The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Very brave of Tolcross Lad to speak up against some of the gloating on this thread. It shouldn't come as a surprise that the lack of decorum isn't to everyones taste.

TL has went about it the wrong way and at the wrong time though, tbh. We are now in the same league as Rangers and a strong Rangers will win the league over us due to their superior resources. We must hope for more uncertainty over the course of the season in order for Hearts to secure automatic promotion.

Brave!

Gary Locke was on Radio Scotland last week saying that Scottish football needs a strong Sevco in the top division. That appears to be the attitude of those who play as opposed to the fans who pay these guys their wages.

Young & Wilson on Friday night also said that Brian Kennedy was "watching" the Sevco situation. Looks like the succulent lamb brigade are desperate for another multi millionaire to sink ?30m into their club so it can take its rightful place at the top of Scottish football.

And if that happens then I reckon Regan & Doncaster WILL be proved correct as their fans go on the warpath against the fans of all those diddly clubs that "relegated" them.

Gary Locke was on Radio Scotland last week saying that Scottish football needs a strong Sevco in the top division. That appears to be the attitude of those who play as opposed to the fans who pay these guys their wages.

Young & Wilson on Friday night also said that Brian Kennedy was "watching" the Sevco situation. Looks like the succulent lamb brigade are desperate for another multi millionaire to sink ?30m into their club so it can take its rightful place at the top of Scottish football.

And if that happens then I reckon Regan & Doncaster WILL be proved correct as their fans go on the warpath against the fans of all those diddly clubs that "relegated" them.

Anyone else surprised Locke said that?

Like it or not and many on here clearly don't, a strong 'Rangers' COULD be to the benefit of Scottish Football as a whole.

Now before the frothing at the mouth posters come on it could be good in terms of attracting sponsors to our game, it may even help the development of more youngsters to improve the national team, it could help in terms of TV deals and in fans attending matches in the top league but of course that has to be measured against how we determine the term 'strong Rangers'.. is it a move back to the 2 club chase for the League title with them buying everything that moves (though the one horse race just now hardly sets the pulses racing) or is it a 'strong Rangers' living within their means and competing at the top end of the Premier league ?

The track record hardly indicates the second option but if it was then all fans would need to live with it, Celtic manage their affairs within their business plan/model and whilst we can have our opinion on other matters they do at least run a tight financial ship (though helped by the certainty of winning the league every season recently.)

We do not 'need' the 'strong Rangers' but there is an arguement that having them run in a proper fashion would help the game overall and if so they would reach the upper levels of the Scottish game...just when though is open to question.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Like it or not and many on here clearly don't, a strong 'Rangers' COULD be to the benefit of Scottish Football as a whole.

Now before the frothing at the mouth posters come on it could be good in terms of attracting sponsors to our game, it may even help the development of more youngsters to improve the national team, it could help in terms of TV deals and in fans attending matches in the top league but of course that has to be measured against how we determine the term 'strong Rangers'.. is it a move back to the 2 club chase for the League title with them buying everything that moves (though the one horse race just now hardly sets the pulses racing) or is it a 'strong Rangers' living within their means and competing at the top end of the Premier league ?

The track record hardly indicates the second option but if it was then all fans would need to live with it, Celtic manage their affairs within their business plan/model and whilst we can have our opinion on other matters they do at least run a tight financial ship (though helped by the certainty of winning the league every season recently.)

We do not 'need' the 'strong Rangers' but there is an arguement that having them run in a proper fashion would help the game overall and if so they would reach the upper levels of the Scottish game...just when though is open to question.

I agree with this but with several caveats. When ex-players and journos talk of needing a strong Rangers they invariably mean "just back to how was before ken". Also, no wiggle room should have been given or should be given if and when the OF get into trouble.

I agree that a strong OF COULD be great for Scottish football. A game between these two at the tail-end of the season in which three or four teams are challenging for the title would be exciting no doubt.

jamboinglasgow

I would agree that a strong Rangers is needed. But the problem is how strong they and Celtic be. They were too strong from late 90s till now. There needs to be more balance, even if its more teams pushing the old firm until the end of the season. But it should not be underestimated how the old firm match is something Scottish football benefits from having. But problem is the authorities are useless at marketing things outside of the old firm.

How many freebie jaunts abroad have the likes of Chick Young had following the OF in Europe? I always think that's what these guys miss most and is why they continue to harp on about needing a strong Rangers.

I can't stand rangers sympathisers

Snap.

Within his comments regarding Rangers lies one of the reasons that Gary Locke is no longer the manager of Heart of Midlothian.

Shite, negative attitude. We wouldn't have beat them with GL in charge.

I would agree that a strong Rangers is needed. But the problem is how strong they and Celtic be. They were too strong from late 90s till now. There needs to be more balance, even if its more teams pushing the old firm until the end of the season. But it should not be underestimated how the old firm match is something Scottish football benefits from having. But problem is the authorities are useless at marketing things outside of the old firm.

I disagree, why is a strong Rangers needed? It is certainly not needed. I would say that it would benefit Scottish football infinitely more if we had stronger other teams!!

The last time Scotland competed well on the world stage both at club and international level was back in the 80's when Rangers were not particularly strong!!

If Rangers can become a "strong team" again by doing it properly and cutting their cloth accordingly, taking their medicine and starting again from the ground up, introducing austerity measures etc (similar to Hearts) then fair play to them.

But there needs to be a reallisation from Rangers, the authorites and the media that they can't carry on blowing smoke up each others arses. There needs to be some truth bombs dropped with the MSM and SFA etc getting on board. But there is more chance of King riding in on a unicorn with 30 million in his sky rocket than that happening.

So feck em

I disagree, why is a strong Rangers needed? It is certainly not needed. I would say that it would benefit Scottish football infinitely more if we had stronger other teams!!

The last time Scotland competed well on the world stage both at club and international level was back in the 80's when Rangers were not particularly strong!!

If Rangers can become a "strong team" again by doing it properly and cutting their cloth accordingly, taking their medicine and starting again from the ground up, introducing austerity measures etc (similar to Hearts) then fair play to them.

But there needs to be a reallisation from Rangers, the authorites and the media that they can't carry on blowing smoke up each others arses. There needs to be some truth bombs dropped with the MSM and SFA etc getting on board. But there is more chance of King riding in on a unicorn with 30 million in his sky rocket than that happening.

So feck em

Agreed.

Your comments mirror those of Gordon Waddell in today's Sunday Mail.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/gordon-waddell-rangers-fans-must-4257414

The Future's Maroon

Although I am more of a reader than someone to comment, this thread in the last few pages has turned cringe worthy? Can we stick to the topic and not daft point scoring against each other - it was a really good and intelligent thread mostly.

Its bad (or good) enough we have a thread which is almost 7000 PAGES long on the demise of another club in Scottish footy, dont get me wrong - I feel they deserve everything they get but the point scoring on this thread is bordering on desperate?

Before I am called a Hun sympathetic - I hope they crash and burn....but I want it to be slowly!!

Edited by The Future's Maroon

Very brave of Tolcross Lad to speak up against some of the gloating on this thread. It shouldn't come as a surprise that the lack of decorum isn't to everyones taste.

TL has went about it the wrong way and at the wrong time though, tbh. We are now in the same league as Rangers and a strong Rangers will win the league over us due to their superior resources. We must hope for more uncertainty over the course of the season in order for Hearts to secure automatic promotion.

Good post, Scott.

Nice to see you posting again.

UnbelievableJeff

Snap.

Within his comments regarding Rangers lies one of the reasons that Gary Locke is no longer the manager of Heart of Midlothian.

Shite, negative attitude. We wouldn't have beat them with GL in charge.

It's a shite soundbyte that's been chucked around for so long it barely means anything. Does anyone ever say that and then fill in the detail. What exactly are the NET benefits to Scottish football of having a strong Rangers. We all know its good for Rangers and it's probably good for Celtic. We probably get a better TV deal if they are both strong but that gets negated by the fact that they vote the lions share to themselves. I really don't see a real measurable benefit of having a strong Rangers unless there is a substantial and measurable benefit outside of the OF. There isn't a benefit at all is the conclusion I have always reached.

Edited by UnbelievableJeff

Tynecastle Valhalla

It's a shite soundbyte that's been chucked around for so long it barely means anything. Does anyone ever say that and then fill in the detail. What exactly are the NET benefits to Scottish football of having a strong Rangers. We all know its good for Rangers and it's probably good for Celtic. We probably get a better TV deal if they are both strong but that gets negated by the fact that they vote the lions share to themselves. I really don't see a real measurable benefit of having a strong Rangers unless there is a substantial and measurable benefit outside of the OF. There isn't a benefit at all is the conclusion I have always reached.

Great post

Scottish football needs all teams to reach their full potential, not just the Old Firm. The fact that those in charge of the game continually bleat for them to be given lea way at every turn says much about the hapless state of the game here. What's need here are administrators in charge of the game here that have everybody's best interests at heart and not just acting a cheer leaders for Rangers and Celtic at every turn. Is that going to happen? Certainly not in the short term, and not when the chairmen of lots of clubs here spend most of their time fawning on them as happens just now.

Hagar the Horrible

What a strong R1ngers did was at its strongest was to bully via the media all other clubs to sell their best up and coming talent to them at as little a price they could get away with which served two negatives, one it weakened the competition and the other they could not use that money to re-invest in their youth setup. These players spent most of their critical time from learning the game by actually playing first team football instead watched from the stands while some cheap import got a game. Plus all of this was compounded by whatever was wrong in their training regime that cause such a high percentage of players to end up with long term injuries from the training ground? How many of these players actually went on to better themselves elsewhere? How many clubs benefited from a sell on clause? Sorry but we were force into only having a youth setup, which could have ruined a lot of young players but it did not, now we have one of the best in generation squads who have their full careers ahead of them? R3ngers now are unable to get the best talent which is a good thing all round! That have to pay over the odd for players of the same standard as the rest of the league? What might be alien to them, but if they are forced to turn to only the youth and get rid of the old guard and get in proper coaching they might for the first time actually be able to produce talent of their own rather than just buy it? When you look at DU, Hibs Falkirk and Us the future is bright, there are kids who look like they can pass and control a ball now, and learn to keep it on the ground.

Only Rangers and the media needs a strong R3angers, Scottish football needs a strong Arabs, Sheep and us. A weak R3angers might actually long term better the game, then the media might have something positive to say about the game as a whole rather than pandering to the worst in our society.

alwaysthereinspirit

Scottish football needs all teams to reach their full potential, not just the Old Firm. The fact that those in charge of the game continually bleat for them to be given lea way at every turn says much about the hapless state of the game here. What's need here are administrators in charge of the game here that have everybody's best interests at heart and not just acting a cheer leaders for Rangers and Celtic at every turn. Is that going to happen? Certainly not in the short term, and not when the chairmen of lots of clubs here spend most of their time fawning on them as happens just now.

Good post and then reiterated yesterday by the comments of a certain Scottish premier league club manager.

We're all doomed if a strong The Rangers is all the hope we have in our game.

Geoff Kilpatrick

So super salary also bought shares in last weeks open offer, increasing his stake prior to an agm ..

Who cares?

What a strong R1ngers did was at its strongest was to bully via the media all other clubs to sell their best up and coming talent to them at as little a price they could get away with which served two negatives, one it weakened the competition and the other they could not use that money to re-invest in their youth setup. These players spent most of their critical time from learning the game by actually playing first team football instead watched from the stands while some cheap import got a game. Plus all of this was compounded by whatever was wrong in their training regime that cause such a high percentage of players to end up with long term injuries from the training ground? How many of these players actually went on to better themselves elsewhere? How many clubs benefited from a sell on clause? Sorry but we were force into only having a youth setup, which could have ruined a lot of young players but it did not, now we have one of the best in generation squads who have their full careers ahead of them? R3ngers now are unable to get the best talent which is a good thing all round! That have to pay over the odd for players of the same standard as the rest of the league? What might be alien to them, but if they are forced to turn to only the youth and get rid of the old guard and get in proper coaching they might for the first time actually be able to produce talent of their own rather than just buy it? When you look at DU, Hibs Falkirk and Us the future is bright, there are kids who look like they can pass and control a ball now, and learn to keep it on the ground.

Only Rangers and the media needs a strong R3angers, Scottish football needs a strong Arabs, Sheep and us. A weak R3angers might actually long term better the game, then the media might have something positive to say about the game as a whole rather than pandering to the worst in our society.

Well said.

They did not just bully through the media though. They also got the bank to put pressure on other teams to sell so R3ngers could get the best players at knockdown prices. But right enough we need a strong R3ngers with everything back the way it was, you know with cheating and stuff.

Not really. Ally was giving it the big "ah dinnae ken, im no a finance guy" just a couple of days ago. I dont know about you but if i was making an investment id maybe find out a bit about what was going on.

I thought he was lying in the interview and this information is quite telling

I am beginning to think this thread is redundant now until there AGM. I wanted them to lose the points so it would benefit Hearts but it looks as though its not going to happen at anytime.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Not really. Ally was giving it the big "ah dinnae ken, im no a finance guy" just a couple of days ago. I dont know about you but if i was making an investment id maybe find out a bit about what was going on.

I thought he was lying in the interview and this information is quite telling

And if I was making an investment I would like to keep it as quiet as possible.

The only relevance I can see is that the more he owns of Spivco, the less chance there is of him being sacked, which is good!

I am beginning to think this thread is redundant now until there AGM. I wanted them to lose the points so it would benefit Hearts but it looks as though its not going to happen at anytime.

So far all they've done is buy a (very costly) few weeks stay of execution, and each week they carry on like this is (approximately) a further ?150,000 losses being racked up.

So far all they've done is buy a (very costly) few weeks stay of execution, and each week they carry on like this is (approximately) a further ?150,000 losses being racked up.

Unfortunately the stay of execution will most definitely see them safe for at least another 4 weeks or maybe more. In the meantime it's just a case of sitting back and waiting until the cash does run out. That process could be sped up of course, depending on their gates for the ICT game tomorrow and then Hibs game in a few weeks time. Any sort of protest/boycott could see them run out of funding much quicker. Which would be nice.

And if I was making an investment I would like to keep it as quiet as possible.

The only relevance I can see is that the more he owns of Spivco, the less chance there is of him being sacked, which is good!

There is that as well.

So super salary also bought shares in last weeks open offer, increasing his stake prior to an agm ..

May not have increased his "stake" if he just purchased his entitlement to avoid dilution. However, it does suggest that he is supporting the Board.

He's obviously being paid too much (we already know that) if he is throwing money into the black hole that is RIFC.

Unfortunately the stay of execution will most definitely see them safe for at least another 4 weeks or maybe more. In the meantime it's just a case of sitting back and waiting until the cash does run out. That process could be sped up of course, depending on their gates for the ICT game tomorrow and then Hibs game in a few weeks time. Any sort of protest/boycott could see them run out of funding much quicker. Which would be nice.

Another option is that the payments due under "onerous contracts" - should there actually be any - simply get delayed, if that is possible.

Was having a chuckle over on RM, and came across this gem. Anyone who thinks that people who think like this deserve any place in a civilized society needs their head seen to. Even the moderate Gers who said it was OTT are now under fire:

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=273813

That sums them up completely. Utterly brain-dead.

From the Rangers forum.

"Cant agree more that salmond has divided the country.But the shock that fellow so-called gers fans voting yes with this vermin mob makes me gringe.Cant they see they are just playing into their hands by voting yes as that mob either hate the english or want rid of the union jack.Believe me,all the manky mob supporters at my work are voting yes,just to get rid of the union jack.Rangers are and always will be proud of our British roots and to vote no is going against all this proud club stands for,so to vote no is to stand along side the bheggars in my eyes!!!

VOTE NO!!!

I think this poor guy's a bit confused.

He's edited his post.

"Cant agree more that salmond has divided the country.But the shock that fellow so-called gers fans voting yes with this vermin mob makes me gringe.Cant they see they are just playing into their hands by voting yes as that mob either hate the english or want rid of the union jack.Believe me,all the manky mob supporters at my work are voting yes,just to get rid of the union jack.Rangers are and always will be proud of our British roots and to vote no is going against all this proud club stands for,so to vote yes is to stand along side the bheggars in my eyes!!!

VOTE NO!!!"

Daft bugger still can't get it right.

Was having a chuckle over on RM, and came across this gem. Anyone who thinks that people who think like this deserve any place in a civilized society needs their head seen to. Even the moderate Gers who said it was OTT are now under fire:

http://forum.rangers...howtopic=273813

I wouldn't like to give them the satisfaction of one of my clicks. Care to give an idea of what's been posted?

Hagar the Horrible

Whats not been said i.e via Aims is that the Easedales have converted their loan into shares, and that George Letham has been paid back his loan. Also a poor attendance at the ICT game remembering ICT get half? and the Hibs game will put them straight back to square one? they need to get to the AGM to put something through a vote that will get them to the end of the season and beyond? but the money will run out before they can set it up, which requires yet another Wonga loan? Even selling out all home games from now, they are about ?5m to ?7m short just for this season

I wouldn't like to give them the satisfaction of one of my clicks. Care to give an idea of what's been posted?

Couple of guys say they are voting yes most of the others say that they should be banned from both the RM forum and Ibrox. Also their seems to be no moderators on their forum.

Whats not been said i.e via Aims is that the Easedales have converted their loan into shares, and that George Letham has been paid back his loan.

"That" or "whether"?

Couple of guys say they are voting yes most of the others say that they should be banned from both the RM forum and Ibrox. Also their seems to be no moderators on their forum.

Essentially this, but with numerous references to why non-unionists and non-protestants and anyone who votes yes should be banned from both the forum and Ibrox because, 'that's not the Rangers way'.

The thread refers to the protest outside BBC Glasgow yesterday, with the title, and I quote, "4000 Jacobites and Rebels protest outside BBC with demands".

For the record, this is in no way an Independence-related thread, there's one in the Shed for that, I was merely pointing out to some people on here that this neanderthal way of thinking is still alive and well through West, and any opportunity to finally bin it should be grabbed with both hands.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Essentially this, but with numerous references to why non-unionists and non-protestants and anyone who votes yes should be banned from both the forum and Ibrox because, 'that's not the Rangers way'.

The thread refers to the protest outside BBC Glasgow yesterday, with the title, and I quote, "4000 Jacobites and Rebels protest outside BBC with demands".

For the record, this is in no way an Independence-related thread, there's one in the Shed for that, I was merely pointing out to some people on here that this neanderthal way of thinking is still alive and well through West, and any opportunity to finally bin it should be grabbed with both hands.

Good post, mate. :thumbsup:

• Maple Leaf locked this topic