New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

I hope we have security in place on Saturday as it wouldn't surprise me if Lochenders tried to destroy or vandalise the truss.

Unless they turn up with a full welding kit the truss should be ok.

You've nailed it mate who's idea was that maybe they thought it's close to maroon so that'll do.

Amateurs.

Built back in Pieman's day - think you'll find the people building the new stand are professionals.

Oh yeh I forgot we're getting a new main stand.

We've also got a new Head Coach....

Sexton Hardcastle

new-hearts-main-stand-tynecastle-edinbur

5000e9abdc9fc014472caf8b6852ef32.jpg

Interesting they have the old badge in the advertising thing on the building end on McLeod Street.

Would be nice if hey could replicate a mural of some sort. Knocking tongether some iconic images.

Totti-mural-26570.jpg

Ala

WV120-Cup-Final.jpg

160598-tennents-scottish-cup-final-heart

2188487875.jpg

new-hearts-main-stand-tynecastle-edinbur

5000e9abdc9fc014472caf8b6852ef32.jpg

Updated drawings, not the planning issue.

Something similar inside the ground to what Aberdeen have provided for their plans.

Be nice to see the Truss supports in white as well. Pink is awful.

Could put some yellow stripes around them instead....

::troll:::'>

Interesting they have the old badge in the advertising thing on the building end on McLeod Street.

Would be nice if hey could replicate a mural of some sort. Knocking tongether some iconic images.

Ala

All of these would make superb murals.

4569973.jpg

53f0f1ec162b0e5ef3a9e5f86ec1ed16.jpg

Craig-Beattie-celebrates--006.jpg

alim-ozturk-hearts-hibernian-goal.jpg

Dougie Masterton

No need to replace. There are various renovation methods available for faded plastic stadium seating.   Need to adopt Fade Management Solutions.

A UV stabiliser in the pigments when injection moulding would cure the fading.

Hopefully then the seats in the new stand will be UV protected as surely they'll a lot of sun light on them too. 

And if that's the case, let's get those god-awful bleached seats in the Roseburn replaced.

...a bit disco

Honestly not bothered by the pink.

So rumour would have it.

:oohmatron:

Updated drawings, not the planning issue.

Something similar inside the ground to what Aberdeen have provided for their plans.

Wasting money on drawings so a few fans can go 'oooh'? ;)

Picked this up on the internet -

"Under most circumstances, red fades the fastest of all visible colours. Short wavelength light such as blue and violet has greater energy than lower wavelength light, and red has the longest wavelength of any visible colours. Red objects reflect red light but absorb harmful, energy rich short wavelength light"

Maroon is in the red range of colours

Ah so thats why gingers sunburn so easily.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Nucky Thompson

Another good thing is we've had a decent Winter so far, so everything must be going to schedule time wise

Looking at the sectional view, the front part of the stand will have a 28degree gradient. The top part has the 32 degree gradient. Also it looks like fans can exit from the top and take the stairs all the way down to the bottom. This could avoid alot of queuing inside the stand and make it a bit more like fester road where u party in the stairs.

Are the stairs at the back not for hospitality?

Looking at the sectional view, the front part of the stand will have a 28degree gradient. The top part has the 32 degree gradient. Also it looks like fans can exit from the top and take the stairs all the way down to the bottom. This could avoid alot of queuing inside the stand and make it a bit more like fester road where u party in the stairs.

My assumption (and it is just an assumption) is that the hospitality/directors and probably media seating will be towards the top of the stand, and the exits at the top will be for access to their relevant suites, etc, with regular spectators sitting further down and using the exits to the main concourse in the same way as the existing newer stands.

Lucille's Thirsty

From Hearts twitter

7915FF94-C23B-4AD5-B14C-13F4E6F6A592_zps

It's gathering pace now can't wait till it's all finished.

I wonder if we'll all be upset when it's finished this thread will be no more.

:lol:

It's gathering pace now can't wait till it's all finished.

I wonder if we'll all be upset when it's finished this thread will be no more.

:lol:

2 years or so to go

Eh? Well this is gettin weird!!?? What does this mean?

It's not weird, I think my original statement regarding the taxi driver illegally sitting on my vantage point was taken the wrong way, I know you, you know me.

kingantti1874

This should be made into a mural somewhere in the new stand :

Screen-shot-2013-08-05-at-9.52.59-PM.png

Just reminded me that I have one of those .. Mine is still in the tube, need to get it framed for sons room..

2 years? Really?

All the innards said to be completed by 2018. Only the actual stand ready for fans to watch games September this year. At least another year to complete everything else.

Edited by Mikey1874

Lucille's Thirsty

That looks good but if we were to do something like that it should be "Heart of Midlothian FC" not "Hearts" just to be picky.

Looking forward to seeing that illustration when it's finished.

jamboinglasgow

considering how quickly it has progressed so far with the truss, I can imagine we will see the truss in place by this time next week. When its hoisted up will be amazing.

considering how quickly it has progressed so far with the truss, I can imagine we will see the truss in place by this time next week. When its hoisted up will be amazing.

Scheduled for 24/25th according to earlier in the thread! :)

A UV stabiliser in the pigments when injection moulding would cure the fading.

I haven't read the whole thread in detail and maybe gonna make a pure tit of myself but isn't the faded seating, which is all in the away end nowt to do with the first coating being peeled off/damaged?

It's not weird, I think my original statement regarding the taxi driver illegally sitting on my vantage point was taken the wrong way, I know you, you know me.

Ok mate. Fair dos. I apologise if I've misunderstood the tone of yer original post. Perhaps it was a wee bit cheeky to park where I did...but I was taking pics for the thread. I'd argue it was for the greater good :-)

You've got me wracking my brains trying to think of all the Danny Macks I might know now tho haha

Anyway, all good. I'll make sure I don't park on your vantage point again!

All the innards said to be completed by 2018. Only the actual stand ready for fans to watch games September this year. At least another year to complete everything else.

I thought that. I'm in the building trade and was thinking to myself it's wishful thinking to expect a complete stand by the end of this year.

Hell of a lot of work internally to get through and you have hiccups, snagging etc. along the way....

I thought that. I'm in the building trade and was thinking to myself it's wishful thinking to expect a complete stand by the end of this year.

Hell of a lot of work internally to get through and you have hiccups, snagging etc. along the way....

2018 was what Ann said at the AGM, but that is absolutely everything, with I think the nursery at the back end of it.

At one point, I thought they were intending in trying to get the match day corporate hospitality stuff up and running for November this year.

Might have changed. 

Hopefully Thomaso can confirm.

Edited by DETTY29

2018 was what Ann said at the AGM, but that is absolutely everything, with I think the nursery at the back end of it.

At one point, I thought they were intending in trying to get the match day corporate hospitality stuff up and running for November this year.

Might have changed. 

Hopefully Thomaso can confirm.

That's how I understand it. 

The stand will ready to seat people for matches around the start of next season. There may be a request to play the first games away from home.

But the corporate stuff will fitted out through out the season.

I'm interested to know what the corporate options will be at the start of next season?