The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

I'm in the same boat Geoff.

A 15 point v. 25 point deduction is naturally better for the new business going forward. The administrators already know that as long as there is a football team wearing blue jerseys with the words Rangers in it, it will be followed. And those following it will believe in continuity, irrespective of what Scots law or football rules say about it*. And whether others like cit or not, Rangers are a fabric of Scottish society.

If I was an administrator trying get best for both the creditors and the business going forward, I'd be pushing for significant clarity on the rules. Indeed I'd also argue that certainly the 25 point penalty couldn't be deducted until all legal avenues and rights of appeal have been exhausted. Potentially 15 would be acceptable, but you could also argue that no penalty should be handed out until all these avenues have been exhausted. And worryingly it would certainly draw us in to an off field debate we would rather not, that could impact on field performances too. Indeed, from a Rangers perspective, I'd be doing it for nusance factor to impact the opposition.

*Back in 2012 Douglas Fraser, BBC business editor was adamant company and club cannot be seperated. LNS said they could but he wasn't working off an open book, but a Terms of Reference supplied to him by the SPL. Admittedly, LNS will know more about Scots Law than Douglas Fraser or any of us ever will.

It's a huge difference, 15 or 25 for us. 15 and it gives them a chance, 25 and it's relying on a collapse from Hearts. And I think the admin would push hard for 15, showing a total indifference to anyone's viewpoint about new/old club.

Edited by Riccarton3

Several pages back im sure the 25pt rule was put up and it was clear that this would be where Rangers would sit.

I know they will challenge but it was fairly clear to me they had little ground for argument.

Edited by Jamboelite

If they lose Tuesday's appeal, that "breaking point" as you call it, could potentially be as early as next week.

:blink:

The appeal hearing is not being heard on Tuesday, what has been sought is leave to appeal (to be heard by by the same judge who made the decision on Friday) which if granted will allow "The Rangers" to appeal to the inner house of the Court of Session. If leave is granted the appeal case would then be heard in front of three judges in the Court of Session which could take perhaps a further week before the actual appeal hearing can be heard.

Regardless of all this, the full case when the real question of whether Mr Imran Ahmed is entitled to his (currently ring fenced) money or not, will not be heard until later in the year, sometime in November I think.

Edited by Jambobiker

Gavsy Van Gaverson

It's a huge difference, 15 or 25 for us. 15 and it gives them a chance, 25 and it's relying on a collapse from Hearts. And I think the admin would push hard for 15, showing a total indifference to anyone's viewpoint about new/old club.

Even with a 15 point deduction they wouldn't catch us. They'd be 18 point behind us at present and would surely have to lose players too.

Several pages back im sure the 25pt rule was put up and it was clear that this would be where Rangers would sit.

I know they will challenge but it was fairly clear to me they had little ground for argument.

I appreciate that but previously we've had the old club given notice of a transfer embargo which had part of its reasoning in allowing rangers to get players in and increase the likelihood of increased gates and investor interest if it were needed. It was a nonsense. But it happened. I make no excuses for paranoia given what we've seen throughout this farce.

Edited by Riccarton3

Yip. Rangers wont be liquidated.

With the various legal arguments from the last Admin (before their liquidation) still not settled in court, it may be very difficult for them to get out of admin this time - without once again ending up in liquidation first.

Hagar the Horrible

According to their statement on share issue they had about ?4.258m but after retail arm has ?2.72m held they only has ?1.5M in the bank, but that was 30th June and Season ticket money was coming in and since then 3 home games. so Now they Have ?1.2m left (now ?600k) with no other income, it wont last a month. The 9th is their big judgement day as the appeal as well as they will know if the share issue has worked? and he is the reality of it? it might bring in ?3m but half of that is to repay a loan? so as it stands they are now in debt by ?900k. their figures say they bring in an average of ?1.2 per month but spend ?1.8m. then you don't need to be getting a headache to work out that they have either nothing left next week or at best ?2.1m which will last them only another 2 months. Question now is will they pay the non playing staff first or the players first?

With the various legal arguments from the last Admin (before their liquidation) still not settled in court, it may be very difficult for them to get out of admin this time - without once again ending up in liquidation first.

You tease.

Really..? :blink:

I found it mildly amusing that the third version of 3angers, may be playing at an ?1broke, they no longer own. :unsure:

Why don't sevco come to an agreement with the people who are trying to resurrect Third Lanark and call themselves Third Rangers.

This from the union of fans below ,taken from a BBC article;

"For the avoidance of doubt, there can be absolutely no threat of administration. A ?30m funding package has been available for at least the past seven months and remains available.

link; http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28992456

So they're not going into admin?

Third Govan would be my preferred name if there was another liquidation and newnewco scenario.

Why don't sevco come to an agreement with the people who are trying to resurrect Third Lanark and call themselves Third Rangers.

Third Nomark?

Diadora Van Basten

It is interesting to see how Green does business and clearly like to grease palms.

This got me thinking about how he got the assets for ?5.5 million. I can't remember anyone else getting the opportunity to buy them and I reckon there must have been a back hander to duff and phelps for an exclusive deal.

Even with a 15 point deduction they wouldn't catch us. They'd be 18 point behind us at present and would surely have to lose players too.

Yes but the referees will still be the same.

This from the union of fans below ,taken from a BBC article;

"For the avoidance of doubt, there can be absolutely no threat of administration. A ?30m funding package has been available for at least the past seven months and remains available.

link; http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28992456

This is amusing.... The fans are suggesting that King just wants to chip in his cash, as he like them, is a loyal supporter. But we see the key word is "package", he is not really interested in saving The Rangers, he us just another Spiv that wants control, so that he too can line his pockets.

If he really has a spare 30 Million, why does he not just donate a couple of Million to get them out of a short term cash flow and send them to the top flight and European riches....because all it would achieve is the gravy train for the current Spivs, how many other deals are there like the one that Ahmed has? Why would any of the present incumbents want to give up their meal ticket, to let King in? The tens of Millions already burnt through did not all go on players wages (although a ridiculous amount did). It's all about shares for 1p, bonuses and lucrative side deals. Even if King was a Fit and proper person, he will not spend a pound unless he gets a slice of the pie, funded of course by the loyal fans.

Phil D. Corners

This is amusing.... The fans are suggesting that King just wants to chip in his cash, as he like them, is a loyal supporter. But we see the key word is "package", he is not really interested in saving The Rangers, he us just another Spiv that wants control, so that he too can line his pockets.

If he really has a spare 30 Million, why does he not just donate a couple of Million to get them out of a short term cash flow and send them to the top flight and European riches....because all it would achieve is the gravy train for the current Spivs, how many other deals are there like the one that Ahmed has? Why would any of the present incumbents want to give up their meal ticket, to let King in? The tens of Millions already burnt through did not all go on players wages (although a ridiculous amount did). It's all about shares for 1p, bonuses and lucrative side deals. Even if King was a Fit and proper person, he will not spend a pound unless he gets a slice of the pie, funded of course by the loyal fans.

Did any hear Tom English (I think) telling King how he should spend his money on sportsound last night.

He pretty much demanded King to the buy club. "He has the funds, he must come in now!"

The 'PEEPUL' are ROYALLY 'Donald Ducked', maybe God or Lizzie could step in and save them as they are always chanting how much they want him to save her.

maroonlegions

He is also a convicted tax dodger and that makes this all the more tragic that this union of fans are prepared to trust him.

I generally hate these names, Hobos, Castle Greyskull etc and have said so before, but the fact you are using this particular one to refer to Rangers MKII makes this one even more annoying. At least save it til they are in their 3rd incarnation.

I'm with you on this. God awful "banter". Murderwell...lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

McCoist 8/1 for the next championship manager to leave.. Not checked the t&c's but being made redundant.. Wonder if that counts?

McCoist 8/1 for the next championship manager to leave.. Not checked the t&c's but being made redundant.. Wonder if that counts?

It should, yes.

How were they allowed to sign Zal, Boyd and Miller in the summer??

At the time perhaps there was less of a hint/suspicion that something was going wrong. There is now and maybe the SPFL will take proactive measures (SPFL Rule E30) to avoid/minimise future problems with indiscriminate spending.

E30

Every Club shall keep detailed financial records and the Company shall be entitled

to inspect such records and to require Clubs to provide copies of any financial or

other records which the Company may reasonably require in order to enable the

Company to investigate whether the Club has complied and is complying with these

Rules, the Articles, the Scottish FA Articles, the UEFA Statutes and the FIFA Statutes

and to ensure compliance by the Club with the same.

Edited by JamboAl

It is interesting to see how Green does business and clearly like to grease palms.

This got me thinking about how he got the assets for ?5.5 million. I can't remember anyone else getting the opportunity to buy them and I reckon there must have been a back hander to duff and phelps for an exclusive deal.

BDO is still in the process of liquidating Oldco. If they feel the assets were undersold they have the power to reverse the sale.

BDO is still in the process of liquidating Oldco. If they feel the assets were undersold they have the power to reverse the sale.

If that is true why would chuckles have spent circa 250k to try and reverse it?

jamboinglasgow

Did any hear Tom English (I think) telling King how he should spend his money on sportsound last night.

He pretty much demanded King to the buy club. "He has the funds, he must come in now!"

I would question whether Dave King wants to buy Rangers, or at least in their current state. Notice how quickly things went quiet with him when things were questioned by the board. To me he likes publicity so will always like to put out that he can save Rangers, so gets the media lapping him up, the fans seeing him as a messiah figure, but never commits (you could call him a **** tease.) I think he knows that at the moment trying to plug the sinking Rangers ship will be money wasted. He is better getting waiting till they are in admin and getting them at a knockdown price. But of course he wont say that in public.

Surely that would have been classed as an asset though?

You're getting the wrong end of the stick. I'm talking about the sale of the assets of Oldco to Green for ?5.5m. What happens thereafter is irrelevant.

The Mighty Thor

I would question whether Dave King wants to buy Rangers, or at least in their current state. Notice how quickly things went quiet with him when things were questioned by the board. To me he likes publicity so will always like to put out that he can save Rangers, so gets the media lapping him up, the fans seeing him as a messiah figure, but never commits (you could call him a **** tease.) I think he knows that at the moment trying to plug the sinking Rangers ship will be money wasted. He is better getting waiting till they are in admin and getting them at a knockdown price. But of course he wont say that in public.

Taking aside the fit and proper person stuff for a minute, I don't think Dave King has either the money or the inclination to step in to acquire the huns.

When push comes to shove he'll disappear behind a smokescreen of bullshit excuses.

Tom English waltzes into Scottish Football from a Rugby background and Ireland I think he should sometimes let his mouth take a back seat. Also- writes for The Scotsman - what a woosy thing to do.

Skivingatwork

I want them to get a 25 point deduction, lose all their 'top' players and fight for relegation while we waltz the league

Big Slim Stylee

He doesn't write for the Scotsman.

Alongside Ewan Murray, he's one of the very few I quite enjoy reading. He's not afraid to say what he thinks or ask questions instead of just vomiting the latest club press release and pretending that's news. Yes I know he wrote one article that was perhaps a bit tawdry about our support but think he's more than made up for that in some balanced articles he came out with during our admin period.

Edited by Big Slim Stylee

I don't want them to get a points deduction, we'll beat them to the title without it.

And if they win the league by a few points? Nice thought but anyone with any sense will want them to have points deducted to give us an advantage.

Kalamazoo Jambo

I'd quite like them to have a 25 points deduction and for us to be at least 26 points clear of them by season's end.

Alongside Ewan Murray, he's one of the very few I quite enjoy reading. He's not afraid to say what he thinks or ask questions instead of just vomiting the latest club press release and pretending that's news. Yes I know he wrote one article that was perhaps a bit tawdry about our support but think he's more than made up for that in some balanced articles he came out with during our admin period.

He used to then..

This is amusing.... The fans are suggesting that King just wants to chip in his cash, as he like them, is a loyal supporter

King has already gone on the record and said he would "prefer not to put his own money" into Sevco. And the same papers that quoted this still mislead the masses into thinking King is a potential saviour. They will print any garbage to sell a newspaper. So long as the current board are in control King will not go near the place and it's hard to imagine a scenario that would convince him to do so. Maybe post admin though - Ally gone, wage bill slashed etc. Which pleases me.

Sub4TiddlerMurray

This

This is amusing.... The fans are suggesting that King just wants to chip in his cash, as he like them, is a loyal supporter

King has already gone on the record and said he would "prefer not to put his own money" into Sevco. And the same papers that quoted this still mislead the masses into thinking King is a potential saviour. They will print any garbage to sell a newspaper. So long as the current board are in control King will not go near the place and it's hard to imagine a scenario that would convince him to do so. Maybe post admin though - Ally gone, wage bill slashed etc. Which pleases me.

Even then - fit and proper person?

• Maple Leaf locked this topic