The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Take it that ***** lawyer Johnston is still at Kilmarnock then? What a ***** wee prick he is.

I notice the Kilmarnock chairman is wittering on about Scottish football being 'boring' without The Rangers. I fully expect more talk of league reconstruction in the next few weeks to be accompanied by an article from Roddy Forsyth discussing the 'growing appetite' in Scottish football for Rangers to be back 'where they belong' and 'competing for titles'.

:boak::boak::boak:

The current Killie board have a long history of sucking up to, and bending over for, Celtic and Rangers.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

they have 2 stands sitting empty, waiting for the rangers hordes to fill them. Tough

Just two?

Guest Bilel Mohsni

The current Killie board have a long history of sucking up to, and bending over for, Celtic and Rangers.

Their entire business model since they stopped overspending on the likes of Dindeleaux (sp?), Coccard etc, has been having enough seats to accommodate many local Huns and Tims as possible. Their stadium is about five times too large for their support base I would imagine.

If Scottish football is so boring then Killie fans should boycott their games to force Johnston out, he could hardly complain if he describes the product as ****, they'd be doing everyone a favour. What a plum he is.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

If Scottish football is so boring then Killie fans should boycott their games to force Johnston out, he could hardly complain if he describes the product as ****, they'd be doing everyone a favour. What a plum he is.

The wanky auld dickhead could not give any less of a flying **** what Kilmarnock fans think. He is interested in bodies through the gates of his large and usually empty stadium. He knows the Killie fans are stuck giving him money through loyalty to their club, and he therefore is Jack-easy about ensuring the other half of his club's turnover are suitably wanked over.

MJ is a massive rasper.

The wanky auld dickhead could not give any less of a flying **** what Kilmarnock fans think. He is interested in bodies through the gates of his large and usually empty stadium. He knows the Killie fans are stuck giving him money through loyalty to their club, and he therefore is Jack-easy about ensuring the other half of his club's turnover are suitably wanked over.

MJ is a massive rasper.

If they played a home game with 10,000+ Celtic fans, and zero Killie fans, he would be delighted.

Even if the ?5m loan is paid off, Big Mike still retains control of Rangers Retail...

http://m.heraldscotland.com/news/13439288.Sports_Direct_supremo_Mike_Ashley_still_the_power_behind_the_Rangers_retail_throne/

Not sure about this paragraph in the article:

"Latest accounts show that while Rangers Retail turnover quadrupled from ?1.2 million in the year to April 2013 to ?4.8m in the year to April 2014, profits only doubled from ?434,312 to ?877,662. That is because the costs associated with the sales soared by eight times that of the previous year from ?546,656 to ?4.2 million."

Think there may be an error in that. How can turnover be ?4.8m, costs associated with the sales are ?4.2m, yet RR made ?877,662 profit?

"Latest accounts show that while Rangers Retail turnover quadrupled from ?1.2 million in the year to April 2013 to ?4.8m in the year to April 2014, profits only doubled from ?434,312 to ?877,662. That is because the costs associated with the sales soared by eight times that of the previous year from ?546,656 to ?4.2 million."

Think there may be an error in that. How can turnover be ?4.8m, costs associated with the sales are ?4.2m, yet RR made ?877,662 profit?

That just the costs assosiated with sales.... so 600k profit from selling shirts. 200k coming from somewhere else other than making or selling strips.

Need to see the accounts to know where the other 200k came from

FC Sevco continues to give it dry and unsheathed to the FC Sevco fans.

Angus Young

MA Has money the glib and shameless one does not but he pretends to and the secvonians trust him as he and pot less paul are true blue.

Footballfirst

That just the costs assosiated with sales.... so 600k profit from selling shirts. 200k coming from somewhere else other than making or selling strips.

Need to see the accounts to know where the other 200k came from

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08142409/filing-history/MzExNjY2OTQ4M2FkaXF6a2N4/document?format=pdf&download=0

Link to the accounts

Edited by Footballfirst

Unknown user

Even if the ?5m loan is paid off, Big Mike still retains control of Rangers Retail...

http://m.heraldscotland.com/news/13439288.Sports_Direct_supremo_Mike_Ashley_still_the_power_behind_the_Rangers_retail_throne/

Ooft!

For those who can't be bothered reading it, the nuts and bolts is that even if/when the shares revert back to 49% to Sports Direct, 51% to Rangers, the SD shares are "A" shares while Rangers' are "B" shares.

"A" shares count double in financial matters, meaning that SD retain control over the important stuff.

Sneaky!

Ooft!

For those who can't be bothered reading it, the nuts and bolts is that even if/when the shares revert back to 49% to Sports Direct, 51% to Rangers, the SD shares are "A" shares while Rangers' are "B" shares.

"A" shares count double in financial matters, meaning that SD retain control over the important stuff.

Sneaky!

Sports direct have taken them for a ride. Can't help but laugh.

Other operating income; ?1,882,032.00.

Notes say that Other operating income is; "Income generated from a license is recognised on an accruals basis in accordance with the relevant agreements or on a transactional basis  when revenue is linked to sale or purchase volumes"

lost in space

Other operating income; ?1,882,032.00.

Notes say that Other operating income is; "Income generated from a license is recognised on an accruals basis in accordance with the relevant agreements or on a transactional basis  when revenue is linked to sale or purchase volumes"

Well, thankfully, that has at least clarified the situation...................................

Sports direct have taken them for a ride. Can't help but laugh.

Meanwhile Newcastle are making some big and promising signings while Sevco are scraping around league one :laugh: Edited by Ivan Drago

Interesting re the costs, that would appear quite high for selling "taps". ashley still bleeding them dry. quality.

Good to see the herald keeping it's finger on the pulse. this was disclosed on tsfm & pmcg ages ago(over a year ago if I remember correctly) but as per usual, the succulent lamb eaters decided to ignore it until level5 instructed them to print it to make ashley look bad.

Edited by Dutchmul

Ooft!

Sneaky!

Very very.....

:pleasing:

Looks like Tavernier & Waghorn will sign for the Sevco franchise .

Mega signings for Sevco!

Is Johnston not away now?

He stepped down as Chairman but remains on the Board as Company Secretary.

Angus Young

the tribute act Sevco appear to be going for it with new signings and a new management team my gut feeling is they will romp the league much like we did last season this leaves the play offs for the vermin.

the tribute act Sevco appear to be going for it with new signings and a new management team my gut feeling is they will romp the league much like we did last season this leaves the play offs for the vermin.

Wouldn't be so sure. We benefited from having the nucleus of a team which had been playing together for a year, whereas they're not far off starting from scratch.

Not that I'm underestimating the hobos' ability to royally arse it up once again!

alicante jambo

Wouldn't be so sure. We benefited from having the nucleus of a team which had been playing together for a year, whereas they're not far off starting from scratch.

Not that I'm underestimating the hobos' ability to royally arse it up once again!

Im with you here.

Unknown user

Not entirely related, but another example of the mental spending culture under Murray- apparently Shota Arveladze cost closer to 8.5 million than the 2 million publicised at the time

http://heraldscotland.com/sport/13213677.display/

Dutch courts ruled in Arveladze's favour this week and ordered the Amsterdam outfit to pay all the 42-year-old's legal costs.

His lawyer, Rob Cohen, made the astonishing claim that Ajax were actually paid 12 million Euros - around ?8.5m - by the then big-spending Ibrox side to sign the player when Dick Advocaat was in charge, despite a fee of just ?2m being widely reported at the time.

Cohen said: "We have fought long and hard for this, but finally won. There is a party atmosphere at the Arveladze family home. Ajax must take a good look in the mirror.

"They received 12 million Euros from Glasgow Rangers for Shota and he did not deserve this outrageous treatment.

"They are all cowards. Edwin Van der Sar, Marc Overmars, the old and the new management. They all knew they were wrong and refused to comment."

It'd be interesting to know if the accounts at the time reflected this

What is it with the Wigan love in? Has he picked off their best players after their relegation to the 3rd division?

AllyjamboDerbyshire

What is it with the Wigan love in? Has he picked off their best players after their relegation to the 3rd division?

Quite possibly a coming together of clubs who's leading figures, King and Whelan, have been humiliated by Mike Ashley! Either that, or someone at Wigan has noted the history that TRFC have of signing players no one else wants.

AllyjamboDerbyshire

Wigan have been pally with Rangers for years. Think SDM and Whellan were good mates.

Quite possible that MIM steel was used to build Wigan's stadium and the two got pally then. If there is some ongoing relationship between the clubs, I do wonder if Wigan will be agreeing to a play now, pay later deal, and feel reassured by the SFA's insistance that paying all football debts is a major criteria in a club being allowed continued membership of (as was the case with Hearts) the SFA, or admittance to (as was the case with TRFC) the SFA.

Wigan have been pally with Rangers for years. Think SDM and Whellan were good mates.

Yes it's been well known for years..........there have been numerous deals made between the clubs over the last 2 decades or so

Or of course you could just be spouting rubbish..............I think I know which it is.

Dalstonjambo

Yes it's been well known for years..........there have been numerous deals made between the clubs over the last 2 decades or so

Or of course you could just be spouting rubbish..............I think I know which it is.

Andy Webster....

Did Murray not sell the club shops to Whelan?

Came on to post exactly that.

The conspiracy theory rears its ugly head once more.

I guess it really does boil down to what you believe or imagine to be the truth but believing the current position re transfer dealings has anything to do with a link between the clubs given the current ownership and more importantly management of the two clubs simply clutches at straws.

Perhaps some should consider that the new manager is being given free reign to sign players and knowing the english market is simply shopping in a place he knows well and bringing in players he has a knowledge of.

The conspiracy theory rears its ugly head once more.

I guess it really does boil down to what you believe or imagine to be the truth but believing the current position re transfer dealings has anything to do with a link between the clubs given the current ownership and more importantly management of the two clubs simply clutches at straws.

Perhaps some should consider that the new manager is being given free reign to sign players and knowing the english market is simply shopping in a place he knows well and bringing in players he has a knowledge of.

I doubt there is much if any link to the transfers now. More likely that, with Wigan being relegated, these players are available when they may not have been previously.

Doesn't mean there wasn't links in the past though. I'm sure the Webster transfers were all just a coincidence.

Edited by Cigaro

I doubt there is much if any link to the transfers now. More likely that, with Wigan being relegated, these players are available when they may not have been previously.

Doesn't mean there wasn't links in the past though. I'm sure the Webster transfers were all just a coincidence.

agreed, it is just opportunism from Rangers and Tbh nothing wrong with that. They need players badly so with Wigan cutting their cloth, you buy one then ask if there is anyone else available.

Whelan handed over to his grandson who managed to fail to run a chip shop at the stadium didn't he? And Murray is gone too but I have little doubt that they worked the Webster deal to circumvent Vlads refusal to sell Webster to Rangers...

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Pardon? What exactly is it in my post that warranted the wide reply? :lol:

AllyjamboDerbyshire

Pardon? What exactly is it in my post that warranted the wide reply? :lol:

Was a bit silly to suggest that two businessmen, who both ran football clubs, could possibly have been/be pally, perhaps? What could they possibly have in common?

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Was a bit silly to suggest that two businessmen, who both ran football clubs, could possibly have been/be pally, perhaps? What could they possibly have in common?

I just stated a fact. Whelans JJB paid nearly 50 million for Rangers retail. It's not like I suggested they were in some kind of clandestine occult secret organisation. :lol:

AllyjamboDerbyshire

I just stated a fact. Whelans JJB paid nearly 50 million for Rangers retail. It's not like I suggested they were in some kind of clandestine occult secret organisation. :lol:

But don't you know that it's wrong to put 2 and 2 together and get something that could equal 4, but maybe doesn't, when discussing things that happen in and around Ibrox? The idea that two businessmen might become friends after carrying out a multi-million pound deal, or indeed, might already have been friends, must, in the world of sticking up for 'Rangers', be the equivalent of 2 and 2 equals 5 ;)

Guest Bilel Mohsni

But don't you know that it's wrong to put 2 and 2 together and get something that could equal 4, but maybe doesn't, when discussing things that happen in and around Ibrox? The idea that two businessmen might become friends after carrying out a multi-million pound deal, or indeed, might already have been friends, must, in the world of sticking up for 'Rangers', be the equivalent of 2 and 2 equals 5 ;)

I feel terrible. :D

Footballfirst

The JJB deal with Rangers may well have influenced Mike Ashley to set up the current Rangers Retail operation as it is, primarily as a method of extracting the value of the contract that was lost when first Rangers, then JJB itself, went bust.

JJB signed the 10 year deal with Rangers in 2006, with an ?18M up front payment and a royalty payment of ?3M per annum for the next 10 years.

Rangers went bust in Feb 2012, leaving JJB with almost half the contract unfulfilled, despite having handed over more than two thirds of the cash.  JJB itself was in financial difficulty and went into administration in September 2012.

Sports Direct purchased part of the failed business' assets, including 20 stores and the JJB brand in October 2012.

When did Mike Ashley actually buy into TRFC?  Yes you've guessed it, October 2012.  Now I'm sure that the TRFC deal wasn't key to SD buying the JJB assets, but I'm sure his accountants will have looked at JJB's assets (including the outstanding years of the deal with the Oldco that were lost with its liquidation) and agreed to invest in the Newco only if Charles Green would agree to Rangers Retail and the various product licences being set up in Ashley favour.   

Guest Bilel Mohsni

But you'll get over it :laugh4:

Can't see me getting a lot of sleep tonight, but tomorrow I should be starting to feel a bit better. :(

Guest Bilel Mohsni

But you'll get over it :laugh4:

Can't see me getting a lot of sleep tonight, but tomorrow I should be starting to feel a bit better. :(

• Maple Leaf locked this topic