The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

I have just been reading through the latest Annual Return including accounts up to June 2013.

Its comedy gold, 12 pages of 'we have never been this well off' bla bla bla

Page 13.... Total Revenue ?19.107.000

Total operating expenses ?33.668.000

:2thumbsup:

In the main Rangers fans are deluded. There will have to be huge cutbacks in expenditure for next season just for them to survive. That's if they make it to the end of this season. I could see a realistic scenario where Rangers go back into admin and still win the league with a 25 point deduction. I can't see them then coming out of admin before the start of next season. That would mean a potential 25 point start on them for next year. They could really struggle.

Barney Rubble

In the main Rangers fans are deluded. There will have to be huge cutbacks in expenditure for next season just for them to survive. That's if they make it to the end of this season. I could see a realistic scenario where Rangers go back into admin and still win the league with a 25 point deduction. I can't see them then coming out of admin before the start of next season. That would mean a potential 25 point start on them for next year. They could really struggle.

They would struggle to win it with a 25 point deduction and a real administration event with the team cut to the bone ,and a shit manager , fingers crossed it happens for them !

I'm convinced things maybe aren't as bad as they're being made out, remember the days when all those ITK on other fan sites heard the bulldozers were en route to Tynie, it'll be the same with this mob.

Who ever owns the assets will be the one making the money ... that'll be Sir Craig Whyte.

Edited by T o p S e c r e t

I'm convinced things maybe aren't as bad as they're being made out, remember the days when all those ITK on other fan sites heard the bulldozers were en route to Tynie, it'll be the same with this mob.

Quite possible, but remember that regardless of internet gossip our situation was and is truly dire we only look likely to get out of that situation by the skin of our teeth and that is largely due to the fact that we have taken responsibility for our situation, blamed nobody else but ourselves and got on with it and will now do all it takes to live within our means in the future however sobering that reality becomes.

Have Rangers done the same? Will they do the same(accept austerity as an essential component of survival)?

I think that so far, the answer has to be no.

Footballfirst

I have just been reading through the latest Annual Return including accounts up to June 2013.

Its comedy gold, 12 pages of 'we have never been this well off' bla bla bla

Page 13.... Total Revenue ?19.107.000

Total operating expenses ?33.668.000

:2thumbsup:

It was worse than that. The operating expenses did not include the one off items of ?4.26M (this included the repayment of football creditors, legal fees and some acquisition and IPO expenses) So the headline ?14M trading loss, was actually more than ?18M for their first year.

They will have cut down their outgoings somewhat, but the ongoing cash burn (losses) has been reported as anything between ?400K and ?800K a month (?5M to ?10M per annum).

Who ever owns the assets will be the one making the money ... that'll be Sir Craig Whyte.

"A rumor gets half way around the world before the truth can lace it's trainers!" think it's one of Churchill's!

Edited by I.T.K

If Whyte does own the assets, doesn't that mean they lied about ownership to get back into the league? Could that expell them from the league or,like snakes and ladders, demote them to the bottom again?

If Whyte does own the assets, doesn't that mean they lied about ownership to get back into the league? Could that expell them from the league or,like snakes and ladders, demote them to the bottom again?

By rights they should be expelled. But history shows the powers that be are weak.

The Rangers will continue to exist in some form, at their current location and there will be no further punishment , muchas we would wish it. OUr consolation is that they will take decades to build back up and their path back to the top has proven more dificult and messed than any of us could have hoped for.

It has been utterly humiliating for them.

Constant sniping, meltdown and bad press.

They are totally humbled and brought low.

They were never going to disappear, but this is the next best thing

What they were is gone, what they are now is but a pale shadow, an imploding omnishambles of their own making, and the SFA/SPL by their comlicity have actually worsened their recovery

The whole thing is farcical. I work with loads of Rangers fans and fairly intelligent and likeable chaps

Taking that too far there AJ ;-)

A number of Rangers fans have taken the first steps towards launching a bid to buy the club on behalf of the Ibrox support.

It is understood Supporters Direct Scotland (SDS) has been called in to offer advice on setting up a scheme similar to the one being used by Hearts fans to rescue the stricken Tynecastle club from administration.

The Hearts scheme collects monthly contributions from supporters and it is thought a similar scheme could be used by the Light Blues faithful to buy shares in the club on the stock market.

SDS has offered its help to get the bid off the ground and plan to discuss the plans with influential supporters at a behind-closed-doors meeting in the coming weeks.

A SDS spokesman said: "Following approaches and discussions with a variety of Rangers supporters, Supporters Direct Scotland has agreed to host an information meeting later this month to discuss different models of supporter and community ownership and to help explore how the fan ownership model could work for their club.

"We have invited representatives of supporters groups we have contact with, and others we are aware may be interested in hearing about fan ownership, to attend."

The current Ibrox share-price has fallen to 25.5p - a huge drop on the 70p launch price.

Head of SDS Paul Goodwin claimed last week that a scheme involving around 25,000 supporters handing over around ?20 a month could eventually hand the Rangers support control.

If the fan bid was successful in gaining that level of support, it would build up a sum of around ?4.8million within 12 months, allowing them to potentially buy a 25 per cent stake in the League One leaders.

The Foundation of Hearts announced on Monday that it had struck a deal with majority shareholder UBIG to take control of their 78.97 per cent stake in the Jambos. The Gorgie bid is backed by more than 7,500 fans each making a monthly donation.

The Rangers move has been prompted by the deep unhappiness amongst the Ibrox support about the way the club has been run since Charles Green took control 18 months ago.

The club announced a ?14.4million loss for the 13-month period up to June with reports suggesting the club is still losing ?1million a month.

Last month, the first-team players rejected a proposed 15 per cent pay cut while chief executive Graham Wallace has started a 120-day review of the League One leaders' operations after admitting spending is out of control.

Herald has reported planned meeting of Sevco fans who want to copy our model ...

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/home-news/rangers-fans-take-first-steps-towards-launching-bid-to-buy-club.1391615903

Thought this might be of interest to people who're fed up with the Sevco thread, apologies to mods if I'm wrong ...

Might be worth having a look in the Sevco thread rather than dissing it, this story is well covered in there.

Footballfirst

Charlotte back online (?), highlighting Ticketus deals prior to the Green and Whyte shows

TM2gmC4.jpg

Edited by Footballfirst

Expel them? HAH, our "authorities" are currently lubing up, JUST in case these horrible rumours and lies (that the weegia are conveniently ignoring) have a grain of truth!

A number of Rangers fans have taken the first steps towards launching a bid to buy the club on behalf of the Ibrox support.

It is understood Supporters Direct Scotland (SDS) has been called in to offer advice on setting up a scheme similar to the one being used by Hearts fans to rescue the stricken Tynecastle club from administration.

The Hearts scheme collects monthly contributions from supporters and it is thought a similar scheme could be used by the Light Blues faithful to buy shares in the club on the stock market.

SDS has offered its help to get the bid off the ground and plan to discuss the plans with influential supporters at a behind-closed-doors meeting in the coming weeks.

A SDS spokesman said: "Following approaches and discussions with a variety of Rangers supporters, Supporters Direct Scotland has agreed to host an information meeting later this month to discuss different models of supporter and community ownership and to help explore how the fan ownership model could work for their club.

"We have invited representatives of supporters groups we have contact with, and others we are aware may be interested in hearing about fan ownership, to attend."

The current Ibrox share-price has fallen to 25.5p - a huge drop on the 70p launch price.

Head of SDS Paul Goodwin claimed last week that a scheme involving around 25,000 supporters handing over around ?20 a month could eventually hand the Rangers support control.

If the fan bid was successful in gaining that level of support, it would build up a sum of around ?4.8million within 12 months, allowing them to potentially buy a 25 per cent stake in the League One leaders.

The Foundation of Hearts announced on Monday that it had struck a deal with majority shareholder UBIG to take control of their 78.97 per cent stake in the Jambos. The Gorgie bid is backed by more than 7,500 fans each making a monthly donation.

The Rangers move has been prompted by the deep unhappiness amongst the Ibrox support about the way the club has been run since Charles Green took control 18 months ago.

The club announced a ?14.4million loss for the 13-month period up to June with reports suggesting the club is still losing ?1million a month.

Last month, the first-team players rejected a proposed 15 per cent pay cut while chief executive Graham Wallace has started a 120-day review of the League One leaders' operations after admitting spending is out of control.

The Rangers fans will be frantically saving up their Irn Bru bottles to donate the 20p deposits.

The Rangers fans will be frantically saving up their Irn Bru bottles to donate the 20p deposits.

30p I believe these days.

you mean "Ginger boatels" surely

Christ. They will be winning the SPFL in no time then.

1 bottle = 1 share

Barrs heid-honchos will be getting the new Ferrari's and helicopters on order as I type.

"A rumor gets half way around the world before the truth can lace it's trainers!" think it's one of Churchill's!

Churchill ? Trainers ?

Mark Twain, boy ... http://thinkexist.com/quotation/a_lie_can_travel_halfway_around_the_world_while/189781.html

?A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is still putting on its shoes?

Churchill ? Trainers ?

Mark Twain, boy ... http://thinkexist.co...ile/189781.html

?A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is still putting on its shoes?

Yeah but Churchhill, paraphrased it though.

I think the actual quote was "A load aw pish can travel for yonkies before ah've even got a speck aw dirt on ma brand new kappa's"

The thing a lot of newco fans and press dont seem to realise is Dave king etc cant just invest money into club without present board agreeing to either dilute shares or sell some to him. Major shareholders are hedge funds and city institutions. Neither will do that.

tartofmidlothian

I'm no apologist for them, but fair play if they actually manage it. The figures below look achievable, although surely if they'd started a year ago they'd be in a much stronger position?

"Head of SDS Paul Goodwin claimed last week that a scheme involving around 25,000 supporters handing over around ?20 a month could eventually hand the Rangers support control."

Although I'd be ******* livid when the inevitable lie about them being the first fans to think of this gets spread about the media like horse shite on a farmer's driveway.

Could Rangers really get 25k at ?20 a month?

If we can get 8k at an average of ?17, iirc, then it's not outwith the realms of possibility. How'd they'd go about wrestling control of the shell that is rangers from whoever owns what is beyond me.

jamboinglasgow

I'm no apologist for them, but fair play if they actually manage it. The figures below look achievable, although surely if they'd started a year ago they'd be in a much stronger position?

"Head of SDS Paul Goodwin claimed last week that a scheme involving around 25,000 supporters handing over around ?20 a month could eventually hand the Rangers support control."

Although I'd be ******* livid when the inevitable lie about them being the first fans to think of this gets spread about the media like horse shite on a farmer's driveway.

And nor would we be the first, Stirling Albion were the first (at least in recent years) in 2009.

I think it is the solution for them and if being neutral I would want them to achieve that. Rangers has a strong base of support and they can be strong being fan owned with a sensible management of the club, it takes time and patience but it can pay big dividends. But thats why it wont happen.

It requires Rangers fans to give up the dream of returning to the time under Murray, big name signings, big money splashed, endless success. Thats why they cling to the hope someone with deep pockets will "save" them and spend big again. In Rangers fans eyes that is Dave King. Even if King does put money in, it will take a large outlay just to make Rangers stable, he is not going to throw serious money into budgets. If you look at owners around football, very few actually "gift" the money to the club, the vast majority put money in to the club in the shape of loans, expecting the money back with interest.

As long as their is a "white knight" in the background, Rangers fans will never go for fan ownership, as it requires a shift in attitude of their club.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

To be fair to the Huns, Dave King probably is "waiting in the wings" and would throw tons of cash at them. Here's hoping someone else puts a spanner in the works.

If we can get 8k at an average of ?17, iirc, then it's not outwith the realms of possibility. How'd they'd go about wrestling control of the shell that is rangers from whoever owns what is beyond me.

Even if they did it's not the sugar daddy dosh they were used to. Many are clinging desperately to some loaded imbecile spunking his fortune on keeping the Tims in their place.

The only definate here is Sevco are going to be a shambles for a long time yet and be nowhere near the force they once were.

Gutted for them.

Even if they did it's not the sugar daddy dosh they were used to. Many are clinging desperately to some loaded imbecile spunking his fortune on keeping the Tims in their place.

The only definate here is Sevco are going to be a shambles for a long time yet and be nowhere near the force they once were.

Gutted for them.

As you, and JIG, say this is another reason why it won't come to fruition.

Phil D. Corners

To be fair to the Huns, Dave King probably is "waiting in the wings" and would throw tons of cash at them. Here's hoping someone else puts a spanner in the works.

I just think if a 'real rangers' white knight did not come out 2 years ago what makes them think one will come now?

jamboinglasgow

Could be, but how much of his money is willing to throw at it. Estimates have been of another ?20m just to keep them going for another season with current squad and into the premiership. Then to compete with Celtic you need another ?15m really to build up a squad. Then to compete in Europe you need another ?10m - ?15m. So you could argue to get Rangers at the level fans want, King could have to fork out ?60m - ?70m. Is King really prepared to throw that money down the plug hole, especially if he is not allowed to be on the board. Might he loan that to Rangers which helps short term but means they are having to pay back a few million every year so leaving them not able to use all income thus restricting them.

And prehaps King is happy to keep his stock high with Rangers fans by sitting just out of the club, always viewed favourably but never really criticised, prehaps putting a couple of million every so often.

Rangers fans need to learn their is no easy way out of this.

Edited by jamboinglasgow

Possibly old news but Whyte back at Sevco 5088.

Mean anything?

Edited by The Comedian

Could be, but how much of his money is willing to throw at it. Estimates have been of another ?20m just to keep them going for another season with current squad and into the premiership. Then to compete with Celtic you need another ?15m really to build up a squad. Then to compete in Europe you need another ?10m - ?15m. So you could argue to get Rangers at the level fans want, King could have to fork out ?60m - ?70m. Is King really prepared to throw that money down the plug hole, especially if he is not allowed to be on the board. Might he loan that to Rangers which helps short term but means they are having to pay back a few million every year so leaving them not able to use all income thus restricting them.

And prehaps King is happy to keep his stock high with Rangers fans by sitting just out of the club, always viewed favourably but never really criticised, prehaps putting a couple of million every so often.

He could loan the money but surely he would want tangible security for that loan. If someone other than The Rangers owns Ibrox and Murray Park there's not much left.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Yeah, good post. I would be delighted with a Scottish game where the OF were still the teams to beat but they were at least beatable over a season every few years. In an ideal world they shouldn't be any bigger than their relative attendances over everyone else.

jamboinglasgow

Yeah, good post. I would be delighted with a Scottish game where the OF were still the teams to beat but they were at least beatable over a season every few years. In an ideal world they shouldn't be any bigger than their relative attendances over everyone else.

As much I hate to say it, Celtic have shown a more sensible way to be a old firm team of late (at least in how the club is run financially.) Its nothing to radical, just buying low and sell high (if possible,) and keep a firm hold of wages.

Dont know how a fan buyout would work at Rangers because theirs so much mystery about who owns this and that. For that reason i couldn't see it working in the short term as i don't think they've hit rock bottom yet. If and when Rangers fans went ahead and were prepared to forget about the we are the people attitude (spending big) they would be back up there challenging Celtic if the Right Manager was in place, much like Celtic did when the roles were reversed (wee Fergus years).

As much I hate to say it, Celtic have shown a more sensible way to be a old firm team of late (at least in how the club is run financially.) Its nothing to radical, just buying low and sell high (if possible,) and keep a firm hold of wages.

If Celtic fans had any sense of perspective, they should be putting up a statue to Fergus McCann, even though he wasn't Celtic-minded enough for them at the time.

marshallschunkychicken

So the Rangers fans could raise ?4.8m in 12 months to buy shares? Good move to publicise it then.

As RIFC is a listed company, I'm sure the spivs would be delighted to watch the share price rise as a result of this reported interest, so they could offload a lot less than 25% for that hard earned ?4.8m.

King would have to be off his trolley to hand over millions without being the owner of the club. No sane person, and certainly no ruthless businessman, as he must be, would even contemplate such a thing. The Easdales would have to give him the club for sweeties and I don't see that happening. Could be fun watching what happens over the next few months.

King would have to be off his trolley to hand over millions without being the owner of the club. No sane person, and certainly no ruthless businessman, as he must be, would even contemplate such a thing. The Easdales would have to give him the club for sweeties and I don't see that happening. Could be fun watching what happens over the next few months.

surely king wouldn't be allowed to own the club with his track record?

Makes it all the more likely then that he's not the white knight they're looking for. You'd have to be certifiably mad to hand over millions and not get control.

Makes it all the more likely then that he's not the white knight they're looking for. You'd have to be certifiably mad to hand over millions and not get control.

The good thing is, that this fiasco is chipping away at parkhead also. Their attendances are plummeting, sponsorships will be dropping.

Rangers demise has a much bigger impact on them, than any other club in Scotland.

What we need is a succession of Champions League failures and they will really struggle financially.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic