The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

According to one informed poster on TSFM a couple of days ago, companies delisting almost always leads to liquidation.

Fingers crossed then.

that observation is true of normal businesses, but football isn't normal. King will however be able to secure ownership on the cheap. Fans, ownership? Not going to happen at sevco in anything more than a token form...

The next chapter of the embarrassment and laughing stock that is sevco has just started....

And people said there was nothing more to see here when Ashley pitched up, let alone King.

What a farce.

Glamorgan Jambo

I won't be holding my breath waiting for the likes of Keech Jackson to track down the anonymous NOMAD who passed King and Murray as fit and proper.

My prediction for the next development is that season tickets will go on sale in the next couple of weeks.

disgruntledfan

Didnt Murray say in the propaganda piece posted a few days ago that they had the Nomad in place and everything would be done in time, no need to worry, or was it just another Jedi mind trick "These are not the deeds you are looking for, move along" 

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Surprised this comment in a Herald article from the Alloa chairman, Mike Mulraney, has not been picked up more

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/switch-to-summer-football-being-seriously-looked-at.122305112

"There won't be change this summer. If Rangers don't get promoted, they don't get promoted. I remember Charles Green once talking to me about paying Alloa not to get promoted so Rangers could - what a load of rubbish. If you want to get promoted, win your games. It will always be like that."

That's a bombshell statement if true!

Footballfirst

?RANGERS interim Chairman Paul Murray has tonight released the following statement:

We tried everything within our power to have the suspension lifted but it was clear that we would have to pay a price for years of poor corporate governance and financial mismanagement since the IPO. The delisting is down solely to the actions and conduct of past regimes.

You could say the behaviour of previous directors has poisoned the well with AIM but even so we might have expected a little more understanding from certain quarters. However, I must point out that delisting will have no effect on our overall financial strategy.

The investments we expect will still be made and Rangers will be rebuilt on schedule. Be certain that this delisting, which is down entirely to the actions of previous Boards, will have no bearing on future investment.

Also, we are putting in place an extremely credible share-dealing facility which will enable shareholders to buy and sell their shares. I understand there will be some shareholders unhappy with this outcome but I am sure the vast majority of shareholders will be satisfied.

One of the platforms keen to take us is ISDX. This is an exchange that Rangers used to trade on and it is also a trading platform for Arsenal.

We will have a full platform set up by the end of May but have made arrangements to have a temporary facility operating by next Tuesday morning.

It is unfortunate our intended Nomad, who had confirmed to us that they cleared all of the individuals concerned as fit and proper, could not proceed after having conducted due diligence on the company but I want to stress again that this will not hinder our plans.?

i wish jj was my dad

Its Doncaster and Regan who are bringing Scottish Football into disrepute by sitting on their hands and tolerating this disgrace. No other club ( well apart from one) would bet away with this nonsense. There is lies and possible fraud being perpetrated before their very eyes and its having a blind eye turned to it at the ultimate expense of other properly run clubs like, dare I say it, Hibernian, and also QOS, Raith and Falkirk potentially. Why haven't those clubs made a comlaint and sought support and action

Was chatting to someone involved with Livi this morning. I don't have much time for teh club but he's an honest guy who doesn't get paid very much.

The impact of the points deduction and fines have probably sealed their fate this season. It looks at best that they will go part time but there is a real possibility that it could be much, much worse.  He wasn't missing the contrast with how the authorities are handling the blatant dodgy dealings from Ipox.

I remember graffiti in Teviot Row next to the toilet roll holder... "Social Science degrees - please take one"

Anyone able to mock the same up with "Rangers shares - please take one"?

RAngers ( as was)  delisted, just heard on sportsound, no doubt known on the thread..   oo er. 

Question for the financial experts out there...

Several disgruntled shareholders are apparently threatening legal action after SEVCO were 'delisted' from AIM... what would the outcome be if they were successful...?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Malinga the Swinga

?RANGERS interim Chairman Paul Murray has tonight released the following statement:

We tried everything within our power to have the suspension lifted but it was clear that we would have to pay a price for years of poor corporate governance and financial mismanagement since the IPO. The delisting is down solely to the actions and conduct of past regimes.

You could say the behaviour of previous directors has poisoned the well with AIM but even so we might have expected a little more understanding from certain quarters. However, I must point out that delisting will have no effect on our overall financial strategy.

The investments we expect will still be made and Rangers will be rebuilt on schedule. Be certain that this delisting, which is down entirely to the actions of previous Boards, will have no bearing on future investment.

Also, we are putting in place an extremely credible share-dealing facility which will enable shareholders to buy and sell their shares. I understand there will be some shareholders unhappy with this outcome but I am sure the vast majority of shareholders will be satisfied.

One of the platforms keen to take us is ISDX. This is an exchange that Rangers used to trade on and it is also a trading platform for Arsenal.

We will have a full platform set up by the end of May but have made arrangements to have a temporary facility operating by next Tuesday morning.

It is unfortunate our intended Nomad, who had confirmed to us that they cleared all of the individuals concerned as fit and proper, could not proceed after having conducted due diligence on the company but I want to stress again that this will not hinder our plans.?

if it rains tomorrow, I would guess that Murray and King will blame the old board for that as well. They truly are a pathetic bunch of characters. Funny how the old board could get and keep on the exchange easily.

Brick Tamland

I'm assuming Paul Murray has an honours degree in Arseholery...

"We tried everything in our power to have the suspension lifted"..... why bother if it "will have no bearing on future investment" or "will not hinder (y)our plans"?

"The delisting is down solely to the actions and conduct of past regimes"...of which you and Dave G&S King were part of no?

"The behaviour of previous directors has poisoned the well"...but not you and G&S?

"Be certain that this delisting, which is down entirely to the actions of  previous boards"... but not you and G&S?

OK, nothing to see here then lets just move on.

Arse of the highest order

"We tried everything in our power to have the suspension lifted"..... why bother if it "will have no bearing on future investment" or "will not hinder (y)our plans"?

"The delisting is down solely to the actions and conduct of past regimes"...of which you and Dave G&S King were part of no?

"The behaviour of previous directors has poisoned the well"...but not you and G&S?

"Be certain that this delisting, which is down entirely to the actions of previous boards"... but not you and G&S?

I love that word. You know which one.

The value of shares will fall - even IF there is a buyer, this is a penny share now. 

It will be harder for them to raise funds.

They now talk of a new share issue in summer, but "  a clique will become owners of the club "  Radio Scotland. 

what a flippin mess.  Oh dear.

Malinga the Swinga

And Richard Wilson's positive spin?

Arsenals shares are traded on ISDX.

listening to Richard Wilson on BBC Scotland is like listening to Chemical Ali in Iraq. Desperately trying to blame anyone but King, that if only the Nomad had backed up Rangers, then everything would have been okay. This mystery Nomad that was lined up thought all Rangers owners are fine upstanding men, if only the previous board hadn't mucked things up by causing boycotts of season tickets therefore denying Rangers of money, although something makes me think that wait, that is it, it was in fact King and co that started the boycott in the first place.

Still the current board could clear this all up by explaining why the previous board were able to get and keep a Nomad while they can't.

Sandy Easdale and those he reprents is now considering suing individuals  ( Radio Scotland)  

Sandy Sandy give us a wave,  Sandy... 

Edited by Alva-Jambo

listening to Richard Wilson on BBC Scotland is like listening to Chemical Ali in Iraq. Desperately trying to blame anyone but King, that if only the Nomad had backed up Rangers, then everything would have been okay. This mystery Nomad that was lined up thought all Rangers owners are fine upstanding men, if only the previous board hadn't mucked things up by causing boycotts of season tickets therefore denying Rangers of money, although something makes me think that wait, that is it, it was in fact King and co that started the boycott in the first place.

Still the current board could clear this all up by explaining why the previous board were able to get and keep a Nomad while they can't.

King said he had a NOMAD lined up. No matter how you dress it up, that was a lie. Lying is what he does though, as observed and confirmed by the South African legal system.

The Comedian

And so to the FPP test with the SFA. Now that the AIM fellows have run a mile where does this fit in as reading that article King was the major stumbling block for any NOMAD?

I guess that's why they are claiming they had a NOMAD but the City kicked it into touch. I doubt this NOMAD existed tbh.

He cannot be passed fit and proper now surely? Even the slight chance of that must have gone.

And Richard Wilson's positive spin?

Arsenals shares are traded on ISDX.

Are those the Arsenal shares that Rangers sold? :ph34r:

Getintaethem

Murray's statement reads like a jilted lover, think the NOMAD has been saying to him "It's not you, it's me.", the AIMS market have been saying "It just doesn't feel the same anymore." and King has left him with the keys to the Big Hoose but no way to pay the mortgage.

Good luck Paul, blaming Ashley and co. will only keep even the most intellectually challenged Orc quiet for a little while, your problems are only just beginning.

Glamorgan Jambo

The logical step would be to release the name of the NOMAD along with a few supporting comments from them to give a bit of independent verification to this statement.

If they've been removed from AIM I can't see ISDX being interested.

Phil D. Corners

This is Armageddon, the AIM market needs a strong rangers.

Armageddon for the stock exchange probably. No way they'll survive withoot the Gers, naw?

Phil D. Corners

"Be certain that this delisting, which is down entirely to the actions of  previous boards"... but not you and G&S?

Let's not forget the previous board had a NOMAD.

I believe the former NOMAD stuck around as Ashely was backing the club with something called money which the new board can't seem to do.

Surprised this comment in a Herald article from the Alloa chairman, Mike Mulraney, has not been picked up more

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/switch-to-summer-football-being-seriously-looked-at.122305112

"There won't be change this summer. If Rangers don't get promoted, they don't get promoted. I remember Charles Green once talking to me about paying Alloa not to get promoted so Rangers could - what a load of rubbish. If you want to get promoted, win your games. It will always be like that."

Thats unbelievable (in a normal world!).

What is even more incredible is that 'little' comment comes at the end of an article about something completely different like its a non important anecdote.

The guy has just lifted the lid on attempted corruption and fixing in Scottish Football!

It just so happens the question posed for fixing on this occasion was given a "No" but how many times will the answer have been "Yes"?

This reminds me of the "prepare three envelopes" story:

The story of three envelopes is a business classic for dysfunctional organizations.

It starts with an incoming manager replacing a recently fired outgoing manager. On his way out, the outgoing manager hands the new manager three envelopes and remarks, "when things get tough, open these one at a time."

About three months goes by and things start to get rough. The manager opens his drawer where he keeps the three envelopes and opens #1. It reads: "Blame your predecessor." So he does and it works like a charm.

Another three months passes and things are growing difficult again so the manger figures to try #2. It reads, "reorganize." Again, his predecessor's advice works like magic.

Finally, about nine months into the new job, things are getting really sticky. The manager figures it worked before, why not try again. So he opens the envelope drawer one last time and opens #3. It reads..."prepare three envelopes."

http://wikibon.org/wiki/v/Prepare_three_envelopes

Brilliant stuff!! Made me laugh this post. Sums it up perfectly.

disgruntledfan

Thats unbelievable (in a normal world!).

What is even more incredible is that 'little' comment comes at the end of an article about something completely different like its a non important anecdote.

The guy has just lifted the lid on attempted corruption and fixing in Scottish Football!

It just so happens the question posed for fixing on this occasion was given a "No" but how many times will the answer have been "Yes"?

You have to imagine that the SFA, SPFL and maye UEFA cannot ignore a chairman basically telling that Rangers are trying to rig games and offer bribes. I would imagine it would take UEFA to step in though as out authorities bow at the alter of Ibrokes

Here is a serious question. I know all the usual answers, but wondered if there are actually any positive ones...

When Paul Murray talks getting back to Rangers "traditional values", what does he mean? Are there admirable values somewhere in old Rangers past, or is the club founded and steeped in hate, bigotry and sectarianism?

You have to imagine that the SFA, SPFL and maye UEFA cannot ignore a chairman basically telling that Rangers are trying to rig games and offer bribes. I would imagine it would take UEFA to step in though as out authorities bow at the alter of Ibrokes

They will probably fine the Alloa chairman and deduct points from them.

Seriously though, the continued silence from the clowns at Hampden, whilst "Rangers" make a laughing stock of the game here is completely unacceptable.

disgruntledfan

Seriously though, the continued silence from the clowns at Hampden, whilst "Rangers" make a laughing stock of the game here is completely unacceptable.

That was my first thought that he will be charged for bringing the game into disrepute.

Here is a serious question. I know all the usual answers, but wondered if there are actually any positive ones...

When Paul Murray talks getting back to Rangers "traditional values", what does he mean? Are there admirable values somewhere in old Rangers past, or is the club founded and steeped in hate, bigotry and sectarianism?

Perhaps he's going to go back to the banning of long hair and moustaches on the players, the manager will have to wear a suit to training etc... Things like that make a difference, you know!

Let's not forget the previous board had a NOMAD.

I believe the former NOMAD stuck around as Ashely was backing the club with something called money which the new board can't seem to do.

This , in spades.

It was King who caused the car crash by firstly organizing a ST boycott that starved the club of cash and he then sought the EGM at which he plainly stated he would sack the current NOMAD and appoint another one immediately.

It is King who has brought the club to it's knees and not MA or the Easdales.

I look forward to reading this is in the Glasgow media tomorrow.

Edit - the one thing I forgot , that still doesn't make sense. Easdale could have used his proxies to vote against King at the EGM but he didn't and so King won the day and swept to power. So for Murray to slag him off now is a bit rich.

Edited by 269miles

As has been stated part of the financial mess they are now in is due to the season ticket boycot of the newly installed board, King in particular.

Another part of it is because the current board kicked out the most creditworthy of lenders of last resort.

Surely even the thickest (a low bar) Rangers fan isn't dalling for this?

Edited by Jammy T

:4_1_72:

But, Mike Ashley has saved Rangers....

:rofl:  :rofl:

Some of the above is fair comment..........some is total rubbish... more a wish list than a reality as many posters on this thread are prone to do.

Whilst we decry many 'Rangers' fans for thinking this is Christmas many on here need to take a step back for they are equally living in a fantasy land of what might happen.

For example if we can do it in terms of playing squad with a far smaller budget than will be available to the new manager at Rangers then there is no reason (if they have a competent manager) why they will not get promoted next season (if they do not go up this season).

The talk of King having little in the way of spare cash is I believe simply a pipe dream..he has on the board and in the background wealthy fans never mind the fact that he does, despite some posters thoughts, have funds of his own.

He paid ?44 million 'back tax' in his long running battle and funny enough made that all back on paper in 3 months after shares in his current business soared when the deal was announced.

The stock market issue will be resolved fairly quickly with the appointment of a new nomad and another 'fact' as others seem to want to tell us will suddenly be no more.

There needs to be a new sense of realism applied this thread given the events of the last 48 hours.

Of course there are issues but whilst I do not share his view of 2nd in Scotland in two years ( I mean they don't even know what league they will be in next season) they can rebuild and would be favourites to come up next season.

If they are promoted or stay down then much of what will happen depends upon just how well the club will be run in terms of the appointments to be made re manager, scout(s),  DOF if one is appointed and players signed.

A lot of IF's but certainly better than the situation with Ashley running things.

We are a prime example of how with the right appointments progress can be made quickly.............will the right appointments and signings be made ?..........now that is open to debate.

That worked out well didn't it,

I think it would take a mass complaint from ALL the "Diddy Clubs" chair persons............very few have the backbone to criticise der hun..........unfortunately!

Perhaps the fans need to colectively urge this, as we did when our " authorities" tried to shoehorn sevco into the SPFL?

Edited by jamboruss

Didnt Murray say in the propaganda piece posted a few days ago that they had the Nomad in place and everything would be done in time, no need to worry, or was it just another Jedi mind trick "These are not the deeds you are looking for, move along" 

brilliant

This , in spades.

It was King who caused the car crash by firstly organizing a ST boycott that starved the club of cash and he then sought the EGM at which he plainly stated he would sack the current NOMAD and appoint another one immediately.

It is King who has brought the club to it's knees and not MA or the Easdales.

I look forward to reading this is in the Glasgow media tomorrow.

Edit - the one thing I forgot , that still doesn't make sense. Easdale could have used his proxies to vote against King at the EGM but he didn't and so King won the day and swept to power. So for Murray to slag him off now is a bit rich.

Some of easdales proxies decided vote for king at the egm.

Some of easdales proxies decided vote for king at the egm.

Were Easdale and his proxies lied to? Promises of money, nomads, the world, nothing has transpired so far other than more drip feed loans and humiliation. I believe there are now complaints lodge against King and the three Bears.

Sheer comedy gold from sevco. You really do have to be a complete shambles of a company to a) get kicked off AIM and B) Get more complaints than any other company on AIM in the last year.

Anyway, back to business, re the NOMAD, they resigned because they believed that the liar king was not a fit and proper person to be running sevco, so as soon as it was clear he had won, they resigned, simple as that. They believed they had no option. Anyway, it didn't matter because the glib and shameless one had a new NOMAD lined up, as he told everyone he did.

So, lots of shareholders vote for dave because he stated he had another NOMAD lined up, turns out he was glibly and shamelessly lying, who would have thought he would do that.....So grounds for legal action there as shareholders can no longer sell their shares.

Secondly, he openly encouraged fans to starve out the last board by not buying season tickets. possible grounds for legal action by shareholders again.

I see a lot of people thinking that as they have been delisted, king can do what he likes, not so, they are still a public limited company and as such have to abide by company law relating to limited companies, it's just that now they do not have a stock market to inform. King would only have free reign to do almost anything he wants if the company becomes private which requires a shareholder vote.

So much for transparency in the new regime!! Mini me looks like a rabbit caught in the headlights. I suspect the 3 stooges are not very happy as they are carrying the can for this omnishambles as king is not on the board and therefore isn't responsible for ensuring sevco are a going concern.

This will get very messy.

Shanks said no

The Arsenal comparison is utter nonsense. Arsenal shares are on the ISDX because they are so rarely traded. There is no need for them to be on the FTSE or AIM.

There are only around 62,000 shares and they sell for about ?16,000 each. A slightly different ball game from The Rangers, but the MSM will spin because they always spin for Rangers.

Geoff Kilpatrick

The furious backtracking from Paul Murray is hilarious!

As The Comedian said though, it is all about the FPP test for King now.

The Arsenal comparison is utter nonsense. Arsenal shares are on the ISDX because they are so rarely traded. There is no need for them to be on the FTSE or AIM.

There are only around 62,000 shares and they sell for about ?16,000 each. A slightly different ball game from The Rangers, but the MSM will spin because they always spin for Rangers.

Well said Sir. They line peddled by Wilson on Sportsound was exactly this. Shocking misrepresentation of the reasons for trading on ISDX.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic