The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Could take a long time for Ashley to sell newcastle. Something the bluenoses haven't got a lot of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting that the Telegraph are reporting Ashley will now sell Newcastle to increase his stake in Rangers. Not sure who their source is but it could mean that even if the issue fails, Ashley could strike a deal to get a much larger stake from one of the Spivs. Either that or he will wait for admin before picking up the scraps...

http://www.telegraph...es-Rangers.html

Ashley has been trying to sell Newcastle for years, don't hold your breath for that to happen.

Why would he want to buy sevco? he already has control of the merchandising and the bones have been picked clean by the rest of the spivs.

He won't be riding to the rescue of the orcs on a white charger, if the share issue fails(which it likely will) expect admin by the end of the month.

Geoff Kilpatrick

so UOF summary Rizvi isn't the kind of guy Rangers should be associated with but Dave King is.Seems about right

:spoton:

Given the income available in the EPL it just doesn't seem to make any sense to sell Newcastle and buy rangers.

Maybe he feels he cant take Newcastle any further and has a buyer offering him a good price. Ranger on the other hand would be a good investment if he can drag them out the current mess and back to where they were.

Maybe he feels he cant take Newcastle any further and has a buyer offering him a good price. Ranger on the other hand would be a good investment if he can drag them out the current mess and back to where they were.

That not going to happen any time soon

The gap between English and Scottish football in financial terms will continue to grow and grow I'm afraid, Rangers are a busted flush. They will never ever get back to where they were in the 9IAR days

IMHO Ashley will do enough to enough to keep the club alive so he and his fellow spivs can feed off the carcass for some time yet.

(mod delete)

That not going to happen any time soon

The gap between English and Scottish football in financial terms will continue to grow and grow I'm afraid, Rangers are a busted flush. They will never ever get back to where they were in the 9IAR days

IMHO Ashley will do enough to enough to keep the club alive so he and his fellow spivs can feed off the carcass for some time yet.

http://www.telegraph...es-Rangers.html

I don't see the gap between EPL and SPFL as relevant. It;s just about selling one business and using some of the funds to buy another one.

Ashley might feel he has what it takes to buy the club, oust the SPIVS, build the club up again, and raise the share price to make himself tidy profit!

Where the problem lies is that to be successful and meet the aspirations of the Rangers support, the club needs heavily subsidised.

Also look at what he's looking for for Newcastle. There is also a ?134m loan. Not a shares investment, a loan he has put against the club.

Is a hard nosed business man who has sewn up all Rangers Retail income for Sports Direct really got Rangersitis and willing to throw money away on a loss making vanity project?

And to get Rangers without them heading for admin, he has to sell Newcastle within 2 months. If it's known it is because he (desparately) wants Rangers, surely any bidder for Newcastle would be looking for a significant discount on the price to the extent of 10s of millions of pounds.

And instead of investing, he loans Rangers the money but takes Ibrox and Murray Park, will it be a similar type of deal to Rangers Retail? Retail sales are now dropping off. Would the fans say enough is enough re going to Ibrox too.

But what are we missing that many of the press believe Ashley can easily take a major shareholding control within 3 months with no seller lined up for Newcastle? And with a rising rather than reducing purchase price?

Edited by DETTY29

Where the problem lies is that to be successful and meet the aspirations of the Rangers support, the club needs heavily subsidised.

Also look at what he's looking for for Newcastle. There is also a ?134m loan. Not a shares investment, a loan he has put against the club.

Is a hard nosed business man who has sewn up all Rangers Retail income for Sports Direct really got Rangersitis and willing to throw money away on a loss making vanity project?

And to get Rangers without them heading for admin, he has to sell Newcastle within 2 months. If it's known it is because he (desparately) wants Rangers, surely any bidder for Newcastle would be looking for a significant discount on the price to the extent of 10s of millions of pounds.

And instead of investing, he loans Rangers the money but takes Ibrox and Murray Park, will it be a similar type of deal to Rangers Retail? Retail sales are now dropping off. Would the fans say enough is enough re going to Ibrox too.

But what are we missing that many of the press believe Ashley can easily take a major shareholding control within 3 months with no seller lined up for Newcastle? And with a rising rather than reducing purchase price?

An excellent post.....As an aside,surely a hard nosed businessman upon realising the risks involved with investing / loaning Rangers monies will have A) High Interest rates & B) Tight security on Ibrox. Murray park does'nt have a lot of 'other' uses other than training / sports related,hence not the same attraction.

Edited by Meadows

Any journalist worth his salt should push him.

Wonder what his demeanour will be like today when he walks in ?

Option 1 - Face like Fizz, did this the last time, didn't work, journos ignored it, he walked out.

Option 2- Cheeky Chappy, descending into Face like Fizz.

Option 3 - Bland, knowing that any journo asking 'non-football' questions will be ejected.

Fancy Option 3 myself.

Salary was happy enough to talk about how Hector had done his club, well the Old one anyway, an injustice. He should be reminded by journalists that this was not a football matter. 2 faced fud.

Wonder if it will be 'football only' questions again for super salary today

1st question. Salary, how many shares did you buy in this share issue?

Salary's answer ......... Off

Hagar the Horrible

Can somebody explain to me why convicted fraudster Rizvi is a bad fraudster while convicted fraudster King is a good one?

Wonder if it will be 'football only' questions again for super salary today

I don't think you're showing him much respect here.

Can somebody explain to me why convicted fraudster Rizvi is a bad fraudster while convicted fraudster King is a good one?

Simple- because the bigots are racists too!

Rumours going round that Ashley has made them an offer to buy Ibrox from them and lease it back to the club.

Until he sells Newcastle United, it's all he can do now to 'help' out.

Until he sells Newcastle United, it's all he can do now to 'help' out.

They are becoming increasing desperate and if the other stories that are going round are true that the Share Issue has been significantly under subscribed I reckon that this is exactly the sort of deal that the present board will jump at. More spivery and a deal that will further weaken them in the long term.

Mike Ashley has taken Newcastle United backwards. If the eventuality is that he ends up at Rangers then he'll do exactly the same thing there. He will milk them for every single penny. In fact he has started doing it already with the retail arrangements. The man is a complete cretin and the worst possible person I could think of in charge of any club. He is the biggest spiv of all.

Victor Meldrew

Rumours going round that Ashley has made them an offer to buy Ibrox from them and lease it back to the club.

I hope that's true - it will kill them.

If they did this, the fans would be in uproar, and would almost certainly boycott in greater numbers than at present (given that the source of the current boycott is the failure to promise not to charge the 'Big Hoose')

Coupled to this, Rangers will have to pay rent for the ground (unlikely to be cheap, particularly as they're in a weak bargaining position)

They'll also waste the cash they receive pretty quickly - loans will have to be repaid, anyone that's taken a wage deferral will ask for their cash.

All good stuff.

Evening Times

And brassed-off fans could also stop giving money to companies linked to the Glasgow giants ? including McGill?s Buses and Sports Direct.

The Sons of Struth protest group believes there is growing support among its members and other supporters for this drastic action.

Sons of Struth founder Craig Houston confirmed his organisation is to poll its 1500 members over whether to boycott games and businesses.

He said: ?The feedback we have received from members and other fans is overwhelmingly in favour of boycotting games and businesses.

?A very low percentage of fans have faith in the board. Every time a new revelation emerges we ask what we can do other than holding red and blue card demonstrations to highlight our unhappiness that is legal and this is one route we can go down.?

?But there has to be a silver bullet moment where you say enough is enough. If that results in boycotts of your team, certain sports shops, certain transport or insurance companies, so be it.?

The move comes after it emerged that shareholder Sandy Easdale had met with Malaysian businessman Datuk Faizoull Bin Ahmad and convicted fraudster Rafat Rivzi this week.

Easdale was pictured with Rizvi, who is wanted by Interpol for corruption, money laundering and banking crime, in Glasgow.

Last night the Union of Fans called on the Rangers board to remove Easdale over the visit.

A statement said: ?Mr Easdale has dragged our club?s name through the gutter once too often. Perhaps he feels his association with a man wanted by Interpol is acceptable. It is not.

?Graham Wallace, Norman Crighton, David Somers and Philip Nash must dissociate the PLC board from this further attempt to involve Rizvi in Rangers? affairs.?

However, Rangers last night denied the meeting was connected with investment in the club.

An Ibrox spokesman said: ?The visit was organised as part of ongoing discussions between Rangers and Malaysian club Felda United with regard to a youth development partnership.

?Mr Rizvi arrived without our prior knowledge. He is an advisor to Mr Bin Ahmad. Media reports suggesting Mr Bin Ahmad is in discussions with Rangers regarding anything other than youth development are untrue.?

Meanwhile, other reports in England last night claimed Mike Ashley is prepared to sell Newcastle United for ?230million so he can boost his stake in Rangers.

Ready to walk away are they?

They cant help themselves with the last line, eh?

An excellent post.....As an aside,surely a hard nosed businessman upon realising the risks involved with investing / loaning Rangers monies will have A) High Interest rates & B) Tight security on Ibrox. Murray park does'nt have a lot of 'other' uses other than training / sports related,hence not the same attraction.

I agree.. ps Radio SCotland , talking about selling Newcastle, says it would require fully three months from date of signed sale for completion.

wentworth jambo

I hope that's true - it will kill them.

If they did this, the fans would be in uproar, and would almost certainly boycott in greater numbers than at present (given that the source of the current boycott is the failure to promise not to charge the 'Big Sports Direct Hoose')

Coupled to this, Rangers will have to pay rent for the ground (unlikely to be cheap, particularly as they're in a weak bargaining position)

They'll also waste the cash they receive pretty quickly - loans will have to be repaid, anyone that's taken a wage deferral will ask for their cash.

All good stuff.

Corrected that for you :antlers:

The strip deals etc from both Newcastle and Rangers (now) contribute approx ?3.5 million to his company each.

This is not a significant part of the Sports Direct business but the 'free advertising' along with the turnover from both 'adds value to the company' as he put it recently.

As a businessman he has been very shrewd so depite all the knockers on here he would get Rangers back on a financial even keel.....he is well aware the profits are in Champions league qualification and in Scotland there is only one rival as he sees it to that spot.

the interview below is one of the few he has ever done

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/after-five-years-silence-newcastle-4197405

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

I think it was Richard Wilson on Sportsound tonight and his sounding from Ibrox is that they will raise the fiance just with this share issue to keep them going to the next one.

When it is hoped Ashley or King will come in to save them from administration by investing next time round.

Oh well this is certainly PMBG v. a soft pro Rangers journalist on whether their inside info from Ibrox is correct.

What, or who, is "PMBG"?

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Evening Times

And brassed-off fans could also stop giving money to companies linked to the Glasgow giants ? including McGill?s Buses and Sports Direct.

The Sons of Struth protest group believes there is growing support among its members and other supporters for this drastic action.

Sons of Struth founder Craig Houston confirmed his organisation is to poll its 1500 members over whether to boycott games and businesses.

He said: ?The feedback we have received from members and other fans is overwhelmingly in favour of boycotting games and businesses.

?A very low percentage of fans have faith in the board. Every time a new revelation emerges we ask what we can do other than holding red and blue card demonstrations to highlight our unhappiness that is legal and this is one route we can go down.?

?But there has to be a silver bullet moment where you say enough is enough. If that results in boycotts of your team, certain sports shops, certain transport or insurance companies, so be it.?

The move comes after it emerged that shareholder Sandy Easdale had met with Malaysian businessman Datuk Faizoull Bin Ahmad and convicted fraudster Rafat Rivzi this week.

Easdale was pictured with Rizvi, who is wanted by Interpol for corruption, money laundering and banking crime, in Glasgow.

Last night the Union of Fans called on the Rangers board to remove Easdale over the visit.

A statement said: ?Mr Easdale has dragged our club?s name through the gutter once too often. Perhaps he feels his association with a man wanted by Interpol is acceptable. It is not.

?Graham Wallace, Norman Crighton, David Somers and Philip Nash must dissociate the PLC board from this further attempt to involve Rizvi in Rangers? affairs.?

However, Rangers last night denied the meeting was connected with investment in the club.

An Ibrox spokesman said: ?The visit was organised as part of ongoing discussions between Rangers and Malaysian club Felda United with regard to a youth development partnership.

?Mr Rizvi arrived without our prior knowledge. He is an advisor to Mr Bin Ahmad. Media reports suggesting Mr Bin Ahmad is in discussions with Rangers regarding anything other than youth development are untrue.?

Meanwhile, other reports in England last night claimed Mike Ashley is prepared to sell Newcastle United for ?230million so he can boost his stake in Rangers.

Ready to walk away are they?

They cant help themselves with the last line, eh?

Looking in the bright side. If those deranged vagrants stop shopping in Sports Direct, then at least they'll look a bit less trampy when they scuttle up to Tynecastle in a few weeks time. :)

Because King is one of 'ra peepul', whereas Rizvi is not.

What, or who, is "PMBG"?

It was meant to be PMGB I guess, Phil MacGiolla Bhain, an Irish based blogger with a lot to say on the Rangers soap opera.

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

It was meant to be PMGB I guess, Phil MacGiolla Bhain, an Irish based blogger with a lot to say on the Rangers soap opera.

Ta. Too many acronyms around for auld buggers like me.

At least it's not a TLA.....

Hagar the Horrible

Rangers manager Ally McCoist believes the financially-troubled club are not under threat of entering administration.

While admitting he has been told the Scottish Championship side are actively seeking new investment, he insists he has been reassured 'administration will not be the case'.

Rangers will find out on Friday if their latest £4million share issue is successful after the Ibrox board warned they may not be able to pay creditors should it fall short.

Reports claim Newcastle owner Mike Ashley is a potential buyer of the club and McCoist says any investment would be welcome.

Speaking ahead of Friday's trip to Raith Rovers, he said: "I've been reassured by the chief executive that that (administration) will not be the case.

"I am not a financial man, I don't see the accounts, I don't know the accounts, I don't know the expenditure, I don't know the ins and outs, with the greatest of respect that is not my job.

"My job is to hopefully pick a team that can get us out the division and win games and that is what I am concentrating on.

"If there is a side to it where we go into that situation again I would expect to be informed but I certainly haven't been anything other than reassured.

"I haven't been told there is, has been, commitment on that front, but I have certainly been told the plan is there will be hopefully reinvestment, and they will be searching for it."

Rangers manager Ally McCoist believes the financially-troubled club are not under threat of entering administration.

While admitting he has been told the Scottish Championship side are actively seeking new investment, he insists he has been reassured 'administration will not be the case'.

Rangers will find out on Friday if their latest £4million share issue is successful after the Ibrox board warned they may not be able to pay creditors should it fall short.

Reports claim Newcastle owner Mike Ashley is a potential buyer of the club and McCoist says any investment would be welcome.

Speaking ahead of Friday's trip to Raith Rovers, he said: "I've been reassured by the chief executive that that (administration) will not be the case.

"I am not a financial man, I don't see the accounts, I don't know the accounts, I don't know the expenditure, I don't know the ins and outs, with the greatest of respect that is not my job.

"My job is to hopefully pick a team that can get us out the division and win games and that is what I am concentrating on.

"If there is a side to it where we go into that situation again I would expect to be informed but I certainly haven't been anything other than reassured.

"I haven't been told there is, has been, commitment on that front, but I have certainly been told the plan is there will be hopefully reinvestment, and they will be searching for it."

Non footballing issues from Salary, no Respect for the reporters.

McCoist continued "there are things that I know and things that I don't know, there are things that I should know but don't and there are things I wish I knew.........."

He really has no idea the nick that they're in does he ?

So he says that he is "not a financial man", he does not see the accounts and he does not know the expenditure but will take a huge salary even after a cut, the NEWCO way, one train to oblivion, all aboard.

thisismystorythisismysong

Keep running Ally...not to worry, there's plenty of professional liar vacancies on offer!

So he says that he is "not a financial man", he does not see the accounts and he does not know the expenditure but will take a huge salary even after a cut, the NEWCO way, one train to oblivion, all aboard.

Odd that he managed to trouser a salary of ?800K and a whole batch of shares for 1p each, when he claims he is not a Financial Man.

"I am not a financial man, I don't see the accounts, I don't know the accounts, I don't know the expenditure, I don't know the ins and outs, with the greatest of respect that is not my job. I don't know how to set the team up, I wouldn't know a decent player if I saw one and I have no idea what I'm doing. I just trouser as much cash as I can."

Phil D. Corners

Think I heard correctly on BBC Scotland, that Rangers fans(groups) are to hold a vote soon to possibly start boycotting home games in protest on how the club's being run.

Oh Really....?! :2thumbsup:

Apologies in advance if I mis-heard.

A football hunger strike could be the rangers fans only real option to force an change.

By going to the games they are feedling the SPIVS, if they stay away the SPIVS will be starved out. A hunger strike would deny the much need funds and ultimately speed up any change of ownership or admin. If the club were to go into admin then they could come back and support when the administrators take over the running.

Not saying it's easy, but short term pain for long term gain.

Rangers only have 3 home games between now and November. That could might be enough of a strike if the numbers flying around are correct.

Odd that he managed to trouser a salary of ?800K and a whole batch of shares for 1p each, when he claims he is not a Financial Man.

this,

A football hunger strike could be the rangers fans only real option to force an change.

By going to the games they are feedling the SPIVS, if they stay away the SPIVS will be starved out. A hunger strike would deny the much need funds and ultimately speed up any change of ownership or admin. If the club were to go into admin then they could come back and support when the administrators take over the running.

Not saying it's easy, but short term pain for long term gain.

Rangers only have 3 home games between now and November. That could might be enough of a strike if the numbers flying around are correct.

A strike only works if you are sure there is someone waiting in the wings to take over

You also need to be aware of the consequences of such an action such as a points penalty, players being released, staff cuts etc and when that is all over what do you have left and can you survive and prosper ?

The cost of such action is high and there is a risk to the clubs existence.......a poker game of high stakes.

"I am not a financial man, I don't see the accounts, I don't know the accounts, I don't know the expenditure, I don't know the ins and outs, with the greatest of respect that is not my job. I don't know how to set the team up, I wouldn't know a decent player if I saw one and I have no idea what I'm doing. I just trouser as much cash as I can."

ha ha, long may he reign.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic