The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Guess The Crowd

Thought that was a bit of a hatchet job tbf

Grossly unfair on Black, that. Typical tabloid stuff, taking his comments out of context and twisting them.

TriggersBroom

Sensible post and good to hear a fans perspective. You speak a lot more sense than most of the Rangers fan I know that's for sure who still believe they have this divine right to be spunking millions on players and giving everybody a right good strapping week in week out. I won't lie and say I haven't enjoyed watching Rangers toil but I have empathy too knowing that it almost happened to us and we have been incredibly lucky that Mrs Budge has came in and rescued us and looks to be doing all the right things to make us a sustainable business whereas I believe Rangers are on the road straight back down where they came from ie spending fortunes just because they believe it is their right and the only way to keep their fans interest. Do you believe there's any truth in that?

On the outside looking in I almost can't believe what has went on it has been a soap opera. Is the only way to rescue your team not everybody en masse point blank refusing to put another penny in to the club? Surely completely starving them out is the only option here? It's a shambles from top to bottom.

I don't think we should have a sense of entitlement, not saying some don't think that way though. I just think if we sell 30k+ season tickets, that is several millions pounds, then of course some of that should be spent buying players. And if we have more money than our rivals, and in and ideal world where more money buys extra quality, I would hope we would buy some of the better players in the game. I don't think that could be deemed to be a sign of entitlement. But I don't expect someone to just pump their money into us. However, Rangers are a big club with bags of potential, so if a rich person was to invest in us, it could be mutually beneficial because the share prices would go up, thus protecting their investment while a successful Rangers thrive. 

Interesting comments from TriggersBroom. Living where I do, the only chance I get to gauge what fans are thinking is internet forums like this and other clubs versions. I have to say that you seem to be in a small minority within your support. Or is this just the impression your forums like Bears Den and Rangers Media give? Also looking at what RobNox is saying above, that was the exact philosophy Kenny Dalglish used when he was at Blackburn - get players in who were good enough to get them out of the division (eg centre forward was Duncan Shearer in Div 2) replaced by Alan Shearer when they got promoted to the Prem. 

In general, I don't think forums are representative of the average football supporter. Not in my experience anyway. I have many many Rangers supporting friends, and it is completely different discussing Rangers with them as it is discussing Rangers with the guys on these forums. It is the muppets on the forums that have the loudest voice. They post more and give out more criticism than a normal fan, in my opinion. Whenever I offer an opinion on the forums that might go against the grain, then I get called a tim..  Football forums can be frustrating as hell though. I used Pie and Bovril for a short while, but my god it is full of trolls. Too much hate for Rangers, so I was wasting my time looking for reasonable discussion. 

I know this might be a bit controversial, but the vast majority of Rangers fans I know are social incompetents, who cling to that club like a comfort blanket. It's like they feel it's the only way they could ever be guaranteed to be associated with success in their life. I appreciate I'm from Edinburgh and there will be thousands of proper 'local-team' blue noses through in the 'Weedge' but the guys from through here, WTF?

Harsh I know, but just my opinion.

Can't really comment on that. You might just be unlucky. Most Gers fans I know are sound. Then again I'm a Highland laddie :2thumbsup: . Maybe an urban football fan is different to a rural football fan? 

That was my point SUTOL, they are The Rangers however from top to bottom still seem to have the attitude they are the old Glasgow Rangers that made up 50% of the old firm and used to compete with Celtic for the title of "best club in Scotland".

My point was that there never has been a team/club in the senior leagues called Glasgow Rangers.

Any club/team in the senior leagues playing at Ibrox was called The Rangers. 

So the tribute acts accounts need to be out on Friday at the latest if they are to have that Agm by year end as Aim rules dictate.

Wonder what Deloitte's take on the "going concern" part will be seeing as a minority shareholder is keeping the lights on with monthly loans?.

What would happen if the accounts are not out by Friday? 

Can anyone access them?  or only shareholders?  (sorry for all the quesitons - just curious)

So the tribute acts accounts need to be out on Friday at the latest if they are to have that Agm by year end as Aim rules dictate.

Wonder what Deloitte's take on the "going concern" part will be seeing as a minority shareholder is keeping the lights on with monthly loans?.

If they fail to meet AIM's rules regarding this, do you know what can happen, or is likely to happen..?

If it's just delisting, that would probably actually suit them, as its one less layer of scrutiny for their finances, and less requirement for openness.

Geoff Kilpatrick

If they fail to meet AIM's rules regarding this, do you know what can happen, or is likely to happen..?

If it's just delisting, that would probably actually suit them, as its one less layer of scrutiny for their finances, and less requirement for openness.

Suspended share trading and potential fines.

Hagar the Horrible

I know this might be a bit controversial, but the vast majority of Rangers fans I know are social incompetents, who cling to that club like a comfort blanket. It's like they feel it's the only way they could ever be guaranteed to be associated with success in their life. I appreciate I'm from Edinburgh and there will be thousands of proper 'local-team' blue noses through in the 'Weedge' but the guys from through here, WTF?

Harsh I know, but just my opinion.

Its not just your opinion mate, I wrote a paper on this years ago during the Walter 9IAR era, and basically how people attach themselves to something else more successful. Basically it is when losers in life cling onto to their football team so the success rubs off and for a while they can feel socially superior. When Rangers were spending ?millions the fans felt like it was them as individuals who spent the money as if it came from their bank account. The downside is when it all goes wrong and they have to deal with reality that need careful monitoring. A football fan who supports something like East Stirling and goes every week, is usually also content in life. With the Old Firm there is also the bigot value? focusing their inbuilt loathing to the nearest threat, Allows this individual to release pressure, they can vent their anger and failings on each other in the pressure cooker of their own making. The Romans had it right put on a bloodbath and the Plebs wont concentrate their frustrations on bringing down the establishment. We as a race have not evolved that much really. But what the old firm don't get, and they never will, is that with every success they do get due to being financially stronger; it wears off quick and you get over the loss to easily, The first game we lost to Hibs after the 22 in a row, hurt like hell, and the result from Saturday I am still on cloud nine. Yet I consider myself to be content in life, although I still have a drive to better myself.

What was also in my research was that apart from the well publicised domestic violence that increases, The other side of the coin is around Europe and the rest of the World, is that when a City has only 1 team and it wins something, there is a baby boom, and this is also true when a country wins the World Cup.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Delisting & a share trading suspension I'd say. If they cannot give Deloitte's a business plan enabling them to be signed off as a going concern questions should really be asked about their ability to fulfil their fixture list imo.

The fixture list thing is a load of crap! Were we asked to give guarantees to fulfil our fixtures despite saying that the St Mirren game could be our last ever game? No.

PMGB (I know, I know) thinks a fine in the region of ?200-300k. Of course that would come along with suspension of shares and de-listing which in itself would cause untold problems.

Its not just your opinion mate, I wrote a paper on this years ago during the Walter 9IAR era, and basically how people attach themselves to something else more successful. Basically it is when losers in life cling onto to their football team so the success rubs off and for a while they can feel socially superior. When Rangers were spending ?millions the fans felt like it was them as individuals who spent the money as if it came from their bank account. The downside is when it all goes wrong and they have to deal with reality that need careful monitoring. A football fan who supports something like East Stirling and goes every week, is usually also content in life. With the Old Firm there is also the bigot value? focusing their inbuilt loathing to the nearest threat, Allows this individual to release pressure, they can vent their anger and failings on each other in the pressure cooker of their own making. The Romans had it right put on a bloodbath and the Plebs wont concentrate their frustrations on bringing down the establishment. We as a race have not evolved that much really. But what the old firm don't get, and they never will, is that with every success they do get due to being financially stronger; it wears off quick and you get over the loss to easily, The first game we lost to Hibs after the 22 in a row, hurt like hell, and the result from Saturday I am still on cloud nine. Yet I consider myself to be content in life, although I still have a drive to better myself.

What was also in my research was that apart from the well publicised domestic violence that increases, The other side of the coin is around Europe and the rest of the World, is that when a City has only 1 team and it wins something, there is a baby boom, and this is also true when a country wins the World Cup.

Where would it be possible to read this paper?  Sounds interesting...

Hagar the Horrible

Where would it be possible to read this paper?  Sounds interesting...

I am probably going to have to re-write it, but it could do with an update as the Liquidation part has had a bearing on the mind-set, plus Celtic who have been out of the media lime-light especially this season do have a degree of apathy and their light is fading. Rangers not winning the league, and indeed failing to go up, for me would be a fantastic case study? Liverpool who built and deserved their success over a 20 year epoch was interesting when it slowly faded, Man Utd are becoming the new Aberdeen, post SAF era, they might have to get used to being ordinary, Chelsea and Man City are better case studies. But Rangers failing to win the league or even gain promotion is a wonderful opportunity to observe abject failure on a grand scale? A once in a lifetime opportunity.

If there is an appetite for it I can probably re-create it, but research data and stats will have to be taken on trust as times move on, but what is constant is the social aspect of success by proxy. It is more than glory hunting, as it also includes a massive amount of people who don't even go to the games but somehow they feed of success and boost their own egos and social status by lording it above somebody say a middle class Falkirk fan. I am not just talking about somebody who does not go to games due to his circumstances in life, making it difficult I am talking about part time arm chair detractor.

PMGB (I know, I know) thinks a fine in the region of ?200-300k. Of course that would come along with suspension of shares and de-listing which in itself would cause untold problems.

Has this Phil Mhglabaglab chap ever got anything close to correct?

Glamorgan Jambo

I always thought that the deadline for AIM listed companies was the accounts had to be published 6 months after the end of the financial year. AGMs need to be within 3 months of publication of accounts.

Not sure where the 31st December deadline for Sevco's AGM has come from - football authorities?

There would have to be some sort of financial penalty. Voluntary delisting has associated costs so they wouldn't get that for free. Unless Craig Thomson's in charge! Edited by Zico

Hagar the Horrible

I always thought that the deadline for AIM listed companies was the accounts had to be published 6 months after the end of the financial year. AGMs need to be within 3 months of publication of accounts.

Not sure where the 31st December deadline for Sevco's AGM has come from - football authorities?

To call the AGM then it needs to done by the 10th December to host it this year? however to have it before Christmas then you are looking the 3rd? so the accounts I suppose need to be signed off this week then, Its over to Ashley to throw more money at them to keep the lights on, for the AGM.

Remember - who was it ... Greenock Morton ? ... called an AGM at 7:30 pm on Hogmanay, so that virtually no one could go ?

Can't remember the circumstances ...

Apart from it being accounts day, no. Any dumping of shares before then could be a prequel to something afoot.

Always worth keeping an eye on share transactions when a fledgling company are in deep financial troubles etc..

Just over ?6,600 worth of shares sold this morning (none purchased) and all around the 23p mark so the share price is down 2p since Friday. Quite a drop when you consider the low value of the shares, it's around 8%. If it continues then there very well could be something afoot.

Has this Phil Mhglabaglab chap ever got anything close to correct?

No, not a lot anyway! Hence the massive pinch of salt. However, there must be comparisons to be made with other companies not publishing accounts on time.

Delisting & a share trading suspension I'd say. If they cannot give Deloitte's a business plan enabling them to be signed off as a going concern questions should really be asked about their ability to fulfil their fixture list imo.

Presumably if they don't meat the deadline, and won't / can't pay a fine, the shares will be delisted - so AIM will not be able to suspend their trading..?

Actually looks like quite a favourable result for Rangers - or am I missing something..?

Actually, here is an example of the penalty received by Seymour Pierce who were in breach of the rules as a NOMAD back in 2011. Nothing like the same offence as this was for a series of rule breaches as a NOMAD not as a listed company, but still a ?200k fine up front with a further ?200k suspended so Rangers are definitely playing with fire. Be interesting to see if Daniel Stewart have sorted their mess out or if they will be hit with something similar to this.

http://www.londonstockexchange.com/companies-and-advisors/aim/advisers/aim-notices/aim-notice-ad11.pdf

More on the Seymour Pierce punishment:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/banksandfinance/8971165/Seymour-Pierce-hit-with-record-fine.html

Presumably if they don't meat the deadline, and won't / can't pay a fine, the shares will be delisted - so AIM will not be able to suspend their trading..?

Actually looks like quite a favourable result for Rangers - or am I missing something..?

Mmmmmm... bacon rolls! :2thumbsup:

Footballfirst

Be interesting to see if Daniel Stewart have sorted their mess out or if they will be hit with something similar to this.

The last info we had from Daniel Stewart was on 6th November, when they stated that they were waiting on FCA approval for an offshore investor to provide funds.

http://www.londonstockexchange.com/exchange/news/market-news/market-news-detail/12142081.html

Hagar the Horrible

Can they stay in Business if they stay down?

They can stay in business if they get to the Champions League every year? If they can find a sugar daddy willing to put in 10 to 20 Million every year. Their business model is insane, the 120 day review, had it been from an independent business analyst would tell them their model is not fit for the lower league? They have a squad that cost them ?7m per annum, and it is not good enough, If they have to fork out ?7k per week for the standard such as Black, then bettering him will be way beyond their price range.

Surely they had a plan to have another share issue? would that not be kyboshed if they can trade?

Surely they had a plan to have another share issue? would that not be kyboshed if they can trade?

I'm not sure Rents, I'm guessing that AIMS can only actually suspend trading on AIMS itself, and that if they are delisted (even if they're kicked out) shares will still be able to be traded out with that market - just as we can trade Hearts shares, though they're not listed on AIMS.

The last info we had from Daniel Stewart was on 6th November, when they stated that they were waiting on FCA approval for an offshore investor to provide funds.

http://www.londonstockexchange.com/exchange/news/market-news/market-news-detail/12142081.html

Thanks FF. Still in a bit of a pickle!

Exactly. That's another potential revenue stream blocked which is probably quite good for Ashley as he wants the overall control and doesn't want another share issue anyway. Makes Ashley's vice-like grip even stronger.

King Of The Cat Cafe

Just got a text from a mate in Police Scotland, apparently Ally McCoist was caught for speeding on his way to work today.   He told the cops he would do anything for three points.

Fxxx the SPFL

Just got a text from a mate in Police Scotland, apparently Ally McCoist was caught for speeding on his way to work today.   He told the cops he would do anything for three points.

Ha Ha good one.

The Future's Maroon

:2thumbsup:

The old ones are the best....

Will the BDO liquidation process include tracing the deeds for the orange bowl? Or do they just ensure the transaction was lawful and appropriate, rather than worrying about who holds them?

pettigrewsstylist

Now that, mate,, is the best for a while :) ,,im off to send a squillion texts right now :)

Will the BDO liquidation process include tracing the deeds for the orange bowl? Or do they just ensure the transaction was lawful and appropriate, rather than worrying about who holds them?

And will they get "Bomber" to ask the question for them......whaur's ra deeds?

And will they get "Bomber" to ask the question for them......whaur's ra deeds?

Where's the easy part according to many - Blackpool.

And also true when a club signs Leigh Griffiths :)

Suspension would benefit from a non disclosure point if view, but doesn't help them build a credit rating for when they want full banking facilities later on.

Decent accounts/balance sheets are what banks like to see.

I don't think any Scottish football club would be deluded enough to think that they would be considered for any significant bank funding for a long time to come. Particularly a club with the well known issues Rangers have.

Earlier than expected but good news for us.

b31aed37a365fbb4bed175052020597e.jpg

I thought he was poor against us but it is unfair to put the weight of a whole club on the shoulders of one so young.

alwaysthereinspirit

Earlier than expected but good news for us.b31aed37a365fbb4bed175052020597e.jpg

Hope it's Burnley. 250,000 max. Every team south of the border knows they're desperate.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic