesslly to describe their rivals. After being teased mercilessly and correctly for a few years, they want to give some pain back to others.

Edited by Riccarton3

Banned another journalist this time Spiers. I'm not even sure if the BBC are allowed back in yet after they were banned last year or when ever it was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I suppose that with Jabba the whatever as their media mouthpiece (level 5) any journalist wishing to partake of the "most succulent lamb" must also partake in sucking his prolapsed rectum. Which is done first is open to conjecture but he is an arse of a man.

I wonder if he will send his thugs round to tan my windows in now as he certainly hasn't got the bottle do do it himself.

I suppose that with Jabba the whatever as their media mouthpiece (level 5) any journalist wishing to partake of the "most succulent lamb" must also partake in sucking his prolapsed rectum. Which is done first is open to conjecture but he is an arse of a man.

I wonder if he will send his thugs round to tan my windows in now as he certainly hasn't got the bottle do do it himself.

Jabba clearly believes they are not a new club anymore.

i wish jj was my dad

Spiers has been officially banned from ibroke. Prob due to his non pro king stance..

I bet Richard Wilson won't get banned.

It is beyond me how anyone can be an apologist, like you, for this despicable sectarian club. Being well over 50 I remember all the previous Rankers history and behaviour towards anyone who wasn't 'one of them'. This new team is being followed by the same bunch who destroyed Manchester and their 'leaders' are from the same page. Shame on the majority of the Scottish press for getting into bed with this new team and good on those who stand up to the bullies.

Oh dear anyone who dares to even point out information is seen as an apologist... says more about you than anything else.

It's sad that on a football discussion board there are people like yourself who simply are so blinkered they will not accept any other view than their own..there are times when it's not black or white and a middle ground can be found

All clubs (or at least a large %) at times have banned the press.

Our own club has done so in the past when we banned the Sun]

I believe we banned the Sun because they photoshopped a gob of flying sputum into a picture of Rudi Skacel and Neil Lennon. Edited by CollyWolly

Oh dear anyone who dares to even point out information is seen as an apologist... says more about you than anything else.

It's sad that on a football discussion board there are people like yourself who simply are so blinkered they will not accept any other view than their own..there are times when it's not black or white and a middle ground can be found

oh come off it, I doubt that opinion of you was garnered from one single post. You are a Rangers apologist or at least sympathiser, not the free-thinker you regard yourself as. You tow their line as assuredly as the Record and BBC...

Unknown user

Actually lol'd there

I believe we banned the Sun because they photoshopped a gob of flying sputum into a picture of Rudi Skacel and Neil Lennon.

I'm not convinced that picture was Photoshopped. However, the players may have been twenty yards apart but appear to be standing very close to each other in the picture, due to the perspective distortion when using a telephoto lens. The Sun would have known this.

What did spiers actually do or say? he is actually a hun and used to have a season ticket at ibrokes.

What did spiers actually do or say? he is actually a hun and used to have a season ticket at ibrokes.

He thinks per the SFA rules (guidelines) King isn't FPP.

Should his ire be towards King or the SFA though?

Independence

I think you prove my point. Thanks.

lost in space

I am glad that CJGJ has not been banned from this forum for being a Hun.  It can get a bit boring when we all agree on something.  Reading the view of a Sevco sympathizer is a reminder on how loathsome a club they are - and how even more loathsome their bigoted fans are.

NUJ really stick together in Scotland

No one in the media should be bending the knee to the Govan Stasi. Jabba should be telt that, as a second tier club, they aren't worth reporting anyway.

Footballfirst

It seems that Clark and Whitehouse of D&P have lodged defamation papers against the BBC for "The Men Who Sold The Jeseys" documentary in 2012.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/duff-phelps-trio-hit-bbc-6174096

Duff and Phelps trio hit BBC with ?3 million libel writ over Rangers documentary

06:00, 1 August 2015
By Mark McGivern

DAVID GRIER, Paul Clark and David Whitehouse have filed papers seeking damages over the BBC documentary ?Rangers: The Men Who Sold The Jerseys?.
THE BBC have been hit with a ?3million libel writ by the men who handled the Rangers takeover.

Three top accountants from Duff and Phelps have personally filed papers seeking damages over an expose of the controversial sale of the club to Craig Whyte in 2011.

David Grier, Paul Clark and David Whitehouse lodged the defamation writ at Glasgow Sheriff Court ? the same court which will host a criminal trial centred on their handling of the Rangers administration.

The trio?s role was called into question by the BBC Scotland documentary, Rangers: The Men Who Sold The Jerseys.

The programme, presented by Mark Daly, made serious allegations about Duff and Phelps partner Grier and his role in Whyte?s takeover of Rangers, where Whyte used funds raised from ticketing firm Ticketus.

Daly is personally named in the writ, along with the BBC and an expert witness who appeared on the programme in May 2012.

It was shown 12 months after Whyte officially bought the club, and just three months after it plunged into insolvency in February 2012.

Whyte bought Rangers from Sir David Murray for ?1 and paid an ?18million debt to Lloyds Bank by selling three years of season tickets to Ticketus for ?25million. The Daily Record revealed the Ticketus deal.

As well as being involved in Whyte?s takeover, Duff and Phelps were appointed as Rangers? administrators after the club?s finances went into meltdown following the sale.

The documentary also raised questions over whether it was appropriate for Duff and Phelps to accept the appointment as administrators, given the nature of the firm?s relationship with Whyte.

Duff and Phelps threatened to sue in 2012 but no writ was forthcoming. The three employees served their writ in May this year.

But shortly after it was served at the BBC?s HQ in Glasgow, the writ was ?sisted? by Grier, Whitehouse and Clark. That means it was put on the back burner so no hearings would take place before any criminal trial ends.

A legal insider said: ?The action was promised but it went very quiet until the writ appeared, which came within days of the third anniversary of the documentary?s screening.

?It may be that the pursuers feel they have a strong case and can win serious damages. They may be seeking an out- of-court settlement, or they may wish to be seen to be challenging the very serious allegations in the programme.

?Cases that are sisted fall into different categories. Some have good reason to be put on hold and others are simply being kicked into the long grass. We will have to wait and se what category this falls into.?

In the immediate aftermath of the 2012 documentary, David Grier issued a statement denying he was aware of the Ticketus claims.

He said: ?I categorically deny that at the time of the Craig Whyte takeover of Rangers, I had any knowledge that funds from Ticketus were being used to acquire the club.

?This accusation is wrong, highly defamatory and betrays a lack of understanding of the facts.?

Craig Whyte is due to stand trial alongside the Duff and Phelps trio and solicitor Gary Withey later this year.

Clark and Whitehouse were appointed joint administrators of Rangers on Valentine?s Day 2012, after the club failed to meet PAYE and VAT demands of around ?9million owed to Her Majesty?s Revenue and Customs.

An earlier investigation into whether they should have taken on the role was quashed by the Insolvency Practitioners Association.

Whyte was released on bail in November at Glasgow Sheriff Court, where he is accused of fraudulently plotting to take over at Ibrox.

He faces a string of charges including claims that he failed to pay VAT and national insurance at the club. Whitehouse, Clark and Grier face charges of attempting to pervert the course of justice.

The BBC yesterday confirmed that the writ from Clark, Whitehouse and Grier had been served. A spokesman said: ?We stand by our journalism and the action will be robustly defended.?

A spokesman for Duff and Phelps said: ?Duff and Phelps is not a party in this action and therefore we have no comment.?

Edited by Footballfirst

The BBC's Chris McClaughlin has now also been banned, the beeb saying they won't attend ibroke's while the ban is in force. [emoji1]

Will that include showing highlights and live games etc? I bet it won't.

The BBC's Chris McClaughlin has now also been banned, the beeb saying they won't attend ibroke's while the ban is in force. [emoji1]

Pray for chic..

:sob:

They should just not talk about them or mention their name. When reason the scores, they should just say 'Team from Glasgow' and use it as their graphic on the TV.

torino calcio

It would appear from the Rangers statement that McLaughlin has been banned for reporting that there was the singing of sectarian songs last week at Easter Road.  The Rangers view as per their statement is that because there were only two arrests then that mean that there were only two of their fans singing the dodgy songs - unbelievable!

Independence

It would appear from the Rangers statement that McLaughlin has been banned for reporting that there was the singing of sectarian songs last week at Easter Road.  The Rangers view as per their statement is that because there were only two arrests then that mean that there were only two of their fans singing the dodgy songs - unbelievable!

I know what you mean by 'unbelievable' but unfortunately it is very believable. Just when will the authorities stand up to this disgrace of a club and teach them that they are NOT a law to themselves. They do it....because they get away with it and their fans follow in their own arrogant way. 

Jambo-Jimbo

They should just not talk about them or mention their name. When reason the scores, they should just say 'Team from Glasgow' and use it as their graphic on the TV.

Better to just call them 'Sevco' now that would get their backs up.

As is and has always been the case with that bigoted pile of scum and their Green & White cousins, when ever there is any mention that they have a sectarian problem they just revert to type.

They or their so called fans just threaten, intimidate, harass or ban anybody who has the guts to try and tell the truth about them and that is the case here, in the hope that the press or whoever will just tow the party line and shut up about any sectarian problems.

Scotland's shame they are, always have been, always will be.

eyesandears

I'm not convinced that picture was Photoshopped. However, the players may have been twenty yards apart but appear to be standing very close to each other in the picture, due to the perspective distortion when using a telephoto lens. The Sun would have known this.

Spot on. The Sun encouraged the issue by using the photo which was taken from the far end from the incident and showed no perspective from any other angle. In 2D it looked like it could have possibly been a gob aimed at Lennon. In 3D reality, no where near as Lennon was not anywhere near the line of Rud's spiti. Vlad like most of the rest of us marked the Sun's card well before the exposure of their outrageous scheming and manipulation of people and stories. Odious organisation.

john brownlee

Spot on. The Sun encouraged the issue by using the photo which was taken from the far end from the incident and showed no perspective from any other angle. In 2D it looked like it could have possibly been a gob aimed at Lennon. In 3D reality, no where near as Lennon was not anywhere near the line of Rud's spiti. Vlad like most of the rest of us marked the Sun's card well before the exposure of their outrageous scheming and manipulation of people and stories. Odious organisation.

its easy ...just zoom in and see the change/difference in picels...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sectarian club decides to ban people

been let off lightly for over 30 years with very little other than positive coverage since David Holmes then David Murray took over

think King or whoever are poorly advised doing this

I don't say this to flush out Rangers sympathisers on JKB but if you can't resist...

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

They should just not talk about them or mention their name. When reason the scores, they should just say 'Team from Glasgow Northern Ireland' and use it as their graphic on the TV.

That should really wind them up.....

Statement released from BBC Scotland.

ab41e8e7e2a54c8def6c4be985e7f24b.jpg

I was wondering how they could do a match report without "sending journalists to Ibrox" then I realised they could just send Chick Young as he could never be described as a journalist.

I am glad that CJGJ has not been banned from this forum for being a Hun.  It can get a bit boring when we all agree on something.  Reading the view of a Sevco sympathizer is a reminder on how loathsome a club they are - and how even more loathsome their bigoted fans are.

Thanks... I think  :tiny:  but  'a Hun' .......me !!!!!!!!!!!   :thumbsdown:

Somehow I don't think so.  Unlike some on here I actually attend matches, hold a season ticket and am an existing shareholder as well as FOH contributor and from time to time JKB donator......sorry for the list of proper Hearts fan credentials listed.

I am however not blinded by a headline and am willing to look just a bit more into some matters. It does result in some slightly differing views but of course when some are so entrenched in theirs you'll never change their minds but at least you can debate matters and perhaps point out things are not always so clear cut. (though some on here will not even consider anything contrary to their view)

Those who are weak then use words like sympathiser to try and tar you and simply by stating lies try to gather support to their viewpoint. It's sad but a predictable response from those who seem to lack the ability to debate and anyone who is not with them must be against them. It's a weak position but in reality what does it matter ..they're just a small annoyance in the bigger picture.  Be confident in yourself and your views, express them and win the debate with reason and logic.

PS banning the media is really a waste of time and effort for all clubs and panders to the lowest common denominator of a clubs support.

Good post CJ.  I have found your posting style grating in the past, and I realize I say that brashly as the newest of the newbies, but this is class.  My one nitpick would be describing those who merely disagree as "weak/an annoyance"--they may be wrong or you may be just as wrong as you think they are, and they may have considered matters as carefully as you and simply come to a different conclusion.  As they often say in the law, "reasonable minds may disagree."  Now those who troll are a different story, but that's better ignored, don't you think?

Thanks... I think :tiny: but 'a Hun' .......me !!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsdown:

Somehow I don't think so. Unlike some on here I actually attend matches, hold a season ticket and am an existing shareholder as well as FOH contributor and from time to time JKB donator......sorry for the list of proper Hearts fan credentials listed.

I am however not blinded by a headline and am willing to look just a bit more into some matters. It does result in some slightly differing views but of course when some are so entrenched in theirs you'll never change their minds but at least you can debate matters and perhaps point out things are not always so clear cut. (though some on here will not even consider anything contrary to their view)

Those who are weak then use words like sympathiser to try and tar you and simply by stating lies try to gather support to their viewpoint. It's sad but a predictable response from those who seem to lack the ability to debate and anyone who is not with them must be against them. It's a weak position but in reality what does it matter ..they're just a small annoyance in the bigger picture. Be confident in yourself and your views, express them and win the debate with reason and logic.

PS banning the media is really a waste of time and effort for all clubs and panders to the lowest common denominator of a clubs support.

I would rather you were a Hun through and through. If you are the Hearts fan you say you are you make me think of the toadying mayor of a French village who can't do enough to help the occupying Nazis.

Creepy as $&@!

noidletalk81

They don't like their dirty sectarian/racist washing aired in public that shower!

Well done Chris McLaughlin for having the bottle to report honestly and expose they horrible ***** up for all their worth!

The truth hurts!

Footballfirst

https://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/current-business/court-notices/contempt-of-court-orders

Scottish Courts and tribunals

Orders and Directions made under Section 4(2) and or Section 11 of the Contempt of Court Act 1981

Court Orders postponing publication of reports of proceedings (in terms of Section 4(2)) and court directions prohibiting the publication of a name or matter in connection with the proceedings (in terms of section 11) apply in the following cases:

HMA v Craig Thomas Whyte, Gary Martyn Withey, David John Whitehouse, Paul John Clark, David Henry Grier, Sheriff Court, Glasgow, 24 July 2015

===============================

I'm not sure if the above means that there will be a gagging order on reporting this case when it comes to trial and/or if the trial has already started.

Some of the other cases listed via the link are certainly high profile and include the Andy Coulson and Angus Sinclair cases

Edited by Footballfirst

I take it they won't screen any of their games on Alba either?

Alba won't screen any Rangers games - BT show them in the slightly strange tv carve up

I'm assuming BBC will still cover games on radio - its just the 'journalists' not commentators ?

Alba won't screen any Rangers games - BT show them in the slightly strange tv carve up

I'm assuming BBC will still cover games on radio - its just the 'journalists' not commentators ?

The BBC didn't have any (radio) reporters at The Rangers game today. 

noidletalk81

The BBC didn't have any (radio) reporters at The Rangers game today. 

Marvellous! :)

Petrofac Cup could be interesting. Are Rangers at home in the next round?

The Comedian

It's of no great loss to anything that the BBC (and the weasel Mclaughlin) have been banned from Ibrox. They've failed to probe the Rangers shambles properly for a while now and have missed numerous opportunities to highlight sectarianism.

The only chap who came close has recently been hunted after a witch hunt last year when he told the truth. Meanwhile grunters like Doddsy and Derek 'Emmmm' Ferguson march on.

It's of no great loss to anything that the BBC (and the weasel Mclaughlin) have been banned from Ibrox. They've failed to probe the Rangers shambles properly for a while now and have missed numerous opportunities to highlight sectarianism.

The only chap who came close has recently been hunted after a witch hunt last year when he told the truth. Meanwhile grunters like Doddsy and Derek 'Emmmm' Ferguson march on.

I presume you are referring to Jim Spence.  He was certainly one of the very few who dared to voice an opinion that didn't align to the Rangers PR briefings.

I presume you are referring to Jim Spence. He was certainly one of the very few who dared to voice an opinion that didn't align to the Rangers PR briefings.

And both he and his family had to put up with the abuse that came with it.

Malinga the Swinga

There is a very good interview on Phil M three names with Jim Spence and it doesn't put Rangers fans in good taste. Is anyone else now listening to Craig Houston from the SoS trying to act like some form of hard man claiming everyone is against Rangers and that every journalist supports either Rangers or Celtic.

This man is just another self appointed big man who likes the sound of his own voice and refuses to listen to any other point of view. Why the BBC even allow this eejit to sprout his hatred and bile is beyond comprehension. Richard Wilson is another who desperately wants to kiss up to Rangers and will simply not condemn any Rangers action in any way, shape or form.

I really wish that this three year old club would just wither and die.

Sanctimonious twat from The Rangers support (Struth) bumping his holier than thou thoughts about the BBC and why they should be banned from Ipox. We are right and yous are wrong. Is it any wonder nobody really likes them.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic