The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

:rofl:

Could we chip in and get them to name it Ibrox?

I'd rather play ?2 for Ibrox and name it the F**ny Pad Arena.

Edited by Claudia

See 99% of the guff on this thread is it all just wishful thinking? Honestly we on about Hibs wanting us dead, is this crap any different? If they go under fair enough then dish it out to them but I just don't get this w~~~ fest... still nice have an obsession I suppose?

Really?, no likey no readie,,,

Rudolf's Mate
See 99% of the guff on this thread is it all just wishful thinking? Honestly we on about Hibs wanting us dead, is this crap any different? If they go under fair enough then dish it out to them but I just don't get this w~~~ fest... still nice have an obsession I suppose?

I didn't actually want them to go completely out of business last time. The fact they've got such a strong fan base yet have still managed to royally feck it up, they deserve to be wiped out!

It beggars belief that here we are again (possibly) with them in serious financial trouble so soon after the last meltdown. I have absolutely no sympathy for them nor would I expect any for us if we did the same. They had a warning shot and have decided to ignore it. Any club run this way deserves to be put out of business!

Your obsession comment is wide of the mark!

Their issues could cost them -25 points and effectively take our biggest threat out the title race so excuse me if i keep with this thread.

Edited by Jamboelite

alwaysthereinspirit

We wouldn't have a thread like this if your team had played by the rules.

This thread is extremely factual unlike the equivalent Hibs thread about us (since deleted due to the high level of bollocks).

This thread is extremely factual unlike the equivalent Hibs thread about us (since deleted due to the high level of bollocks).

It got deleted? That's brilliant.

Dagger Is Back

I reckon it will be a couple of months before Rangers go into admin.

Insolvent businesses can usually stagger on for a while by robbing Peter to pay Paul before they accept their fate.

I think Peters already been mugged - twice!

Rangers have appealed the decision which will be heard on Tuesday. The money i assume until then is still not Imrans.

I think any admin will be put off until they lose the appeal AND their share issue fails.

think its Tuesday to decide if they CAN appeal, not actual appeal hearing

"We wouldn't have a thread like this if your team had played by the rules."

That is so shallow! I have looked at your profile it tells me you were born the year after I watched my first game at Tynecastle... in which we had a draw with Clyde. I am no Rangers apologist nut some of the stuff spouted on this thread is slightly obsessed... IMO. However even as a Hearts supporter for many a year it pains me to say that "if your team had played by the rules" applies to Hearts just as much as it does to Rangers or do you do rules on a sliding scale?

think its Tuesday to decide if they CAN appeal, not actual appeal hearing

And I would expect the money is currently ring fenced, but if Rangers are given leave to appeal, will the money be released pending the outcome of the appeal, or will it remain ring fenced until the appeal is heard?

alwaysthereinspirit

That is so shallow! I have looked at your profile it tells me you were born the year after I watched my first game at Tynecastle... in which we had a draw with Clyde. I am no Rangers apologist nut some of the stuff spouted on this thread is slightly obsessed... IMO. However even as a Hearts supporter for many a year it pains me to say that "if your team had played by the rules" applies to Hearts just as much as it does to Rangers or do you do rules on a sliding scale?

We may on occasion over the past 9 years not have played totally within the rules but we certainly weren't close to breaking them the same way Rangers did for close to 20 years. We were rightly punished for financial discrepancies and the club accepted them and took the punishment without complaint. Rangers or the other hand..................

And I would expect the money is currently ring fenced, but if Rangers are given leave to appeal, will the money be released pending the outcome of the appeal, or will it remain ring fenced until the appeal is heard?

Monies remain ring fenced until final outcome of any appeal I think.

Monies remain ring fenced until final outcome of any appeal I think.

I think this is correct, and if they lose their appeal, then it will remain that way until the court case in November.

Immediate transfer embargo will be the worst of it unless there are consistent late payments.

Yep. A ban on transfer activity until the window opens in January...

Exactly!

Jambof3tornado

I think this is correct, and if they lose their appeal, then it will remain that way until the court case in November.

Or for even longer if there are any delays/appeals during the actual court case.

Rudolf's Mate

Several people out across IMO valid reasons why they believe newco should suffer. You've decided to highlight one comment although it was still a valid comment as it wasn't just a case of oldco throwing money at a team they in order to win titles! Neither is it a shallow comment and all clubs, ourselves included, should play within the rules.

It's easy to say but if we did exactly what they did then I'd be appalled as it would honestly taint every title/cup won!

Several people out across IMO valid reasons why they believe newco should suffer. You've decided to highlight one comment although it was still a valid comment as it wasn't just a case of oldco throwing money at a team they in order to win titles! Neither is it a shallow comment and all clubs, ourselves included, should play within the rules.

It's easy to say but if we did exactly what they did then I'd be appalled as it would honestly taint every title/cup won!

It would be interesting how we would react if at a later date it transpired for our ?1.5m tax bill we were retaining joint Scottish and Lithuanian contracts, but only lodged the Scots ones?

Excluding interest and penalty fees, on a financial pro rata, we should expect a fine in the region of ?15k.

But we have self certified upon request from the SPL that we never withheld any documentation, so I'd be thoroughly peed off if we were lying.

Ashamed and embarrassed? Should be. Would be? This is football.

Edited by DETTY29

Rudolf's Mate

It would be interesting how we would react if at a later date it transpired for our ?1.5m tax bill we were retaining joint Scottish and Lithuanian contracts, but only lodged the Scots ones?

Excluding interest and penalty fees, on a financial pro rata, we should expect a fine in the region of ?15k.

But we have self certified upon request from the SPL that we never withheld any documentation, so I'd be thoroughly peed off if we were lying.

Ashamed and embarrassed? Should be. Would be? This is football.

Fair points and it's easy to say that it's nowhere near as bad a them however where do you draw the line?

Fair points and it's easy to say that it's nowhere near as bad a them however where do you draw the line?

I would draw the line at where the National media is corrupted. Where the ruling bodies are corrupted. Where there are threats of violence against officials who don't provide favors, or against committees who impose penalties. Where fans feel justified in smashing up a major city Centre because a TV breaks down. Where public disorder is used as an excuse for not applying the rules to the biggest rule breakers.

But that's just me I suppose.

Ashley is quietly stripping the assets from right under their noses..the purchase of the retail arm, and the TUPE'ing of all it's staff, to me, is a clear indication of that...

A quick Q for anyone involved in employment law.

Can staff just be Tupe'd over or is there a cooling off period?

I thought there was something like 90 days or redundancy terms to be offered.

Reason I'm asking if the 90 day rule is still there is it just starting or has this been planned for some time?

Edited by DETTY29

Reason I'm asking if the 90 day rule is still there is it just starting or has this been planned for some time?

There should have been a consultation period pre-TUPE afaik

There should have been a consultation period pre-TUPE afaik

Is (was) TUPE actually appropriate in this case - I don't see any "transfer" , not in any sense that I've been transferred (twice). Rangers went bust and a new company was formed so there was never any "transfer" ? Can you clarify ?

Is (was) TUPE actually appropriate in this case - I don't see any "transfer" , not in any sense that I've been transferred (twice). Rangers went bust and a new company was formed so there was never any "transfer" ? Can you clarify ?

I'm no expert on this by any means but when one business takes over a distinct part of another business the people that worked in that part are covered by the Tupe regs.

Hagar the Horrible

According to Merlin the wigs want Wallace gone, I wonder how much that will cost? I am beginning to think that Wallace is the only one who genuinely has the best interest of the club at heart and has his hands tied behind his back, every time he tries to curb the spending and reduce wage bills he gets a kick in the stains oouch. I don't think they have the power directly to sack him, without the backing of the entire board, plus I think post admin any new buyer might be wise to keep him. The thing is he is NOT a Rangers man, and right now that is an asset? as the so called Rangers men are feasting on their own carcass!

Their own fans never need to help them out as we did cos there is always someone out there who is willing to stick millions into the club so they get complacent. Indeed have almost always had a silver spoon in their mouths.....take for granted cup wins league wins and Europe.....celebrities attach to both ugly sisters to make them both feel smug n superior, they will never know what its like to support a normal team, they are both set up for two things...make money and stick it up each other, that`s it and the rest of us just have to stand by as a side show.

Allowayjambo1874

Their own fans never need to help them out as we did cos there is always someone out there who is willing to stick millions into the club so they get complacent. Indeed have almost always had a silver spoon in their mouths.....take for granted cup wins league wins and Europe.....celebrities attach to both ugly sisters to make them both feel smug n superior, they will never know what its like to support a normal team, they are both set up for two things...make money and stick it up each other, that`s it and the rest of us just have to stand by as a side show.

And this is exactly why they are in trouble as no one is interested in doing this anymore hence they are owned by spivs and have been ripped apart. Though they cling on to king riding in their fans know its not a sure thing and that there is no plan b other than selling off the family silver.

Every hun I knows accepts that they way we have done things on and off the pitch was the way they should have done things. There has been huge change in their fans attitudes 18 months ago was still listening to 'when we get back into europe' chat now they just want spivs out even if that meant going backwards for a few years.

Think the penny has finally dropped.

90 days consultation period is for where there are more than 100 people involved, for less than 100 people it's 30 days consultation.

Has he put Newcastle United up for sale yet?

Newcastle United have been up for sale for some time I believe with no takers at the current price. I don't know what the price is but given how Ashley has conducted his business at Newcastle it will be an exorbitant amount. Interestingly he has only very recently resurfaced at games after a long sabbatical. Could be something in that. Could not be.

90 days consultation period is for where there are more than 100 people involved, for less than 100 people it's 30 days consultation.

Is that not for redundancy, rather than TUPE?

Don't think it applies in the case of an insolvency event either.

I had a look at a TUPE pdf provided by ACAS online, it was a guideline to what needs to be done. It does mention a consultation but there was no mention of it being a mandatory minimum amount of time.

http://www.acas.org.uk/media/pdf/i/h/Handling-TUPE-Transfers-The-Acas-Guide.pdf

Maybe the time period was specifically for insolvency events?

Edited by Smithee

I've been querying Rangers Retail staff going to Sports Direct rather than players.

I doubt Ashley will be putting Elbows on the Sports Direct payroll.

I've been querying Rangers Retail staff going to Sports Direct rather than players.

Apologies - I thought it was in reference to a possible insolvency event similar to what Green done with MkII.

You would think that if the retail company (which is the only profitable part of the business) was being taken over or altered significantly that there would be a stock market announcement...

Edited by SUTOL

Wallace isn't in step with the spivs way of thinking.. Ashley is the man they want, not wallace's preferred option of king (the tax cheat).

Wallace was never staying long there either tbh. Only heard good things about him.. He's far better out of this altogether imo..

Let's see how feels about his position after he receives his 100% bonus. Anyone know when that is due?

You would think that if the retail company (which is the only profitable part of the business) was being taken over or altered significantly that there would be a stock market announcement...

Well either the Daily Record has got it wrong, or the RIFC and it's Nomad are pretty relaxed about what determines an AIM announcement.

Actually, I think you are right.

Speaking to my neighbourhood Orc tonight and he seems to think Dave King has passed the fit and proper persons test and can move in anytime. He's a bright well educated guy but typically blind like the other Orcs. I said King was a convicted criminal but he assured me that was not a problem. post-25452-0-51397600-1410201587_thumb.jpg

scottish_chicP
Speaking to my neighbourhood Orc tonight and he seems to think Dave King has passed the fit and proper persons test and can move in anytime. He's a bright well educated guy but typically blind like the other Orcs. I said King was a convicted criminal but he assured me that was not a problem. post-25452-0-51397600-1410201587_thumb.jpg

Like the one who told me last week King had transferred 32 million. I seen him yesterday in the pub. He didn't say much :rofl:

Prince Buaben

Unless he needs someone to stack the warehouse

• Maple Leaf locked this topic