The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Well Hugh Keevins has mentioned the Wallace rumour on the radio now, must have been reported somewhere.

Aye on here!!!

Well Hugh Keevins has mentioned the Wallace rumour on the radio now, must have been reported somewhere.

Denial coming up shortly.

Wallace rumoured to be about to walk away. Tonight's news might be interesting..

Written on an iPhone using tapatalk.

Phil Mcirishman posted this a few days ago on TSFM ? Apparently Wallace regrets ever taking the job and wants out.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Phil Five Names has put his baws on the line with this one. If he is right, fair play. If he's wrong, his credibility amongst the jungles will be gone.

Win win I say.

jamboinglasgow

Phil Five Names has put his baws on the line with this one. If he is right, fair play. If he's wrong, his credibility amongst the jungles will be gone.

Win win I say.

No it wont. Because he is anti-Rangers and has come out with some correct stories they will always hang on his every word.

Phil McMadeupirishname is one guy I can not take seriously, while he is a freelance journalist his agenda is too Rangers-centric that it feels like Sirgay as a journalist (though with a much better correct story percentage, i.e. at least one story correct.) So if he does have any stories then it will come with a dumper truck full of salt.

Edited by jamboinglasgow

kingantti1874

Just thought I'd have a wee scan on the bears den to see what they are making of this... Barely a mention I shit you not.. Head firmly in the sand.. There is a thread on fan ownership dismissing it as an option as they are bigger than hearts and dunfy the need "60m" per season per season to operate :rofl:

Even better was the thread dismissing hearts as a credible threat in the championship next season because we will be funded entirely by "direct debits and their away support" :cornette:

these roasters are thick and arrogant beyond belief, it seems the last couple of years has made no difference whatsoever to their view on where they stand

He posted this earlier today

Phil MacGiollaBhain ?@Pmacgiollabhain 1h

Graham Wallace has a statement prepared and is ready to walk. Crisis meetings all day at Stalag Sevco. #Breaking

Cheers - just been over to have a look. I'm taking it with a big pinch of salt after his last scaremonger campaign a couple of weeks back. He's not always on the money, far from it.

Just thought I'd have a wee scan on the bears den to see what they are making of this... Barely a mention I shit you not.. Head firmly in the sand.. There is a thread on fan ownership dismissing it as an option as they are bigger than hearts and dunfy the need "60m" per season per season to operate :rofl:

Even better was the thread dismissing hearts as a credible threat in the championship next season because we will be funded entirely by "direct debits and their away support" :cornette:

these roasters are thick and arrogant beyond belief, it seems the last couple of years has made no difference whatsoever to their view on where they stand

There is a thread saying that Jack Irvine is issuing a statement denying this story.

There is a thread saying that Jack Irvine is issuing a statement denying this story.

. Well he would say that, wouldn't he!

No it wont. Because he is anti-Rangers and has come out with some correct stories they will always hang on his every word.

Phil McMadeupirishname is one guy I can not take seriously, while he is a freelance journalist his agenda is too Rangers-centric that it feels like Sirgay as a journalist (though with a much better correct story percentage, i.e. at least one story correct.) So if he does have any stories then it will come with a dumper truck full of salt.

He's a complete fantasist. I doubt he ever posted any rumours about Rangers which weren't already doing the rounds, he just got it right a couple of times with his scattergun approach.

Footballfirst

Apparently there was a denial about there being any meetings at Ibrox today. (Somewhere else of by conference call perhaps?)

Nothing on the TRFC website yet. Bill McMurdo has apparently posted the denial or paraphrased it on his blog.

and another response by PMGB

Phil MacGiollaBhain ?@Pmacgiollabhain 17m

For the avoidance of doubt: There was meeting today in Glasgow; Graham Wallace,Nash,Somers and an Easdale brother. Another meeting tonight

Edited by Footballfirst

Point being, Wallace is the only exc director at Trifc. If he walks shares would be suspended. They would need to appoint a successor & announce it prob by Friday..

Hmfc the team for me ...

It's being discussed on the LSE website, consensus is that the shares would plummet if it's true.

Phil D. Corners

So I have been thinking for a while: 'What has Wallace done to turn around Rangers spending?'

The answer IMO is not a lot. While some 'behind the scenes' stuff may have been done there has not been much to report. There has been request for the players to take a 15% pay cut that never happened. Ally finally took his wage cut ,or has he, that he (Ally) offered himself back in September. (?400,000 is still too much IMO.) Also Stockdale left but was replaced by Wallace's friend Nash.

Other then that, no player sales, no redundancies, no reduction in pre match hotels, no fire sale, no nothing. (Well okay they never signed anyone in the last transfer window.)

Now Wallace does have a good track recorded which makes me think: 'What is Wallace allowed to do?'

Is Wallace in control or is someone else pulling the string?. (Insert your own Whyte rumor in here.)

So is Wallace walking because his hands are tied? Or maybe this was a threat to get things moving his way!

I feel he has an easy job. Cuts cost, impement a suitable wage structure across all levels, bring the club in to profit. This will mostly be done via redundencys and any short term cash that is needed can be gained by mortgaging the assets. They could do all this and still have second biggest budget in Scottish football. Make a plan, tell everyone what the plan is, implement the plan. Easy.

Time will tell.

So I have been thinking for a while: 'What has Wallace done to turn around Rangers spending?'

The answer IMO is not a lot. While some 'behind the scenes' stuff may have been done there has not been much to report. There has been request for the players to take a 15% pay cut that never happened. Ally finally took his wage cut ,or has he, that he (Ally) offered himself back in September. (?400,000 is still too much IMO.) Also Stockdale left but was replaced by Wallace's friend Nash.

Other then that, no player sales, no redundancies, no reduction in pre match hotels, no fire sale, no nothing. (Well okay they never signed anyone in the last transfer window.)

Now Wallace does have a good track recorded which makes me think: 'What is Wallace allowed to do?'

Is Wallace in control or is someone else pulling the string?. (Insert your own Whyte rumor in here.)

So is Wallace walking because his hands are tied? Or maybe this was a threat to get things moving his way!

I feel he has an easy job. Cuts cost, impement a suitable wage structure across all levels, bring the club in to profit. This will mostly be done via redundencys and any short term cash that is needed can be gained by mortgaging the assets. They could do all this and still have second biggest budget in Scottish football. Make a plan, tell everyone what the plan is, implement the plan. Easy.

Time will tell.

Any sensible plan, living within their means, will not allow ra peepul to compete with Celtic and will be seen as surrender. Once the triumphalist masses accept they are not as big as they think they are, they will be off faster than a fast thing. Also the a Spivs need opportunities to hive off their cut, and would not want to publish a cost effective plan.... The media need to keep peddling completion in Scottish football and of course that can only be the OF, lapped up by the weegies.

Fozzyonthefence

It should have been very easy for them to do a Gretna and go through the leagues on a shoestring budget and prepare for a cack at the SPL once they got there. But that wasn't good enough for the knuckledraggers, or so those in charge thought - they had to sign international players on thousands of pounds a week (after a transfer embargo being conveniently lifted - why didn't that happen for us I wonder?) to win one of the worst leagues in Europe against the amateurs of Queens Park and part time posties of East Stirling, etc on about ?20 a week. They totally fecked it up, or did they? The likes of Charles Green will certainly be laughing all the way to the bank which is all he'll care about. The knuckledraggers lapped up everything he fed them - what goes around comes around.

It should have been very easy for them to do a Gretna and go through the leagues on a shoestring budget and prepare for a cack at the SPL once they got there. But that wasn't good enough for the knuckledraggers, or so those in charge thought - they had to sign international players on thousands of pounds a week (after a transfer embargo being conveniently lifted - why didn't that happen for us I wonder?) to win one of the worst leagues in Europe against the amateurs of Queens Park and part time posties of East Stirling, etc on about ?20 a week. They totally fecked it up, or did they? The likes of Charles Green will certainly be laughing all the way to the bank which is all he'll care about. The knuckledraggers lapped up everything he fed them - what goes around comes around.

Get the jist of it, but Gretna not a good example. They were signing players from the SPL on wages the SPL teams weren't prepared to offer, similar to the Rangers

Apparently there was a denial about there being any meetings at Ibrox today. (Somewhere else of by conference call perhaps?)

Nothing on the TRFC website yet. Bill McMurdo has apparently posted the denial or paraphrased it on his blog.

and another response by PMGB

Phil MacGiollaBhain ?@Pmacgiollabhain 17m

For the avoidance of doubt: There was meeting today in Glasgow; Graham Wallace,Nash,Somers and an Easdale brother. Another meeting tonight

http://billmcmurdo.wordpress.com/2014/02/04/breaking-news/

Fozzyonthefence

But my point was that Gretna managed to get promoted to the SPL in 3 seasons spending only a fraction of the ?8m playing budget. When they were in SFL3 they had SFL2 and SFL1 players, then in SFL1 maybe had some ex SPL players but not on huge wages and certainly international players on around ?10k a week.

But my point was that Gretna managed to get promoted to the SPL in 3 seasons spending only a fraction of the ?8m playing budget. When they were in SFL3 they had SFL2 and SFL1 players, then in SFL1 maybe had some ex SPL players but not on huge wages and certainly international players on around ?10k a week.

Yes, they spent a fraction of what the Rangers are but they signed Steve Tosh from Aberdeen when Aberdeen were 4th in Spl and they were in Div 3!

Most of the other signings probably were from the league above though, but still completely unsustainable

Edited by Allez Rossoneri

didn't Alloa win their league by a canter and a cup with their entire squad and coaches on less than half fat sallys wage?

didn't Alloa win their league by a canter and a cup with their entire squad and coaches on less than half fat sallys wage?

Queen of The South

By the way, not trying to be antagonistic, completely in agreement that it can be done way cheaper than the Rangers are doing it

By the way, not trying to be antagonistic, completely in agreement that it can be done way cheaper than the Rangers are doing it

yes it can but fat sally says rangers will keep spending cause their a big club and they need to please their fans :toilet:

yes it can but fat sally says rangers will keep spending cause their a new club and they need to please their new fans :toilet:

Fixed that for you.

Mccoist has the easiest job in the world. You could pick any member on this forum and they would be able to guide rangers to the league1 title.

I really hope they go down the pan.

Saw this in today's Scotsman!

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl-lower-divisions/rangers-administration-25-point-penalty-threat-1-3281694?WT.mc_id=Outbrain_text&obref=obinsite

Why do Sevco always get the sympathy vote, how can they continue to compared to our situation? Complete joke!

They want to be the old "Ra Gers" when it suits them. But threaten them with a 25 point deduction and suddenly they are Sevco 2012.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I had a quick read this now and they see Supporters Direct Scotland as some sort of Celtic-backed conspiracy which only serves to undermine the club from within. These guys also don't think that fan ownership will work because, and I quote, "the biggest club in Scotland would cost about ?40m to ?50m to gain a controlling interest." Utter loonies. They haven't learnt from their fall. The hard reality is that there is no cash in Scotland to bank roll a club like Rangers to compete with Celtic.

See common sense and try to re-take control of your own club like we're doing. You may have to wait a few years/decades to compete with Celtic again but the club will be yours.

Without spelling it out, he thinks like I do - Craig Whyte is no idiot and probably still owns Ibrox. One day, one day ...

What happened to tightening belts and imminent player sales during the recent transfer window - err nothing by the looks of things.

I fear the Rangers will not make it till the end of this month without some serious financial injection.

All IMO of course.

:pleasing:

Allowayjambo1874

The whole thing is farcical. I work with loads of Rangers fans and fairly intelligent and likeable chaps. I talk about FOH in glowing terms and how we (the fans) will very soon own our club and be masters of our fate, good or bad. Although they all acknowledge their fans/club are being taking for a ride and everyone is screwing money out of them the only thing they talk about is David Kind 'waiting in the wings ready to take over'. They are in total denial and the splits in their support on a way to take action or change things are ridiculous. Their are no lessons learnt from the past and no cohesive movement from the fans.

Considering we got about 75% uptake on season ticket holders joining FOH with direct debits (numbers wise) then they could surely expect the same meaning about 33-35000 joining a similar scheme which would equate to something in the region of ?600,000 pcm which is over ?7m per year! Properly structured deals could surely mean they could get out of this and get their hands on the club. I know it's very complicated but they don't seem to be interested in even looking at this. It's bizarre.

The whole thing is farcical. I work with loads of Rangers fans and fairly intelligent and likeable chaps. I talk about FOH in glowing terms and how we (the fans) will very soon own our club and be masters of our fate, good or bad. Although they all acknowledge their fans/club are being taking for a ride and everyone is screwing money out of them the only thing they talk about is David Kind 'waiting in the wings ready to take over'. They are in total denial and the splits in their support on a way to take action or change things are ridiculous. Their are no lessons learnt from the past and no cohesive movement from the fans.

Considering we got about 75% uptake on season ticket holders joining FOH with direct debits (numbers wise) then they could surely expect the same meaning about 33-35000 joining a similar scheme which would equate to something in the region of ?600,000 pcm which is over ?7m per year! Properly structured deals could surely mean they could get out of this and get their hands on the club. I know it's very complicated but they don't seem to be interested in even looking at this. It's bizarre.

The Rangers model relies on CL group stages football stages every 3 to 4 years; with significant capital injections required every other 3 - 5 years.

And Dave King has a lot of negotiating to do with SARS, FCA and even the SFA before he can take any control over RIFC or TRFC.

Time Rangers probably don't have.

And considering along with their southern irish cousins, they have zero respect for the Scottish game then sponsorship and tv money will always be pitiful to have a sustainable break even model required v. the aspirations they have.

Carl Fredrickson

I do not understand why the rangers fans didnt do this the last time (or the first time or whatever it was 2 years ago...) They have so many supporters who run successful businesses that surely they could have got together and did something similar to FoH?

If they had done that then things would be looking totally different for them financially as long as they realise that budgets need to be altered to continue to trade.

I find it hard to believe that a fanbase can be so deluded as to always rely on the "whyte knight" approach. Surely for most Scottish clubs fans/community ownership is the way forward?

I thin the FoH take up is broadly reflective of our core support for as long as I can remember.

I also remember the size of TTFKAR's core support pre David Murray success, and it wasn't that much bigger than ours. Even if 33,000 Newco fans signed up to a similar fan ownership scheme now, how many would stick with it if the team didn't quickly achieve the 1990s/early 2000s success that attracted them to the club in the first place? With the best will in the world, there is a core football support and those that go along to watch guaranteed victories and cups being paraded.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic