The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

This is amusing.... The fans are suggesting that King just wants to chip in his cash, as he like them, is a loyal supporter

King has already gone on the record and said he would "prefer not to put his own money" into Sevco. And the same papers that quoted this still mislead the masses into thinking King is a potential saviour. They will print any garbage to sell a newspaper. So long as the current board are in control King will not go near the place and it's hard to imagine a scenario that would convince him to do so. Maybe post admin though - Ally gone, wage bill slashed etc. Which pleases me.

At some stage they have to smell the coffee and realise that the whole issue us not green against blue. This mentality just suckers the fans into digging deep and all the cash is siphoned off in lucrative share deals, bonuses salaries and other contracts. As soon as the spotlight shines on the problems we get such nuggets as "the fans deserve" and "challenging Celtic". Will get worse before it gets better for them......which is nice.

I'd like them to get a 25 point deduction and us to win the league by 24 points. The seethe would be tremendous!!!

Hibs fans declaring us 'Lucky yam ****s' and failing to grasp that they had had the exact same opportunity. Would be rather enjoyable.

I want them to get a 25 point deduction, lose all their 'top' players and fight for relegation while we waltz the league

This please.

The Old Tolbooth

I want them to get a 25 point deduction, lose all their 'top' players and fight for relegation while we waltz the league

I'll go one further, I hope they get relegated too and suffer for a long time yet!

alwaysthereinspirit

Even then - fit and proper person?

In Scotland? For The Rangers? There won't even be an interview process.

The clock is ticking for the australian rangers, they don't have long left unless they get a shedload of cash in quickly.

Re the liar king from south africa, he's a convicted tax cheat described as "a glib and shameless liar" by the judge during his sa tax case. If he has 30 million, and does invest it in sevco. I would imagine the sa tax authorities would want a word with him as there are very strict rules on taking cash out of sa. I also don't believe he will plough in 30 million to get control, that doesn't help sevco at all, just lines the spivs pockets. Equally, mike ashley wont take control either, he's got what he wants, a cahc generator in rangers retail.

The bottom line is that if there were a pool of wealthy rangurz men waiting to take control, they would have done so 2 years ago when they could have gotten everything for 6 million, they didn't and the spivs continue to pick over the carcass, adim/liquidation is coming, tick tock.

Edited by Dutchmul

I'd quite like them to have a 25 points deduction and for us to be at least 26 points clear of them by season's end.

this

Some need to take a step back

King could not have taken over Rangers the first time as he was embroiled in the tax case in South Africa.. having had to settle and pay a large sum he does not have that hanging over his head.

Whether the rules and regulations would allow him to take over has still to be seen.

Some on here seem to be glibly spending someone else's money telling us all he should fund the current set up.....why ?

He is not there to fund their mistakes not does he want to. He wants control as would I if I was putting a large sum into any club so he will sit on the sidelines and wait until he can take control.. whether that is by purchasing afer administration or doing a deal with the current owners of the shares has still to be seen but he will not fund a profitable walking away from the current shareholders.

There are questions as to his funding and whether he could take over the club anyway that need to be answered but there is no reason why he should invest under the current board.

King could not have taken over Rangers the first time as he was embroiled in the tax case in South Africa.. having had to settle and pay a large sum he does not have that hanging over his head.

Whether the rules and regulations would allow him to take over has still to be seen.

Some on here seem to be glibly spending someone else's money telling us all he should fund the current set up.....why ?

He is not there to fund their mistakes not does he want to. He wants control as would I if I was putting a large sum into any club so he will sit on the sidelines and wait until he can take control.. whether that is by purchasing afer administration or doing a deal with the current owners of the shares has still to be seen but he will not fund a profitable walking away from the current shareholders.

There are questions as to his funding and whether he could take over the club anyway that need to be answered but there is no reason why he should invest under the current board.

Yes that about the size of it.... So why do the media and the union of fan dans suggest an investment of ?30M, as if the war chest is filled. The existing shareholders need to be bought off, unless there is an administration then the bones can be picked over. Whatever happens, it will be messy, and we can safely assume that any investment will be largely trousered by the Spivs, and legal fees, before it gets anywhere near the transfer budget..... Interesting times ahead.

There will not be any long drawn out admin as there is no big major creditor or bank loan to pay back. The spivs own ibrox and other assets won't take pennies for the assets but rather it go to liquidation where as they keep the assets and sell them to a new bidder ie king or Ashley

There will not be any long drawn out admin as there is no big major creditor or bank loan to pay back. The spivs own ibrox and other assets won't take pennies for the assets but rather it go to liquidation where as they keep the assets and sell them to a new bidder ie king or Ashley

So are you saying if they go into admin unless someone is prepared to pay a lot of cash for assets it will go straight to liquidation with a new club renting Ibrox?

Guest Trapper John

As someone who does not enjoy the sufferings of others, in the spirit of magnaminity I'd happily see The Rangers survive as long as they receive a 25 points deduction. The thought of this Hearts team relaxed and playing the sexy football we saw v Falkirk throughout the season, cantering to the title is just too mouth watering to worry about side issues centred around a bunch of Govan tramps, gangsters and spivs fighting over the the regurgitated, carrot ridden vomit of a football club.

Edited by Trapper John

As Frankie Boyle has just said on TV...preserve the Union follow the Unionists economy...I give you the new RFC..... ok not word for word but ....

Barney Rubble

Correct ! hasnt he glib and shameless liar already set the ball rolling by convincing season tickets holders not to renew their ST's ?

Nelly Terraces

As someone who does not enjoy the sufferings of others, in the spirit of magnaminity I'd happily see The Rangers survive as long as they receive a 25 points deduction. The thought of this Hearts team relaxed and playing the sexy football we saw v Falkirk throughout the season, cantering to the title is just too mouth watering to worry about side issues centred around a bunch of Govan tramps, gangsters and spivs fighting over the the regurgitated, carrot ridden vomit of a football club.

This is it for me, 100%.

We bit of wages info from a well kent agent.

Elbows is not on silly money as is believed. He signed a new four year contract with chuckles at 8k a week, decreasing by 2k each season owning to age. Thus he is on 4k a week this year and 2k next year. plus all the bonus payments the 1st team will be entitled to of course.

Big zal is on 4k

Boyd and miller are on 5k a week. however here is the kicker. its suspended until xmas. ie no money at all just now and then a big lump at xmas time. eek!! That may seem a big gamble from those two but if the team goes into admin, then those salaries are classed as football debts and would need to be settled before exiting admin etc.

it sort of explains how they could afford them in the summer.

Also, McCoist is unlikely to be sacked as his 50% salary reduction is only suspended until the end of his contract. So if he is sacked, they would need to find roughly 1million to pay him off. Not gonna happen bar an insolvency event.

As stated in 1st line sauce is a football agent, who I will not name for obvious reasons.

maroonlegions

Is the noose getting tighter??

quote;

"RANGERS face an instant SPFL disciplinary investigation if they fail to pay their players and coaching staff at the end of the month, it was revealed last night.

Former director Imran Ahmad?s court victory on Friday, freezing ?620,000 of the club?s dwindling ?1.2million cash reserves, leaves the beleaguered Gers board struggling to make payroll.

Now, if they default, rules introduced two years ago on the back of Hearts? problems leave them no wriggle room".

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/revealed-rangers-face-immediate-spfl-4177789

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Elbows is not on silly money as is believed. He signed a new four year contract with chuckles at 8k a week, decreasing by 2k each season owning to age. Thus he is on 4k a week this year and 2k next year. plus all the bonus payments the 1st team will be entitled to of course.

Big zal is on 4k

Boyd and miller are on 5k a week. however here is the kicker. its suspended until xmas. ie no money at all just now and then a big lump at xmas time. eek!! That may seem a big gamble from those two but if the team goes into admin, then those salaries are classed as football debts and would need to be settled before exiting admin etc.

Also, McCoist is unlikely to be sacked as his 50% salary reduction is only suspended until the end of his contract. So if he is sacked, they would need to find roughly 1million to pay him off. Not gonna happen bar an insolvency event.

As stated in 1st line sauce is a football agent, who I will not name for obvious reasons.

Stuck with Alastair, unless they find a million quid? :rofl:

:pleasing:

maroonlegions

Oh Dear.

http://www.dailyreco...te-spfl-4177789

They are really just putting off the inevitable - they'd be better doing it voluntarily, taking the points deduction and moving on quietly.

Its all about dignity now and how they go about it, of course we set an example as to how to conduct your self with dignity in our plight, also our call to arms and the response to it was magnificent.

Edited by maroonlegions

Geoff Kilpatrick

Its all about dignity now and how they go about it, of course we set an example as to how to conduct your self with dignity in our plight, also our call to arms and the response to it was magnificent.

Before we start circle jerking, we had a clear path for exit. Sevco don't as their owners are milking the last drops of a cash cow before it is sent off to the abattoir.

Before we start circle jerking, we had a clear path for exit. Sevco don't as their owners are milking the last drops of a cash cow before it is sent off to the abattoir.

Indeed. Admin could result in Rangers shedding costs and bringing them under control but there is little to suggest that the owners would allow a Hearts style transfer of shares to a fan group - or anyone else for that matter.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Club 'legend screwing them. :lol:

He's dug himself in to the fabric of the big house through a hole in the skirting boards.

Alistair is going nowhere. :smug:

Edited by Mothy

I'm not really ' au fait' with the goings on, but for a numpty like me, in percentage, how likely is it that rangers will be hit with sanctions for non payment etc? Pretty hard to estimate I'd imagine

I'm not really ' au fait' with the goings on, but for a numpty like me, in percentage, how likely is it that rangers will be hit with sanctions for non payment etc? Pretty hard to estimate I'd imagine

Immediate transfer embargo will be the worst of it unless there are consistent late payments.

Oh Dear.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/revealed-rangers-face-immediate-spfl-4177789

They are really just putting off the inevitable - they'd be better doing it voluntarily, taking the points deduction and moving on quietly.

Especially considering there's a genuine chance well finish above them this season anyway

Oh Dear.

Especially considering there's a genuine chance well finish above them this season anyway

maroonlegions

So the Rangers fans were helpless to help their club then first time around? so everyone else who was bleating on about their lack of doing something the first time around are wrong to bring that point up then. What was all the blaming ect from Salary the first time around for, fans deserting the ST sales this season, dignity or the lack off was abundant first time around, you could not escape it from the media as it emanating from their quarters on a daily basis.Yes dignity or the lack of it has a wonderful way of rearing its ugly head in time. To me they have shown no dignity about their plight from day one, in fact they blamed everyone apart from the weather. lol.

Guest GhostHunter

They seem to pinning a lot to this share issue - but, unless I'm mistaken, most of that will be swallowed up in payments to creditors, and even then, it's not an "instant" source of funding...

Guest Bilel Mohsni

They seem to pinning a lot to this share issue - but, unless I'm mistaken, most of that will be swallowed up in payments to creditors, and even then, it's not an "instant" source of funding...

Certainly looks that way from the Record article.

Geoff Kilpatrick

So the Rangers fans were helpless to help their club then first time around?

With the tax cases hanging over them, in practical terms, yes.

so everyone else who was bleating on about their lack of doing something the first time around are wrong to bring that point up then. What was all the blaming ect from Salary the first time around for, fans deserting the ST sales this season, dignity or the lack off was abundant first time around, you could not escape it from the media as it emanating from their quarters on a daily basis.Yes dignity or the lack of it has a wonderful way of rearing its ugly head in time. To me they have shown no dignity about their plight from day one, in fact they blamed everyone apart from the weather. lol.

The problem first time round was blaming everyone else for their own mess. If they had shown any kind of contrition (the fans, that is) they would have been offered sympathy. As it was...

Where I also blame them is falling for the snake oil salesman known as Chuck. All he had to do to get them onside was basically shout "No Surrender" and talk about anti-Rangers conspiracies, which was bollocks. That was their own doing.

maroonlegions

With the tax cases hanging over them, in practical terms, yes.

The problem first time round was blaming everyone else for their own mess. If they had shown any kind of contrition (the fans, that is) they would have been offered sympathy. As it was...

Where I also blame them is falling for the snake oil salesman known as Chuck. All he had to do to get them onside was basically shout "No Surrender" and talk about anti-Rangers conspiracies, which was bollocks. That was their own doing.

Agree GT, they certainly played the victim part very well, it was an oscar like performance. they are now heading down a very dark tunnel and no sign of any light at the end of it just now.

Is the noose getting tighter??

quote;

"RANGERS face an instant SPFL disciplinary investigation if they fail to pay their players and coaching staff at the end of the month, it was revealed last night.

Former director Imran Ahmad?s court victory on Friday, freezing ?620,000 of the club?s dwindling ?1.2million cash reserves, leaves the beleaguered Gers board struggling to make payroll.

Now, if they default, rules introduced two years ago on the back of Hearts? problems leave them no wriggle room".

http://www.dailyreco...te-spfl-4177789

The main bullet point from the article is, 'slap on the wrist'.

Big zal is on 4k

I'd heard similar tbh, majority are not on huge weekly wages with the likes of Darren McGregor on 12-1500 a week, what utterly cripples them though are the win/goal/clean sheet bonus's that take nearly every 1st team player up to at least 7-8k per week!

maroonlegions

The main bullet point from the article is, 'slap on the wrist'.

Aye that stood out like a sair thumb to me to.Wonder if this "slap on the wrist" was included in the rules after they went t***up the first time.

i wish jj was my dad

Stuck with Alastair, unless they find a million quid? :rofl:

:pleasing:

The cheeky scamp will go down in history as the legend who killed the club.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

The cheeky scamp will go down in history as the legend who killed the club.

At least he'll be able to look at his bank balance for comfort. :thumbsup:

Aye that stood out like a sair thumb to me to.Wonder if this "slap on the wrist" was included in the rules after they went t***up the first time.

The first time we defaulted on wages, all we got was a slap on the wrist.

maroonlegions

The first time we defaulted on wages, all we got was a slap on the wrist.

First time, this will be their second time then.

If I understand correctly, a large part of their problem post administration/liquidation this time will be that income streams previously the preserve of the football club,have now been hived off into separate businesses. That will remain the case post administration, seriously reducing their ability to compete in the future.

What punishment they get for delayed wages is irrelevant. Either they receive an injection of millions or they enter administration.

Their monthly shortfall is too significant for it to drag on without either of the above once the cash runs out.

Edited by Hungry hippo

Guest Bilel Mohsni

If I understand correctly, a large part of their problem post administration/liquidation this time will be that income streams previously the preserve of the football club,have now been hived off into separate businesses. That will remain the case post administration, seriously reducing their ability to compete in the future.

Unless say for example, the guy who own retail decides to pick up the post admin carcass of the club for pennies?

• Maple Leaf locked this topic