Formula 1 2012 Superthread

:shitwine:

How do you pick the pole, fastest lap and most positions gained?

It doesn't seem to let me pick these.

Click on the arrow underneath and it scrolls through the drivers.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Click on the arrow underneath and it scrolls through the drivers.

Cheers. :thumbsup:

I had been drinking last night. :lol:

2 DRS zones at Albert Park.

The pit straight and after the 1st corner.

Probably see somebody being passed over the line and then getting repassed right away.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

2 DRS zones at Albert Park.

The pit straight and after the 1st corner.

Probably see somebody being passed over the line and then getting repassed right away.

Can't remember which track it was but one did have two DRS zones last year and that exact thing did happen.

I think they'll use it tactically this time- first zone to get in to position and second to pass.

scottishguy

Getting excited now

Anyone else setting the alarm early for Sunday?

I'll be up early up the next 3 mornings. Watch all sessions live if possible.

Prince Buaben

Can't remember which track it was but one did have two DRS zones last year and that exact thing did happen.

I think they'll use it tactically this time- first zone to get in to position and second to pass.

I was like that in montreal. !st DRS was along the back straight and the 2nd was on the pit straight.

rossthejambo

Getting excited now

Anyone else setting the alarm early for Sunday?

Definitely. Nothing quite like it. Just hope it's not another Red Bull procession.

Sheiky Baby

Not surprisingly, it was Abu Dhabi. Horrible track...

kingantti1874

I'm in ... Ps practice has been very interesting, how the rbr's are not sandbagging as I'm bored of fingerboard vettel.. Hopefully the macs and the mercs hammer the fizzy drinks company... I done think Ferrari look that competitive

kingantti1874

I'm in ..Mcmoose f1. Practice has been very interesting, hope the rbr's are not sandbagging - I'm bored of fingerboy.. Hopefully the macs and the mercs hammer the fizzy drinks company... I dont think Ferrari look that competitive unfortunately

rossthejambo

Prediction made. Gone with Hamilton on pole.

Also a 1,2,3 of Button Hamilton Vettel

Does anyone know if streampro are showing the practises, qualy and the races?

My subscription lapsed so cant see if they are. Would re-subscribe if they were showing.

I'm nursing a semi with excitement. :lol:

Btw I'm Slugs in the predictor league. :thumbsup:

McHamBut here. Guess which team I like?

McHamBut here. Guess which team I like?

There really is know way of knowing. :whistling::lol:

Does anyone know if streampro are showing the practises, qualy and the races?

My subscription lapsed so cant see if they are. Would re-subscribe if they were showing.

Yeah they have the sky sports f1 channel.

Go Faster Snails are a last minute entry! Made a few left field predictions, shall see how they go! Getting pretty excited for quali in the morning. :woot:

Jam Tarts 1874

Mercedes going well in practice, seems like they have had an huge leap forward in the close season. What are the odds on Schumacher winning a race this year?

I think second practice was a pretty damp session and Schumi is still the master in the wet so that probably gave them a false position. I can see them being there or there abouts for podiums in quite a few races though, just can't see them picking up a win unless they have a huge amount of luck.

Jam Tarts 1874

I think second practice was a pretty damp session and Schumi is still the master in the wet so that probably gave them a false position. I can see them being there or there abouts for podiums in quite a few races though, just can't see them picking up a win unless they have a huge amount of luck.

Indeed, first session was mainly dry after a wet start and Schumi was 3rd. I think the guy has got a chance as, maybe not this week but at some point there will be a wet race and if Schumi is near the front of the grid, I think he will get another win which I believe would make him even more of a legend.

scottishguy

Well done McLaren, front row shut out. :thumbsup:

Hamilton on pole with Button in Second.

Lotus Renault in 3rd with Grosjean.

Looks Like Red Bull have lost their wings ;)

Ferrari :D:D:D

Well done McLaren, front row shut out. :thumbsup:

Hamilton on pole with Button in Second.

Lotus Renault in 3rd with Grosjean.

Looks Like Red Bull have lost their wings ;)

Ferrari :D:D:D

McLarens looking good eh?

Red Bulls have lost something and as for Ferrari..... :lol:

Long race tomorrow though. :thumbsup:

rossthejambo

Prediction made. Gone with Hamilton on pole.

Called it :smuggy:

Delighted Red Bull are struggling and good to see Schumacher back challenging at the top. Should be a good race tomorrow.

Prince Buaben

Good first qualifying session. Conclusions to be made so far:

Mclaren look quick without that platypus nose thing.

Red Bull don't look like the same team as last year.

Lotus and Mercedes have potential.

HRT again are mobile chicanes

And Ferrari have built a milk float

So far my predictions aren't that great. Podium might work out OK but the rest of the top ten is pretty shoddy looking.

kingantti1874

So far my predictions aren't that great. Podium might work out OK but the rest of the top ten is pretty shoddy looking.

I think mclaren, lotus and Mercedes have looked the quickest all winter TBH.. Too many in the press get moist at everything newey does... He's been beaten plenty of times before.. They will be back in the fight sooner or later tho .. Vettel also doesn't look the same having to drive a car without lightcycle levels of grip...

i saw some of one of skys f1 show the other day and christain horner hinted that the downfall of their car so far is that compared to others the engine lacks power

Gavsy Van Gaverson

i saw some of one of skys f1 show the other day and christain horner hinted that the downfall of their car so far is that compared to others the engine lacks power

They had a lack of power last year too but got away with it had plenty downforce because of the double diffuser. Now that has gone the lack of power is much more obvious.

They had a lack of power last year too but got away with it had plenty downforce because of the double diffuser. Now that has gone the lack of power is much more obvious.

So can we presume the customer Renault engine they use is down on power compared to the one in the Lotus Renault?

So can we presume the customer Renault engine they use is down on power compared to the one in the Lotus Renault?

itb should be the same engine

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Good question.

I'd imagine that they would be identical but I am not sure.

kingantti1874

He's not started whining about that again has he? I actually hate Horner - he's a gobshite - the Kenny shiels of F1, he never mentions the fact that it's more fuel efficient by about 10kg-20kg of fuel at the start of a race, the fact that it has better torque lower down and is henve more driveable or more importantly that the engine was the biggest influence in their cold blown diffusor for the last 2 years hence their massive downforce advantage... They were hammered by 7/10ths today - it would take a lot lot more than 10bhp to close that gap... Also see RBR want to protest the merc f- duct, because they never thought of it..Not looking so good without the modern day fan car!!

kingantti1874

Good question.

I'd imagine that they would be identical but I am not sure.

They are or are very clos - some engines may have a tiny advantage on the dyno, however - RBR are the renault Works team these days so get the pick of the engines before lotus.

scottishguy

He's not started whining about that again has he? I actually hate Horner - he's a gobshite - the Kenny shiels of F1, he never mentions the fact that it's more fuel efficient by about 10kg-20kg of fuel at the start of a race, the fact that it has better torque lower down and is henve more driveable or more importantly that the engine was the biggest influence in their cold blown diffusor for the last 2 years hence their massive downforce advantage... They were hammered by 7/10ths today - it would take a lot lot more than 10bhp to close that gap... Also see RBR want to protest the merc f- duct, because they never thought of it..Not looking so good without the modern day fan car!!

And who is in charge of team with the dodgy F-duct?

That would be a certain Mr Braun who was with Ferrari so many years, who got away with cheating in F1 for years!

The F1 equivalent of the Old Firm in my eyes.

Fantastic to see the Mclaren Bacl leading the pack, by a huge margin from Red Bull and great to see Lotus back up ther.

Only the start of the season, but I so enjoyed this morning.

Archived