The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

i wish jj was my dad

?We would all like to see Rangers back to their winning ways as quickly as possible and to improve their financial position in order to bring more money to the game of football in Scotland.?

This just grates my gears so much.

If he has really said that he should be sacked.

Footballfirst

according to the BBC the AGM will be on 22nd of December and accounts should be signed off by the end of the week.

Quite witty from Keith Jackson

Monday December 22 for the Rangers AGM? Sneak preview of opening statement from chairman David Somers... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NNOrp_83RU ?

Diadora Van Basten

That Regan interview is a disgrace, Rangers brought money into Scottish Football because they were the champions.

The reason they were the champions was because they found a way of paying top internationals without paying tax and funding the transfers by Hbos.

Both of these actions are not desirable and if they had not done them then someone else would be champions and they would bring money into Scottish football.

Regan needs to study Scottish football in the early 80s and stop being bloody minded into believing that is right or natural that Rangers and Celtic should hold a duopoly over Scottish football.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

?We would all like to see Rangers back to their winning ways as quickly as possible and to improve their financial position in order to bring more money to the game of football in Scotland.?

This just grates my gears so much.

Where is this quote from? Edited by "Charlie"

Malinga the Swinga

They might be signed, but will they be Qualified as well?. I wonder if Regan has also been shown them already by Lambias

Surely he can't have seen the audited accounts as they have not been released to the shareholders and the AIM. Giving a preview to someone unaccounted by corporate governance could lead to opportunities for insider trading.

Geoff Kilpatrick

If the accounts are signed off then there will be a funding guarantee for a going concern. If Mike Ashley has provided it then Regan will look like an even bigger clown.

Footballfirst

If the accounts are signed off then there will be a funding guarantee for a going concern. If Mike Ashley has provided it then Regan will look like an even bigger clown.

There is a halfway position if there is a promise, rather than a guarantee, in which case the accounts may be "qualified"

642e5d70901885f92b538f5c95e258e3.jpg

That would be exactly the same 3 that Barry The Crab said last week would be going about training firing everyone up & ensuring no chance of a defeat, aye?

In exactly the same paper! If Carlsberg.........

Opium for ra peepul. :lol:

according to the BBC the AGM will be on 22nd of December and accounts should be signed off by the end of the week.

If accounts are going to be signed off by the end of the week, then Ashley has done some serious manoeuvring with Deloitte to do so. One wonders what he's promised to allow them to continue as a going concern?

Goldstone Wonder

A Hun mate of mine was telling me at the weekend that Ashley and his cronies have apparently identified three "assets" to sell off in the January window to bring in some dosh. We both identified McLeod and Wallace but were genuinely struggling with the identity of the Third Man. Aird?!

The Mighty Thor

A Hun mate of mine was telling me at the weekend that Ashley and his cronies have apparently identified three "assets" to sell off in the January window to bring in some dosh. We both identified McLeod and Wallace but were genuinely struggling with the identity of the Third Man. Aird?!

Three assets?

McLeod, the car park and Edmiston house?

i wish jj was my dad

FFS, the Record quoting "Bomber" as headline news. The sports media in this country are truly woeful.

The BBC were just as bad.  Derek Ferguson was their resident expert and he agreed with just about all the nonsense this dinosaur was spouting.  Ally has his hands tied behind his back etc. Then he finished it off by saying the Hun would win the league because... because....I'm still waiting on that one.  

Footballfirst

My guess re the "sign off" of the accounts is that it will be based on the following:

• Ashley will underwrite any shortfall to the end of the season, via secured loans.
  • The loans may have options attached that would allow conversion to equity subject to shareholder and SFA approval. 
  • There will be mention of job cuts and cost cutting in all areas of the business.
  • There will be something to indicate that all players are available for transfer in January (at market value), the proceeds of which will reduce the reliance on Ashley's loans.
  • It will be highlighted that at the end of the season 12 or so players will be out of contract which will afford the possibility of balancing the books.  
  • There will be an appeal for missing fans to return to share in the success of a financially stabilised club, by buying half season tickets for the remainder of this season and new season tickets for 2015/16. 
  • Deloittes will include an "Emphasis of matter - Going Concern" statement highlighting the reliance on the loans, incoming transfer fees, ST numbers and player contracts not being renewed.
  • Deloittes will resign as auditors following the AGM.
  • Related party transactions will mention something about agreements with Sports Direct re Retail, Intellectual Property and Advertising rights without explicitly saying what bits of the family silver or future revenue has been (no) surrendered.

Will it happen? I wouldn't put ?1 on it.  For the moment, it will kick the can down the road a bit.

They might be signed, but will they be Qualified as well?. I wonder if Regan has also been shown them already by Lambias

This is what is making me think that Reagan statement and its timing is suspect. I reckon he has seen the books and will now be pushing for league reconstruction as he knows Rangers may not be able to get back to the premier league on merit.

One more season with Rangers outside the SPL changes the landscape for the better for a good few years.

Celtic's power is already on the wain, along with its crowds. Other clubs are getting to basically debt free positions. Rangers are requiring to rebuild also.

One more season apart and we might actually have a properly competitive league with non-Glasgow teams involved for the next 4 or 5 years.

Now that Sevco are destined for the play-offs, presumably Regan and Doncaster are checking if Hugh Dallas can make himself available for a few matches in May.

This is what is making me think that Reagan statement and its timing is suspect. I reckon he has seen the books and will now be pushing for league reconstruction as he knows Rangers may not be able to get back to the premier league on merit.

I'm sure it has been mentioned on here that they can't do it for next season due to some dodgy going's on in Argentina, some new FIFA rule now.

Mind we are talking about the SFA so who knows.  If there is a way for the SFA to help their darlings then they'll do it.

I'm sure it has been mentioned on here that they can't do it for next season due to some dodgy going's on in Argentina, some new FIFA rule now.

Mind we are talking about the SFA so who knows.  If there is a way for the SFA to help their darlings then they'll do it.

Can't do it next season.  Earliest would be for the start of the 2016/17 season.

Hagar the Horrible

What a headache for the SFA, for Rangers to survive, and flourish in their eyes, is to find a mechanism for their return to the top flight and qualify for Europe. All that is standing in their way is us winning the league, and a few other clubs extremely capable of winning the play-offs. But even then for Rangers to continue, they need to allow for a multitude of rules to be broken, Mike Ashley have more actual influence owning 2 clubs in essence, providing financial doping to pay for salaries for players they clearly have no money for? or the alternative is for a foreign convicted tax felon to take ownership. No one club can be bigger than the game, but to just exist... so many rules will need to be broken, and that's over and above the 5 way agreement and ignoring an open tender process to allow them membership into our league. Livi might have a lot to say, punished for the sins of their father. It would be like us getting punished for a misdemeanour Vlad has committed that has got been brought to the fore until now?

Ashley's involvement IS against protocol, King is not a fit and proper person.

Oh and another thing the only way Rangers can get banking facilities regardless of how uber rich the owner is, is to subsume the company entirely into parent company in other words Rangers FC will need to become a subsidiary of Sports Direct (note: other chav sports wear outlets are available).

Hagar the Horrible

So the AGM is on the 22nd December then, accounts will be signed off then...so all good in planet basket case

My guess re the "sign off" of the accounts is that it will be based on the following:

• Ashley will underwrite any shortfall to the end of the season, via secured loans.
  • The loans may have options attached that would allow conversion to equity subject to shareholder and SFA approval. 
  • There will be mention of job cuts and cost cutting in all areas of the business.
  • There will be something to indicate that all players are available for transfer in January (at market value), the proceeds of which will reduce the reliance on Ashley's loans.
  • It will be highlighted that at the end of the season 12 or so players will be out of contract which will afford the possibility of balancing the books.  
  • There will be an appeal for missing fans to return to share in the success of a financially stabilised club, by buying half season tickets for the remainder of this season and new season tickets for 2015/16. 
  • Deloittes will include an "Emphasis of matter - Going Concern" statement highlighting the reliance on the loans, incoming transfer fees, ST numbers and player contracts not being renewed.
  • Related party transactions will mention something about agreements with Sports Direct re Retail, Intellectual Property and Advertising rights without explicitly saying what bits of the family silver or future revenue has been (no) surrendered.

Will it happen? I wouldn't put ?1 on it.  For the moment, it will kick the can down the road a bit.

That's about the most sensible summary of what should/will happen I've seen.

I reckon that's pretty much how it will pan out in terms of the accounts being signed off. Deloitte won't want to damage their reputation with this one so will put all sorts of caveats in the sign-off (even more than last year) and I think you're right about them resigning as auditors too. What still remains to be seen is where the additional cash to see them through to January is coming from. Obviously it will be MA again but what is he going to get in return or secure it against?

The only thing you've mentioned above that I don't think will come into play is the half season tickets / new season tickets part. I know that's what MA and the spivs will be saying to Deloitte in order to get the sign-off but we all know that the Orcs returning in their droves is highly unlikely in the current climate.

22nd December could be an explosive day at ?1brox!

jack D and coke

One more season with Rangers outside the SPL changes the landscape for the better for a good few years.

Celtic's power is already on the wain, along with its crowds. Other clubs are getting to basically debt free positions. Rangers are requiring to rebuild also.

One more season apart and we might actually have a properly competitive league with non-Glasgow teams involved for the next 4 or 5 years.

Jesus man are you mental?!?? That just can't possibly be allowed to happen ra Rainjurs and Cellic must be kept strong! The league is worthless without them pumping everybody senseless every f***** week!! Get a grip man :muggy:

Jesus man are you mental?!?? That just can't possibly be allowed to happen ra Rainjurs and Cellic must be kept strong! The league is worthless without them pumping everybody senseless every ****** week!! Get a grip man :muggy:

And with Regan's comments last night before the news from Rangers about accounts/AGM he is effectively clearing the decks for them to come back no matter what.

Edited by Samster

Footballfirst

Re the Regan quote or was it a misquote?

From a TSFM poster

Yesterday evening, I stumbled across the article in the DR and was stunned to see this quote from Reagan and decided that it was worth sharing on here:

This morning I watched the clip on STV and the portion about ?winning ways? doesn?t feature. I now notice that the DR article has been edited to read:

?We would all like to see Rangers improve their financial position in order to bring money to the game of football in Scotland.?

Now that either suggests that the Record got the quote wrong or embellished it somewhat.  Alternatively, has the SFA(Regan) requested that the full quote is removed from the STV video and the Record?

Neither option would surprise me.  The former would seem par for the course, but the latter wouldn't bear thinking about in terms of corruption at the SFA.

Edited by Footballfirst

jack D and coke

And with Regan's comments last night before the news from Rangers about accounts/AGM he is effectively clearing the decks for them to come back no matter what.

Aye I seem to have missed this what did he say?

So Mike Ashley is the Rangers owner then, well judging by the contempt he is showing the SFA he's off to a cracking start by telling his lawyers to deal with the small yapping dog that is the SFA. Regan with that interview has just lost any bargaining position the SFA had by saying that Scottish football needs Sevco in order to land big contracts. I have deduced from that, as will Ashley, that he can do whatever he wants and the SFA will just have to agree to it.

Oh, and the SFA would not be responsible for reconstruction, that would need SPFL approval. And as we ALL know Doncaster has said the top 12 clubs NEED to play each other 4 times a season as there is not enough money to expand the top flight to 16 or 18 clubs that fans want. I'd guess though that if Sevco are not looking like winning the title by March that SPFL meetings will start up again about reconstruction, unless they plan on getting referees to "influence" matches near the end of the season to ease Sevco through the playoffs.

Edited by hawaii

alwaysthereinspirit

Re the Regan quote or was it a misquote?

From a TSFM poster

Now that either suggests that the Record got the quote wrong or embellished it somewhat.  Alternatively, has the SFA(Regan) requested that the full quote is removed from the STV video and the Record?

Neither option would surprise me.  The former would seem par for the course, but the latter wouldn't bear thinking about in terms of corruption at the SFA.

If the "we would all like..................ways" quote is real then I need to know who WE is. Talk about bringing the game into disrepute. Another bogey by our learned leaders.

How do you actually get inside the SFA/SPFL and investigate it? How do you weed out corruption and expose it?

Like it cant be the case that the body for such an important part of a nations life, sport and economy is untouchable, surely?

Serious questions.

Edited by Jammy T

How do you actually get inside the SFA/SPFL and investigate it? How do you weed out corruption and expose it?

Like it cant be the case that the body for such an important part of a nations life, sport and economy is untouchable, surely?

Serious questions.

You only have to look at its parent body.  Teflon coated. 

Oh, and the SFA would not be responsible for reconstruction, that would need SPFL approval. And as we ALL know Doncaster has said the top 12 clubs NEED to play each other 4 times a season as there is not enough money to expand the top flight to 16 or 18 clubs that fans want. I'd guess though that if Sevco are not looking like winning the title by March that SPFL meetings will start up again about reconstruction, unless they plan on getting referees to "influence" matches near the end of the season to ease Sevco through the playoffs.

If in May 2015 Sevco did not get promoted I am sure there would be some jiggery-pokery by the SPFL blazers (regardless of its rules) to increase the number of clubs in the premiership to whatever number is required to get Sevco included.  Then of course the number would be reduced in 2016 back down to 12 to allow 4 OF games a season.   

The fact that Reagan and Doncaster were recruited from establishments in England (with no links to the OF) just shows how deep corruption can spread.

So Mike Ashley is the Rangers owner then, well judging by the contempt he is showing the SFA he's off to a cracking start by telling his lawyers to deal with the small yapping dog that is the SFA. Regan with that interview has just lost any bargaining position the SFA had by saying that Scottish football needs Sevco in order to land big contracts. I have deduced from that, as will Ashley, that he can do whatever he wants and the SFA will just have to agree to it.

Regan, as has Doncaster, have both shown by their sycophancy towards Sevco that they have lost all credibility in ANY negotiations with TV/Sponsors/the clubs.

They are no longer (nor ever have been) fit for purpose.

They are clerks not CEO's!

History proves the organisations that are not open and transparent, at least to a reasonable degree, breed inefficiency AND corruption faster than a passel of bunnies!

Hegel again. 

?The only thing we learn from history is that we learn nothing from history.? Edited by colinmaroon

Francis Albert

Serious questions.

The only way is for the majority of clubs to demand it and vote accordingly. Unfortunately too many clubs go along with the theory that the only real attraction in Scottish football is the "greatest rivalry

in world football", which seems to be the only thing Doncaster and the rest have ever seriously attempted to promote and sell.

Fort Vallance

Only way to do it for the SPFL is to punish Hearts...

15 point deduction for not lying down to them, which equates to not acting in the upmost good faith.

An excellent analysis as always FF, but that closing remark get's my goat!  I've been hearing it regularly in meetings these past few months.  I can only assume it's the latest buzz phrase from the world of consultancy and some of our senior guys have latched onto it thinking it makes them sound trendy!

Joking aside, I wouldn't be surprised if you are not too far off the mark in a lot of your guesses.

Shooter seems to have been arrested in Mexico.

Hiding in a country that has an extradition treaty with the UK?  Not very clever.

If he sings like a canary this whole mess might unravel.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic