The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Their wage bill must've dropped by a reasonable account due to this transfer...fag packet sums are 50 staff on ?10k pa, equates to roughly ?60k per month ??

Not a huge saving really .

Any calls on Bill McMurdo jnr credibility?

SFA already put a stop to Mike Ashley providing additional funding.

Chuck has 2m 1p share options.

Oh and Jim Traynor has his snout in the 1p options trough too. Only 300k though.

http://billmcmurdo.wordpress.com

Edited by DETTY29

Their wage bill must've dropped by a reasonable account due to this transfer...fag packet sums are 50 staff on ?10k pa, equates to roughly ?60k per month ??

Not a huge saving really .

The challenge isn't the expense, Ashley now gets all the income.

From the bbc website:

David Somers, Graham Wallace, Norman Crichton, Philip Nash, James Easdale and Sandy Easdale have six weeks to save Rangers and Scottish football. (Daily Record)

No wonder I don't read that rag, one thing that has been proven over the last 2-3 years is that Scottish football survives just fine without Rangers.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

From the bbc website:

David Somers, Graham Wallace, Norman Crichton, Philip Nash, James Easdale and Sandy Easdale have six weeks to save Rangers and Scottish football. (Daily Record)

No wonder I don't read that rag, one thing that has been proven over the last 2-3 years is that Scottish football survives just fine without Rangers.

You got a link, mate? Can't find it. Fancy a good laugh. :lol:

Keith Jackson:

"Granted all the careless talk of Armageddon proved unfounded back in 2012"

ten seconds later:

"So there is no question that a further Rangers collapse could have a catastrophic effect on the rest of the ?Scottish game"

waste of space.

Haven't got a link to the story in the record, just copied and pasted what was on the bbc's Mondays Scottish gossip page.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Bring on the catastrophe. This kind of bullshit just gets people's backs up and makes them less sympathetic. If Jackson wasnt such an idiot, he'd realise this, and stop pissing folk off.

jamboinglasgow

read earlier. His all justification for Scottish football suffering is that Celtic have less money and crowds, then equates that to attendances down around Scotland. Its incrediable that the media (or jorunalists like him dont learn anything) that outside of the old firm (and Hibs) things are looking pretty much cheerier for clubs. But with Rangers in collapse its back to 2012 mode of "Rangers are Scottish football, we must save them."

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/opinion/sport/keith-jackson-six-men-six-4181483

Guest Bilel Mohsni

read earlier. His all justification for Scottish football suffering is that Celtic have less money and crowds, then equates that to attendances down around Scotland. Its incrediable that the media (or jorunalists like him dont learn anything) that outside of the old firm (and Hibs) things are looking pretty much cheerier for clubs. But with Rangers in collapse its back to 2012 mode of "Rangers are Scottish football, we must save them."

Cheers JiG. This'll be amusing. :lol:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

"... Fans are staying away because Scottish football has become such a barren, ?desolate landscape that it no longer interests them... "

:gok:

"Fans are staying away because Scottish football has become such a barren, ?desolate landscape that it no longer interests them"

He's just making stuff up.

In sheer footballing terms, "Rangers have reduced ?themselves to an irrelevance" and the longer it continues, the more Celtic ? and in turn the rest of the SPFL ? will suffer the inevitable ?consequences of downsizing and lowering ambition.

The only words that are true and not waffle are those in inverted commas.

Tomorrow they will attempt to overturn the decision to freeze ?620,000 of the ?1.2m which remains in the club account. Imran Ahmad, one of a long list of "truly detestable characters" in this farce, believes that money is his, courtesy of an agreement with old mucker Charles Green, whose name is also high on that list of the shameless.

Next in cout is the Records Jackson nice little defamation of character law suit on the cards.

Edited by Dannie Boy

Guest Bilel Mohsni

"... Deep down many of them may have suspected Rangers? demise would be a temporary affair and that it was to be enjoyed while it lasted. But now it?s in danger of becoming quite permanent and it?s not such a laughing matter... "

Well that just isn't true... I'm going through rubber pants at some rate. If they Go pop again, I'm going to need a plastic surgeon to remove my smug grin. Celtic losing money in to the bargain is just like a great big cherry on top.

:pleasing:

Kris Boyd: "There has been no communication. We don't need to be told what is happening."

This is a genuine question; Is everyone at Ibrox an idiot ?

In sheer footballing terms, "Rangers have reduced ?themselves to an irrelevance" and the longer it continues, the more Celtic ? and in turn the rest of the SPFL ? will suffer the inevitable ?consequences of downsizing and lowering ambition.

The only words that are true and not waffle are those in inverted commas.

The bit about Celtic is true

They'll get weaker also but the better supported/better run teams of the rest of us - us, United, Aberdeen and maybe others - will close the gap.

What Scotland needs is a competitive league. It doesn't need a strong rangers for this to happen.

You would think that those whose livelihood was based on Scottish football, would be trying to promote the game rather than shit stirring with the usual claptrap ....... strong rangers, poor hard done to Celtic, Armageddon pish.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

They'll get weaker also but the better supported/better run teams of the rest of us - us, United, Aberdeen and maybe others - will close the gap.

What Scotland needs is a competitive league. It doesn't need a strong rangers for this to happen.

A strong Rangers and Celtic have actively hampered this for decades.

In fact a competitive league without the bigotfest would be a breath of fresh air for the Scottish game

http://www.dailyreco...men-six-4181483

Well we are certainly in meltdown this season :)

He has been very vocal in his criticism of the men in charge at Rangers this past week or so. I wonder who is briefing him?

And still they, the Orcs and Jackson, hold Dave King up as some cash eager saviour who's is ready willing and able to rescue The Rangers.

It's amazing the silence from the SPFL/SFA about Kings suitability or lack of. They could and should kill this nonsense stone dead but seem reluctant or frightened to do so.

UnbelievableJeff

Administration must be really close now since the same articles warning of the apocalypse on Scottish football are starting to appear.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Administration must be really close now since the same articles warning of the apocalypse on Scottish football are starting to appear.

Last desperate throw of the dice from the lamb-munchers. Risible.

Edited by Mothy

Fans are staying away because Scottish football has become such a barren, ?desolate landscape that it no longer interests them.

ClerryJambo, any update on the dotcount for Cowdenbeath? I take it we're still struggling to fill half of the home stands? It's such a barren, desolate landscape at Tynie these days.

:sob:

Edited by RobNox

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Fans are staying away because Scottish football has become such a barren, ?desolate landscape that it no longer interests them.

ClerryJambo, any update on the dotcount for Cowdenbeath? I take it we're still struggling to fill half of the home stands? It's such a barren, desolate landscape at Tynie these days.

Nuclear winter

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

The "for the good of Scottish football" debate was played out two years ago. Guys like Jackson, Traynor, Doncaster, Regan emphatically lost the argument. That they want to come back for more is astonishing. Fan power put Rangers in Div 3 last time. There is no doubt in my mind that fan power this time would have an appetite for finishing them off once and for all. I kind of hope Jackson and co do bring the fight.

And when these people find other more enjoyable ways to spend their time and money ?on a Saturday afternoon, it ?may prove difficult or even ?impossible to drag them back in through the turnstiles.

I suppose he has a point if he's talking about Hibs fans. They usually have trouble trying to drag fans back in through the turnstiles after they decide to feck off half time

Guest Bilel Mohsni

The "for the good of Scottish football" debate was played out two years ago. Guys like Jackson, Traynor, Doncaster, Regan emphatically lost the argument. That they want to come back for more is astonishing. Fan power put Rangers in Div 3 last time. There is no doubt in my mind that fan power this time would have an appetite for finishing them off once and for all. I kind of hope Jackson and co do bring the fight.

Exactly this. He's getting people's backs up. The man is an idiot who clearly can't see any value in Scottish football outside of the OF derby and duopoly. If Rangers go pop again, he will become even more irrelevant than he is now.

Tomorrow they will attempt to overturn the decision to freeze ?620,000 of the ?1.2m which remains in the club account.

No they won't, they will be seeking leave to appeal the decision. The decision cannot be overturned tomorrow, but could be overturned if an appeal is granted and subsequently succeeds.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Tomorrow they will attempt to overturn the decision to freeze ?620,000 of the ?1.2m which remains in the club account.

No they won't, they will be seeking leave to appeal the decision. The decision cannot be overturned tomorrow, but could be overturned if an appeal is granted and subsequently succeeds.

In any other country, you would expect another journalist to pull him up for this nonsense and rip the piss out of the clown... hopefully Tam and Stuart will get stuck in, but this sort of crap should be gold, for other journalists. :lol:

Edited by Mothy

The blame for this whole Rangers shit storm lies squarely at the feet of Rangers, past and present. Jackson's got a nerve trying of drag the rest of Scottish football down with his "but the future ?wellbeing of Scottish ?football depends on them" crap. This sort of doom and gloom piece is only for the Rangers faithful and for me reading between the lines it is nothing more than a rallying call for the lost bears to return to Ibrox. I think the died in the wool Gers have already returned but the stay away ones see the writing on the wall and have decided enough is enough.

Footballfirst

I think that Clerry would concur that half the sections are coloured red, which you have to assume are no-go areas for fans looking for tickets. Damn shame if you ask me. :toilet:

Geoff Kilpatrick

The blame for this whole Rangers shit storm lies squarely at the feet of Rangers, past and present. Jackson's got a nerve trying of drag the rest of Scottish football down with his "but the future ?wellbeing of Scottish ?football depends on them" crap. This sort of doom and gloom piece is only for the Rangers faithful and for me reading between the lines it is nothing more than a rallying call for the lost bears to return to Ibrox. I think the died in the wool Gers have already returned but the stay away ones see the writing on the wall and have decided enough is enough.

This

:spoton:

Seems like it might be too little too late, unless the ?4m share offer is successful. Otherwise, they have one home cup tie with ICT before next payroll falls due. It will be interesting to see the crowd they attract for that game.

If they don't get the ?4m in, then it looks like they will struggle to make September payroll, but they could still limp on if one of the shareholders is prepared to make up the shortfall on condition that they are repaid from proceeds from the home game against Hibs a few days later.

Even then, it looks like that would simply be delaying the inevitable, as they will have even less prospect of surviving October payroll without a fresh injection of funds. And they still have the Letham and Easdale loans hanging over them.

In any other country, you would expect another journalist to pull him up for this nonsense and rip the piss out of the clown... hopefully Tam and Stuart will get stuck in, but this sort of crap should be gold, for other journalists. :lol:

He not a journalist, he's a fanzine writer.

jamboinglasgow

You would think that those whose livelihood was based on Scottish football, would be trying to promote the game rather than shit stirring with the usual claptrap ....... strong rangers, poor hard done to Celtic, Armageddon pish.

I think these people just dont understand Scottish football except through the old firm (and have the view that Scottish football is the old firm and the cannon fodder they face each week.) Otherwise there would be a real effort to re-market Scottish football to react to the current circumstance. There is much to be excited about and yet here we have an article from what is supposed to be Scotlands top football journalist (he has won awards) saying that everything since 2012 has been a disaster. It's mad. Dont get me wrong, the old firm have a part to play in Scottish football and they will always have more influence due to their size, an old firm derby is a huge draw, but its not the be all and end all. That is something that those in power and in certain areas of the media cant seem to get their head around.

I think these people just dont understand Scottish football except through the old firm (and have the view that Scottish football is the old firm and the cannon fodder they face each week.) Otherwise there would be a real effort to re-market Scottish football to react to the current circumstance. There is much to be excited about and yet here we have an article from what is supposed to be Scotlands top football journalist (he has won awards) saying that everything since 2012 has been a disaster. It's mad. Dont get me wrong, the old firm have a part to play in Scottish football and they will always have more influence due to their size, an old firm derby is a huge draw, but its not the be all and end all. That is something that those in power and in certain areas of the media cant seem to get their head around.

:spoton:

Too many of the MSSM are immersed in the OF and really can't comprehend what it means to be a fan of any other club. And the authorities seem to be infatuated with how much they can make from TV deals and sponsorship, to the extent they appear desperate to the see the old duopoly back in place as soon as possible.

16,600-ish at Tynecastle to see Falkirk if i remember rightly? Oh aye, right you are.

######.

They may have other income and don't want to lose it.

The day after our international team gave the world champions a run for their money too.

What a moron KJ is.

Edited by DETTY29

16,600-ish at Tynecastle to see Falkirk if i remember rightly? Oh aye, right you are.

######.[/size][/font][/color]

Newsflash. Rangers are in our league.

Rudolf's Mate
I kid you not, this is a letter from SoS to M. Ashley..

Dear Mr Ashley.

You bought the naming rights to our beloved stadium for ?1. Some suggest it may have been the makeweight in a bigger better deal for Rangers.

Can you please let the loyal Rangers fans know before the close of business on the 12th September 2014 if this is the case and explain what other deal it was a makeweight for. If it wasn't a makeweight for a better deal then we would respectfully request you cancel the agreement.

Can you please advise us before Fridays deadline as Rangers are not playing on Saturday and some of us may wish to purchase sporting goods. We would like to purchase these items with a clear mind and choose the correct outlet with out prejudice.

Craig Houston

Sons of Struth.

There is absolutely no truth in the rumor that the 1st draft was written in crayon .. :cornette:

:gok:

I reckon Rangers will be okay and get through to the January transfer window. Ally McCoist will then have his ?100m war chest for new players.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic