Top Posters In This Topic

• hmfc_liam06

• Samuel Camazzola

• Irufushi

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

John mcCartney

heading to st andrews academy,saturday, for a putting masterclass !!!!! gift voucher job,should be great although its 90 mins in duration,me back is gonna get sore
with that one....il get a round on the jubilee course after that tho..........:compute:

Disser Pointon

Really looking forward to a hit tomorrow not swung a club for weeks and got a new driver in the bag as well. Looking forward to it usually translates to playing like a donkey!!!

hmfc_liam06
13 hours ago, John mcCartney said:

heading to st andrews academy,saturday, for a putting masterclass !!!!! gift voucher job,should be great although its 90 mins in duration,me back is gonna get sore
with that one....il get a round on the jubilee course after that tho..........:compute:

You still playing at Leven mate? I'll be at Lochgelly for this year as it's the 2nd year of their sign up deal but contemplating Leven for 2019.

Samuel Camazzola

Season opener, Captain v Vice Captain match tomorrow. Hopefully, the rain eases off and the course isn't boggy. Mud balls are inevitable but preferred lies will be in operation. 

hmfc_liam06
1 hour ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Season opener, Captain v Vice Captain match tomorrow. Hopefully, the rain eases off and the course isn't boggy. Mud balls are inevitable but preferred lies will be in operation. 

Balbirnie? I'm playing there on Sunday morning.

On 18/03/2018 at 19:49, Ray Gin said:

Old badge :(

On 18/03/2018 at 19:44, StSow said:

Where do I get myself one of these???

Disser Pointon
4 hours ago, dunc said:

Any info on where you got this headcover?!

It's a guy on Facebook does them search glam-golf any design you want and very good quality. 

Hope this is allowed!

In desperate need of golfers to fill out a survey for my final year dissertation!

Link is below, it only takes 4-5 minutes and I would really appreciate anyone who could take the time to fill it out or send it on to any fellow golfers. 

Cheers!

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/CR62LHJ

8 minutes ago, GJamboR7 said:

Hope this is allowed!

In desperate need of golfers to fill out a survey for my final year dissertation!

Link is below, it only takes 4-5 minutes and I would really appreciate anyone who could take the time to fill it out or send it on to any fellow golfers. 

Cheers!

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/CR62LHJ

Done! Hope it helps :thumb:

John mcCartney
9 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

You still playing at Leven mate? I'll be at Lochgelly for this year as it's the 2nd year of their sign up deal but contemplating Leven for 2019.

yes chief,fancied a change this year altho changed clubs as their rate was a bit less.....two clubs on the links,thistle and the golfing society
which has helped me in getting a flexi m/ship with haddington n all,with the wong situation
its good to have a look round a few clubs that you like for deals etc.....
thatl be me for old course musselburgh,leven n haddington for 775.00 sovereigns this year

hmfc_liam06
1 hour ago, John mcCartney said:

yes chief,fancied a change this year altho changed clubs as their rate was a bit less.....two clubs on the links,thistle and the golfing society
which has helped me in getting a flexi m/ship with haddington n all,with the wong situation
its good to have a look round a few clubs that you like for deals etc.....
thatl be me for old course musselburgh,leven n haddington for 775.00 sovereigns this year

You're almost as bad as my mate. He's a member at Dunnikier, Thornton, Leven, Crail & the Dukes :lol:

hmfc_liam06
6 minutes ago, John mcCartney said:

the no dependants golfing society    :surrender:

Single, no kids and a 6 figure salary...

Samuel Camazzola
10 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Balbirnie? I'm playing there on Sunday morning.

Yeah, first game since October! I don't think it's going to be pretty. 

hmfc_liam06

All the Glasgow courses on teeofftimes were either winter greens or mats so we opted for Falkirk. Decent enough course if unspectacular. 

Golf Show was decent. 4 free Titleist balls, an Under Armour polo for a tenner, my 3 free rounds and a perve at Carly Booth. 

First medal for a few months. Surprised myself to play to my hcap. Putter was pretty cold but managed an eagle, a birdie wth 4 bogeys for +1 73. 

hmfc_liam06
On 3/23/2018 at 21:36, Samuel Camazzola said:

Yeah, first game since October! I don't think it's going to be pretty. 

Certainly wouldn't have been pretty on those greens, absolutely woeful condition!

Still not picked up a club but playing the medal next week.     I feel I will need lots of practice so plan to play lots and lots of shots in the medal.    For the practice.    

Samuel Camazzola
2 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Certainly wouldn't have been pretty on those greens, absolutely woeful condition!

16 and 17 are usually best greens on the course and did hold up but recent conditions mean no fertiliser has been applied at all. The greens couldn't be rolled today either as they are too soft. 

If there isn't too much rain and a period of warmth, the course should look be fine by end of April. 

hmfc_liam06
9 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

16 and 17 are usually best greens on the course and did hold up but recent conditions mean no fertiliser has been applied at all. The greens couldn't be rolled today either as they are too soft. 

If there isn't too much rain and a period of warmth, the course should look be fine by end of April. 

I've never seen Balbirnie as bad. Result of them changing policy and playing full course all winter too?

Samuel Camazzola

It was my first visit since October so I don't know what activity has been going on. 

Shortened versions of courses certainly helps from my experiences at other places. The holes can be rotated with common walkways given a rest. Allowing buggies on in the winter doesn't help too. 

hmfc_liam06
1 minute ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

It was my first visit since October so I don't know what activity has been going on. 

Shortened versions of courses certainly helps from my experiences at other places. The holes can be rotated with common walkways given a rest. Allowing buggies on in the winter doesn't help too. 

I played it a couple times over the winter and both times it was soaking, no way the big greens should have been on. Full on plugging on the green, can't have been healthy for them.

Samuel Camazzola
4 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I played it a couple times over the winter and both times it was soaking, no way the big greens should have been on. Full on plugging on the green, can't have been healthy for them.

At times like that, the whole course should be closed, not just the greens. 

First medal of the season next Saturday so I decided to get the clubs out the shed this morning, surprised how tidy I was around the green but I couldn't drive the ball more than 100 yards duck hook every time. I've struggled badly off the tee for years can't seem to get rid of my hook might look at a lesson this year see what's going on as I've never met a 7 handicapper who drives like I do.

23 hours ago, Irufushi said:

First comp of the year tomorrow at Tain, frost forecast so will probably be cancelled. April springtime eh? Ffs.

Wish it was cancelled ! Shot 85 after going out in 38 . I missed 2 fairways all day . My approach shots and short game / putting were atrocious!

9 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Classic Poulter! What a putt on 72nd. Play-off time now. 

Talk about grit and determination!  Now he has nothing to lose at the Masters, if I was him I'd be playing as aggressive as I could!!

On 19/03/2018 at 14:10, Irufushi said:

Got one, you won’t regret it, best golf purchase I’ve made . 

Bought a Bushnell V4 .. was on sale then eBay gave me a 20% sports and leisure discount and I enter up paying £175 for a brand new one. Sweet.

Used it once and I anticipate it helping my game.. 

Tony Finau

Hole in one at the par 3 comp

Celebrates, trips over what looks like his size 22 feet, dislocates his ankle, I’ll be surprised if he can walk 4 rounds after that :(

50F97803-94A2-4DDD-82BB-F66D73E221E8.jpeg

Samuel Camazzola
5 hours ago, Armageddon said:

Tony Finau

Hole in one at the par 3 comp

Celebrates, trips over what looks like his size 22 feet, dislocates his ankle, I’ll be surprised if he can walk 4 rounds after that :(

50F97803-94A2-4DDD-82BB-F66D73E221E8.jpeg

Was an injury confirmed? He seemed OK at the next hole. 

The scenes at the final hole were immense when Nicklaus' grandson who was caddying took a shot over the pond and got a hole in one. Jack was in tears. Great stuff! 

5 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Was an injury confirmed? He seemed OK at the next hole. 

The scenes at the final hole were immense when Nicklaus' grandson who was caddying took a shot over the pond and got a hole in one. Jack was in tears. Great stuff! 

Yep apparently doubtful to tee off today in his first Masters. Reckon he will be stretchered to the tee if need be, can't see him missing that opportunity.

The slo-mo of him popping his ankle back in were a bit:berra: reckon he has had to do that before !!

Just now, Armageddon said:

What's going on with the coverage???  WHy are Sky only showing it from 7pm??? :(

Red button feature groups from 2:45 I think it started .

4 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

Red button feature groups from 2:45 I think it started .

I'm watching at work via Sky Go on a laptop :(

1 hour ago, Armageddon said:

Real men book the week off work for the masters . 

1 hour ago, Armageddon said:

Can't seem to get this on my phone.. and it's how to sort it? 

:laugh:

Sergio making a mess of defending his title

Hit it into the water 4 times on the par 5 15th

Finally on the dance floor with his 12th shot

Edited by kila

Great round from Sergio too apart from that tournament ruining 13, how anybody doesn't play safe on the second ball is crazy.

Spieth is an absolute machine at Augusta, the putting on those slippy surfaces is the best by a mile.  To think he's 24 and should have 3 green jackets already.

hmfc_liam06

Played in a 3 man scramble today, 5 tee shots each so it was a tough gig.

Finished level par for a net 61 so nowhere near the prizes. We must have left 8 or 9 birdie putts an inch shy of the hole. Swinging pretty well just now, hopefully carry this on into the season.

Played in the first round of our clubs mixed foursomes today.  My partner is off 33 and I had never seen her play golf before.. I'm playing with her as my mum felt guilted into playing with my dad this year... Which is nice... Anyway, just found out this week that my partner is not long out of hospital and can't make it round the course,  so had a buggy today... OK.. I thought... 

Anyway.. We were given 2 shots, (which is the first time I've shots for a long time) and we needed them. 

My goodness, my partner was playing a completely different game to the golf I play.  I think we three putted nearly every hole as she wasn't being given anything over 2 foot.  I was getting us onto par 5s in 3,  and she would putt it up to maybe 20 foot or something.. It was amazing! ... 

Anyway we won on the 18th as I hit a 3 iron 210 yards into 6 foot and our opponents couldn't make 4.... What a game, so different... 

On the flip side of it all, it was brilliant company playing with 3 people who I don't really know and it was really relaxed. Had some good banter and was had to enquire more about the 28 year old granddaughter etc. etc etc... lol

Out in 38, back in 48 for me today. :facepalm:

On the back 9 I was stuck behind trees three times, chunked pitch shots into the sand twice and managed to melt a 7 iron 30 yards further than usual clean over a green and into bushes.

:seething:

Was meant to be at mortonhall on Friday in a club outing but got changed to Gullane 2 due to mortonhall being shut with snow. Really enjoyed it, some cracking holes and the greens were a treat to putt on at this time of year. Only 31 pts but threw away a few silly shots due to lack of practice. 

Played today in a pairs comp, ball striking is fine and my putting is getting there. However my short pitching and chipping is absolutely brutal. Going to have to spend a fair amount of time in a quiet spot on the course and get it sorted one evening. 

51 minutes ago, StSow said:

However my short pitching and chipping is absolutely brutal. Going to have to spend a fair amount of time in a quiet spot on the course and get it sorted one evening. 

This is what I’ve found since playing more often after the winter, absolutely no feel from inside 100 yards and chipping .

stuartmitchell

Any of you lads found a shift in attitude towards letting faster players play through? I often nip up to Ratho for a quick round by myself but on the last few occasions have been hampered by 3 or 4 balls who won't let me play through? This didn't happen at Torphin when I was a member there?

It's getting on my tits!