The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Angus Young

Think the last number he quoted was 10m, if someone else puts in 10m. But he is a glib and shameless liar, he's probably storing his cash in the same place as his NOMAD.

Yes it was and he started of by initially declaring he had 40 million to put in however each time he is asked the figure gets smaller and smaller and we are now at the point that the MSM Is not even asking him how much he is prepared to invest.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

They are panicking big time.

New players need time to gel with the rest of their team males.

More money thrown away lol

They can't sign anyone for this season regardless.

Paul Murray is starting to sound like a Tory mp....it's no our fault, it's was thame

Let's get them pumped on Sunday good and proper

You mean any MP? They are all the same buddy. It is always everyone else's fault - Tory, labour or SNP

Can sevco be promoted if they make the playoffs and then go into admin?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hagar the Horrible

A Rangers mate who has in all fairness been ITK in the past claimed earlier this week (well boasted) that King would be made a FPP and the NOMAD would be appointed and King then would be cleared to be a director? I think he got it leaked to him that King would pass the FPP by the so called NOMAD which he knew would not be questioned as the NOMAD was never going to represent them, so they can claim what they want, and regardless he still has to go to court in this country to prove that? I don't know if a date has been set for a hearing or not?

G

Would it be beneath them if they won promotion via the play-offs THEN went into admin, hence having a -25 penalty but back playing in the SPL?

Would it be beneath them if they won promotion via the play-offs THEN went into admin, hence having a -25 penalty but back playing in the SPL?

Possible but it would of course mean relegation as they would not be able to muster enough points to overcome the 25 point deduction.

I therefore predict that if they do as you suggest above they will only be deducted 15 points as the SFA/SPFL will deem them a new club, just to give them a little help. They may just be able to get over this smaller adjustment.

Possible but it would of course mean relegation as they would not be able to muster enough points to overcome the 25 point deduction.

I therefore predict that if they do as you suggest above they will only be deducted 15 points as the SFA/SPFL will deem them a new club, just to give them a little help. They may just be able to get over this smaller adjustment.

But Doncaster is already on record stating that Rangers are the same club, citing the LNS ruling.  So he couldn't possibly back track, could he?

Also, the Orcs couldn't possibly accept the lesser sanction, as it would mean they were admitting to being a new club, and the 5 stars will have to be removed from the badge that Ashley owns.

I'm not sure, that would be the SFA/SPFL's worst nightmare, the rules re points deductions are (relatively) simple, they are deducted in from your current points if the season hasn't ended and you start on minus the following season if you go into admin after the season has ended, however, there would be howls of cheaterurz if they went into admin after league season ended and playoffs had commenced.

Nope, it would definitely be 25 points as sfa/spfl have consistently said they are the same team quoting LNS.

But Doncaster is already on record stating that Rangers are the same club, citing the LNS ruling.  So he couldn't possibly back track, could he?

Also, the Orcs couldn't possibly accept the lesser sanction, as it would mean they were admitting to being a new club, and the 5 stars will have to be removed from the badge that Ashley owns.

This, everyone except the orcs, sfa & spfl KNOW they are not the same team, however, if they go into admin, they would have to bite the bullet and accept the 25point deduction or they would be admitting they are not the same team.

A Rangers mate who has in all fairness been ITK in the past claimed earlier this week (well boasted) that King would be made a FPP and the NOMAD would be appointed and King then would be cleared to be a director? I think he got it leaked to him that King would pass the FPP by the so called NOMAD which he knew would not be questioned as the NOMAD was never going to represent them, so they can claim what they want, and regardless he still has to go to court in this country to prove that? I don't know if a date has been set for a hearing or not?

G

There are 3 pieces to the glib and shameless one being a FPP 1) SFA 2) NOMAD and 3) the most important one - he has to apply to court to be a director(due to insolvency law re rangers in liquidation and he was a director) and it is no3 which is the most important, if he fails no3 then he wont be a director simple as that as he would be breaking the law.

He can pass 3 and still fail 1 and/or 2 as there is different criteria involved but if he fails 3 then he is out.

So when your mate states anything re FPP he can't possibly be talking about no3 as court hasn't ruled yet, he may have heard about 1 or 2 but certainly not 3.

Dutchmul

I'm not sure, that would be the SFA/SPFL's worst nightmare, the rules re points deductions are (relatively) simple, they are deducted in from your current points if the season hasn't ended and you start on minus the following season if you go into admin after the season has ended, however, there would be howls of cheaterurz if they went into admin after league season ended and playoffs had commenced.

My take on things is that the league season ends on 2nd May, if Rangers were to go into admin after this date, while the play-offs were taking place, then any points deduction would carry forward to next season.

I'm sure he could find a way.

Trifc & JP Jenkins. da8a40ee960bc648912a05944182fa6c.jpg

Hope Mr Jenkins fore names are John Paul - now that would cause a considerable seethe on Bears Pit.

Seymour M Hersh

Trifc & JP Jenkins.

da8a40ee960bc648912a05944182fa6c.jpg

Ok, well done for cutting & pasting something. But would you like to explain what it means, if anything? Ta.

Dutchmul

My take on things is that the league season ends on 2nd May, if Rangers were to go into admin after this date, while the play-offs were taking place, then any points deduction would carry forward to next season.

I always thought the League officially end in June.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Ok, well done for cutting & pasting something. But would you like to explain what it means, if anything? Ta.

That would be a first

I always thought the League officially end in June.

When it was rumoured we were considering going in to admin ahead of the end of season 2012/13 if we could get 15 clear points ahead of Dundee, our last game was on Saturday 18th May, (1-1 draw with Aberdeen) with official season ending on close Monday 20th.

There was another round of SPL fixtures on the Sunday but the Premiership Play Offs hadn't been introdced.

I'm assuming it's not earth shattering and refers to the club/company statement of 02 April -

The Board is in the process of evaluating the merits of each platform and anticipates reaching a decision and commencing arrangements for a listing over the next few weeks. Both of these platforms will allow shareholders to trade their Ordinary Shares in a transparent manner.

Until a listing on one of these platforms can be achieved, the Company has put in place arrangements to allow shareholders access to a matched bargain trading facility with JP Jenkins. JP Jenkins was a founding member of the AIM and Ofex markets. JP Jenkins already has a football connection, as Millwall's shares are traded through their facility. Further information on the JP Jenkins service is set out below.

Will they qualify?

Criteria required for an ISDX listing

Appoint and retain an ICAP Securities & Derivatives Exchange Corporate Adviser at all times

Demonstrate appropriate levels of corporate governance including having at least one independent non-executive director

Have published audited financial reports no more than nine months prior to the date of admission to trading

Have at least 12 months? working capital

Have no restrictions on the transferability of shares

Issue shares which are eligible for electronic settlement.

Will they qualify?

Criteria required for an ISDX listing

Appoint and retain an ICAP Securities & Derivatives Exchange Corporate Adviser at all times

Demonstrate appropriate levels of corporate governance including having at least one independent non-executive director

Have published audited financial reports no more than nine months prior to the date of admission to trading

Have at least 12 months? working capital

Have no restrictions on the transferability of shares

Issue shares which are eligible for electronic settlement.

Only if they are glib & shameless enough!

Jambof3tornado

12 months working capital actually sitting in an account or is the word of the 3 bears good enough?

12 months working capital actually sitting in an account or is the word of the 3 bears good enough?

I can't see any business having that amount of money just sitting in an account. :unsure:

Jambof3tornado

I can't see any business having that amount of money just sitting in an account. :unsure:

So more personal guarentees?

So more personal guarentees?

....or sight of a feasible business plan?

I've no idea how they would actually determine who met the criteria for a year's working capital..? :unsure:

DAVE KING has today released the following statement:

"I am delighted that at a Court of Session hearing this morning before Lord Woolman my application to become a Director of Rangers International Football Club PLC was granted. Today's decision has removed the final legal hurdle for me to take up my role on the Board following the overwhelming mandate at the General Meeting.

"The previous Board had raised a little known legal provision stating that because I was a Director of Rangers Oldco within 12 months of its liquidation that I must obtain Court sanction before becoming a Director of RIFC because the word ?Rangers? is in both company names.

"A Court would not grant leave to an applicant unless it is satisfied that the circumstances warrant such approval. Any affected party, eg the liquidator or an aggrieved creditor of the previous company, has the right to be heard at such a hearing.

"The liquidation of Rangers Oldco and the formation of Rangers Newco were not conducted clandestinely but in the full glare of publicity. However, being aware of the provision I sought leave of the Court to accept my Board appointment.

"Hopefully, this endorsement will also provide the SFA with additional comfort to complete its consideration of my fit and proper status. All Rangers supporters have suffered from the failure of full and proper corporate governance over the last 4 years. I am anxious to play my part in ensuring that this is comprehensively remedied for present and future generations of Rangers supporters.  

"I have fully co-operated with the SFA over the last few weeks and thank them for the care and attention with which they have undertaken this task. I must be the most scrutinised candidate in Scottish football history but accept this as being preferable to the lack of scrutiny that has been the case in Rangers recent past - and possibly other clubs. I hope that matters can be swiftly concluded now that, with the permission of the Court, I can take up my role as a Director of RIFC.

"I also take this opportunity to confirm to all Rangers supporters and shareholders that, despite the ill-informed commentary on the subject, the loss of the AIM listing was all to do with the prior Rangers Board and nothing to do with the current Board. It is clear to me that the AIM regulator simply lost patience with the embarrassment that the company has been to AIM since it was listed.

"The Board is currently exploring options that I believe will be a better solution, both short and long term, for the trading of the company?s shares and that will provide a more conducive environment for the rebuilding of the club - both on and off the field.

"Finally, although standing back from the Board to respect the processes of the authorities this has allowed me time to review some of the commercial transactions and arrangements that have been concluded by the club over the last few years. This is a process that will continue to be undertaken in a structured and professional manner and in the appropriate forum. Previous Boards, unfortunately, leaked and debated board and shareholder issues in the media to the point that Boardroom issues often took up more media space than the football team - hence contributing to the AIM rejection.

"That was a function of poor governance and lack of leadership at Board level and is something I promised to rectify when speaking in the run up to the General Meeting. Fans and shareholders can continue to be comforted that, despite the lack of comment in the public arena, those individuals who are deemed responsible for failure to protect the company?s interests will be held accountable. However, announcements in that regard will be made only after due process has been concluded."

Edited by ritchies75

@STVGrant: The Court of Session hasn't ruled Dave King is "fit and proper". It has ruled he is clear to be a director, satisfying the insolvency act.

Glamorgan Jambo

Almost spat my coffee out when the phrase 'little known legal provision' came out.

It's part of the Insolvency Act and has been for many many years.

Loads of other instances of downright spin and dissembly in this 'Traynoresque' statement.

Almost spat my coffee out when the phrase 'little known legal provision' came out.

It's part of the Insolvency Act and has been for many many years.

Loads of other instances of downright spin and dissembly in this 'Traynoresque' statement.

I am a million miles away from being an expert, and I knew about it.

@STVGrant: The Court of Session hasn't ruled Dave King is "fit and proper". It has ruled he is clear to be a director, satisfying the insolvency act.

Keith Jackson furiously deleting previous tweet and rapidly losing erectile function........

Diadora Van Basten

It's amazing how rules can be ignored when it comes to RFC.

No wonder Rangers fans refer to other teams as diddy teams as they seem to be immune to the rules.

Good for King.

Now the simple matters of the SFA breaking their own rules under 'board discretion' and King to pony up ?50m as promised.

This "listing" was in place the day after the announcement of the AIM delisting (I looked at the page at that time). It lists RIFC as being on the Secondary Market and also shows RIFC's AIM historical price data, leading to the conclusion that this isn't showing an official ISDX Main or Growth Market listing, merely indicating that AIM-listed RIFC shares were also traded through ISDX as a simple trading venue. More significantly, RIFC is not listed as a new applicant to the ISDX (http://www.isdx.com/forinvestors/newapplications/default.aspx).

Good. One more excuse for not ponying up removed....

maroonlegions

Corruption and politics go hand in hand it seems now for the SFA to make a mockery of the rules.These c**** are going to break every rule and get away with it and all the other clubs sit back and take it up the sun don't shine.

Good for King.Now the simple matters of the SFA breaking their own rules under 'board discretion' and King to pony up ?50m as promised.

Which specific rule would they have to break to allow him to be SFA approved. I am only aware of the one where the club themselves have to give assurances re fit and proper persons having control. There is no test and no criteria to pass or there didn't use to be. If there is a process and a test and a criteria now what exactly does it entail ?

maroonlegions

Which specific rule would they have to break to allow him to be SFA approved. I am only aware of the one where the club themselves have to give assurances re fit and proper persons having control. There is no test and no criteria to pass or there didn't use to be. If there is a process and a test and a criteria now what exactly does it entail ?

Simples, if you have been involved in criminal activity and have a criminal record for it then you should not be let near a football club in any form of a  director role at all. Well thats the sane and fair way but we are dealing with two corrupt and poisonous institutions such as NEWCO and the SFA.

Is this a final decision, or can it still be challenged or appealed by someone..? :unsure:

I'm astonished that the Court of Session has reached this decision. Here we have a man recently convicted of serious tax evasion branded a liar by a Judge albeit in an other country. He was also involved in a failed company 3 years ago but the court are happy that the customers of a company in which he will direct their path forward is free to take up that role. The Court are IMO failing to protect the people they are supposed too.

I'm astonished that the Court of Session has reached this decision. Here we have a man recently convicted of serious tax evasion branded a liar by a Judge albeit in an other country. He was also involved in a failed company 3 years ago but the court are happy that the customers of a company in which he will direct their path forward is free to take up that role. The Court are IMO failing to protect the people they are supposed too.

Are the Court of Session there to protect people in a case like this, or are they just there to prevent Directors deliberately using insolvency events and/or Phoenix companies for their own gain..? :unsure: Edited by The Gasman

Seymour M Hersh

The decision seems to only pertain to the "little known legal provision" regarding being a director of a failed/liquidated company and being able to be a director again within a set period. I don't think it's got anything to do with South African Tax or his general suitability to be a director. Of course this will no doubt give the GFA the green light to okay the crook which is what they've been desperate to do.

Are the Court of Session there to protect people in a case like this, or are they just there to prevent Directors deliberately using insolvency events and/or Phoenix companies for their own gain..? :unsure:

Good question the Outer House hears (in this instance) applications from King and should apply the regulations to his appeal. (I'm not sure it has). However if an appeal is lodged via the Inner House they may over turn it. It would be interesting to read what grounds formed the Judges decision.

Edited by Dannie Boy

The Comedian

still needs to pass sfa "fit and proper" though doesn't he?

:rofl:

He'll drive a coach and horses through their poxy rule book.

:rofl:

He'll drive a coach and horses through their poxy rule book.

true but that will open the flood gates for every other chancer to take over a Scottish club including ones who are banned already

• Maple Leaf locked this topic