The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

the Newcastle players are irrelevant. Vuckic alone has kept them going since January. Christ, the fans want him signed lol! he has been worth the fee for all 5. The focus on them is a smokescreen because the retail deal may be watertight after all...

This, if anyone had said to them in January, would you pay us ?500K for promotion, and you only pay that IF you get promoted, they'd have snatched your hand off.

Pure spin

At least Graham Spiers isn't towing the party line.

Should Paul Murray, who sat on a board that drove the old Rangers FC to extinction, be preaching to anyone about 'years of mismanagement'?

FF, I really respect you as a poster and this isn't aimed at you, per se, as there are other miscreants,  but it's "toeing the party line".  Sorry, it's one of those little things that irks me so.

Anyway, carry on the fine work!

Yours,

A. Pedant

FF, I really respect you as a poster and this isn't aimed at you, per se, as there are other miscreants,  but it's "toeing the party line".  Sorry, it's one of those little things that irks me so.

Yours,

A. Pedant

the since I moveromeo pm to tablet my autocorrect plays havoc and I've given up correcting all the errors...

Footballfirst

Grant Russell has been doing some research. Don't know if there is anything in it though.

What work have Jeffreys Henry done for Rangers previously? Well they advised on their IPO valuation. http://bit.ly/1NyCQ9S

Jeffreys Henry also the registered address of five companies of which former Rangers finance director Brian Stockbridge is involved with.

Edited by Footballfirst

Grant Russell has been doing some research. Don't know if there is anything in it though.

Grant Russell ?@STVGrant 6m6 minutes ago

What work have Jeffreys Henry done for Rangers previously? Well they advised on their IPO valuation. http://bit.ly/1NyCQ9S

Jeffreys Henry also the registered address of five companies of which former Rangers finance director Brian Stockbridge is involved with.

Was it not the case that the IPO costs were higher than one would normally expect - circa ?5 million ? Maybe these costs were higher still ?

I can't be the only person who thinks Sevco got a cracking deal for these Newcastle players can I? Paying ?1k a week when they will be on god knows what a week. It will be far less than having to stump up 10%, 20% or 30% of their wages like any normal loan deal. I'd guess that the ?500k on promotion would still bring them under those amounts. Seems a good deal to me - if they were fit....

Hagar the Horrible

So to recap, the interim results are as put disappointing? only in the same way as Hibs came to Tynecastle for a relegation party and are now disappointed to go down themselves?

Their Auditor resigned and nobody thought to inform anybody, depite the Auditor claiming they would only continue IF the club was a going concern? I take they don't think so?

plus the independent accountants are also concerned of uncertainty:

In forming our review conclusion on the financial statements, which is not modified, we have considered the adequacy of the disclosure made in note 1 of the financial statements concerning the company's ability to continue as a going concern.

These conditions, along with the details provided in note 2 to the financial statements, indicate the existence of a material uncertainty which may cast significant doubt about the company's ability to continue as a going concern. The interim financial statements do not include adjustments that would result if the company was unable to continue as a going concern.

They made a loss of what ?3m Taking also into account they need to pay off the old management, plus the loanees ?500k, they raised ?3.1m in new shares, Borrowed ?5m and now another ?1.5m

But hey its full of statements like returning to the top flight, playing European football. new funding to provide a stable future. They must have paid for this statement by some marketing company, the same one that the old regimes used?

They have no NOMAD fact! they have NO Auditor fact! Shares suspended fact! No credit facilities fact! all revenue income farmed out fact! They have replaced an unscrupulous but kosher board, with a tax fraudster and a guy responsible for bring the old club down fact! they have a future.......?

If I was Livi I would be going mental over the financial fair play? Falkirk as well as they have bought a play-off place they cant afford?

Footballfirst

I can't be the only person who thinks Sevco got a cracking deal for these Newcastle players can I? Paying ?1k a week when they will be on god knows what a week. It will be far less than having to stump up 10%, 20% or 30% of their wages like any normal loan deal. I'd guess that the ?500k on promotion would still bring them under those amounts. Seems a good deal to me - if they were fit....

The bottom line is that on 2nd February, when the loan deals were done, if someone had offered them guaranteed promotion for ?500K they would have taken the offer without question

I P Knightley

A gem from it.

Promotion means them

Having to pay Newcastle ?500k, but their calling this "an uncertain future event". [emoji1]

This is very funny indeed. 

"Here's 5 players. 3 of them are... oops, make that 4 of them are crocked. Pay them a grand a week and you can thank us with a a half a million if they do (I mean, "He does") the business for you."

"Gosh. Thank you Mr Ashley."

They wouldn't see a penny of the prize money & have to pony up ?158k of their own cash to Ashley.. [emoji1]

Glorious...

I imagine that their winnings are taxable. If only they were earning profits, that shortfall would be higher  :rolleyes4:

Yours,

A. Pedant

Thank you for doing that, Boris.

Do you want to tackle the earlier stream of "there" or "their" where "they are" was intended or will I do that?  :scholar:

Craig Gordons Gloves

"Operational Highlights....

....3rd in the championship and in playoff spot"

That makes me ROFLCOPTER

16M quid to get 3rd in the championship.

That's 4 times our ANNUAL budget!!!

Thank you for doing that, Boris.

Do you want to tackle the earlier stream of "there" or "their" where "they are" was intended or will I do that?  :scholar:

Fill your boots, IP!

doctor jambo

"Operational Highlights....

....3rd in the championship and in playoff spot"

That makes me ROFLCOPTER

16M quid to get 3rd in the championship.

That's 4 times our ANNUAL budget!!!

I said some time ago that the most cost effective way for SEVCO to get promoted would be to buy our entire team in the closed season

He certainly seems to get it... but will no doubt be in the minority...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The ones with half a brain realise that they are up the Swanny and that they've been lied to and conned. It will take far more money to sort out Rangers in it's present form than any of those involved with the board have. I would not be at all surprised to see them fall into administration if they fail to get promoted - that in turn would probably lead to liquidation and them starting from scratch once again.

Edited by Deevers

Central Belt 1874

The ones with half a brain realise that they are up the Swanny and that they've been lied to and conned. It will take far more money to sort out Rangers in it's present form than any of those involved with the board have. I would not be at all surprised to see them fall into administration if they fail to get promoted - that in turn would probably lead to liquidation and them starting from scratch once again.

Whether they get promoted or not, administration is once again a possibility as it seems that they just dont have any money. It's going to take tens of millions to sort them out and at this moment its clear nobody wants to be the one to put their hand in their pocket and sort it out.

Whether they get promoted or not, administration is once again a possibility as it seems that they just don't have any money. It's going to take tens of millions to sort them out and at this moment it's clear nobody wants to be the one to put their hand in their pocket and sort it out.

mike-ashley-laughing-360.jpg

Central Belt 1874

:lol:  Can't imagine the orcs would let him near Ibrox unless they were threatened with admin...........

Keep on thinking he's had a master plan all along, and this is just the next step that MA has planned for...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hagar the Horrible

There is one good thing about Sevco staying down, it gives them another year to produce accounts (3 tear rule) for their assault on Europe?

Well as Abe Lincoln said on his famous internet blog: 'You cant fool all of ra people all of the time?' Just reading the comments from their fans on Paul Murrays statement, its the same rhetoric that every single previous regime stated, and they have swallowed it all up yet again? Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me? fool me six times????? 45000 villages should have a misper out for vulnerable adults, and we have just found out where they congregate?

Interesting. Not sure about his arithmetic here though...

It?s a bit more of the same from Dave King. Bear in mind he said he had ?30 million and it was his children?s inheritance ? until the day they won the vote and that figure went down 300% in an instant.

By my reckoning that means Rangers now owe King ?60m...  :laugh4:

Hagar the Horrible
Great in depth knowledge about the Rangers , He has red braces on so he must be a whiz? he could make a huge name for himself if he delved actually into the story rather than stating the bleeding obvious even to an English audience with half an eye on it

Francis Albert
He makes a big thing about how "sad" he finds the turnover/revenue number of ?13m for 6 months compared to what English clubs enjoy. Surely the relevant comparison is with Scottish clubs and the fact is they have about 4 times the revenue of any other club in their current tier of Scottish football and about 3 times the revenue of any other club in Scotland bar

one. But we are supposed to feel sorry for them apparently.

He makes a big thing about how "sad" he finds the turnover/revenue number of ?13m for 6 months compared to what English clubs enjoy. Surely the relevant comparison is with Scottish clubs and the fact is they have about 4 times the revenue of any other club in their current tier of Scottish football and about 3 times the revenue of any other club in Scotland bar

one. But we are supposed to feel sorry for them apparently.

They think they are an established, successful club, in a big league, when in fact they are a new club, with minor success, in a small league.

Their biggest mistake was indeed having McCoist as manager through all this time. Imagine for a moment if Sevco had gone down the route Hearts took and looked to their academy and a couple of well-chosen older pros to get them through division 2. They'd be laughing just now but they did what many crop management teams do when they get a windfall (IPO) They went spending mad...?10m budget to win Div 2!!!! Lol

Their biggest mistake was indeed having McCoist as manager through all this time. Imagine for a moment if Sevco had gone down the route Hearts took and looked to their academy and a couple of well-chosen older pros to get them through division 2. They'd be laughing just now but they did what many crop management teams do when they get a windfall (IPO) They went spending mad...?10m budget to win Div 2!!!! Lol

And Ally wanted ?30 mill.

If he did go down the route you illustrate, they might well have still been challenging us for the title.

Edited by Claudia

http://www.cropmanagement.co.uk/ ?

Dusk_Till_Dawn

And Ally wanted ?30 mill.

If he did go down the route you illustrate, they might well have still been challenging us for the title.

Amazing isn't it? Neither McCoist nor McDowall deserve to work in football again.

Amazing isn't it? Neither McCoist nor McDowall deserve to work in football again.

Now now - we'd all happily see them take on the Rangers job again! 

Now now - we'd all happily see them take on the Rangers job again!

Perhaps they could work together. That might work...

Hearts players have had to put up with Rangers fan dans talking shite all season, from Fraser Aird to Darren McGregor to Barry Ferguson and back again. Injuries, Suspensions and dropped points (oh my)

They have every right to join in the celebrations bending it right up them, get over yourself Nicky Law

a couple of wins and they're talking shite again

must be a big game coming up - think they play Livingston again soon or something

There are several (probably hundreds) of big mistakes going way back to David Murray; the MG and RFC Finance Departments and RFC Football Operations Departments player registration and rumenration processes.

However the decisions not to recognise HMRC would never approve a CVA leading to liquidation; at best Rangers would have to start in Division 3 and an understanding of the impact of liquidation and TUPE legislation has cost not just millions of pounds, but allowed even more shysters (and Rangers had shysters long before Whyte)to run their club.

And it's not just McCoist, what about McCulloch and Alexander who were TUPEd with no sell on value. Hindsight? Yep. But madness nonetheless.

The key however, is how complicit the football authorities were in all this and how much they have contributed to the mess.

Edited by DETTY29

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

They had to. Ally was crucial to the same club illusion.

niblick1874

There are several (probably hundreds) of big mistakes going way back to David Murray; the MG and RFC Finance Departments and RFC Football Operations Departments player registration and rumenration processes.

However the decisions not to recognise HMRC would never approve a CVA leading to liquidation; at best Rangers would have to start in Division 3 and an understanding of the impact of liquidation and TUPE legislation has cost not just millions of pounds, but allowed even more shysters (and Rangers had shysters long before Whyte)to run their club.

And it's not just McCoist, what about McCulloch and Alexander who were TUPEd with no sell on value. Hindsight? Yep. But madness nonetheless.

The key however, is how complicit the football authorities were in all this and how much they have contributed to the mess.

Their supporters must shoulder a fair bit of the blame as well.

Also the ?3M they took in loans from Ashley (?1.5M of which repaid other loans).

Despite this extra cash coming in, their cash balance went down by ?1.28M over the period.

The cash burn is just over ?900K a month, which is what the latest loans from the 3 Bears are covering.

This is, IMO, the crucial figure, and being able to release some high earning players (and managers!) in another couple of months time, won't make too much of a dent in it.

Funny though that one of Scotlands wealthiest men thinks all will be well

One of Scotland's foremost business figures, the Clyde Blowers chairman Jim McColl, believes Rangers will prosper under the new regime running the club.

Dave King, Paul Murray and John Gilligan ousted the previous board in early March.

"I think it's in good hands now," Rangers fan McColl told BBC Scotland.

"It's a relief to see we don't have people in there now that are looking to exploit the club for their own benefit, and that's what was happening."

"It's on solid ground now in terms of the financial backing," continued McColl of the Championship club.

"It was in danger of going down the lower leagues for a long, long time."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32131416

Interesting. Not sure about his arithmetic here though...

By my reckoning that means Rangers now owe King ?60m...  :laugh4:

:D

Know what you mean. I'm assuming what he actually meant was a drop of ?20m to ?10m?

Interesting piece, although a couple of quotes I couldn't pass up without commenting on....

Well I don?t see too much transparency.

That's transparency for you, very difficult to spot!

I?ve heard that King and Park are not seeing eye to eye

Having seen Dave's eyes, I'm not surprised.  I think the only person who might see eye to eye with King is Stubbsy!

Funny though that one of Scotlands wealthiest men thinks all will be well

One of Scotland's foremost business figures, the Clyde Blowers chairman Jim McColl, believes Rangers will prosper under the new regime running the club.

Dave King, Paul Murray and John Gilligan ousted the previous board in early March.

"I think it's in good hands now," Rangers fan McColl told BBC Scotland.

"It's a relief to see we don't have people in there now that are looking to exploit the club for their own benefit, and that's what was happening."

"It's on solid ground now in terms of the financial backing," continued McColl of the Championship club.

"It was in danger of going down the lower leagues for a long, long time."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32131416

he's just glad that all he gets asked for is his opinion. Not daft enough to offer more.

GorgieMIlls

But they are white so will walk into another job apparently

But they are white so will walk into another job apparently

I'm sure when Stubbs gets the boot, the Tache will turn his eyes to the west....all it needs for a couple of zeros to be knocked off their wage demands, and they're in...

Their supporters must shoulder a fair bit of the blame as well.

I thinks the SMSM can have a standing ovation for their part too.  It is actually quite funny how all of their sicophantic fawnings have contributed to Sevcos delusion and downfall.  The support of each failled regime and or manager as well as the repeated mantra of Scottish football needs a strong the Rangers has helped to keep this circus going.  when a few well chosen questions and honest, independant and objective journalism could have exposed the farce, those complicit and the subsequent cover up and perhaps brought about a long overdue shake up of authoriteis and transfer of power to people more deserving and trustworthy.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic