The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

One signing Rangers have made from Hibs is now former Head of Football science and medicine Craig Flannigan.

Edited by CJGJ

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Also giving the 'we need a strong Rangers' shite, but not a word on his own side, or belief in them.

The sooner the last of these 'old school' Scottish managers die from the game, the better.

:spoton:

Daydream Believer

once you get past his really annoying writing 'style', it is very hard to argue with what he says about the SMSM and the financial plight of the rangers 

It's not just annoying though, it's so utterly abysmal that I find it hard to take him seriously as any kind of a journalist.

Hope he's right though (not that he actually comes out with any specific allegations)

once you get past his really annoying writing 'style', it is very hard to argue with what he says about the SMSM and the financial plight of the rangers 

It's not just annoying though, it's so utterly abysmal that I find it hard to take him seriously as any kind of a journalist.

Hope he's right though (not that he actually comes out with any specific allegations)

Exactly--guarantee he's never once seen a style manual in his life.

disgruntledfan

Stenographers x 2

Dave Cunningham King x 2

Dear Reader x 1

You forgot the old favourite.

Apropos x1 

" I haven?t seen Hearts but undoubtedly Rangers would be challenging for Europe which makes it pretty hard for us at Somerset Park."

Based on two League games and a diddy diddy Cup match. There is a long way to go .

If they beat Hibs at the weekend  I will concede that they will probably win the Championship. Their squad size looks rather small though. So to quote their own words wait till the injuries and suspensions kick in.

Seymour M Hersh

The bake having a spat with google eyes. All pod stuff before Sunday's game. And I'd say if it is google eyes attempt at mind games then your reaction suggests he has got to you. 

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl-lower-divisions/warburton-suggests-stubbs-keeps-his-mouth-shut-1-3863550

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

The bake having a spat with google eyes. All pod stuff before Sunday's game. And I'd say if it is google eyes attempt at mind games then your reaction suggests he has got to you.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl-lower-divisions/warburton-suggests-stubbs-keeps-his-mouth-shut-1-3863550

A bit of pressure on Warburron would be interesting.

He hasn't really had any yet.

The Mighty Thor

A bit of pressure on Warburron would be interesting.

He hasn't really had any yet.

I doubt he'll be under any this weekend facing the vermin. 

Independence

what a dick wad

This is exactly why the majority of Scottish fans dislike this Rangers as much as the previous one that was liquidated. They remain arrogant, patronising and lacking in humility. They will never learn and this Rangers will continue to be the most hates team in Scotland by fans from all countries. 

Getintaethem

Unfortunately it won't take much to win the championship, the standard has dropped even from last year. There is no team like ours to give them any major problems, indeed the teams still in the championship like Hibs, Falkirk and Queen of the South have all lost their best players. I have my doubts that they are as good as the pundits are telling us, but they're probably good enough to get promoted. If they gain promotion then Ibrox will be packed every week, they'll still not be in the best financial shape, but will in good enough health to survive. If the unexpected happens and they fail to gain promotion for a second year, then I could see another insolvency event.

Footballfirst

Fresh concerns over Mike Ashley's Rangers retail deal as Sports Direct goods figures emerge

http://m.heraldscotland.com/news/13616932.Fresh_concerns_over_Mike_Ashley_s_Rangers_retail_deal_as_Sports_Direct_goods_figures_emerge/

Just the usual spin from the Herald that the deal is unfair on Rangers.  The sales figures for SD supplies to RRL 2013/14 was ?3.843M. In 2014/15 the figure was ?3.834M, i.e. just ?9K less.  So, in spite of the  boycott, sales held up at previous years levels. 

If the club actually paid off the ?5M loan to SD to get back to a 51% share of the business, then actually started promoting sales, they could easily match the ?3M annual royalty paid under the JJB deal.

Edited by Footballfirst

Shanks said no

Evening Times carrying story

http://m.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/13616961.Fresh_concerns_over_Mike_Ashley_s_Rangers_retail_deal_as_Sports_Direct_goods_figures_emerge/

Concerns about the retail deal Rangers has with Mike Ashley have heightened after it emerged that his Sports Direct group sold nearly ?4 million of goods to club outlets in the last year.

It means that the sports firm headed by Mr Ashley, who owns 8.9% of the club plc, has taken nearly ?8 million in two years of sales to the Rangers Retail joint venture, which runs the club's entire retail and merchandise operation, including the club's Rangers Megastore.

It is understood most of that money has gone as Rangers Retail which is controlled by Mr Ashley is buying Rangers merchandise, including replica kits, gifts, polo shirts and track suits from the Ashley-controlled firm for use in club outlets.

Two years ago Rangers announced a five-year kit deal with sports brand Puma, who were according to the club the "official supplier and licensee of replica mechandise for the club". They are described by Sports Direct as a "key strategic partner" for their business.

The sales, which have caused concern amongst fans, has resulted in apparent hit in potential profits which might benefit the cash-strapped club.

The Rangers Retail set up has been a long-lasting area of controversy and at the end of last year, Rangers Supporters Trust launched an alternative shirt for fans as they took on Mr Ashley in the war over Rangers retail - and said all profits would be ploughed back into an increased shareholding in their club.

The previous 10-year licence agreement with sports retailer JJB Sports rubber stamped in 2006, was worth a minimum of ?48 million to the club.

The club got an initial payment of ?18 million when they launched an Umbro home kit and were guaranteed a minimum annual royalty of ?3million in each year of the licence.

When Rangers Retail, a joint venture between the club and Sports Direct, was confirmed by the club under then chief executive Charles Green in August 2012, it was promoted as enabling Rangers "to once again control its retail operation and give supporters the chance to buy direct from the club and in doing so, continue to invest in its future".

Latest accounts show that while Rangers Retail sales quadrupled from ?1.2 million in the year to April 2013 to ?4.8m in the year to April 2014, profits only doubled from ?434,312 to ?877,662. That is because the costs associated with the sales soared by eight times that of the previous year from ?546,656 to ?4.2 million.

Sport Direct financial papers now show that in the year to April, 2015,  ?3.834 million went to Sports Direct through sales to Rangers Retail.   The previous year it was ?3.843 million.

According to Sports Direct the group's agreements with Rangers Retail Limited and Newcastle United Football Club, amongst other football clubs, involve the provision of "procurement and warehousing services" and that sales disclosed relate to goods bought from them "at cost plus a small handling fee".

Craig Houston of the Sons of Struth fans group said it was time for things to change.

He said: "If Rangers fans were happy with deal and the split of the money then and I am quite sure fans would buy jerseys, but the split it is totally unfair.  You have to have a fair structure, and evidently it is not. 

"It is clear from the accounts that the margin is not there for Rangers.  The fans are not stupid."

A Sports Direct spokeswoman said the sales figure to the Rangers shop "covers the cost of goods and an additional small transaction fee, which covers the costs related to the additional warehousing of this merchandise.."

She also insisted Rangers sells on the stock to its customers in its shops ?and keeps all of the sales proceeds?,  a statement questions by some sources.

But Rangers International Football Club plc figures show that as working capital continued to be at issue, as of the end of December, there was ?3.2m "relating to Rangers Retail" included within the ?3.33m cash balances which was "not immediately available as working capital to the group".   Similar statements have been made in previous financial statements.

Rangers Retail remains under the control of billionaire Mr Ashley even though club chairman Dave King has now been appointed as a director.

The latest annual return newly posted for Rangers Retail Limited confirms that the Sports Direct founder and owner remains the ultimate controlling party - despite continuing efforts to renegotiate the deal.

In January Sports Direct were given a further 26 percent of shares in Rangers Retail to add to the 49 percent which was already owned by the English businessman as a condition of a ?5 million emergency loan to the club.

The new papers reveal that these have come in the form of B shares, which are seen as second-class stock in Rangers Retail, which holds rights under licence to the club's famous crests.

The documents reveal that even if the loan is paid off, Mr Ashley and Sports Direct would remain in control over all Rangers Retail financial matters.

The Rangers Retail registered office remains at Sports Direct HQ in Shirebrook, Derbyshire.

Mr King said in May that he hoped to get a commercial and retail set up at Ibrox the fans "can buy into" after he was cleared by the Scottish Football Association as 'fit and proper' to be on the board.

After indicating that he hoped concerns about the control Mr  Ashley has over the club's retail operation could be sorted out, the board got the support of shareholders at a general meeting over a month ago to decide that repaying the Mr Ashley's loan was not in the club's interests.

Shareholders also also backed the board in their bid to renegotiate the terms of agreements in place with Ashley?s retail empire.

After Mr Ashley called the June 12 meeting to call in his ?5 million, the board threatened to reveal details of the existing contracts but were prevented after Ashley won a legal injunction both north and south of the border.

Edited by godandgorgie2012

Would it not be a,question for the Scottish press why King will not pay 5m to Ashley, money that had to be paid back anyway, to improve the terms? Why not just state that as an option in any article.

Edited by Riccarton3

Evening Times carrying story

http://m.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/13616961.Fresh_concerns_over_Mike_Ashley_s_Rangers_retail_deal_as_Sports_Direct_goods_figures_emerge/

The sales, which have caused concern amongst fans, has resulted in apparent hit in potential profits which might benefit the cash-strapped club.

But I thought everything was just great down Ibrox way now that the King had returned along with his intended 'Over Investment'

Would it not be a,question for the Scottish press why King will not pay 5m to Ashley, money that had to be paid back anyway, to improve the terms? Why not just state that as an option in any article.

Bang on. This is the crux of the matter. 

King claimed to have "millions ready to plough in etc etc" but still hasn't addressed this ?5m loan. So long as the loan is outstanding, Sevco will make nothing from their retail deal. I suspect that there are more onerous contracts than the ones Mr Ashley has in place, which is why the Lying King hasn't ponied up. Just my opinion on it!

Bang on. This is the crux of the matter. 

King claimed to have "millions ready to plough in etc etc" but still hasn't addressed this ?5m loan. So long as the loan is outstanding, Sevco will make nothing from their retail deal. I suspect that there are more onerous contracts than the ones Mr Ashley has in place, which is why the Lying King hasn't ponied up. Just my opinion on it!

The only rational reason I can see for not paying the loan off - assuming they could - is if the statement in bold is only half the story.

Yes, right now, they are kippered. But what if the deal pre-loan was already such that they were stitched up. Remember, the deal was made long before the "investments" by Ashley. If the reality is that right now the deal gives them the square root of eff-all, and if they pay off the loan they get twice the square root of eff all instead, then not paying starts to make sense.

Of course, that goes against the point of structuring the loan that way, since it would indeed mean no incentive to repay, and all the Ashley suggestions have been that there is indeed an intentional incentive in the structure of the loan. And I believe the retail accounts do show profit, so there is money there, it's not been structured as a "sevco get a share of the net profit - oh noes it's all gone on costs (to MASH)"

Edited by YULhmfcfan

Chris McLaughlin?s access rights restored at Ibrox.

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/club-news/item/9984-club-statement

FOLLOWING a meeting with the BBC the media privileges of Chris McLaughlin have been reinstated.

Rangers has received assurances from the BBC that their reporting of Rangers? affairs will be balanced.

Cave in by the BBC. Obviously their bottle crashed at the thought of the lack of lamb.

FOLLOWING a meeting with the BBC the media privileges of Chris McLaughlin have been reinstated.

Rangers has received assurances from the BBC that their reporting of Rangers? affairs will be balanced.

What a feckin cheek. Why did the BBC even have a meeting to discuss this. Their charter must give them the right to report without reference or interference to or from the party or person they are reporting about.  I can just imagine the "balance" rangers are looking for, it will be from the Chick Young book of balanced reporting about rangers.

I hope that any other club in Scotland who feels hard done to will have the same opportunity for a meeting to ensure balanced reporting. 

Edited by corryjambo

Who decides what's balanced Jabba? All that's ever wanted is the truth to be reported even if it's not good.

Just the usual spin from the Herald that the deal is unfair on Rangers.  The sales figures for SD supplies to RRL 2013/14 was ?3.843M. In 2014/15 the figure was ?3.834M, i.e. just ?9K less.  So, in spite of the  boycott, sales held up at previous years levels. 

If the club actually paid off the ?5M loan to SD to get back to a 51% share of the business, then actually started promoting sales, they could easily match the ?3M annual royalty paid under the JJB deal.

:spoton:  But,but the Lying King is lieing.

Edited by Jamdub

Balanced?

:lol:

I presume Auntie Beeb won't be employing No 1 Sevco cheerleader Richard Wilson any more then? If they actually want balanced, of course...

Balanced - well I suppose that's going to be an improvement because they've never been balanced before. 

Footballfirst

The action of Law Financial against the Oldco at this point in time is not a surprise, although I do believe that it is a last gasp effort to obtain some sort of a settlement in its favour.

Law Financial is now a wholly owned subsidiary of Worthington Group (WRN ? trading currently suspended on AIM). WRN issued a statement to AIM back in March that set out some timescales by which legal action needed to be taken, otherwise outstanding loan notes would lose their value. The date set was in late September.

http://www.lse.co.uk/share-regulatory-news.asp?shareprice=WRN&ArticleCode=56gfz4d0&ArticleHeadline=Capital_Structure_Warrants_and_Loan_Stock

The relevant paragraph reads:

At the time of the interim accounts, the 20m warrants issued in relation to the Law Financial transaction had already been reduced to 13,090,378 and can now only be exercised at 10p not 5p. Furthermore, if legal proceedings with an aggregate claim value exceeding ?10m have not been commenced by the Claimants, pursuant to the Law Financial transaction, by 28th September 2015, or a settlement of ?10m has not been agreed, then half of the loan notes (?500,000) and all of the 13,090,378 warrants issued in relation to the Law Financial transaction will be cancelled. If such proceedings are commenced, or settlement has been agreed, then 3,098,378 of the 13,090,378 warrants may only be exercised six months after any successful re-listing or takeover of the Company, and the remaining 10m warrants may not be exercised until 1st January 2017 unless the share price of Worthington exceeds ?6 per share. If the Worthington share price does, at any time prior to 1st January 2017, exceed ?6 per share, then the number of warrants that can be exercised will reduce from 10m to 3m which, once the share price exceeds ?6, can then be exercised with the balance of 7m being cancelled.

The other impact of the legal action now is that King will not have received any dividend from BDO, as yet, in respect of his ?20M claim as a creditor.

Edited by Footballfirst

This was touched on ages ago. But it's now resurfaced again..

http://m.heraldscotland.com/news/13634356.Company_linked_to_Craig_Whyte_makes_claim_on___18m_oldco_Rangers_plc_creditors_pot/?ref=twtrec

Company linked to Craig Whyte makes claim on ?18m oldco Rangers plc creditors pot

A COMPANY linked to disgraced former Rangers owner Craig Whyte is making a claim against the whole of the ?18 million creditors payout pot of the liquidated club plc.

The Herald understands that Law Financial Ltd is seeking up to ?25 million saying it holds a security over Rangers oldco RFC 2012 plc. It was was first inherited by Mr Whyte when he bought the club from Sir David Murray in May 2011.

Their claim, which is expected to be strenuously challenged by the oldco liquidators, if successful, would make them the only secured creditor and first in line ahead of the taxman and ticket agency Ticketus and other unsecured debtors to take money from the pot.

The claim has meant that an interim ?10 million payout to unsecured creditors due to have been made at the end of July to the tune of around six to seven pence in every pound owed has had to be delayed.

Law Financial Ltd is now owned by the Worthington Group, an investment firm also once connected to Mr Whyte and who in October last year said would continue to stake a legal claim over Rangers business and assets.

Mr Whyte was a founding director of Law Financial, which claimed to have former Rangers newco Sevco 5088 as a subsidiary, until he was barred from being a company director in the UK for 15 years in October, last year.

Mr Whyte has always insisted that the Rangers FC Group he used to buy the club and pay off its ?18 million debt with Lloyds Banking Group ? using future season ticket sales ? inherited the bank's security over the Ibrox outfit's assets including Ibrox and Murray Park.

And he has always insisted he was the main driver behind the Sevco 5088 consortium that subsequently bought the liquidated assets of Rangers oldco for ?5.5 million in June 2012 before being transferred to a different company called Sevco Scotland, which then became The Rangers Football Club.

Mr Whyte's main argument was that former chief executive Charles Green had acted as a "front man" for him to take control of the club - through Sevco 5088.

He claimed the transfer to Sevco Scotland was illegal and Sevco 5088 remained the rightful owner of the club's assets. Mr Green has always denied he had ever been a "front man" for Mr Whyte.

In April, 2013, Worthington revealed it had been granted an option to acquire the whole of Law Financial Ltd which included Sevco 5088, which it said held a claim "independently reviewed by leading counsel...to all of the business and assets of RFC 2012 plc which were purchased by Sevco 5088 Limited or Sevco Scotland Ltd from the administrators... in June of 2012".

If the option was exercised, the group was to pay a total price of ?1m in unsecured convertible loan notes, while it would also give a third of the proceeds of any assets, claims or rights currently owned by Mr Whyte?s companies - including the legal action and the film and book rights to his story ? to him.

Worthington said at the time: "It is the position of Sevco 5088 Ltd that it is the rightful owner of the business and those assets. After examination of the evidence, leading counsel?s advice is that there is a prima facie case to answer."

Included among Law Financial's assets was the legal action instigated by Mr Whyte against Mr Green for his claim on Rangers' assets.

BDO has refused to comment on the claim and the delay.

Worthington were linked to the Jerome Pension Fund, which was involved in a legal dispute with several other parties over money seized by former oldco administrators Duff and Phelps from Mr Whyte?s former lawyers, Collyer Bristow. Worthington was claiming ?3m of pension funds in the court action "with regard to an uncompleted loan".

In November, last year, BDO said it banked ?24 million for Rangers creditors after settling the Collyer Bristow claim.

BDO confirmed that London-based Collyer Bristow had paid the settlement sum in full, bringing the total potentially available to those owed money from the collapse of the club's business at that time to ?28.9m.

Worthington Group were approached for comment.

Hmmmmm.....

It'll be interesting to see how this runs, and what, if any, substance there may be to the claims.....

.....but more importantly for Rangers is that any unresolved claim (no matter how fanciful) on the ownership of Ibrox may scupper any proposed shares issue, as potential investors will want to know exactly what assets they may own as part of their investment. :unsure:

Hmmmmm.....

It'll be interesting to see how this runs, and what, if any, substance there may be to the claims.....

.....but more importantly for Rangers is that any unresolved claim (no matter how fanciful) on the ownership of Ibrox may scupper any proposed shares issue, as potential investors will want to know exactly what assets they may own as part of their investment. :unsure:

The only potential investors are the fans groups and the existing shareholders, no one else will touch a share issue with a bargepole. There will be no share listing on any of the official uk stock markets(aim, isxdn etc). Any shares issued will be share trades through a broker only, no open market for shares. Too many people got their fingers burned in the first share offer and now they have a convicted criminal as chairman.

Their finances remain a car crash which needs wonga loans to survive.

I wonder if the worthington claim will be delayed because of the forthcoming court cases re the charles green purchase of the assets.

This will run for a while yet.

Hmmmmm.....

There is also the investment King promised, didn't he promise to invest whatever money he got from BDO in Rangers?

If Law Financial have a valid claim then the creditors pot will reduce for each creditor. 

The issue of who really owns the stadium and assets crops up every now and then, to many times IMO for there to be no substance whatsoever in the claims. 

Rangers could end these rumours today if they wanted to but have never really done so effectively, sure they've showed the deeds but the rumours still persist despite this, the question is why do they still persist.

There is also the investment King promised, didn't he promise to invest whatever money he got from BDO in Rangers?

If Law Financial have a valid claim then the creditors pot will reduce for each creditor. 

The issue of who really owns the stadium and assets crops up every now and then, to many times IMO for there to be no substance whatsoever in the claims. 

Rangers could end these rumours today if they wanted to but have never really done so effectively, sure they've showed the deeds but the rumours still persist despite this, the question is why do they still persist.

I think the deeds for ibrokes show that trfc own it, however, that doesn't mean that there isn't some other form of lock on it preventing it's sale/mortgage, perhaps some form of onerous contact perhaps put in place by the spivs which prevents anything being done with it unless they get a big payoff? just a thought.

I think the deeds for ibrokes show that trfc own it, however, that doesn't mean that there isn't some other form of lock on it preventing it's sale/mortgage, perhaps some form of onerous contact perhaps put in place by the spivs which prevents anything being done with it unless they get a big payoff? just a thought.

Correct, they have shown the deeds, but the rumours still persist, so could there be one of Charlie boy's famous hand written notes floating about, seemed to work out ok for Ahmad IIRC.

Just thinking aloud.

God his writing style is eye bleeding.

You'd think he'd do some grammar / language checks before publishing his articles. Uses the word 'subsequently' in the 4th statement from the end, when he means 'consequently'.  What he's written makes no sense.  

Yes balanced. Good on one side and nothing bad on the other. Balanced.

yes

the original complaint was about mentioning the arrests ( 2 or 4 ) for sectarian chanting in his report on the St Mirren game

climbdown from both parties

• Maple Leaf locked this topic