The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

That's quite a significant move for them and shows that they invested ?1M of the ?3M in the share offer.

Confirmation too that Mike Ashley didn't invest in the share offer as his holding has been diluted from 4.56% to 3.68%

http://www.londonstockexchange.com/exchange/news/market-news/market-news-detail.html?announcementId=12090656

Is it a case of converting their loan into shares, or is this new money they are investing?

Hagar the Horrible

That's quite a significant move for them and shows that they invested ?1M of the ?3M in the share offer.

Confirmation too that Mike Ashley didn't invest in the share offer as his holding has been diluted from 4.56% to 3.68%

http://www.londonstockexchange.com/exchange/news/market-news/market-news-detail.html?announcementId=12090656

Laxely did have 12.6%,

Is it a case of converting their loan into shares, or is this new money they are investing?

It's not Laxey who had a loan. George Letham took up the loan that Laxey had originally offered. (on better terms)

Where's the share price today?

I could go rooting about in the bargain buckets to find out but know that others on here have it bookmarked.

Found it. Sitting nicely at 19.50p mid-price. Lovely stuff.

Edited by I P Knightley

Where's the share price today?

I could go rooting about in the bargain buckets to find out but know that others on here have it bookmarked.

Found it. Sitting nicely at 19.50p mid-price. Lovely stuff.

Expect the next share issue to be priced in the 10p - 15p bargain bucket bracket. The spivs will of course award 1p shares to themselves and their spiv friends and the small investors will be diluted to almost nothing allowing full on spivvery to continue without any control, get the popcorn in.

It's not Laxey who had a loan. George Letham took up the loan that Laxey had originally offered. (on better terms)

That's for that FF, there are so many hyenas around the carcass now, it's hard not to get them mixed up!

Alas everything in the Sevco garden is lovely

http://www.scotsman....-safe-1-3548089

Notice the unknown player quoted says "he tried to assure us the situation was under control" - implies they weren't totally convinced.

I have not seen this posted but Ian Black has come out with some comments in the body of a particularily great piece of rectum rimming by the BBC.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/29320011

I have to say that I was not aware that he did a spot of painting and "directing" when the wages were late. I assume that he just sat pointing at people and where they were to paint, but cannot be sure.

Anyway suffice to say all is good down Ibrox way, nothing to see here.

Edited by 7628mm

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I have not seen this posted but Ian Black has come out with some comments in the body of a particularily great piece of rectum rimming by the BBC.

I have to say that I was not aware that he did a spot of painting and "directing" when the wages were late. I assume that he just sat pointing at people and where they were to paint, but cannot be sure.

Did you miss the whole "I'll paint this place maroon" saga?

the stone rose

painting and "Directing". Steven Speilberg wannabe.

Edited by ianbrown1982

Article from Herald on the Laxey Partners share uptake. http://www.heraldscotland.com/mobile/news/home-news/biggest-shareholder-boosts-its-stake-in-rangers-by-1m.25407332?utm_source=www.heraldscotland.com&utm_medium=RSS%2520Feed&utm_campaign=Scottish%2520News&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Nothing has changed. They still require funding to see them through to Christmas. I spoke with a Rangers scout at the weekend, who's also a dedicated Orc and he reckons a boycott is inevitable. His words were "I really wish it didn't have to happen but it does". Tick Tock indeed!

Edited by Strachsuit

Did you miss the whole "I'll paint this place maroon" saga?

I have to say that I am not really sure how to address this question.

It just goes to show that just because you have a post count of OVER 30,000 does not mean that you are able to understand other posters posts.

It could of course be that you are not quite awake yet as I am fairly sure that others get it.

Just to give you a bit of a helping hand please focus on the word "directing"

Edited by 7628mm

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I have to say that I am not really sure how to address this question.

It just goes to show that just because you have a post count of OVER 30,000 does not mean that you are able to understand other posters posts.

It could of course be that you are not quite awake yet as I am fairly sure that others get it.

Just to give you a bit of a helping hand please focus on the word "directing"

Ah right. I get it. I thought you genuinely might have been out of the country or something at the time. :lol:

Wooooooooosh! From me there. :facepalm:

Edited by Mothy

Article from Herald on the Laxey Partners share uptake. http://www.heraldsco...rce=twitterfeed

Nothing has changed. They still require funding to see them through to Christmas. I spoke with a Rangers scout at the weekend, who's also a dedicated Orc and he reckons a boycott is inevitable. His words were "I really wish it didn't have to happen but it does". Tick Tock indeed!

From that article - But the activist investment group doubled its shareholding by subscribing to even more shares which became available because qualifying stakeholders had not subscribed to their full entitlement.

Good guy Laxey Except (according to some informed posters on TSFM) when Laxey are involved , you should be afraid, very afraid. They are not investing as an act of philanthropy. They will want paid and apparently they always get paid. It will be very interesting to see what pans out from this.

Article from Herald on the Laxey Partners share uptake. http://www.heraldsco...rce=twitterfeed

It's been said before. A boycott or hunger strike is the only option the fans have.The vultures (spivs) will only leave when there is no meat on the bone. My only fear is that they take some bones with them. (Ibrox, Murray park etc.)

It's been said before. A boycott or hunger strike is the only option the fans have.The vultures (spivs) will only leave when there is no meat on the bone. My only fear is that they take some bones with them. (Ibrox, Murray park etc.)

That's not a fear of mine, it's a hope!

Fear?

FEAR?

Ah right. I get it. I thought you genuinely might have been out of the country or something at the time. :lol:

Wooooooooosh! From me there. :facepalm:

My humour at times is a little bit left field. It was the typo on the BBC site that I just could not resist along with the complete piece being a pile of Lilian Gish.

Sometimes I really do wish that I spent more time out of the country but sadly not and suffered the whole shebang start to finish, but enough about Vlad.

"It's not going to get to that stage. It's too big a club".

Erm.... So it's bigger than Rangers' previous incarnation? Because what happened to them went beyond what happened to Hearts.

That's not a fear of mine, it's a hope!

The loss of Ibrox would be the leveler that Scottish football needs most. A fan owned Rangers3 would never achieve previous levels of dominance if they were renting a Stadium. Celtic would adjust down to their level (as has already happened) and the rest would have a chance of making a league challenge occasionally.

It's an interesting article.

Interesting in the sense that it tries to give the impression that all is calm - that the club has a sleeves-rolled-up, positive approach to this mess. Everything else I read implies the club is on the brink.

jeez...unbelievable

Can you imagine the headlines had it been Romanov involved with these people? Yet the media here let it pass with just a mention. When the House of Cards finally collapses they are as culpable as any one in Ranger demise. Journalists? Don't make me laugh.

Doesn't sound any different from fred the shred. Half the people on here probably still bank with RBS and he still has a knighthood.

Was annulled in 2012.

marshallschunkychicken

Doesn't sound any different from fred the shred. Half the people on here probably still bank with RBS and he still has a knighthood.

To be fair, I don't think there was ever any suggestion that Goodwin had embezzled a billion pounds.

Goodwin, who committed no crime, was a fall guy for the government to blame. He was over ambitious but compare that to the crimes of Lord Archer and Baron Watson both of whom are still entitled to sit in the House of Lords.

Goodwin, who committed no crime, was a fall guy for the government to blame. He was over ambitious but compare that to the crimes of Lord Archer and Baron Watson both of whom are still entitled to sit in the House of Lords.

Maybe time to move this chat on / elsewhere.

Edit - Sorry not your post specific, all including me who commented.

Edited by DETTY29

Back on topic, not a lot of movement on the share price today. Still hovering at the 20p mark.

EDIT: Well, 19.5p as per yesterday.

Edited by Strachsuit

Back on topic, not a lot of movement on the share price today. Still hovering at the 20p mark.

EDIT: Well, 19.5p as per yesterday.

It must be difficult to maintain that price, without anyone being accused of manipulating or artificially inflating their price....

Seymour M Hersh

My humour at times is a little bit left field. It was the typo on the BBC site that I just could not resist along with the complete piece being a pile of Lilian Gish.

Sometimes I really do wish that I spent more time out of the country but sadly not and suffered the whole shebang start to finish, but enough about Vlad.

Maybe he was directing her in something. :toff:

It must be difficult to maintain that price, without anyone being accused of manipulating or artificially inflating their price....

Is it not the case that if no one deals then the price just sticks until someone does? Maybe just no activity?

Is it not the case that if no one deals then the price just sticks until someone does? Maybe just no activity?

The price can move without any dealing, as it reflects what people would pay, not just what they do pay - and there have been some transactions - today 29,512 shares changed hands.

:thumb:

Easdales new shares

Rangers International Football Club plc

("Rangers" or the "Company")

Holdings in Company

The Company announces that it was notified yesterday that further to the Company's Open Offer, Alexander Easdale purchased 1,242,110 ordinary shares of 1 penny each in the Company ("Ordinary Shares") at a price of 20p per share on 12 September 2014. As a result, Mr Easdale now holds 4,242,110 Ordinary Shares in the Company, equal to 5.21% of the issued share capital of the Company. Mr Easdale also holds voting rights over, but does not own, a further 17,062,395 Ordinary Shares, representing 20.94% of the Company, meaning that in total he holds voting rights over 21,304,505 Ordinary Shares, representing 26.15% of the issued share capital of the Company.

He was entitled to purchase 905,550 shares anyway so the additional shares bought is not significantly greater. The 1,242,110 shares would have cost him ?248K, of which ?67K was for the excess shares.

Easdales new shares

Rangers International Football Club plc

("Rangers" or the "Company")

Holdings in Company

The Company announces that it was notified yesterday that further to the Company's Open Offer, Alexander Easdale purchased 1,242,110 ordinary shares of 1 penny each in the Company ("Ordinary Shares") at a price of 20p per share on 12 September 2014. As a result, Mr Easdale now holds 4,242,110 Ordinary Shares in the Company, equal to 5.21% of the issued share capital of the Company. Mr Easdale also holds voting rights over, but does not own, a further 17,062,395 Ordinary Shares, representing 20.94% of the Company, meaning that in total he holds voting rights over 21,304,505 Ordinary Shares, representing 26.15% of the issued share capital of the Company.

He was entitled to purchase 905,550 shares anyway so the additional shares bought is not significantly greater. The 1,242,110 shares would have cost him ?248K, of which ?67K was for the excess shares.

Having over 25% means he can block a lot of proposals that require a vote.

The proxy holdings went up from 14,387,003 to 17,062,365 which means that they only took up 61.6% of their entitlement.

It also means that Sandy Easdale's overall voting rights actually fell slightly from 26.71% to 26.15%.

Hagar the Horrible

The proxy holdings went up from 14,387,003 to 17,062,365 which means that they only took up 61.6% of their entitlement.

It also means that Sandy Easdale's overall voting rights actually fell slightly from 26.71% to 26.15%.

But can anybody actually confirm IF he put money in or converted all/part of the loan? so far this share issue has not yet paid back generous George his ?1m???? There just has to be an end game here why through bad money after badder? its only buying them a couple of months before it all implodes? I suspect Ibrox will be used as sale/leaseback, because it will take too long to get another share floatation up and running and getting somebody to underwrite it will be interesting? I cant see King doing that and finally putting his money where his mouth is?

Tell you what, the Record has a great contact on the inside who certainly has their finger on the pulse.

'Insiders suggest the board are either confident of raising funds from other sources or struggling to have their financial results okayed by auditors Deloitte.'

They could have said "The board will need to show proof of funds to the value of circa ?7 million in order for them to complete the seasons fixture list". It's that simple really.

Which is what they will aim to with the share issue in November. While aiming for ?20m - ?30m per the business plan, I think they will take ?7m - ?10m to see this season out.

But who will invest?

Can a spiv underwrite a portion (up to ?10m) but take Ibrox and Murray Park as security?

They really should just get the sale and lease back done and dusted so they can move on. Relatively.

Edited by DETTY29

Malinga the Swinga

Had a quick look at Follow Follow to see what the Rangers supporters were making of this, but they seem to be on a lockdown of members only. I wonder if they are aware of something going on that we aren't.

Hagar the Horrible

Had a quick look at Follow Follow to see what the Rangers supporters were making of this, but they seem to be on a lockdown of members only. I wonder if they are aware of something going on that we aren't.

There is not a lot going on it is all quiet? they are like everybody else waiting to see how they spin things at an AGM? if there is an AGM and IF the accounts will be signed off?

Not particularly relevant but Ashley's taken a ?43m put option with Goldmans that Tesco's shares will rise. A bit risky given the omnishambles they find themselves in but it's a better punt than chucking more money at Sevco!

Guess The Crowd

Tell you what, the Record has a great contact on the inside who certainly has their finger on the pulse.

'Insiders suggest the board are either confident of raising funds from other sources or struggling to have their financial results okayed by auditors Deloitte.'

Haha - astonishingly bad journalism!

Which is what they will aim to with the share issue in November. While aiming for ?20m - ?30m per the business plan, I think they will take ?7m - ?10m to see this season out.

But who will invest?

Can a spiv underwrite a portion (up to ?10m) but take Ibrox and Murray Park as security?

They really should just get the sale and lease back done and dusted so they can move on. Relatively.

Does this mean (assuming they get promoted) they'll be back in the Premiership, they'll get their 4 x a year hatefest, all will be right with Scottish football again and everyone will pretend nothing happened?

I might have to shoot myself.

Wonder what hoops the bootleg rangers board will have to jump through before Deloitte's sign off the accounts as a "going concern" this time ?

http://www.dailyreco...1xk9wVw.twitter

You can just tell that someone at the DR has been on t'interweb and woven together a bunch of disparate information and tried desperately (but failed) to make it look like a coherent report on the goings on at Sevo. It is embarrassing to read.

Not particularly relevant but Ashley's taken a ?43m put option with Goldmans that Tesco's shares will rise. A bit risky given the omnishambles they find themselves in but it's a better punt than chucking more money at Sevco!

A put option is a contract to sell at a given price and date, surely a call option for Ashley if he's hoping the price will rise?

• Maple Leaf locked this topic