The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Rick Grimes

true but that will open the flood gates for every other chancer to take over a Scottish club including ones who are banned already

I doubt we'll see much of a deluge....

Seymour M Hersh

Are the Court of Session there to protect people in a case like this, or are they just there to prevent Directors deliberately using insolvency events and/or Phoenix companies for their own gain..? :unsure:

The Court are not there to "protect people" (who exactly do you mean? you & me?) but to adjudicate on the facts as the law stipulates them.

The Court are not there to "protect people" (who exactly do you mean? you & me?) but to adjudicate on the facts as the law stipulates them.

I think the laws are there to protect I suppose its down to interpretation and if the Judge has correctly interpreted them, which is not always the case. Will there be an appeal and if so by whom.

The football authorities exposed themselves years ago with public pronouncements, without any restraint, of the threat of social unrest in the context of, not a government initiative like a poll tax, where you might expect such claims, but from the potential fallout from a failed football club! Where do you start to regain credibility or respect after that?

Toxteth O'Grady

still needs to pass sfa "fit and proper" though doesn't he?

Statement from the SFA will be along the lines of "Who are we to disagree with the court decision"

Which specific rule would they have to break to allow him to be SFA approved. I am only aware of the one where the club themselves have to give assurances re fit and proper persons having control. There is no test and no criteria to pass or there didn't use to be. If there is a process and a test and a criteria now what exactly does it entail ?

Simples, if you have been involved in criminal activity and have a criminal record for it then you should not be let near a football club in any form of a  director role at all. Well thats the sane and fair way but we are dealing with two corrupt and poisonous institutions such as NEWCO and the SFA.

still needs to pass sfa "fit and proper" though doesn't he?

:rofl:

He'll drive a coach and horses through their poxy rule book.

Actually CollyWolly is more right - there is no formal test as such.

Under the SFA Handbook, Articles of Association Section 10. (Note formally the Articles of Association section, not mere guidance notes as suggested notably Richard Wilson); clubs must detail on their return each year all office bearers / key individuals, but that return must include details of any 'life' events which could preclude a person being considered 'fit an proper' and take up a position in Scottish football.  

There is a list of events that must be declared, but these are not deemed exhaustive.  If none of these events are listed, no need for anything to be put in front of the SFA Board to sign off.  If any of these events are recognised on the return, it is up to the SFA Board to decide whether that person should be allowed to hold a position in Scottish football.  

Now he has CoS sign off, I'd imagine it would be difficult for the SFA to do anything but prey for example King does indeed have investors lined up.  Personally, I'd sign him off but put down some damned well strict criteria - measured business plans, guarantees there will be no insolvency event by either the club or the holding company within the next ten years otherwise their SFA membership and/or licence is under serious threat.

I'm sure these Articles were written to preclude convicted criminals from entering Scottish football, with carefully worded get outs.

We just never knew that it would ever be Rangers (or Celtic) would be the first club seeking SFA Board approval.  If at all.

I hope Vlad tries to buy St. Mirren one day.

"The liquidation of Rangers Oldco and the formation of Rangers Newco

But I thought they were the same team

So King has said that Rangers older and newcomers are different. So the slate is wiped clean and Rangers silverware to date comprises a Div2 and a Div1 championship. Get those five stars off your jerseys.

Now he has CoS sign off, I'd imagine it would be difficult for the SFA to do anything but prey for example King does indeed have investors lined up.  Personally, I'd sign him off but put down some damned well strict criteria - measured business plans, guarantees there will be no insolvency event by either the club or the holding company within the next ten years otherwise their SFA membership and/or licence is under serious threat.

--------------------------------------------------

There is no connection between the two although KIng is being clever and suggesting that just because he has been cleared by the COS he has no case to answer re the SFA F&PP test.

The COS hearing was to confirm there is no legal impediment to him becoming a directors of Newco.

The SFA test is not concerned  with matters of law,  per se , and if his SA tax  convictions allow him to pass their "test" then they should remove it immediately from their rule book. If the F&PP test wasn't designed with people like King in mind who was it designed for ?

Look as what happened with the Italian owner of Leeds who got done just for a relatively minor tax offence and compare with King's track record in SA.

We might need "Bryce" to giv us "Clarification" on the development that oldco/newco Rangers are different....

--------------------------------------------------

There is no connection between the two although KIng is being clever and suggesting that just because he has been cleared by the COS he has no case to answer re the SFA F&PP test.

The COS hearing was to confirm there is no legal impediment to him becoming a directors of Newco.

The SFA test is not concerned  with matters of law,  per se , and if his SA tax  convictions allow him to pass their "test" then they should remove it immediately from their rule book. If the F&PP test wasn't designed with people like King in mind who was it designed for ?

Look as what happened with the Italian owner of Leeds who got done just for a relatively minor tax offence and compare with King's track record in SA.

Oh I agree these Articles were written to ensure a King type could never be allowed anywhere near Scottish football, but this is Rangers (or Celtic) and the Rangers fans on the whole are behind him.

Interestingly when Green went to the Court of Session to challenge the transfer ban, the judge told the SFA to follow their rules.

Jambof3tornado

Imagine if you will a certain Mr Romanov arriving at Livingston FC tomorrow to announce he is taking over?? I know there are differences but the media stance would be slightly changed I'd bet!!

Despite some comments he has cleared a significant hurdle in his move towards being 'on board' with the new regime at Rangers.

Many might not like it but slowly things are changing..... of course he will then have to keep his promises re investment and given the Nomad situation was a let down to his supporters from what he insinuated that may still be open to doubt , however I think he will invest (or loan) but of course to what level and for how long will be open to debate.

Will the footballing authorities be a different matter though ?

eyesandears

Imagine if you will a certain Mr Romanov arriving at Livingston FC tomorrow to announce he is taking over?? I know there are differences but the media stance would be slightly changed I'd bet!!

Awesome! Welcome back Mr Romanov.

And therein lies the nub of the matter  "apply the rules without fear or favour unless it affects one of the gruesome twosome then hell mend the lot of you we are in it for them"

King and co just need to understand and abide tax laws. We have seen how even fit and proper player registration can be circumvented so it's really just hmrc who need to be taken seriously in reality.

Edited by Riccarton3

Geoff Kilpatrick

Fair play to King. He's given the SFA a get out over FPP and he'll get passed as a result.

Hagar the Horrible

Fair play to King. He's given the SFA a get out over FPP and he'll get passed as a result.

Agreed it would be difficult to stop him taking post now, this will be interesting how he runs the club without pumping in his own money?

Will it be donations or loans with caveats?

Angus Young

I'm astonished that the Court of Session has reached this decision. Here we have a man recently convicted of serious tax evasion branded a liar by a Judge albeit in an other country. He was also involved in a failed company 3 years ago but the court are happy that the customers of a company in which he will direct their path forward is free to take up that role. The Court are IMO failing to protect the people they are supposed too.

Angus Young

b

I'm astonished that the Court of Session has reached this decision. Here we have a man recently convicted of serious tax evasion branded a liar by a Judge albeit in an other country. He was also involved in a failed company 3 years ago but the court are happy that the customers of a company in which he will direct their path forward is free to take up that role. The Court are IMO failing to protect the people they are supposed too.

Brown paper bags filled with cash.

Oh I agree these Articles were written to ensure a King type could never be allowed anywhere near Scottish football, but this is Rangers (or Celtic) and the Rangers fans on the whole are behind him.

Interestingly when Green went to the Court of Session to challenge the transfer ban, the judge told the SFA to follow their rules.

The SFA need to save Sevco fans from themselves. They had a billionaire saviour at the club and ditched him in favour of King. They don't know what they want - apart from "Rangers men" running their shitey club. 

This isn't new news and is per the rules the clubs signed up for 2 years ago.

It's a real bonus for the SPFL because no-one thought Rangers wouldn't win 3 consecutive titles.

Between us, Vlad, Kaunas we haven't half been a right pain in the erchie for their financial modelling.

That said we and Robinson and the rest of the clubs built up unsustainable debt in double quick time, just trying to hang on to their coat tails Obviously the impacts of the tragic events of Hillsborough and Taylor didn't help.

Edited by DETTY29

disgruntledfan

Surely the SFA have set a precedent with the FPP test in 2003 with ex Dundee chairman Di Stefano, heres a quote

"An SFA insider told Scotland on Sunday that "there will be no rubber-stamping on this (Di Stefano?s) application", adding that they have been put in "an impossible position" by news of the Dundee director?s corrupt past."

All though not the same situation, corruption is corruption and a massive fine for avoiding paying tax on sold on companies in my book is corrupt and deliberate, as indicated by the SA judges comments.

Has anyone failed the FPP test in Scotland other than Di Stefano? 

Seems to me that the only reason why King will not pass is if they have previously banned someone for something similar, but I can't recall anyone else being banned.

Edited by altyjambo

The Sfa's Fpp (test) is largely & quite conveniently discretionary tbh. If the Sfa deem a tax criminal F&P to run a football club who are we to complain. [emoji6]

King will have to find millions to run them, let's hope the cash drain is too much even for him. [emoji1]

It is. In theory (and perhaps in practice), they could deem a convicted multi million pound tax dodger, fit and proper, but someone who has dodged a train fare, not to be.

Angus Young

GFA Will do everything they can to assist the tribute act to get back to the top table rules bent and twisted all the way to help the glib and Shameless Liar.

alwaysthereinspirit

I would be quietly confident that Jimmy Boyle could pass an SFA FPP exam if he chose the right club to apply through.

I would be quietly confident that Jimmy Boyle could pass an SFA FPP exam if he chose the right club to apply through.

If King passes the SFA FPP then you can only shrug your shoulders and shake your head at the open nature of the corruption in those offices.

However, there is a silver lining. Whilst Glib and Shameless are in the driving seat at Rangers, it means that someone with competency, determination, moral fibre, business acumen and real live funds ISNT !!

Edited by CollyWolly

Angus Young

Jack The Ripper would be a shoe in. :behead:

So King has said that Rangers older and newcomers are different. So the slate is wiped clean and Rangers silverware to date comprises a Div2 and a Div1 championship. Get those five stars off your jerseys.

What do these 5 stars represent anyway - nice quality Brandy? 

No-one who played for Airdrie can really be classed as a Fit and Proper Person.

Which Rangers players is such a massive bellend, that he hired a f*****g Lamborghini to impress a girl and owns a limo?

My money is on Temps.

Inver_Jambo

M.Ashley seems to have the trade marks sewn up as a nice little earner.

49fac845d4dc1c87361d7de3a76d24a2.jpg

I'm sure the trademarks were included as security for one of Ashley's loans to The Rangers. 

"horse-punching ingrates"

Brilliant!

What did the pieman call us?

Ungrateful plebs?

Watt-Zeefuik

"SORT IT OUT OR WE MAY BRIEFLY CONSIDER NOT RENEWING OUR SEASON TICKETS. BRIEFLY, LIKE"

:lol:

Angus Young

I'm sure the trademarks were included as security for one of Ashley's loans to The Rangers. 

speaking of which is one of the loans not due to be paid back this month ?

• Maple Leaf locked this topic