The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

I'd imagine that, relative to the spend of the other clubs in their division, Ally McCoist's team has spent more money than any Rangers manager ever did. It's one thing to revise history, Wattie, it's another to simply lie.

But if it helps keep Ally in a job, then keep it up.

Edited by 2NaFish

What was the nickname that Walter Smith had over the last couple of years?  Genuinely can't remember.  Can't keep up with all this "Shooter" and "Charles of Normandy" and all that.

itsnomarooned

"WALTER Smith last night accused the Rangers board of making Ally McCoist the worst prepared manager in their history."

Hmm - wasn't it Walter Smith who was who was preparing Ally for management? Didin't do such a great job there, did you Walter!

The Cardigans take on Super Salary and Shooter:

THE former boss gave a withering assessment of the men at the top of the marble staircase and claimed they?ve hung McCoist out to dry.

WALTER Smith last night accused the Rangers board of making Ally McCoist the worst prepared manager in their history.

The former boss gave a withering assessment of the men at the top of the marble staircase and claimed they?ve hung McCoist out to dry.

Smith spoke out in strong support of McCoist in Glasgow in front of an audience of 750 at a question and answer session during a charity dinner.

The ex-chairman accused the current regime of failing to back the boss and said boardroom instability is also hampering the team.

Asked to reflect on the work of McCoist, who was at the event, Smith said: ?Ally will need a little help ? in the last three years he has had none whatsoever.

?I was fortunate enough to be given great support by the likes of David Murray with the signings I was allowed to make.

?People are casting aspersions on Ally?s ability but if I ever had doubts about him I would never have recommended him for the job.

?No club can be successful until it is well run from the top, it?s the single determining factor in how well the team plays.

?I wish Ally could be given that opportunity but it isn?t being afforded him. Ally is bearing up well under the worst circumstances under which any Rangers manager has had to work.?

Smith also turned on former owner Craig Whyte when asked if he was still happy with his decision to step away from the club three years ago.

He said sarcastically: ?I was quite happy to leave Rangers in the hands of Craig Whyte ? well, he was a billionaire, after all.

?Where is he now? Costa Rica or somewhere? The wee b******.?

And therein lies the root of their troubles and problem.

Always someone else's fault. 

Never ever do they take a look at themselves and wonder if they could improve or if they are making mistakes. Never do they think I/we should be doing better. Its all the Chairmans fault. Its all the fault of the sugar daddy who isn't giving us enough (to beat 3rd division plumbers and amateurs).

Pure arrogance.

Edited by adayinmay

And therein lies the root of their troubles and problem.

Always someone else's fault. 

Never ever do they take a look at themselves and wonder if they could improve or if they are making mistakes. Never do they think I/we should be doing better. Its all the Chairmans fault. Its all the fault of the sugar daddy who isn't giving us enough (to beat 3rd division plumbers and amateurs).

Pure arrogance.

and ignorance!!!

Hagar the Horrible

Walter was very happy during the SDM era when he was given unlimited funds to buy the league during the 9IAR guys like Gazza and Laudrup were the standard, but he was also there when it started to untangle, then he did walking away and left Fatso to take the rap. He never onced questioned where the money was coming from during the Champions League era, which to be fair was not his problem, but what was, once the EBT's was exposed and his answer then as it is now spend spend spend, Walter you are a massive part of why your club died and is trying to die again....try and keep up

Great manager Wattie. Only had to spend ?10 for every ?5 Sellick spent to win the league. Ally's had to spend ?10 for every 5p to win his leagues.

Fair play to Waldo for being very media savvy - not that you need to be THAT savvy to deal with the Glasgow erse licking churnalists.

He bigs up Ally and reminds the Berrs how great times were back in the glory days of EBTs and Waldos blank cheques. Berrs fans immediately smile at Waldo , think of true blue skies & Gazza and then turn their hatred on the board. It's magical. Waldo must be dreading the day that anyone in Glasgow ever grows the balls to point the finger at him & SDM for the crash.

Edited by 269miles

To be fair to him, Shooter helped Walter in a massive way. If Smith had actually managed to buy the club he would now be bankrupt.He simply does not have the means to plug the spend gap.

he should be thanking Whyte

No, wasn't it Mr something...Mr NoName or the man with no name or something!

I think people were given names of places in Scotland as part of the EBT enquiry is that it?

I hear the prog is selling well.. 5858a885d6c51cfd7f765e2f9723dbbc.jpg

I hope that the teams manage to avoid Fat Sally's "war chest" as the exit the tunnel on Saturday.

Ashley knows nothing about this much talked of "WarChest"d32a48d0c222f13cac447816844d5ff0.jpg

That's closer to a coffin which may well come in handy come Christmas if the funds mysteriously dry up.

Ashley knows nothing about this much talked of "WarChest"

d32a48d0c222f13cac447816844d5ff0.jpg

the only war chest Ashley knows of is that of the Newcastle fans during games in the middle of winter

Toxteth O'Grady

Quite,

Lots of pain coming, Accounts still to be signed off & an Agm called plus Greens purchase of sevco & the missing Ipo monies investigation.

Running out of time for that

Edited by Toxteth O'Grady

I hope that the teams manage to avoid Fat Sally's "war chest" as the exit the tunnel on Saturday.

In a breakaway from hoof ball tactics, Ally McCoist said that he was trying something new at Tynecastle on Saturday.

"I'm going to stand in the tunnel before the game and the Hearts players won't be able to squeeze past me to get to the pitch!"

i wish jj was my dad

I'm delighted that 'Walter' is backing the fat imposter. The longer that they continue to ignore the reality the better for us.

I haven't done the maths but the squad that Smith assembled in 98 must have cost 10 or 20x what Mr Jim's cup winning squad did.  As soon as Celtic started spending similar amounts the dominance ended and 'walter' didn't exactly concern himself with growing his own to complement his ridiculous spending either did he? Sounds familiar. 

alwaysthereinspirit

With Ashley bankrolling them I'd imagine his people have been in discussions with Deloitte's about the accounts tbh. a share suspension from the AiM isn't in his best interests either so I'd expect him to smooth this over (somehow). acdfb95f139bb1ae4a568fcb9f73820d.jpg

He wouldn't want sevco to die the same way Rfc did, well not just yet until he's secured all he needs for another Phoenix club.

That Celtic headline on the right side is quite funny.

I have a feeling that they will go for Adminstration this week if not next. Nothing other than a feeling but for me all the ducks are in a row for a quick pre-pack take the points hit and go for the play offs.

...a bit disco

fadc2807d40fe8de4ed9827e2ae2851e.jpg

How do you like them apples sevco? :lol:

Nice one.

What Celtic forum did you pinch it from?

:D

They are chatting about the desired new manager choice.

Mixu is getting a few shouts with Billy Davies taking the lead. 

WTF are they thinking? Mixu?!?!

Thumb Up Emoji

It's great comparing how we've dealt with coming out of admin with how they've dealt with it

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=276214

These two comments are spot on:-

"hearts have good young players as they budget long ago forced them to get rid of older pros......a lot of them are now in their 2nd or 3rd year of playing senior football together and it shows. 
Ann Budge has made tough calls that are for benefit of the club long term....she does not give a **** about making money "

"The likes of Barrie McKay, Luca Gasparotto, Callum Gallagher, Ryan Sinnamon, Kane Hemmings and a few more should have played a big part in our rise from the bottom, that Ann Budge woman and Robbie Nielson have shown up and embarrassed McCoist his pals & and our pathetic board members of the last 3 years."

The penny is finally dropping for them. They've ****ed it.

Edited by Thumb Up Emoji

They are chatting about the desired new manager choice.

Mixu is getting a few shouts with Billy Davies taking the lead. 

WTF are they thinking? Mixu?!?!

He was on the 21:30 Amsterdam to Edinburgh flight last night, still looked like a bitter loser, pleasing :)

givememychoice

In the event of a second admin, how many points would they lose? (sorry, its definitely old ground,but hey ho). (and yes in the SFAs eyes it will be a second admin)

In the event of a second admin, how many points would they lose? (sorry, its definitely old ground,but hey ho). (and yes in the SFAs eyes it will be a second admin)

The 'board discretion' caveat, that applies to almost every rule probably means they would not lose any.

Clueless [emoji1] the pair off them hoof ball and kick the crap out off them didn't work.

78c6616af1f87aecf19120692a302c1d.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Dannie Boy

• Maple Leaf locked this topic