The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Still....

No mention of any auditor being appointed.

No mention of any onerous contracts been renegotiated.

No mention of any NOMAD being appointed.

No mention of any date for the intended shares issue.

No mention of just how far short of their 45k season ticket tagged they are.

No mention of any cost cutting measures, to stem their losses.

No mention of when / how they will repay the ?5m Sports Direct loan.

No mention of any investment by Dave King, or anyone else.

As all these - if they ever happen - would be good news, the media would almost certainly run with the story, and as that hasn't happened, I don't think it's unreasonable to assume all these issues are still outstanding. That, in turn, suggests that the Club are still trading at a substantial loss, and must be burning through their season ticket money at a fearsome rate.

If I were one of their fans, I'd be getting increasingly worried at the time being taken to achieve the square root of zero. :unsure:

I thought I read that they were close to appointing a NOMAD? And Richard Gough was in the paper quoting 32k ST holders. Although he seemed to think that one good season in the Championship will have The Rangers selling Tavernier for ?3-4m so you probably have to take that with a pinch of salt. :lol:

And that McBoilyerheed article is terrible. Does he not even proofread them now?

....I thought I read that they were close to appointing a NOMAD? ....

King claimed he had a NOMAD lined up ready to come in if his take over was successful.....

That never worked out, and at least publicly, there's been no sign of any changes to make them any more likely to be able to appoint one now.

Big Slim Stylee

King claimed he had a NOMAD lined up ready to come in if his take over was successful.....

That never worked out, and at least publicly, there's been no sign of any changes to make them any more likely to be able to appoint one now.

I think to be fair they have no need to appoint one now as there is no intention of attempting to re-list on AIM.  They have appointed a firm as corporate advisers with the intention of listing on the rather more governance-lax ISDX.

Hmmm hardly any media circus around the announcement that D PARK of the 3bears has stepped down from the Rangers board bet he's just found out that the lying king is skint lol

Fxxx the SPFL

Hmmm hardly any media circus around the announcement that D PARK of the 3bears has stepped down from the Rangers board bet he's just found out that the lying king is skint lol

I think his son has taken his place on the board.

i wish jj was my dad

Mr Thomson's article is good but he misses a trick focusing on Speirs being denied his mutton ration for going off script,   A far more interesting story would be the BBCs failure to support Jim spence.  Or McLaughlin for being 'wan o thaim', Like the gentleman he is Mr Spence has been diplomatic about it but on the face of it it looks like a a scandal to me and I'd love to know what a proper journalist could turn up.  And as for tackling the sectarian shite, I'll be well deid before the BBC ever acknowledge that.

Fill your boots Mr Thomson...

Still....

No mention of any auditor being appointed.

No mention of any onerous contracts been renegotiated.

No mention of any NOMAD being appointed.

No mention of any date for the intended shares issue.

No mention of just how far short of their 45k season ticket tagged they are.

No mention of any cost cutting measures, to stem their losses.

No mention of when / how they will repay the ?5m Sports Direct loan.

No mention of any investment by Dave King, or anyone else.

As all these - if they ever happen - would be good news, the media would almost certainly run with the story, and as that hasn't happened, I don't think it's unreasonable to assume all these issues are still outstanding. That, in turn, suggests that the Club are still trading at a substantial loss, and must be burning through their season ticket money at a fearsome rate.

If I were one of their fans, I'd be getting increasingly worried at the time being taken to achieve the square root of zero. :unsure:

TBF they are not looking for a Nomad as they're not looking to get back on Aim. Did they not appoint an advisor for that junior market this week? Also they got a crowd of 49k tonight. Plus we all know they released 12 players at the start of the summer and I doubt they are paying half those freed up wages to the guys they got in...

Mr Thomson's article is good but he misses a trick focusing on Speirs being denied his mutton ration for going off script, A far more interesting story would be the BBCs failure to support Jim spence. Or McLaughlin for being 'wan o thaim', Like the gentleman he is Mr Spence has been diplomatic about it but on the face of it it looks like a a scandal to me and I'd love to know what a proper journalist could turn up. And as for tackling the sectarian shite, I'll be well deid before the BBC ever acknowledge that.

Fill your boots Mr Thomson...

Jim Traynor is where you can best illustrate the Scottish Media's incestuous relationship with Rangers and their successor club.

@alextomo: Further developments tomorrow in the absurd habit of FCs banning reporters and media organisations - the NUJ and SPFL are having words

:alex:

It would be superb if Rangers were forced to accept Mclaughlin and Spiers back.

Geoff Kilpatrick

It would be superb if Rangers were forced to accept Mclaughlin and Spiers back.

Why?

We've banned hacks before. It's no big deal.

Harry Palmer

Why?

Indeed.

Where's that monkey with a Scum t-shirt photo.

Mind you, banning the Scum from everywhere would just make more *****/dafties buy it.

Journos should have to pay to get in anyway - claim back as a business expense. Keep the money in the game rather than in Hector's pocket

Why?

Why? - because they have obviously annoyed enough people at Rangers to be banned (whether King or if it's Jim Traynor flexing his PR fat muscles).

Right now they think they are in charge - any move to force a Rangers climb down would be embarrassing for them.

Maybe Tray nor is just going through Graham's list of enemies. Considering it is all just supposed to be showbiz, Jim does seem to take it all very seriously.

Keef says - 'On Friday night they hit the front in the Championship promotion race with a win over St Mirren and it seems possible they will stay there until it is over.'

Well of course they did considering the Rangers v St. Mirren game was the very first game of the new season, so whoever won would top the league. 

Keef says - 

Well of course they did considering the Rangers v St. Mirren game was the very first game of the new season, so whoever won would top the league. 

He should've written "'On Friday night they hit the front in the Championship promotion race with a win over St Mirren, but don't be too impressed because it's only one game and owing to a head start they weren't up against anyone else and now they've been toppled by the mighty Raith Rovers, and it seems possible they will stay there until it is over.'

Bloody MSM, eh?

Keef says - 'On Friday night they hit the front in the Championship promotion race with a win over St Mirren and it seems possible they will stay there until it is over.'

Well of course they did considering the Rangers v St. Mirren game was the very first game of the new season, so whoever won would top the league.

Whyte's pointed scuffed shoes? Lol. Pity he didn't notice anything else about Craig Whyte. Marvelous stuff again from the Record.

Of course, Jackson may have known more than we know. Who's knows, eh?

Edited by Riccarton3

Whyte's pointed scuffed shoes? Lol. Pity he didn't notice anything else about Craig Whyte. Marvelous stuff again from the Record.

Of course, Jackson may have known more than we know. Who's knows, eh?

"He cares more about signing John Eustace than seeking justice."

Oh dear.

Well of course they did considering the Rangers v St. Mirren game was the very first game of the new season, so whoever won would top the league.

Well they did not stay long. They are joint second now.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

He should've written "'On Friday night they hit the front in the Championship promotion race with a win over St Mirren, but don't be too impressed because it's only one game and owing to a head start they weren't up against anyone else and now they've been toppled by the mighty Raith Rovers, and it seems possible they will stay there until it is over.'

Bloody MSM, eh?

Wut?

I think the boy you replied to (rightly) was pointing out that the journalist is a ****ing idiot to suggest that after one league game, there is a case talk about them staying in first place for the entire season, outside of a Rangers fanzine/forum etc. Of course he shouldn't have put what you sarcastically replied with, but that doesn't make what he did put any less fannyish.

Jeez man, you used to be much better than this Toona, the whole sycophant thing doesn't suit you at all likes.

Wut?

I think the boy you replied to (rightly) was pointing out that the journalist is a ******* idiot to suggest that after one league game, there is a case talk about them staying in first place for the entire season, outside of a Rangers fanzine/forum etc. Of course he shouldn't have put what you sarcastically replied with, but that doesn't make what he did put any less fannyish.

Jeez man, you used to be much better than this Toona, the whole sycophant thing doesn't suit you at all likes.

I agree that standard of his posts has gone down hill.

The guy behind SFM is saying that Rangers have appointed new auditors in Baker Tilly.  I haven's seen it confirmed elsewhere as yet.

http://www.bakertilly.co.uk/about/about-us.aspx

Not one of the big firms but still a significant player. They do have a Glasgow office though.

Windows will be tanned if they don't sign off on the accounts.

Also notice their website says they have a zero tolerance approach to bribery.  That could be sorely tested in the months ahead!

Edited by RobNox

tartofmidlothian

Journos should have to pay to get in anyway - claim back as a business expense. Keep the money in the game rather than in Hector's pocket

Brilliant idea. That way guys like Chick Young claim it back from public money and good guys like Jim Spence pay it out of their own pocket.

Back to the drawing board eh?

Footballfirst

The Rangers Board getting a bit touchy again

http://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/9840-board-statement

Statement on behalf of the Board of Rangers International Football Club PLC (RIFC).

As has been pointed out previously, it is not RIFC's intention to respond to every malicious falsehood directed against our Club.

Supporters will rightfully have their own view on the agendas and motivation behind such attacks. In many ways it is a sign of the progress that has been made by RIFC that such attacks have become increasingly desperate and far fetched.

Since the change in regime at RIFC in March, no remuneration has been paid to the directors of RIFC. This is the Board policy which has been agreed by every director.

This may appear strange to those who supported previous regimes where the interests of our Club were not afforded the same priority. The simple fact is that the members of RIFC's current Board place the interests of the Club and its shareholders before their own self interest.

Now let's concentrate on the football.

Statement on behalf of the Board of Rangers International Football Club PLC (RIFC).

As has been pointed out previously, it is not RIFC's intention to respond to every malicious falsehood directed against our Club.

Supporters will rightfully have their own view on the agendas and motivation behind such attacks. In many ways it is a sign of the progress that has been made by RIFC that such attacks have become increasingly desperate and far fetched.

Since the change in regime at RIFC in March, no remuneration has been paid to the directors of RIFC. This is the Board policy which has been agreed by every director.

This may appear strange to those who supported previous regimes where the interests of our Club were not afforded the same priority. The simple fact is that the members of RIFC's current Board place the interests of the Club and its shareholders before their own self interest.

Boof ... and Phil's straight back at 'em : http://www.philmacgiollabhain.ie/devilish-details/#more-6699

Walter Bishop

Traynor written all over that. 

Warburton and Rangers following Hearts lead by training at Alloa's stadium prior to this weekends match.............hope they had to pay for it as we did.

Unknown user

And the directors of TRFC?

Edit- for a professional writer, his grammar is awful!

Edited by Smithee

Warburton and Rangers following Hearts lead by training at Alloa's stadium prior to this weekends match.............hope they had to pay for it as we did.

Hope Alloa made them pay cash up front.

Didn't Sandy Easdale not take a single penny out of the club?  In fact did he not put his own money in to keep the lights on, albeit a loan but still his own money. 

Maybe the shameless lying one should stop slagging off the previous regime and actually put his hand in his pocket, just like the previous regime did on occasion.  

Happy to be put straight if I've got the Easdale fact wrong.

Didn't Sandy Easdale not take a single penny out of the club?  In fact did he not put his own money in to keep the lights on, albeit a loan but still his own money. 

Maybe the shameless lying one should stop slagging off the previous regime and actually put his hand in his pocket, just like the previous regime did on occasion.  

Happy to be put straight if I've got the Easdale fact wrong.

... confused ...

... confused ...

Well did Easdale take any money out of that club, such as a salary or some other form of remuneration?  He claimed that he hadn't.

I've heard from a friend (a Rangers fan) that they are facing a massive bill for work on Ibrox, as almost no maintenance has been carried out over the previous five or so years. This is certainly a rumour that's been circulating for some time, and has been mentioned on here before.

He believes the cost could be over ?4,000,000 required urgently just to keep Ibrox open, and possibly as much as a further ?8,000,000 to bring it fully up to standard..!

He claims that the authorities have given the club deadlines for some of the more urgent safety related work to be completed, but that to date King doesn't seem to have moved to meet these ultimatums. He also reckons this is one of the reasons they have not yet carried out their new share issue, as they cannot give potential investors the assurances they would require over the value of the ground, and future liabilities for the remedial work.

Time will tell if he's right, and if so how accurate his figures are, but I believe that what he's telling me is what he genuinely believes - and this has him really worried. :unsure:

I've heard from a friend (a Rangers fan) that they are facing a massive bill for work on Ibrox, as almost no maintenance has been carried out over the previous five or so years. This is certainly a rumour that's been circulating for some time, and has been mentioned on here before.

He believes the cost could be over ?4,000,000 required urgently just to keep Ibrox open, and possibly as much as a further ?8,000,000 to bring it fully up to standard..!

He claims that the authorities have given the club deadlines for some of the more urgent safety related work to be completed, but that to date King doesn't seem to have moved to meet these ultimatums. He also reckons this is one of the reasons they have not yet carried out their new share issue, as they cannot give potential investors the assurances they would require over the value of the ground, and future liabilities for the remedial work.

Time will tell if he's right, and if so how accurate his figures are, but I believe that what he's telling me is what he genuinely believes - and this has him really worried. :unsure:

Have read about this a few times and had it mentioned to me from a few Rangers fans I know.

If there is any truth in it, the last thing they will want is having to close stands if they are unsafe - loss of revenue at this time would be hard for them.

Have read about this a few times and had it mentioned to me from a few Rangers fans I know.

If there is any truth in it, the last thing they will want is having to close stands if they are unsafe - loss of revenue at this time would be hard for them.

Amusing for everyone else, though.

That news is giving me that warm and fuzzy feeling, let us real Jambos hope that this is true. :2thumbsup: and the lying King has to try and con his way out of this one.

tartofmidlothian

Same thing Mrs B was faced with when we were taken over.

It's a believable story, but surely those figures are fantasy.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic