The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Hagar the Horrible

So they are setting themselves up to crash and burn?

There are no coincidences in life the easedale has been too honest at the wrong time, both times when Ahmed goes to court? I think this spiv on spiv action will result in a Mutually Assured Destruction . It does look like a scorched earth policy

Someone with off the radar wealth whom is on interpols radar :rofl:

It just gets better with every passing day!

Maybe Interpol should be investigating Rangers!

Allowayjambo1874

And throughout this farce the governing body do Sweet FA.

I hate dungaster et al as much as anyone but what can they do? Until rangers default on payments to players or go into administration they haven't actually done anything wrong. They can't go steaming in at the request of the fans as that would open the floodgates for any fans that are pissed off with their board to make same complaints. If that were to happen you would possibly have hibs, kilmarnock and st mirren fans joining in the fun.

They could bring a charge of bringing game into disrepute but right now think that would do no one any favours.

Genuine question geoff, what do you think the authorities should do?

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I'm sure Interpol know of his whereabouts (not Jacksons ;) ) just can't do anything about it.

Big questions coming up for Rangers fans.

Does the insatiable appetite for success lead to accepting anyone who appears to have money irrespective of where it comes from?

Or say enough is enough. Starve everyone out and start again.

I believe there is a small number of fans now wishing against formally progressing starting a clean slate and new Rangers. Even if it means 2 clubs in tandem.

MK Dons - AFC Wimbledon

That is my greatest wish in all of this. Weaken them, split them, bring them in to the pack with the rest of us, and let this starve Celtic of cash.

I hate dungaster et al as much as anyone but what can they do? Until rangers default on payments to players or go into administration they haven't actually done anything wrong. They can't go steaming in at the request of the fans as that would open the floodgates for any fans that are pissed off with their board to make same complaints. If that were to happen you would possibly have hibs, kilmarnock and st mirren fans joining in the fun.

They could bring a charge of bringing game into disrepute but right now think that would do no one any favours.

Green had to put a business case together to get an SFA licence.

There is nothing going on at Ibrox just now that he didn't know about.

How close is the current business plan to the one presented?

Did it say emergency loan funding was need ?1.5m to see out a season? (Edit - with near full houses every week)

A further ?4m to get to a further 3 months to try and raise ?30m?

I'd question that the SFA allow any club a licence where the business model needed to raise stock market funds to get a tier 4 club through the leagues.

I'd have no qualms if Ann Budge had to go to the SFA every 3 months for the next 3 years to explain variances against her initial plan.

And the longer this farce goes on, maybe one day Rangers fans will feel the same way.

Last edit - The SFA and SPL wanted a successful Rangers in the top league as soon as possible. No matter how it got there. That is not their role. Well maybe SPL, but certainly not the SFA.

Edited by DETTY29

MK Dons - AFC Wimbledon

That is my greatest wish in all of this. Weaken them, split them, bring them in to the pack with the rest of us, and let this starve Celtic of cash.

I think it may have been the caller on SSB last night that alluded to it.

I didn't hear what he said and I don't have the stomach to listen to SSB replay for 90 minutes* but it is being noted on TSFM that he appeared to be in know with what was happening; how close they are to the brink; no way of getting rid of spivs / onerous contracts and even if clean ?30m to ?50m is required for them to compete for the title. His suggestion was that it was time for the Rangers fans to grab a club, start from scratch, squeeze out the spivs and when NewCo goes down the swanny andreclaim all the history.

* I put a post up last night where I said that on the same programme Mark Guidi said that when the Premier League was uncompetitve under the Murray regime, it was acceptable as Scottish football was sexy then. I forgot to add he also said it was great because it also led clubs to spending signidicant amounts of money.

Edited by DETTY29

MK Dons - AFC Wimbledon

Imagine Walter Smith was approached to be the face of a new Rangers?

Where would they play? (Queens Park encouraged to offer Hampden)

Which League would they be placed in?

What about 3 year accounts rules? (does it still exist?)

Who would become their manager?

What would his salary be?

3, 4 or 5 star hotels for overnight stays?

Geoff Kilpatrick

A Rangers director associating with a wanted man at Interpol. That needs to be asked about.

Imran Ahmed associating himself with Rivzi, another former director. That needs to be asked about.

There is no question that Chuck the bogit was a front man for all these spivs. Why were the shareholders of Blue Pitch and Margarita Holdings not identified? Were they shadow directors (remember how they changed the rules to target Vlad)?

The desperation to get a "Rangers" back into the league at as high a level as possible led to this mess.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I think it may have been the caller on SSB last night that alluded to it.

I didn't hear what he said and I don't have the stomach to listen to SSB replay for 90 minutes* but it is being noted on TSFM that he appeared to be in know with what was happening; how close they are to the brink; no way of getting rid of spivs / onerous contracts and even if clean ?30m to ?50m is required for them to compete for the title. His suggestion was that it was time for the Rangers fans to grab a club, start from scratch, squeeze out the spivs and when NewCo goes down the swanny andreclaim all the history.

* I put a post up last night where I said that on the same programme Mark Guidi said that when the Premier League was uncompetitve under the Murray regime, it was acceptable as Scottish football was sexy then. I forgot to add he also said it was great because it also led clubs to spending signidicant amounts of money.

I said the same thing a few pages back on this thread. Splitting Rangers in half would be nothing but beneficial to the game in this country. Anything that closes the gap between OF and the rest even by one fan or one pound is welcome.

the chairman of the so-called football board at Rangers,?

Great bit of writing; exposing a complete lack of maturity. "So-called" comes straight from a Monty Python script, doesn't it?

What a clueless bunch of f'wits.

MK Dons - AFC Wimbledon

It's nice thinking but the parallel isn't quite there.

I don't think that many former Wimbledon fans upped sticks to follow the newly formed MK Dons. There a big geographical separation and the ex-Dons were fairly unanimous in wanting to stay in Merton with a club.

If there were to be two factions of ex-rangers supporters following two clubs in the West Weegieland, you'd very probably have a division of support: those who want to follow the 'history' and the five stars split from those who seem prepared to start anew, distancing themselves from the spivs.

The chance of there being a strong Rangers playing out of Ibrox in 3-5 years time looks increasingly remote.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Great bit of writing; exposing a complete lack of maturity. "So-called" comes straight from a Monty Python script, doesn't it?

What a clueless bunch of f'wits.

It's nice thinking but the parallel isn't quite there.

I don't think that many former Wimbledon fans upped sticks to follow the newly formed MK Dons. There a big geographical separation and the ex-Dons were fairly unanimous in wanting to stay in Merton with a club.

If there were to be two factions of ex-rangers supporters following two clubs in the West Weegieland, you'd very probably have a division of support: those who want to follow the 'history' and the five stars split from those who seem prepared to start anew, distancing themselves from the spivs.

The chance of there being a strong Rangers playing out of Ibrox in 3-5 years time looks increasingly remote.

Perfectly happy with that alternative. Anything that weakens them is fine by me.

A Rangers director associating with a wanted man at Interpol. That needs to be asked about.

Imran Ahmed associating himself with Rivzi, another former director. That needs to be asked about.

There is no question that Chuck the bogit was a front man for all these spivs. Why were the shareholders of Blue Pitch and Margarita Holdings not identified? Were they shadow directors (remember how they changed the rules to target Vlad)?

The desperation to get a "Rangers" back into the league at as high a level as possible led to this mess.

A guy on TSFM has emailed the SFA.

Good morning Darryl,

Is the SFA in contact with the police to have these men detained and questioned as to their intentions?

http://www.interpol....nted/2009-17465

http://www.dailyreco...scusses-4192594

Regards

John

>

>

>

Hi John, I don?t know how many times I have to explain the jurisdiction of the football authorities in respect of listed companies.

Many thanks.

Darryl

Darryl Broadfoot

Head of Communications

Scottish FA

Now I think the guy has asked the wrong question and I don't know what the previous responses from the SFA were, but it is of no interest to the SFA as to who are behind companies supporting football clubs.

Edited by DETTY29

I never thought I'd say this but I'm actually beginning to feel sorry for Berz fans. Not a lot , though.

Club about to implode , SFA/SPL/SPFL/whatever they are called are sitting back wringing their hands (hopefully some key figures past & present are crapping themselves as the Berz fans will surely vent their anger in that direction) doing absolutely nothing. Newco and its owners can do whatever it wants , and a lot of this is down to the hostility caused by Berz fans - basically everyone in Scotland really is and has been terrified to face off their delusions of grandeur , especially since Newco joined the league. The circus carries on until the train crashes and "Brain fae Cumbernauld" said "when " admin happens. Berz fans don't do walking away but if they don't the club might die - and if they do , the club might die. Some dilemma. Anyway , must pop out for some more popcorn.

This is the link to last night's SSB.

http://podbay.fm/sho...800?autostart=1

The guy Brian is on at 13.30. Well worth a listen.

As is the next guy who has done a 'I want to talk about Cowdenbeath' number on the researcher and presenter.

That line is one for older ones who remember Jim Delahunt (or was it Paul Cooney) and Gerry McNee on Scotsport phone in years ago

Edited by DETTY29

Hagar the Horrible

Brian is clearly one of these annoying guys who keeps contacting clubs, and is pretty much told what he wants to hear and he goes away making the rest up himself

This is the link to last night's SSB.

http://podbay.fm/sho...800?autostart=1

The guy Brian is on at 13.30. Well worth a listen.

As is the next guy who has done a 'I want to talk about Cowdenbeath' number on the researcher and presenter.

That line is one for older ones who remember Jim Delahunt (or was it Paul Cooney) and Gerry McNee on Scotsport phone in years ago

I listen to SSB in the car sometimes and sometimes listen to the podcast. Sometimes it's great listening to the misery of the OF muppets. Listening to it just now and noted your post.

The section you refer to is quite interesting however the guy is a bit daft expecting an answer to his questions from Mike Ashley.

SSB though generally has been awful for the last couple of days - mostly a "Rangers must return to the top" theme.

Let them die.

Even if the share issue is a success then what? Rangers whole business model is based on champions league revenue which they are never going to get again. It's inevitable they will go tits up again.

Brian is clearly one of these annoying guys who keeps contacting clubs, and is pretty much told what he wants to hear and he goes away making the rest up himself

I listen to SSB in the car sometimes and sometimes listen to the podcast. Sometimes it's great listening to the misery of the OF muppets. Listening to it just now and noted your post.

The section you refer to is quite interesting however the guy is a bit daft expecting an answer to his questions from Mike Ashley.

SSB though generally has been awful for the last couple of days - mostly a "Rangers must return to the top" theme.

Let them die.

Not sure if you do HtH, but if you give credence to PMGB then they are pretty much in the same boat.

The boy may be an absolute fake, but he appears to be known to Gerry McCullouch (can I be prejudiced and say Brain sounded more Thellick that Rainegurz ;) )but he is willing to make himself known v. our hero Sergey and take that chance.

I think there is credence in what he is saying and / or trying to achieve.

His biggest problem is the wider fan base (and SMSM and worse our football authorities) that has a sense of entitlement towards instant success.

While they may have said 2 years ago that they were happy to go to tier 4, that was only because they believed in the revenge of 5 or 6 other clubs going out of business without them just about made it worthwhile.

Edited by DETTY29

Hagar the Horrible

Not sure if you do HtH, but if you give credence to PMGB then they are pretty much in the same boat.

The boy may be an absolute fake, but he appears to be known to Gerry McCullouch (can I be prejudiced and say Brain sounded more Thellick that Rainegurz ;) )but he is willing to make himself known v. our hero Sergey and take that chance.

I think there is credence in what he is saying and / or trying to achieve.

His biggest problem is the wider fan base (and SMSM and worse our football authorities) that has a sense of entitlement towards instant success.

While they may have said 2 years ago that they were happy to go to tier 4, that was only because they believed in the revenge of 5 or 6 other clubs going out of business without them just about made it worthwhile.

I like your last sentence, I think they though they would be fast tracked in this nuclear winter they created and that there would be casualties they would blame on everybody else for RELEGATING them!

I've always viewed Phil as the Sevco Sirgay, I really want to believe what he writes, however it's taken with a large pinch of sodium chloride. This will be a big test of his credibility as he has clearly stated that the share offer will fail, yet there have been no announcements either way.

If it does then I'll toast him with my celebratory shandy and read his next offering with glee, however, if it's horse manure then it's a goodbye from me to any future blogs.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

That is a great point.

Jambof3tornado

Cant believe people think the huns are bitter and twisted enough to want other clubs to go bust because of this nuclear winter.

Hagar the Horrible

I've always viewed Phil as the Sevco Sirgay, I really want to believe what he writes, however it's taken with a large pinch of sodium chloride. This will be a big test of his credibility as he has clearly stated that the share offer will fail, yet there have been no announcements either way.

If it does then I'll toast him with my celebratory shandy and read his next offering with glee, however, if it's horse manure then it's a goodbye from me to any future blogs.

for various reasons and without any real basis of being in the know and based on the information available I predict it will fail, even as I type this I could be wrong? I predict it will fail because Wallace has been rallying the institutional investors and so far he has been told to bolt, plus nobody underwrote it and secondly if it was a success they would have said so by now? based on all of that I predict that this is why it might fail? I could even go as far as say it will fail and it would be a good gamble if I wanted to pretend to be ITK? But I wont say I know it will fail because I have some sort of inside info which I don't? this is where Phil III comes into, he is making a statement based on a calculated risk of looking like a minor plumb if it fails and basks in the glory if it proves right? but when he is wrong he ignores the criticism and keeps going but he is right various times because for the most part it is stating the bleeding obvious!

Can someone give a wee summary of where things are just now. Court case, possibility of admin etc, please?. :smile:

Edited by Brandt

There seems to be an announting logic to this: The Club cannot pay its way in a lower league with only 21,000 or so seasons sold, even though another 10K fans pay at gate.

Why would large investors place good money after bad?

Not a lot of movement today on the shares front. http://www.hl.co.uk/shares/shares-search-results/r/rangers-international-football-club-ord-1p

Be interesting to see how many have actually been purchased through the issue so far. There have been no vastly significant amounts bought since it started, which does suggest it's not being bought into by current shareholders and is doomed to failure. So what next?

There's a real chance of payday being a very large turning point in all this.

Not a lot of movement today on the shares front. http://www.hl.co.uk/...all-club-ord-1p

Be interesting to see how many have actually been purchased through the issue so far. There have been no vastly significant amounts bought since it started, which does suggest it's not being bought into by current shareholders and is doomed to failure. So what next?

There's a real chance of payday being a very large turning point in all this.

Although the current shareholders may be spending their money on the rights and not buying the existing shares, which is what shows on these reports. So, there's a logical reason for both outcomes really...

Unless there's a 75% take up rate its admin. But far too many criminals have far too much cash invested in this for it to be a failure now imo.

That's why they are courting some very unsavoury characters in govan right now. Funds must be found, regardless of how honest they were come by..

In the grand scheme of things ?4 million is peanuts to these people, it's what the spivs promise them in return for it that should worry ra peepul ..

Is it possible to know how many has been taken up so far?

?Mr Rafat Rizvi arrived with the Malaysian delegation without our prior knowledge. He is an advisor to Mr Bin Ahmad.

Just what sort of advice would Mr Rizvi be offering, how to stay one step ahead of the "Old Bill". Easdale can also testify that despite being a convict you can still suck the mugs dry and they won't notice till it's to late.

You just couldn't make this up. First it was the Dallas Cowboys and now it's a youth development scheme - with a club in MALAYSIA ?

Mr Rizvi arrived in Glasgow this week with a delegation of Malaysian businessmen led by Datuk Faizoull Bin Ahmad, chairman of a Malaysian Super League football club.

In a statement released to STV, Rangers said they met with Mr Bin Ahmad to discuss a potential youth development partnership between the two teams

I think it was Richard Wilson on Sportsound tonight and his sounding from Ibrox is that they will raise the fiance just with this share issue to keep them going to the next one.

When it is hoped Ashley or King will come in to save them from administration by investing next time round.

Oh well this is certainly PMBG v. a soft pro Rangers journalist on whether their inside info from Ibrox is correct.

Toxteth O'Grady

You just couldn't make this up. First it was the Dallas Cowboys and now it's a youth development scheme - with a club in MALAYSIA ?

Mr Rizvi arrived in Glasgow this week with a delegation of Malaysian businessmen led by Datuk Faizoull Bin Ahmad, chairman of a Malaysian Super League football club.

In a statement released to STV, Rangers said they met with Mr Bin Ahmad to discuss a potential youth development partnership between the two teams

pants on fire

Any chance the Malaysian Mafia sorry Footballing Ambassadors are behind some of these hidden share holders or even worse for the supporters lending share holders money to buy up the offer in return for who knows what. Just a thought as it seems more than coincidence that they've appeared on the scene.

The gullible will swallow any old story.

I don't think they do anymore.

But they are so desperate for success at Ibrox, they will turn a blind eye to anything.

Who would be an SFA official?

Malinga the Swinga

Richard Wilson is so pro Rangers, I'm surprised he wasn't wearing a Rangers top. Much like Neil Patey, this type of journalist saw a CVA being agreed with HMRC the last time Rangers went into administration and nothing much has changed. If they do raise enough funds, it is purely because a Ashley has provided funds in return for who knows what and at what extra cost.

Is it wrong to want them just to die and fade away, cause that is how ai feel.

UoF with another statement..

The UoF have woken up to the scheme just as the knife is about to be plunged into their heart.

Unfortunately there's no time to dodge the killer blow.

Bye bye Ibrox. :lol::lol:

Interesting that the Telegraph are reporting Ashley will now sell Newcastle to increase his stake in Rangers. Not sure who their source is but it could mean that even if the issue fails, Ashley could strike a deal to get a much larger stake from one of the Spivs. Either that or he will wait for admin before picking up the scraps...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/newcastle-united/11088540/Newcastle-United-for-sale-as-Mike-Ashley-eyes-Rangers.html

• Maple Leaf locked this topic