The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

How good would it be if MA Appointed chuckles as one of his nominated 2 On the board :10900:http://www.ibroxnoise.co.uk/2015/03/rangers-cant-stop-charles-green.html?

I don't think MA plays games, is interested in point scoring, or cares about the politics of it all - he'll just do what he thinks is best for Sports Direct, and to hell with the rest of them, and their opinions and feelings.

Maybe Nicky Law would have been better off asking why Sevco are the most hated club in Scotland? No matter what the SFA or SPFL get lawyers to say for them, the fans know the TRUTH. Their old club cheated their way to league titles by paying players EBT's and by using this "sporting advantage" attracted players that otherwise would have gone elsewhere. Make no mistake about this - players view clubs as a JOB - and Law, like Sandaza, Kyle, Black, Zal, Temps and the rest moved to Sevco due to the huge wages on offer.

Fans in Scotland might have welcomed them back if it appeared that they had learned their lesson, but what did they do when they jumped the queue and were "invited" into division 3 (not relegated as some Sevconians seem to think) - start hoovering up top flight players and paying them buckets of cash. Why? Because they are ENTITLED to seems to be the argument. And it's that attitude that grates with all other fans.

If only some Sevco fans could remember back when the league was competitive with Rangers, Celtic, Aberdeen, Dundee Utd, Hearts and Hibs all having strong sides before Souness joined and Scottish football went into a tailspin that appears to have taken 30 years to recover from. Maybe, just maybe, TV companies would pay good money to cover a league like that?

Hearts players have had to put up with Rangers fan dans talking shite all season, from Fraser Aird to Darren McGregor to Barry Ferguson and back again. Injuries, Suspensions and dropped points (oh my)

They have every right to join in the celebrations bending it right up them, get over yourself Nicky Law

It's going to be interesting to see what happens re season tickets for Rangers.  They seem to be living hand to mouth at the moment, will the numbers return?

A lot of Rangers fans seem to be looking for a sugar daddy to pile in with tons of cash, or at least mop up the mess that was left behind.

Bill Miller was potentially the guy Rangers really needed:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17996474

"

Jon Pritchett, chief executive of Club 9 Sports, had been advising Miller and revealed that the American businessman had received "vitriolic" emails from fans.

"There are big legacy costs as a result of doing things poorly over a number of years, structural and commercial problems," Pritchett explained.

"It would be a hard time turning things around and implementing structural changes and discipline. Such changes would have made Bill very unpopular given the way things have operated.

"Even after Bill announced his austerity measures last week there were people within the club asking how much money was available to be spent. It would take a fairly large amount of money to keep it from dying."

The club needs an honest broker.  To me, Miller looks like the only one in this sorry tail that comes remotely close to fitting the bill.  Think they missed their chance. Have seen zero action to correct the point in bold. 

CF11JamTart

Maybe Nicky Law would have been better off asking why Sevco are the most hated club in Scotland? No matter what the SFA or SPFL get lawyers to say for them, the fans know the TRUTH. Their old club cheated their way to league titles by paying players EBT's and by using this "sporting advantage" attracted players that otherwise would have gone elsewhere. Make no mistake about this - players view clubs as a JOB - and Law, like Sandaza, Kyle, Black, Zal, Temps and the rest moved to Sevco due to the huge wages on offer.

Fans in Scotland might have welcomed them back if it appeared that they had learned their lesson, but what did they do when they jumped the queue and were "invited" into division 3 (not relegated as some Sevconians seem to think) - start hoovering up top flight players and paying them buckets of cash. Why? Because they are ENTITLED to seems to be the argument. And it's that attitude that grates with all other fans.

If only some Sevco fans could remember back when the league was competitive with Rangers, Celtic, Aberdeen, Dundee Utd, Hearts and Hibs all having strong sides before Souness joined and Scottish football went into a tailspin that appears to have taken 30 years to recover from. Maybe, just maybe, TV companies would pay good money to cover a league like that?

Great post. That's pretty much where my heads is at.

In particular the bit about entitlement. Presumably any Rangers fan younger than 40 does remember the seasons when they were also-rans.

And it grinds my gears every time the comment about them having been relegated gets raised in the media.

They won't get a new Nomad. They'll delist,saving ?300k-500k pa and try to do crowd-funding instead imo

If I was an Antipodean based Ulster-man I would possibly describe that as absolute nonsense, but as I am neither I'll just ask if you can back that figure up with any evidence? 

My quick check yesterday afternoon makes me think their AIM listing annual fee would be less than ?10,000 pa. 

Possibly add the cost of the NOMAD and maybe extra accountancy and accounts publishing, but you should still be nowhere near ?100k, never mind 5 times that. 

If I was an Antipodean based Ulster-man I would possibly describe that as absolute nonsense, but as I am neither I'll just ask if you can back that figure up with any evidence? 

My quick check yesterday afternoon makes me think their AIM listing annual fee would be less than ?10,000 pa. 

Possibly add the cost of the NOMAD and maybe extra accountancy and accounts publishing, but you should still be nowhere near ?100k, never mind 5 times that.

I work in the finance department of an Aim-listed PLC

Rangers in blunderland Again!   1-1    ( both they and Hibs presently drawing)  

I work in the finance department of an Aim-listed PLC

Then you'll know that annual fees are ?6050.00 per annum.

So where does the extra ?293,000.00 come from?

Then you'll know that annual fees are ?6050.00 per annum.

So where does the extra ?293,000.00 come from?

fees are tiny but to be listed you are pretty much forced to have a Big 4 auditor, so that's about 100k for audit, then you have tax c40k, consultancy ???-????????, PR company on retainer, stockbrokers, lawyers(both local/in firm and in the City)... It all adds up. The actual annual fee is an irrelevance by comparison to all the professionals with their noses in the trough...when a company gets listed, the auditors request that you use expensive lawyers, the lawyers request expensive Nomad and the stockbrokers request expensive auditors... Edited by Spellczech

Yes, but the deadco weren't listed and had all that and if they did de-list they would more than likely still do at least most of that, so the actual saving would be pretty irrelevant IMHO.

Yes, but the deadco weren't listed and had all that and if they did de-list they would more than likely still do at least most of that, so the actual saving would be pretty irrelevant IMHO.

I thought you were talking about Sevco not old liquidated Rangers? If not listed you can use smaller, local professional firms that are far, far cheaper. All I said was that they could save ?3-500k pa by delistingand I stand by it.

I thought you were talking about Sevco not old liquidated Rangers? If not listed you can use smaller, local professional firms that are far, far cheaper. All I said was that they could save ?3-500k pa by delistingand I stand by it.

My point being they maybe could but the actual listing isn't what is costing them 100's of thousands as seems to be being made out.

I'm sure there are lots of AIM listed co's without a 'big 4' accountant etc, so it i not an issue not to have one, there are also lots of non-listed co's with a 'big 4' accountant. e.g Deadco. 

My point being they maybe could but the actual listing isn't what is costing them 100's of thousands as seems to be being made out.

I'm sure there are lots of AIM listed co's without a 'big 4' accountant etc, so it i not an issue not to have one, there are also lots of non-listed co's with a 'big 4' accountant. e.g Deadco.

sorry, still no clearer on what point you are making. the only purpose in being listed is access to funding. Sevco's last share issue was a disaster with the underwriter forced to take most of the placing. Therefore there is little attraction in being Sevco's Nomad, just as you wouldn't particularly want to be their PR company unless paid handsomely, ditto their auditor, even their lawyers....having to do any of these roles under the glare of being listed is higher profile, and the reporting requirements are more onerous, ergo more costly...in short being listed is expensive, and sevco are no longer getting the benefits of it.

My son's a Jambo

"Keef reckons Ibrox regime will suffer a massive loss of face if they are unable to get the club back on the Stock Exchange before Saturday's deadline."

Article tries to blame last Sevco board for all troubles, but can't help reflecting that "the first three weeks in office have been quietly chaotic."

"That?s the problem with campaigning on a ticket of openness and transparency ? saying nothing is simply not an option even when it?s a great deal easier to keep schtum."

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/keith-jackson-new-rangers-boards-5426016

Edited by My son's a Jambo

I wonder what the Bigirimama smokescreen is all about. He's costing sevco ?1k per week so is an irrelevance, but it is all the media talk about - is it really all they've come up with to discredit Ashley's people?

Big Mike must be laughing at this mob of small timers. 

Only a few more days to have a nomad... only 3 more weeks before they need to ask Sports Direct if that loan is back on the table.

Anyone seen that Simpsons where Bart has to draw pictures in a very frustrating effort to get Homer to understand something simple?

Unknown user

Anyone seen that Simpsons where Bart has to draw pictures in a very frustrating effort to get Homer to understand something simple?

Or that Father Ted with the cows

Footballfirst

I wonder if we will see the interim accounts that are due to be published by tomorrow, or if that will be another excuse for de-listing.

Half-yearly reports
18. An AIM company must prepare a half-yearly report in respect of the six month period from the end of the financial period for which financial information has been disclosed in its admission document and at least every subsequent six months thereafter (apart from the final period of six months preceding its accounting reference date for its annual audited accounts). All such reports must be notified without delay and in any event not later than three months after the end of the relevant period.

Its clear at last if not before that Ashley set up the club to fail

so I assume then he can walk in and mop up the assets.

He was the quiet assasin in the wings or behind the curtain. 

He would then have run HIS club and forked out for success,

but King has stymied all that.

- Well only a few days left, Rangers, then lose your AIM listing for good  I believe

Football clubs shares shouldn't be listed and available for anyone to buy. Thats how the real owners, the fans, lose out. I hope HMFC is never listed again.

Lol.    Apart from all this, have this mob cleared the use of the Lion Rampant on their shield with the Lord Lyon?  Hmm I thought not.  Could be a very large problemo. 

And the Rangers fans don't like Nicky Law.

Does this make him the most hated man in Scottish football?

We all despise Elbows, but at least some huns still like him.

And the Rangers fans don't like Nicky Law.

Does this make him the most hated man in Scottish football?

We all despise Elbows, but at least some huns still like him.

I suggest most of us do not HATE Rangers but I do despise them,  which is not so strong an emotion. It means I prefer to send them to ignomy, rather than getting hateful.  Hate burms people up, and  is something the Rangers fans have been weaned on during their sectarian history.   Hearts,  of course, rise above hate. 

Stuart Lyon

I see Newcastle have announced a profit of ?18.7M. They still owe Ashley ?129M but this is the 4th consecutive year the have made a profit. Will King and the 3 Bears do as well for Sevco?

Hagar the Horrible

Despite the caveat emptor of being a shareholder and the pitfalls its brings, Both the minor shareholders as well as the institutional ones entered into an unholy league with King to bring down the old regime, this act and its outcome led to the NOMAD resigning from post and submitting a complaint of breach of rule 1 to the Exchange? despite caput tuum actiones, all who voted in favour of the King proposal and of course the EGM itself did so under a promise made that King was going to remove WH Ireland as it's NOMAD and replace it with another to which he was in discussions with? They have 4 working days left to replace this NOMAD or be delisted by default? Is there any comeback on King? for the removal of the old board replacing one of his own and at this point he would have clearly ill advised the shareholders and indeed it could be argues that he misled them?

Being delisted has its own benefits and shortfalls, but the protection offered by the Exchange for a vast majority of shareholders will be lost due to Kings actions? Or because they voted in his favour they have no recourse? I just wonder if in particular the institutionals as well as MASH will use this against him?

Hagar the Horrible

Interesting rumour from someone who works at the Forge in Glasgow.

Allegedly Ashely wanted the Toys-R-us unit in the forge retail park for a S. Direct shop. They knocked him back so he's only went & bought the whole Forge retail park instead...

Those pesky billionaires eh. [emoji1].

I wanted the black jelly baby, my mate only offered me the yellow one, so I bought a whole bag myself, its the same thing only to scale

I wanted the black jelly baby, my mate only offered me the yellow one, so I bought a whole bag myself, its the same thing only to scale

Almost. It's more like your mate buys a bag of jelly babies every day from the work vending machine and won't share them with you. So you buy the vending machine and program it so it only vends for yourself.

Hagar the Horrible

Almost. It's more like your mate buys a bag of jelly babies every day from the work vending machine and won't share them with you. So you buy the vending machine and program it so it only vends for yourself.

Bravo......I will do that, fill it with just jelly babies, only free to me but charge ?2 per bag for everybody and remove all the black ones first, and just out of spite I will take a bite out of the yellow ones too!

Angus Young

Another day goes by and not a Nomad in sight The Glib and Shameless Liar has a lot to answer for.

I wonder what the 3Bears make of all of this. All the shots appear to be being called by King. No sign of any NOMAD, no sign of any new funding, in fact at present really no sign of King. All the Orcs have had is Paul Murray spouting off and trying to deflect attention onto the misdeeds of the previous board. The clock is ticking for them on a few counts. The1.5 million loan will be all but spent come wages time in April.

Hagar the Horrible

Prediction time...Llambias and Leech will scream blue murder to keep their reputations intact. Mike will use it to his advantage, King will be exposed as some sort of glib and shameless liar(no really) T3B's will be left with egg on their faces, and be left with the mess to clean up and they are already swimming against a tide of raw sewerage. Delisted but they will get to sell new season tickets which will get them over the summer just? failure to go up will be disastrous, and a mass downscaling of their operations. Going up they will limp on endlessly?

Still there is 4 days left to prove and pass the FPP test, prove to the courts that he is kosher enough to be a director, prove to the Exchange that he can run a company? prove to a new NOMAD that the complaint against rule 1 has been addressed and the new NOMAD can complete due diligence?

I am sure King was not lying when he said he had a Nomad lined up, and as a man of his word he wont go back on the promise of investing in the club even if he fails the good guys exams? I have faith?

Angus Young

Prediction time...Llambias and Leech will scream blue murder to keep their reputations intact. Mike will use it to his advantage, King will be exposed as some sort of glib and shameless liar(no really) T3B's will be left with egg on their faces, and be left with the mess to clean up and they are already swimming against a tide of raw sewerage. Delisted but they will get to sell new season tickets which will get them over the summer just? failure to go up will be disastrous, and a mass downscaling of their operations. Going up they will limp on endlessly?

Still there is 4 days left to prove and pass the FPP test, prove to the courts that he is kosher enough to be a director, prove to the Exchange that he can run a company? prove to a new NOMAD that the complaint against rule 1 has been addressed and the new NOMAD can complete due diligence?

I am sure King was not lying when he said he had a Nomad lined up, and as a man of his word he wont go back on the promise of investing in the club even if he fails the good guys exams? I have faith?

To Date MA publicly Has done diddly squat since the Glib and Shameless Liar took power my hunch is MA Is working in the background making it very difficult for them to get a Nomad.

Edited by munch2

Prediction time...Llambias and Leech will scream blue murder to keep their reputations intact. Mike will use it to his advantage, King will be exposed as some sort of glib and shameless liar(no really) T3B's will be left with egg on their faces, and be left with the mess to clean up and they are already swimming against a tide of raw sewerage. Delisted but they will get to sell new season tickets which will get them over the summer just? failure to go up will be disastrous, and a mass downscaling of their operations. Going up they will limp on endlessly?Still there is 4 days left to prove and pass the FPP test, prove to the courts that he is kosher enough to be a director, prove to the Exchange that he can run a company? prove to a new NOMAD that the complaint against rule 1 has been addressed and the new NOMAD can complete due diligence?I am sure King was not lying when he said he had a Nomad lined up, and as a man of his word he wont go back on the promise of investing in the club even if he fails the good guys exams? I have faith?

What is Rule 1?

I wonder what the 3Bears make of all of this. All the shots appear to be being called by King. No sign of any NOMAD, no sign of any new funding, in fact at present really no sign of King. All the Orcs have had is Paul Murray spouting off and trying to deflect attention onto the misdeeds of the previous board. The clock is ticking for them on a few counts. The1.5 million loan will be all but spent come wages time in April.

The 3bears deserve everything they get. They don't have ignorance on their side - they know him and his reputation well. Either they are all in on this charade (I have a NOMAD ready for next week) or they have been "duped" (where have we heard this before ?). Given what we now know about King I find it incredible that ANYONE would get involved with him.

Of course, DK could wave a magic wand and , hey presto, suddenly there appears a NOMAD, funding etc. But , really ?

Hagar the Horrible

What is Rule 1?

it was a complaint about appropriateness, the NOMAD sent the complaint to AIMS and resigned with immediate effect. They do not have to inform the company of the complaint, but the new NOMAD as part of due diligence would have had to speak to the old NOMAD and subsequently convince the exchange that the complaint has been dealt with? None of this has been done, and I suspect it wont while King is in the mix

In order to be eligible for AIM, an applicant must appoint a nominated adviser and an AIM company must retain a nominated adviser at all times.

The nominated adviser is responsible to the Exchange for assessing the appropriateness of an applicant for AIM, or an existing AIM company when appointed as its nominated adviser, and for advising and guiding an AIM company on its responsibilities under these rules.

The responsibilities of nominated advisers are set out in the AIM Rules for Nominated Advisers.

If an AIM company ceases to have a nominated adviser the Exchange will suspend trading in its AIM securities. If within one month of that suspension the AIM company has failed to appoint a replacement nominated adviser, the admission of its AIM securities will be cancelled.

If RIFC don't publish their interim accounts by tomorrow their shares will be suspended . [emoji6]

They've been suspended since 4th March, when WHI resigned....

• Maple Leaf locked this topic