The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Angus Young

The JJB deal with Rangers may well have influenced Mike Ashley to set up the current Rangers Retail operation as it is, primarily as a method of extracting the value of the contract that was lost when first Rangers, then JJB itself, went bust.

JJB signed the 10 year deal with Rangers in 2006, with an ?18M up front payment and a royalty payment of ?3M per annum for the next 10 years.

Rangers went bust in Feb 2012, leaving JJB with almost half the contract unfulfilled, despite having handed over more than two thirds of the cash.  JJB itself was in financial difficulty and went into administration in September 2012.

Sports Direct purchased part of the failed business' assets, including 20 stores and the JJB brand in October 2012.

When did Mike Ashley actually buy into TRFC?  Yes you've guessed it, October 2012.  Now I'm sure that the TRFC deal wasn't key to SD buying the JJB assets, but I'm sure his accountants will have looked at JJB's assets (including the outstanding years of the deal with the Oldco that were lost with its liquidation) and agreed to invest in the Newco only if Charles Green would agree to Rangers Retail and the various product licences being set up in Ashley favour.   

this is all very confusing we need that phil guy with the strange second name to sort this out and lay it out in simpletons talk like he always does, i guess as he is a simpleton then it is easy for him.

Wigan link clear and proven then. Ashley not getting credit but I still question Charles Green and whether he was overly generous? What were Green's links to Ashley. Did they work together against Rangers interests in making the retail deal?

Jambof3tornado

Are rangers using the terry butcher/yogi inverness caley style scatter gun approach to signing potential from down south?

Not sure any of the signings will have made the hoards sit up and take notice.

Oh and for the avoidance of doubt

"They let their club die"

Hibs.net view....

Testimonial Dueavatar21419_1.gif Join Date Jan 2011 Posts 2,082

If SA was to go? I cant see SA going for anything less than 3.5m.

Given the importance to Hibs this season.

If we get promoted and he was to sign for longer and we developed him and he proves himself further, I think we would be looking for 6-8m for him.

Hibs.net view....

If we get promoted and he was to sign for longer and we developed him and he proves himself further, I think we would be looking for 6-8m for him.

Haha seen this myself when having a wee look at .net, talk about deluded, hope Rangers bid ?500,000 for him just to p*ss them off.

Edited by Mcalford

Haha seen this myself when having a wee look at .net, talk about deluded, hope Rangers bid ?500,000 for him just to p*ss them off.

Rod will be counting the shekels already. If Rangers make any offer near 500k they will sell. The seethe will be huge though!

Where is the 500k coming from?

They will need to sort out their share offering ASAP to fund the "over investment" that Lying Dave promised.

I am suprised at the EN for running with this story. Its more akin to a redtop type sell papers headline.

I for one dont believe it to be true.

:lol:

?3.5 mill for a player who played in a team that failed to get promoted from the second tier in Scottish Football, and scored something like one goal in the process.

Hibs.net view....

That has to be one of the funniest things I've ever read!

As an aside, it's absolutely wonderful that they allow these people into the community and show them how to post on the internet at the local library. 

Finally time to close this thread down?????

When Dave King came in he explained that they may have to 'over invest' this close season, in a bid to ensure automatic promotion.

Have you seen their signings so far?

If this is King 'over investing', then I'd suggest something is fundamentally wrong at Ibrox. For that reason alone, this thread should stay open.

Finally time to close this thread down?????

No way. It's got to reach page 1690 at least!

The EEN doing the weedgie press bidding for them.

No way Hibs will sell to Sevco. They might do to another team but I doubt even that.

To be entirely honest unless they have an immediate bill to pay Hibs, rightly, should risk the 'leave for nothing' scenario as opposed to weaken themselves and face an indefinite period of time in the 2nd division.

ToadKiller Dog

So ?1m for Stevie May

?500,000 starting bid for Scott Allen .

Sounds like red top nonsense .

Today's sun ran a piece linking them. The meltdown by hibs fans if they did the unthinkable & actually sold him to them would be glorious though. [emoji23]

1172e159307a13c5fb27fe7e7c6b67b7.jpg

Not even Petrie is that stupid, although the seethe would be hilarious.

I wonder if this will trigger a bit of a bidding war though.

Today's sun ran a piece linking them. The meltdown by hibs fans if they did the unthinkable & actually sold him to them would be glorious though. [emoji23]1172e159307a13c5fb27fe7e7c6b67b7.jpg

They will be storming the breeze block towers demanding a refund on the few season tickets they've managed to sell.

Unknown user

When Dave King came in he explained that they may have to 'over invest' this close season, in a bid to ensure automatic promotion.

Have you seen their signings so far?

If this is King 'over investing', then I'd suggest something is fundamentally wrong at Ibrox. For that reason alone, this thread should stay open.

TBH there's no reason any thread should be shut down unless it's getting out of control or is legally dodgy for some reason.

If you lose interest in a thread, just stop opening it - don't demand censorship to suit your tastes, censor yourself!

BangkokHearts

Selling Allan is inevitable. It is Petrie's way of punishing the supporters for buying season tickets in such... inadequate numbers.

?3.5 million for him.

:rofl:

Anything over 2 million for a non Celtic player is unlikely.

If I were Hibs i would not sell for even that. I dont know how good Allen is, but if the hype is to be believe, then selling him gives Rangers the league. 

TBH there's no reason any thread should be shut down unless it's getting out of control or is legally dodgy for some reason.

If you lose interest in a thread, just stop opening it - don't demand censorship to suit your tastes, censor yourself!

^This

If true same old story, you try to build a side in Scotland and one of the 2 erse cheeks starts to sniff around, hubz were on the cusp of utter greatness and now this.....

Fort Vallance

If true same old story, you try to build a side in Scotland and one of the 2 erse cheeks starts to sniff around, hubz were on the cusp of utter greatness and now this.....

This was their year too.

Anything over 2 million for a non Celtic player is unlikely.

If I were Hibs i would not sell for even that. I dont know how good Allen is, but if the hype is to be believe, then selling him gives Rangers the league

Not sure about that given Hibs and Allan were 21 points behind us last season and Hibs finished above Rangers.

Edited by Rudolf

If the vermin sell the most overrated player in the country to sevco they can kiss any chance of making it to the Premier league goodbye. It shows their wee team small minded attitude by selling him to a league rival. Rod must be rubbing his hands at the thought of another few thousand winging its way into his bank account though. 

That line in the Scum article "Ibrox directors will not take no for an answer"! Absolutely reeks of Level 5. Will they take no for an answer if Hibs demand ?1m? What about ?1.5m? ?2m?

The same old pish from the MSM as Sevco try and bulldoze their way around Scottish football like the good old days, laughable. Try and suggest that Hibs will submit to Rangers advances so that they eventually fold. Next it will be stories of Allan demanding to leave etc. It's exceptionally insulting.

Don't get me wrong, it's Hibs so I don't really care but if this were Hearts the Scum would still have written the same. It's as if Rangers never died...

That line in the Scum article "Ibrox directors will not take no for an answer"! Absolutely reeks of Level 5. Will they take no for an answer if Hibs demand ?1m? What about ?1.5m? ?2m?

The same old pish from the MSM as Sevco try and bulldoze their way around Scottish football like the good old days, laughable. Try and suggest that Hibs will submit to Rangers advances so that they eventually fold. Next it will be stories of Allan demanding to leave etc. It's exceptionally insulting.

Don't get me wrong, it's Hibs so I don't really care but if this were Hearts the Scum would still have written the same. It's as if Rangers never died...

Correct. It will not be them who decides. It will be Hibs.

Seymour M Hersh

They will be storming the breeze block towers demanding a refund on the few season tickets they've managed to sell.

Where's the picture of the wee glaikit hobo waving his season ticket card at one of more recent pathetic attempts at a protest when you need it?

colinmaroon

What's latest with Holt, is he still training with them?

Discussing with Hearts Development Fee of around ?70k apparently - CASH UP FRONT, I hope.

Rangers: Foderingham, Tavernier, Kiernan, Wilson, Wallace; Halliday, Law, Holt, Mckay; Templeton, Waghorn

Subs: Kelly, Zaliukas, McGregor, Walsh, Aird, Shiels, Clark, Miller,Thompson, Hardie

Rangers team versus Burnley. Holt starts.... whats our opinion of there squad building???

Unknown user

Rangers: Foderingham, Tavernier, Kiernan, Wilson, Wallace; Halliday, Law, Holt, Mckay; Templeton, Waghorn

Subs: Kelly, Zaliukas, McGregor, Walsh, Aird, Shiels, Clark, Miller,Thompson, Hardie

Rangers team versus Burnley. Holt starts.... whats our opinion of there squad building???

Impossible to say, I don't know any of their new players except Wilson

Let's face it though, they don't need to be world beaters, they just need to be better than Hibs

Edited by Smithee

Have they actually signed they new boys and holt? I've not paid any attention to them or this thread.

Discussing with Hearts Development Fee of around ?70k apparently - CASH UP FRONT, I hope.

Would have been hoping for more than that just on the basis of th charlie telfer transfer. Why wouldn't Hearts let a tribunal decide given the precedents set?

Unknown user

Would have been hoping for more than that just on the basis of th charlie telfer transfer. Why wouldn't Hearts let a tribunal decide given the precedents set?

I assume because we want a positive reputation in the eyes of the best young players in the country.

A sprat to catch a mackerel, so to speak

d2d3db4e3ff1e1345090389d9f9ec6bc.jpg

I assume because we want a positive reputation in the eyes of the best young players in the country.

A sprat to catch a mackerel, so to speak

I understand what you are saying but those players must also see what benefits they've had from Hearts in their development, which is what the fee is based on

Their match thread for the Burnley friendly is funny as ****.

They are raving about how amazing they look for about 4 pages. Danny Wilson looks phenomenal along with all the other signings.

Burnley score. Chaos.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic