The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

33,000 season ticket sales as per the Scotsman will help to pay the repair bill whatever the true figure for that is.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl-lower-divisions/rangers-season-ticket-sales-break-33k-mark-1-3861769

Ha, that won't be enough to cover their ongoing running costs, let alone anything else.

Surely season ticket money just covers the salaries bill, playing and non playing and the repayment of director loans provided to allow the club to remain solvent.

Good figures right enough.

The only problem is if they were forced to close a stand/s to complete urgent repair work.

When you have 33000 ST holders you need at least three stands open. Maybe have to rent Hampden for a season.

Hagar the Horrible

Good figures right enough.

The only problem is if they were forced to close a stand/s to complete urgent repair work.

When you have 33000 ST holders you need at least three stands open. Maybe have to rent Hampden for a season.

Have they not being paying rent for Ibrox to who actually owns the deeds?   oh just mischief making.  But it is an open secret that every regime has neglected the stadium to keep up the pretence that they are stable.    But by their own published figures it does require 31,000 paying customers to host all the fixtures and keep the lights on for both Ibrox and MP.  what that does not cover is the playing staff wage bill.    Repairs to Ibrox will always be deferred to the next regime.  They still need to repay MA ?5m and what another ?3m to the current board?  If they got rid of the onerous contracts they might just be ok.  but Ibrox does need addressed.

Footballfirst

33,000 season ticket sales as per the Scotsman will help to pay the repair bill whatever the true figure for that is.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl-lower-divisions/rangers-season-ticket-sales-break-33k-mark-1-3861769

33,000 STs will bring them in around ?8.75M, still at least ?3M short of what King was looking for (a shortfall that he promised to make up along with his co-investors)

33,000 STs will bring them in around ?8.75M, still at least ?3M short of what King was looking for (a shortfall that he promised to make up along with his co-investors)

Yes but so far this season they have had nearly 50,000 at their home matches....counting this weekend of course .

Yes but so far this season they have had nearly 50,000 at their home matches....counting this weekend of course .

They've had two competitive home matches so far this season, average crowd is, 37,412.

Footballfirst

Point taken. It will certainly help keep the lights on, but I'm not sure that their costs are, as yet, sufficiently under control to enable them to balance the books.

I happen to believe that there have already been some pretty severe cuts and that their low point for their finances will be the shown in the next set of figures, whenever they are published (it's all gone quiet on the auditors front once again - has Baker Tilly turned down the gig?)

This current year to Jun 2016 should show considerable improvement, although I suspect that they will still be losing money.

Edited by Footballfirst

Malinga the Swinga

Keep on spinning the 'good news' from Ibrox as much as you can. While 33k sounds a lot, it is thousands down on what they wanted and hoped fo, but I am sure you already knew that. Walk ups's are good while results are good, but what happens if they face unexpected bills or a few bad results? Still, as long as they can count on your, and others like you, support, I am sure they will pull through.

Malinga the Swinga

They've had two competitive home matches so far this season, average crowd is, 37,412.

In Rangers supporters language, that is almost 50k.

Keep on spinning the 'good news' from Ibrox as much as you can. While 33k sounds a lot, it is thousands down on what they wanted and hoped fo, but I am sure you already knew that. Walk ups's are good while results are good, but what happens if they face unexpected bills or a few bad results? Still, as long as they can count on your, and others like you, support, I am sure they will pull through.

Facts eh...always getting in the way of peoples hopes and dreams.

I've made a statement before and stand by it but you really need to start looking at what are more and more looking like realities in terms of a better side, crowds coming back and a better managerial team. I would love to see it fail but I also don't ignore what the current position is.

They are by no means out of the woods but they are in a better position than they were under the previous regime and pretending that is not so just seems to be the proverbial ostrich in the sand.

I've made a statement before and stand by it but you really need to start looking at what are more and more looking like realities in terms of a better side, crowds coming back and a better managerial team. I would love to see it fail but I also don't ignore what the current position is.

They are by no means out of the woods but they are in a better position than they were under the previous regime and pretending that is not so just seems to be the proverbial ostrich in the sand.

Nobody said they were in a worse position than under the previous regime but you don't know the picture financially. Yes, they have that special brand of support still there after reforming but that's no surprise. It was nurtured for over 100 years, warts and all.

Dalstonjambo

Weird you mention facts when you've ignored above what their average crowd is as opposed to the 50k you claimed?

Fwiw I agree with looking objectively rather than through bias and hope. But you need to acknowledge both sides, good and bad.

You cannot possibly know what the current position is and whether they are in a sound financial position.

You are quick to accuse others of having false hopes and dreams but your assumptions appear to be based on your hopes and dreams.

Could you also answer the person who corrected your incorrect assumption of the 50,000 crowds when in fact they are just over 37,000 or was the 50,000 guess based on facts or hopes and dreams?

As an aside I have never seen an ostrich in the sand, I have however heard of the ostrich burying its head in the sand. No doubt this little joke will have you accusing me of insulting you.

Sevco's finances are shot to pieces, they run at a monthly loss, their only income is season ticket money and walk up cash payers at games, they have virtually no retail income, they currently owe approx 9m to ashley and the 3 stooges, they also owe their parent company(RIFC) 16-20M.

Their stadium is crumbling, they are burdened by onerous contracts set up by the spivs, they are reliant on loans to get to the end of the season.

If they get promoted, the orcs will expect major spending to get them to their "rightful" place challenging smeltic, nothing else is acceptable.

In years gone by, even with full houses, they couldn't break even. They are a broken club and no amount of tinkering around the edges by the south african criminal will change that. I await the glib and shameless liars "over investment" with baited breath.....

Footballfirst

Could you also answer the person who corrected your incorrect assumption of the 50,000 crowds when in fact they are just over 37,000 or was the 50,000 guess based on facts or hopes and dreams?

I'll back up CJGJ on that point.

Ask yourself what Hearts average crowd is this season.  You might say "over 16K".  You would be correct if it was only league games that were averaged, but the average in competitive games is only just over 13K. (includes the LC game v Arbroath) 

The Rangers calculation is 49K for their one league game and 37K for their two competitive home games (includes the LC tie v Peterhead).  I'd expect their second league game at Ibrox (v Hibs on Sunday) to sell out, so a 50K average for league games is a fair call for the time being.

No doubting now that Rangers are on the right track towards recovery. The big questions will arise next summer, when fans and the likes of Hugh Keeping are demanding they build a team to take on Celtic. Then we will really see if Dave King's word is bond.

Ask yourself what Hearts average crowd is this season.  You might say "over 16K".  You would be correct if it was only league games that were averaged, but the average in competitive games is only just over 13K. (includes the LC game v Arbroath) 

The Rangers calculation is 49K for their one league game and 37K for their two competitive home games (includes the LC tie v Peterhead).  I'd expect their second league game at Ibrox (v Hibs on Sunday) to sell out, so a 50K average for league games is a fair call for the time being.

Thank you FF, I could not be bothered looking up the figures but then again I was  not the one making the claim of nearly 50,000 at every game.

Your point, as usual is well made and accurate.

Gotta laugh at the arguments over figures.

Even if work was needed I'd have no doubts that they'd spend 5-10yrs implementing improvements to spread out the cost.

Unless they get the fabled share issue I do see Rangers being financially hamstrung though. Things might not be in their favour but the fans do have their Rangers First group ready to supplement them and bail them out if asked.

I included the League Cup tie as CJGJ said "home games". If he said at their one home league game this season they had a crowd of nearly 50,000 then that would be accurate.

(Also the fact he included "this weekend" in his figures caught my attention, since they were away...)

Footballfirst

I included the League Cup tie as CJGJ said "home games". If he said at their one home league game this season they had a crowd of nearly 50,000 then that would be accurate.

(Also the fact he included "this weekend" in his figures caught my attention, since they were away...)

It's odd how people interpret language differently.  Today, or later this week, I interpret "this weekend" as the upcoming weekend, rather than the weekend just past.  If you had said it to me yesterday, I might have viewed it as the weekend past. However as Rangers were away from home at the weekend I assumed that he was referring to the game against Hibs.

Was it not rumoured that the lift system was needing to be replaced in the main stand and it was going to cost a fair amount of money to do so.

If memory serves right they couldn't just put a new lift in, as a large section of the stand was going to have to be dismantled brick by brick due to the way the original lift was built in the first place, or something like that.

I don't know how much is needing spent, but when you've not spent anything on general day to day maintenance for the last few years, the things needing done soon add up and usually cost more when you do get round to doing them.

What is not in dispute is that the stadium is in need of some repair and it will cost money to fix it.

This weekend is accurate as the away match was last weekend.

Thanks for the updated figures including cup matches FF.  Most teams do not include those cup matches in their budget as they do not know if they will be home or away and how long they would be in a cup hence I really did not even consider those matches but every little thing it seems will be queried on this thread.

I will repeat I hope it does fail but the evidence is mounting that it may not (at least to a certain point)..they have major issues still to resolve and share issues, loan repayments are only some of those but other matters have been progressing and the fans seem to be buying into this more and more. Who knows what will happen in the longer term but I suspect on field success this season will ensure crowds stay in the high 40,000's...........much as we had large crowds last season in the championship.

You can pretty much guarantee that so long as they are skooshing the league then their crowds will remain high. I'm not sure too many people know the true picture about their overall financial health and I'm guessing that's the way GASL likes it. The more opaque things are the easier it is to put a positive spin on the situation. I doubt they're going out of business but the crunch will come when they have to take on Celtic and hopefully a still strong us and Aberdeen. The glory hunting orcs will want a major trophy sooner rather than later.

However as Rangers were away from home at the weekend I assumed that he was referring to the game against Hibs.

As the game against Hibs is in the future and we don't yet know the attendance I never even considered he would be including it in the attendance figures. 

:tiny:

Always found it bizarre that this thread ran all the way through our own administration.

That aside, what's so fascinating about Rangers now?

Is there really some further impending doom for them?

I dislike Rangers, and have frequently found many of their fans objectionable, but where is this thread actually going?

Fwiw, I don't believe Rangers will ever get back to what they were, but, there has to come a time when this thread will come to a head.

It can't go on for ever.

This weekend is accurate as the away match was last weekend.

Thanks for the updated figures including cup matches FF.  Most teams do not include those cup matches in their budget as they do not know if they will be home or away and how long they would be in a cup hence I really did not even consider those matches but every little thing it seems will be queried on this thread.

I will repeat I hope it does fail but the evidence is mounting that it may not (at least to a certain point)..they have major issues still to resolve and share issues, loan repayments are only some of those but other matters have been progressing and the fans seem to be buying into this more and more. Who knows what will happen in the longer term but I suspect on field success this season will ensure crowds stay in the high 40,000's...........much as we had large crowds last season in the championship.

Sorry if your assumptions of where rangers are in terms of their finances are just not blindly accepted by everyone on this board,

As I have said previously you constantly decry people and claim they are only hoping the worst for rangers based on some hope that they have for their demise. At the same time you constantly inform us that things are improving for them under the new regime whilst producing no fiscal evidence for this. 

Do I think they will fail? I do not know but I am quite happy to think they will continue to struggle for years, because strangely enough I think this would be great for us and indeed for the better good of Scottish football.  I am sure the vast majority of football supporters in this country enjoy hugely the discomfort of this institution built on hatred and bigotry.

Won't rangers make more money with non-season ticket holders in the sold-out crowds?

I would expect them to have a reasonable season in the cup competitions, and good form is really all the fans will care about.

Edited by naeclue

As the game against Hibs is in the future and we don't yet know the attendance I never even considered he would be including it in the attendance figures. 

:tiny:

Given they have sold 48,000 tickets so far then we have a pretty accurate idea of the attendance to come this weekend.  :tiny:

Everyone has an opinion and should be encouraged to express it but I do worry that some lose perspective when discussing the topic and will not even consider that there have been changes and improvements made at least on the pitch and that the fans do seem to be buying into this.

The financial side is very much still open to question and there are a number of issues that need to be explained but again often it is how you want to interpret the current information available.

Edited by CJGJ

Is there not a major asbestos problem in the stadium? Asbestos is never easy, or cheap to remove (if it needs removed). If it was required to be removed, that would account for a fairly substantial sum but I doubt it would get close to the ?4m previously quoted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seymour M Hersh

Paper today saying they've just gone through the 33k mark for ST's. Still 12k short of the GASL's break even mark.  

And he's not praying

Given what they've had to put up with recently, and despite there still being a degree of uncertainty surrounding the club, 33k season tickets is impressive, even if not the 45k King was wanting.

Also giving the 'we need a strong Rangers' shite, but not a word on his own side, or belief in them.

The sooner the last of these 'old school' Scottish managers die from the game, the better.

Edited by Claudia

Is there not a major asbestos problem in the stadium? Asbestos is never easy, or cheap to remove (if it needs removed). If it was required to be removed, that would account for a fairly substantial sum but I doubt it would get close to the ?4m previously quoted.

I think you are correct.

That was IIRC why they couldn't just remove the old lift as the surrounding building was riddled with asbestos, hence why they would have to remove it brick by brick to take out the asbestos and also IIRC the lift gives access to the club deck, so it was a bit of a catch 22, shut the club deck and lose money or spend money on improving the access to the club deck.

The reason why they needed to replace the lift was something to do with the safety/fire certificate or something like that, so I was told.

The reason why they needed to replace the lift was something to do with the safety/fire certificate or something like that, so I was told.

They'll get a bit of flexibility just like we do.

" I haven?t seen Hearts but undoubtedly Rangers would be challenging for Europe which makes it pretty hard for us at Somerset Park."

Edited by Walrus

Agreed, however sooner or later that flexibility will be withdrawn and it will be a necessity to get the repair work done. 

" I haven?t seen Hearts but undoubtedly Rangers would be challenging for Europe which makes it pretty hard for us at Somerset Park."

McCalls a clown, I heard him say on Radio Clyde this time last year, Hearts would not sustain there current form and Rangers would win the league easily, we didn't have the quality of Boyd Miller and Templeton

Just another Rangers apologist

Also giving the 'we need a strong Rangers' shite, but not a word on his own side, or belief in them.

The sooner the last of these 'old school' Scottish managers die from the game, the better.

Sycophantic drivel. I agree, the sooner these guys are finished the better. The same attitude of going to Ibrox and Parkhead and hoping for a 0-0 draw because "it's the auld firum". Draconian attitude that for many years helped to maintain the OF at the top.

Footballfirst

Newco Rangers Season Ticket numbers

Div 3 - 2012/13 - 38,228

Div 2 - 2013/14 - 36,039

Champ - 2014/15 - 24,589

Champ - 2015/16 - 33,000

Looking at those figures, the club has still lost 3,000 on the sales achieved before the King inspired boycott.

Sevco may have 33,000 ST holders however it is way down on what the lying king said was needed and what he expected. There is no way it can be spun into a good scenario financially for them just because they have 50,000 at one league game. Those are walk ups and are NOT guaranteed every week. Next week's money is not accounted for until it's in the till. ST sales is money in the till and is used for upkeep, wages, general running costs investment etc. No business no matter who they are can Base future projections or work on what may or may not happen in terms of money still to be received or money that COULD come in. Therefore Sevco financial state is worse than what they hoped.

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk

BRAVEHEART1874

Sevco still had crowds of over 40,000 last year (before the realisation that hearts were the better team kicked in ) it will be skinto share issue time in November again no doubt ;)

I would assume the issues with the lift are to do with disabled access/egress. As they have access then they will have to maintain it, so there will be little flexibility. The only way round the disabled access is to provide the same facilities on an other level with appropriate access which will be extremely difficult I would imagine. If the lift needs replaced and it is a fairly old installation then maybe the bill will be in the millions! The asbestos will need removed as soon as any work in the area commences so it's probably the two issues (lift & asbestos) will need addressed simultaneously. Seriously makes you wonder why the venue was able to be used for Scotland internationals and Commonwealth Games!

I think it's kidology by McCall.  He knows that Rangers number one aim this season is to finally win the Petrofac/Rumbelows/challenge cup at the 4th time of asking.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic