The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Officially either 15 or 25. 

25 if it seen as the same club

15 if it is a new club. 

Is it not a percentage of last seasons points that is deducted? 

25 being the maximum for entering admin twice.

CavySlaveJambo

Is it not a percentage of last seasons points that is deducted? 

25 being the maximum for entering admin twice.

No changed the rules. We were punished as a % under the old SPL rules. When it merged into the SPFL it changed into the 15 or 25 points rules.  

No changed the rules. We were punished as a % under the old SPL rules. When it merged into the SPFL it changed into the 15 or 25 points rules.  

Ah, did not realise that. Will be interesting if it ever does happen. My money will be on them definitely not getting a 25 points deduction. 

Ah, did not realise that. Will be interesting if it ever does happen. My money will be on them definitely not getting a 25 points deduction.

The rule change also now clarifies that the points deduction applies to an insolvency event occurring with either the football club or the holding company - this would be their second insolvency event, and would bring an automatic 25 point deduction.

The rule change also now clarifies that the points deduction applies to an insolvency event occurring with either the football club or the holding company - this would be their second insolvency event, and would bring an automatic 25 point deduction.

For this reason I don't think they will do one of these "pre pack admins"

Jambof3tornado

Imagine them suffering admin 2,finishing fourth and winning the play off v 3rd and 2nd then losing against 11th in the premiership!!!

For this reason I don't think they will do one of these "pre pack admins"

It will certainly make them think twice, but if administration (or even liquidation?) is the only way for them to get out from their "onerous contracts" and get their spending under control, then it may be their least bad option.

From the SPFL Rules;

E5 Where a Club, whether owned and operated by the same or a different Member, suffers or is subject to an Insolvency Event which results in a deduction of points in terms of these Rules and within 5 years of the date of such Insolvency Event suffers or is subject to a further Insolvency Event which is not part of the same Insolvency Process as the Insolvency Event then suffered, the points deduction applicable in terms of Rules E1 in respect of that second or further Insolvency Event, shall be 25 points with the 15 points in Rules E2 and E3 being 25 Points.

:thumb:

Gasman. So this "insolvency event" can that mean liquidation as well as administration ? Is this a rule change that means a club can be. Liquidated and remain in their current league ?

Geoff Kilpatrick

Gasman. So this "insolvency event" can that mean liquidation as well as administration ? Is this a rule change that means a club can be. Liquidated and remain in their current league ?

If they are liquidated they die and their results are expunged from the record.

brunoatemyhamster

Imagine them suffering admin 2,finishing fourth and winning the play off v 3rd and 2nd then losing against 11th in the premiership!!!

Imagine that and   them doing a Hubz in a penalty shoot out .  :brucey:

If they are liquidated they die and their results are expunged from the record.

What is quite interesting (ok, maybe not!), is that right now liquidation for Rangers today would actually reduce our lead at the top of the table to 7 points with Queen of the South becoming our nearest challengers...

What is quite interesting (ok, maybe not!), is that right now liquidation for Rangers today would actually reduce our lead at the top of the table to 7 points with Queen of the South becoming our nearest challengers...

Nope, I've read that three times and it still doesn't make sense!

Geoff Kilpatrick

Nope, I've read that three times and it still doesn't make sense!

It means that Sevco's disappearance would take 6 points, 4 goals for and 1 goal conceded off our standings since our two wins over them would disappear. QoS lost at Ibronx so they don't lose any points.

Edited by Geoff Kilpatrick

It means that Sevco's disappearance would take 6 points, 4 goals for and 1 goal conceded off our standings since our two wins over them would disappear. QoS lost at Ibronx so they don't lose any points.

Okay, got you. Didn't realise they would annul results against them.

tartofmidlothian

Okay, got you. Didn't realise they would annul results against them.

Would they not just award a 3-0 win in each match? Sure they said that was possible with Gretna.

Edited by tartofmidlothian

TriggersBroom

It's great comparing how we've dealt with coming out of admin with how they've dealt with it

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=276214

These two comments are spot on:-

"hearts have good young players as they budget long ago forced them to get rid of older pros......a lot of them are now in their 2nd or 3rd year of playing senior football together and it shows. Ann Budge has made tough calls that are for benefit of the club long term....she does not give a **** about making money "

"The likes of Barrie McKay, Luca Gasparotto, Callum Gallagher, Ryan Sinnamon, Kane Hemmings and a few more should have played a big part in our rise from the bottom, that Ann Budge woman and Robbie Nielson have shown up and embarrassed McCoist his pals & and our pathetic board members of the last 3 years."

The penny is finally dropping for them. They've ****ed it.

As a Rangers fan, the penny dropped just a few weeks into our 3rd Division season. I think it's a bit of a myth on here that Rangers fans remain blind to the clubs shortcomings. When we were signing players like Kevin Kyle, Cribari, Foster, Smith etc (list is endless) everyone knew we were going about it in the wrong way. Everyone apart from management. Go on the forums and you'll see discontent of Ally's management go back 3 years. Fans have generally backed him to the hilt though because he was the solitary figurehead at the club, and a legend to boot. 

Would they not just award a 3-0 win in each match? Sure they said that was possible with Gretna.

It just gives the same outcome as annulling their results.

ie QotS would gain 6 points on us

Edited by salecc

alwaysthereinspirit

It just gives the same outcome as annulling their results.

ie QotS would gain 6 points on us

Assuming our goal difference would improve slightly though?

Assuming our goal difference would improve slightly though?

Not as well as their's or anyone else who has dropped points to them.

It's great comparing how we've dealt with coming out of admin with how they've dealt with it

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=276214

These two comments are spot on:-

"hearts have good young players as they budget long ago forced them to get rid of older pros......a lot of them are now in their 2nd or 3rd year of playing senior football together and it shows. Ann Budge has made tough calls that are for benefit of the club long term....she does not give a **** about making money "

"The likes of Barrie McKay, Luca Gasparotto, Callum Gallagher, Ryan Sinnamon, Kane Hemmings and a few more should have played a big part in our rise from the bottom, that Ann Budge woman and Robbie Nielson have shown up and embarrassed McCoist his pals & and our pathetic board members of the last 3 years."

The penny is finally dropping for them. They've ****ed it.

Rangers moved from admin to liquidation and are currently in liquidation with BDO handling it. The rangers are a new club and were allowed to enter the scottish league in the 3rd division.

In the event of a second admin, how many points would they lose? (sorry, its definitely old ground,but hey ho). (and yes in the SFAs eyes it will be a second admin)

It's not a second admin, the current tribute act are a new club who were admitted to the 3rd division by the sfa/spl/sfl in 2012 and have never been in admin, check companies house if you don't believe me.

Ironically, rangers in liquidation recently received 24 million pounds in an out of court settlement with lawyers collyer bristows insurance company, so currently, rangers in liquidation have more cash in the bank than "I can't believe it's not rangers". got to love the irony and karma of that one.

Edited by Dutchmul

Thumb Up Emoji

As a Rangers fan, the penny dropped just a few weeks into our 3rd Division season. I think it's a bit of a myth on here that Rangers fans remain blind to the clubs shortcomings. When we were signing players like Kevin Kyle, Cribari, Foster, Smith etc (list is endless) everyone knew we were going about it in the wrong way. Everyone apart from management. Go on the forums and you'll see discontent of Ally's management go back 3 years. Fans have generally backed him to the hilt though because he was the solitary figurehead at the club, and a legend to boot.

Cheers for commenting.

Are you not totally raging with how things are? And can you ever see a way of fans trying to gain control of the club?

I feel very lucky that we have Budge and the rest of the board/staff. Your situation is an indication of how badly it could have been handled.

Guest oldcastlerock2012

Remember that. They changed the rules from 10 points to a % after Rangers went under and when it was obvious we were heading that way, then after we'd gone under and Rangers still looked in danger they changed it back to the lesser punishment. No team has been punished more for going into admin the first time than us and they'll keep the rules as lenient as possible until Rangers are out of danger.

Edited by oldcastlerock2012

Are you not totally raging with how things are? And can you ever see a way of fans trying to gain control of the club?

I feel very lucky that we have Budge and the rest of the board/staff. Your situation is an indication of how badly it could have been handled.

I recently had lunch with a Rangers season ticket holder, who has put a lot of corporate money into the club in the past. I asked a similar question regarding what options/groups (if any) were looking at a fan ownership solution.

To my surprise his clear (and genuinely considered) answer was that fan ownership was of no benefit to Rangers as (1) it wouldn't allow them to compete with Celtic immediately (2) it would not allow them to 'challenge' in Europe.

To me his answer seemed void of reality. His genuine expectation was (and still is) that a single, rich investor will appear to bank roll in a manner similar to days gone by....

Quite staggering really!

And Billy Davies was at the game yesterday .

quote name="indianajones" post="4543510" timestamp="1416676465"]They are chatting about the desired new manager choice.

Mixu is getting a few shouts with Billy Davies taking the lead. 

WTF are they thinking? Mixu?!?!

Skivingatwork

They can speculate all they want but the cold, hard truth is that they can't afford to sack a management team on c?1.5m per year whilst taking emergency loans each month to make payroll.

TriggersBroom

Cheers for commenting.

There are no words for how I feel about Rangers at present. The club seem to be doing everything in their power to drive fans away. A constant stream of lies, smoke and mirrors. Guys who seem to have the clubs best interests at heart aren't allowed a look in. So corrupt. That's just off the pitch.

On the pitch we are so disjointed. Bang average football players earning ridiculous sums. Players that come to us with a degree of talent and then turn mince. Players not fit to wear the badge. 

I was genuinely happy (jealous too) for Hearts. It seemed very complicated at first, but the way it worked out allowed someone to come in, arrange a CVA and clean the slate. As a football fan who knows what a football club can mean to you, its right that it shouldn't be financially used and abused. But cleaning the slate was only the start, arguably the hardest part is to build a solid foundation. You seem to have done that. Very jealous. 

It feels to me Rangers have never been afforded this. From Whyte deliberately putting us into Admin, getting his cronies to do the administration, sell to no-one other than Green (and his faceless investors). He sells shares to Easedales. Some where in there Ashley gets his grubby mits all over Rangers. It just feels as though we never stood a chance to actually have the club to ourselves, or at least in the hands of someone remotely trust worthy. Even if fans were to buy into shares in mass, Wigs could do a Whyte, and walk away with the clubs assets. Fans will be left with nothing most likely. I'm not sure how fan ownership would work. Other than our huge fan base having Rangers at heart, there is very little else we agree on. A very divided support at present. 

Put simply, not a nice time to be a Bear. Could we worse though, could support a team in green. 

jamboinglasgow

all the Rangers fans I know all say the same thing, Rangers should have built a team from the bottom tier, a group of talented youngsters with some experienced players to help them, you could have one or two bigger name players. But the board and McCoist did the opposite. Take last year for example, McCoist wanted to go the whole season unbeaten, never gave youngsters any chance, even when the season was wrapped up he had an aim to go unbeaten when no in the media or among the fans were interested in that.

all the Rangers fans I know all say the same thing, Rangers should have built a team from the bottom tier, a group of talented youngsters with some experienced players to help them, you could have one or two bigger name players. But the board and McCoist did the opposite. Take last year for example, McCoist wanted to go the whole season unbeaten, never gave youngsters any chance, even when the season was wrapped up he had an aim to go unbeaten when no in the media or among the fans were interested in that.

The ones I know say this too, but only now. Before they were going on about how they are Rangers, and that they are entitled to a certain standard of player, as they should be in the Premiership, challenging Celtic, because that is where they belong.

jack D and coke

There are no words for how I feel about Rangers at present. The club seem to be doing everything in their power to drive fans away. A constant stream of lies, smoke and mirrors. Guys who seem to have the clubs best interests at heart aren't allowed a look in. So corrupt. That's just off the pitch.

On the pitch we are so disjointed. Bang average football players earning ridiculous sums. Players that come to us with a degree of talent and then turn mince. Players not fit to wear the badge.

I was genuinely happy (jealous too) for Hearts. It seemed very complicated at first, but the way it worked out allowed someone to come in, arrange a CVA and clean the slate. As a football fan who knows what a football club can mean to you, its right that it shouldn't be financially used and abused. But cleaning the slate was only the start, arguably the hardest part is to build a solid foundation. You seem to have done that. Very jealous.

It feels to me Rangers have never been afforded this. From Whyte deliberately putting us into Admin, getting his cronies to do the administration, sell to no-one other than Green (and his faceless investors). He sells shares to Easedales. Some where in there Ashley gets his grubby mits all over Rangers. It just feels as though we never stood a chance to actually have the club to ourselves, or at least in the hands of someone remotely trust worthy. Even if fans were to buy into shares in mass, Wigs could do a Whyte, and walk away with the clubs assets. Fans will be left with nothing most likely. I'm not sure how fan ownership would work. Other than our huge fan base having Rangers at heart, there is very little else we agree on. A very divided support at present.

Put simply, not a nice time to be a Bear. Could we worse though, could support a team in green.

Sensible post and good to hear a fans perspective. You speak a lot more sense than most of the Rangers fan I know that's for sure who still believe they have this divine right to be spunking millions on players and giving everybody a right good strapping week in week out. I won't lie and say I haven't enjoyed watching Rangers toil but I have empathy too knowing that it almost happened to us and we have been incredibly lucky that Mrs Budge has came in and rescued us and looks to be doing all the right things to make us a sustainable business whereas I believe Rangers are on the road straight back down where they came from ie spending fortunes just because they believe it is their right and the only way to keep their fans interest. Do you believe there's any truth in that?

On the outside looking in I almost can't believe what has went on it has been a soap opera. Is the only way to rescue your team not everybody en masse point blank refusing to put another penny in to the club? Surely completely starving them out is the only option here? It's a shambles from top to bottom.

Re Ashley doesn't his limited shareholding leave him wide open to be ****ed over in the boardroom once more money comes in?

Re Ashley doesn't his limited shareholding leave him wide open to be messed over in the boardroom once more money comes in?

He's a minority shareholder, but he has the majority shareholders by the balls with his secured loans - they need his money.

Sensible post and good to hear a fans perspective. You speak a lot more sense than most of the Rangers fan I know that's for sure who still believe they have this divine right to be spunking millions on players and giving everybody a right good strapping week in week out. I won't lie and say I haven't enjoyed watching Rangers toil but I have empathy too knowing that it almost happened to us and we have been incredibly lucky that Mrs Budge has came in and rescued us and looks to be doing all the right things to make us a sustainable business whereas I believe Rangers are on the road straight back down where they came from ie spending fortunes just because they believe it is their right and the only way to keep their fans interest. Do you believe there's any truth in that?

On the outside looking in I almost can't believe what has went on it has been a soap opera. Is the only way to rescue your team not everybody en masse point blank refusing to put another penny in to the club? Surely completely starving them out is the only option here? It's a shambles from top to bottom.

It's only a part solution. The assets will never be owned by the next incarnation.

Ideally have a fans owned club buying the football rights and give up on Ibrox/Murray Park. Have sort Coventry City scenario where they refuse to deal with the owners of the ground and groundshare elsewhere.

That would be fun.

Glamorgan Jambo

Very interesting comments, thanks for making them.

It's eternally a mystery to me why Rangers, on going to the bottom league, didn't restructure themselves from top to bottom. My only conclusion is that the need for people like Green and the Easdales to realise as much cash as possible as soon as possible led to some horrible decisions on the player recruitment front.

I'm not a McCoist fan but he's been operating from a, likely misguided. sense of his value in maintaining continuity between the current club and the club most of the fans are used to. It would have been from a commercial perspective disastrous if he'd walked out shortly after Green walked in but with 20 20 hindsight it would have been the right thing to do. The IPO wouldn't have got off the ground and the Green group would have been gone 12 - 18 months after arriving.

The other advantage Hearts had was that for many years we'd had a decent youth set up at Riccarton and in fairness to the Romanov regime investment was always ring fenced and maintained on player development... while most other aspects of the club infrastructure decayed.

Very interesting comments, thanks for making them.

It's eternally a mystery to me why Rangers, on going to the bottom league, didn't restructure themselves from top to bottom. My only conclusion is that the need for people like Green and the Easdales to realise as much cash as possible as soon as possible led to some horrible decisions on the player recruitment front.

I'm not a McCoist fan but he's been operating from a, likely misguided. sense of his value in maintaining continuity between the current club and the club most of the fans are used to. It would have been from a commercial perspective disastrous if he'd walked out shortly after Green walked in but with 20 20 hindsight it would have been the right thing to do. The IPO wouldn't have got off the ground and the Green group would have been gone 12 - 18 months after arriving.

The other advantage Hearts had was that for many years we'd had a decent youth set up at Riccarton and in fairness to the Romanov regime investment was always ring fenced and maintained on player development... while most other aspects of the club infrastructure decayed.

The 'we arra peepul' an 'warchestz' mentality that Waltur displayed (club legend) the other day?

Mugs.

The 'we arra peepul' an 'warchestz' mentality that Waltur displayed (club legend) the other day?

Mugs.

Correct. Walter complaining that the Board have not backed Ally enough, and highlighting how he got to sign the players he wanted. That is what caused the original Rangers' death in the first place.

I was chatting to a Rangers fan in the pub before the game, seemed decent enough and talked a lot sense.  Like above, he couldn't understand why Rangers hadn't just brought in good quality Championship players when they were in League 2.  Would have still skooshed the league, strengthen a bit more in season 2 then start bringing in Premiership quality players this season.

N Lincs Jambo

Interesting comments from TriggersBroom. Living where I do, the only chance I get to gauge what fans are thinking is internet forums like this and other clubs versions. I have to say that you seem to be in a small minority within your support. Or is this just the impression your forums like Bears Den and Rangers Media give? Also looking at what RobNox is saying above, that was the exact philosophy Kenny Dalglish used when he was at Blackburn - get players in who were good enough to get them out of the division (eg centre forward was Duncan Shearer in Div 2) replaced by Alan Shearer when they got promoted to the Prem. 

Interesting comments from TriggersBroom. Living where I do, the only chance I get to gauge what fans are thinking is internet forums like this and other clubs versions. I have to say that you seem to be in a small minority within your support. Or is this just the impression your forums like Bears Den and Rangers Media give? Also looking at what RobNox is saying above, that was the exact philosophy Kenny Dalglish used when he was at Blackburn - get players in who were good enough to get them out of the division (eg centre forward was Duncan Shearer in Div 2) replaced by Alan Shearer when they got promoted to the Prem. 

So just a small trade up then :)

Another Robbo

The buy players suitable for the division they were in seems ok on paper but I suspect if the money wasn't spent on players then it would have disappeared. They would move up the league with the players they had but not have the funds to upgrade as they went along.

I know this might be a bit controversial, but the vast majority of Rangers fans I know are social incompetents, who cling to that club like a comfort blanket. It's like they feel it's the only way they could ever be guaranteed to be associated with success in their life. I appreciate I'm from Edinburgh and there will be thousands of proper 'local-team' blue noses through in the 'Weedge' but the guys from through here, WTF?

Harsh I know, but just my opinion.

I know this might be a bit controversial, but the vast majority of Rangers fans I know are social incompetents, who cling to that club like a comfort blanket. It's like they feel it's the only way they could ever be guaranteed to be associated with success in their life. I appreciate I'm from Edinburgh and there will be thousands of proper 'local-team' blue noses through in the 'Weedge' but the guys from through here, WTF?

Harsh I know, but just my opinion.

:spoton:

Good post mate.

Maroon tinted glasses 2

The whole problem with The rangers is glasgow rangers. From 95% of the fans to the entire board they still feel they are glasgow rangers and while this mentality remains they will be doomed to failure, same old attitude and same old songs so nothing will change. They still even have the star above the badge and that in itself says everything, so until the board actually comes out and admits they are no longer glasgow rangers and the history is history then it will be big spending business as usual. Problem is they need to keep up the sharade otherwise the diehards will stop pumping in their hard earned giro's and they will be in even deeper poop.

Funnily enough administration and the possibility of a 25 point deduction may make some face facts and have to admit what everyone already know's.

They never were Glasgow Rangers, and they have always been The Rangers. 

Other than that, spot on. 

Maroon tinted glasses 2

One question to the rangers supporters looking in - Do you think the club should be allowed to sign and register players in January after making cost cutting staff redundancies 5 weeks before Xmas?

Maroon tinted glasses 2

That was my point SUTOL, they are The Rangers however from top to bottom still seem to have the attitude they are the old Glasgow Rangers that made up 50% of the old firm and used to compete with Celtic for the title of "best club in Scotland".

• Maple Leaf locked this topic