New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

2 minutes ago, Beats said:

After the shambles of last season if we weren't getting a new stand I think you would see ticket sales fall Dave. 

My point is there would be in my opinion quite a few who wouldn't have got a season ticket knowing the stand would be this late. Fair enough if you don't agree though. 

I think most would have renewed or bought, but not all.   There would be a fair number who would have bought one because of the new stand.   That is why we used the new stand to market them in the first place.  

Edited by Paolo

1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

Oh "quite rightly" is it???    Who needs the Lochend Bitters to stick the knife in our back when we have our own fans (?) doing a great job of that on here!!!

Thomaso like your updates but sometimes far too defensive, noticed it recently - guess too many repeated questions and frustrations can add up, remember it is a forum full of differing opinions.

After the shambles of last season if we weren't getting a new stand I think you would see ticket sales fall Dave. 

My point is there would be in my opinion quite a few who wouldn't have got a season ticket knowing the stand would be this late. Fair enough if you don't agree though. 

Fair enough if that's your opinion Beats but to say the club deliberately misled supporters is stretching it.

Just now, Paolo said:

I think most would have renewed it bought, but not all.   There would be a fair number who would have bought one because if the new stand.   That is why we used the new stand to market them in the first place.  

Exactly my point. Which you made better than I did!

Just now, Rudolf said:

Fair enough if that's your opinion Beats but to say the club deliberately misled supporters is stretching it.

But that's how I feel mate. Not winding anyone up, that's my opinion and I'm not alone in that. 

Just now, Beats said:

That's a load of shite. I'm not wanting to wind anyone up. I'm pissed off that's the bottom line. 

I've a season ticket along with my 2 daughters one is only 5. I don't think she will be going much in the cold weather. It would have been nice to take her along when the stand was meant to have been finished. 

Its just a coincidence you just happen to turn up on here every time there's something to moan about.

1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

If the game does not go ahead it will be because of health and safety concerns - much like previous games up and down the country that have been postponed in the past due to ice on the walkways up to stadiums, or roofing that had become unsafe after strong winds.  In none of these scenarios was sanctions dished out.

The difference in this case that the health and safety concerns are of the club's own making, not caused by the weather - over which no club has control and hence the many games which are postponed every year. 

Here, the club has taken the decision to sell tickets for the game, thus indicating that they are in a position to host the fixture. Was it reasonably foreseeable that this might not be possible? Based on the delays thus far, it would be fair to say it was.

While both clubs will wish to see the fixture fulfilled, it seems remarkable that a final call on the game could be held back until as late as Friday. Out of courtesy to those planning to attend as well as to Thistle (who may wish to arrange another fixture) an earlier call would seem to be in everyone's best interests.

I'm aware you go the extra mile to keep fans on here posted on developments, but no matter how partisan one's feelings for the club are the suggestion that they would not be to blame for a postponement in these circumstances simply doesn't stand up to scrutiny.

23 minutes ago, Locky said:

Games off apparently. My work deal with Hearts and Hibs for staffing matches and Hearts told our office today that no staff are required as the game will be postponed.

If true, why have hearts not released a statement yet?!  

2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Go to an agency that deals in this area and interview experienced construction  project managers. When the business i ran faced an unplanned major  construction project at short notice that is what we did. It is as they say not rocket science.

Of course you might decide after interviewing impressive candidates that the right person was in the building all along.

We done that with the managers position and some would say that’s not working out ?

That's a load of shite. I'm not wanting to wind anyone up. I'm pissed off that's the bottom line. 

I've a season ticket along with my 2 daughters one is only 5. I don't think she will be going much in the cold weather. It would have been nice to take her along when the stand was meant to have been finished. 

Hahahah, why did you buy her season ticket if she wasn’t going to go to games when the weather isn’t good. We play the majority of our season in winter months ffs. 

5 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

I know dozens of season ticket holders and none of them bought their season ticket because they thought the stand would be ready in September. If fact, I haven't spoken to one Hearts fan that purchased for that reason.

Do you have evidence of this phenomenon or does it just exist in your troubled 

6 minutes ago, Beats said:

If she wants to leave then what can we do? 

As for questioning my loyalty. I don't think that you can point that at any Hearts fan. I put plenty into the club and show plenty loyalty.

You going to rock up at the club AGM and make those accusations about the STs in person face to face then  ?

Just now, Bad Religion said:

Its just a coincidence you just happen to turn up on here every time there's something to moan about.

I moan on this thread yes. I'll concide that. But that's not winding people up and I apologise if people see it that way.

I think once the stand is operational the frustration will go. Then we can get back to getting stuck into Levein! Kidding.

I want like all of us want a winning team on the park and playing at Tynecastle.

1 minute ago, GJamboR7 said:

Hahahah, why did you buy her season ticket if she wasn’t going to go to games when the weather isn’t good. We play the majority of our season in winter months ffs. 

Beats buying his season tickets.

tenor.gif?itemid=4291280

1 hour ago, Brick Tamland said:

To the shite from Leith on here, go back to your shitey wee lives. Oh and 5-1 we know it still hurts.

To the Sevco shite on here, you let your club die.

To the trolls on here, get a life.

To the real hearts fans on here, the support we have given the club has been exceptional and we will be rewarded with a magnificent stadium and in time a team that will be worthy of playing in it and worthy of our outstanding support.

And finally to Obua and Sifter - get some more pics up!!

I wholeheartedly agree with this post

1 hour ago, Cade said:

Anybody mind what happened to Sevco when that game at Ibrox got abandoned due to a blizzard and their ground staff not having the undersoil heating on and were refusing to clear the snow off the pitch?

That's right.

Nowt.

They were shiteing themselves that night  thought the pitch would be a leveller and we still almost smashed them before it got called off 

But that's how I feel mate. Not winding anyone up, that's my opinion and I'm not alone in that. 

You're not alone

im exactly the same.

annoying when people give us stick for being annoyed with the situation 

2 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

If true, why have hearts not released a statement yet?!  

Do Hearts need to release a statement for every piece of gossip in newspapers and on forums to please you?! 

Because it was £25 and I'm trying to get her into following the club like her older sister does. I wouldn't take her along when it's freezing outside she would be miserable and put her off going to games! Plenty games in the decent weather to take her too. Don't see what's wrong with that?

1 minute ago, Beats said:

I moan on this thread yes. I'll concide that. But that's not winding people up and I apologise if people see it that way.

I think once the stand is operational the frustration will go. Then we can get back to getting stuck into Levein! Kidding.

I want like all of us want a winning team on the park and playing at Tynecastle.

Thats exactly what it is though. You do remember you have the same name on the other forum.

2 minutes ago, luckydug said:

You going to rock up at the club AGM and make those accusations about the STs in person face to face then  ?

What's the point? The stand will be fully up and running by then. You think it will do any good? This is a forum ans I'm making my opinion. 

2 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

You're not alone

im exactly the same.

annoying when people give us stick for being annoyed with the situation 

Quell surprise.

Francis Albert
18 minutes ago, EH11 2NL said:

Lied too, that's a belter :lol:

What was the first  reason given for the sptember delay? That was certainly a belter, stlll greeted on here as honest and transparent.

Do Hearts need to release a statement for every piece of gossip in newspapers and on forums to please you?! 

No but if they have already decided it's off and cancelled staffing arrangements,surely they should tell the fans too!

3 minutes ago, Mellor said:

The difference in this case that the health and safety concerns are of the club's own making, not caused by the weather - over which no club has control and hence the many games which are postponed every year. 

Here, the club has taken the decision to sell tickets for the game, thus indicating that they are in a position to host the fixture. Was it reasonably foreseeable that this might not be possible? Based on the delays thus far, it would be fair to say it was.

While both clubs will wish to see the fixture fulfilled, it seems remarkable that a final call on the game could be held back until as late as Friday. Out of courtesy to those planning to attend as well as to Thistle (who may wish to arrange another fixture) an earlier call would seem to be in everyone's best interests.

I'm aware you go the extra mile to keep fans on here posted on developments, but no matter how partisan one's feelings for the club are the suggestion that they would not be to blame for a postponement in these circumstances simply doesn't stand up to scrutiny.

Well put Mellor, I would hope that when our stadium is completed you will still be here posting on other threads. ?

Just now, Bad Religion said:

Thats exactly what it is though. You do remember you have the same name on the other forum.

Yes and I rant on there as well, fully aware what is posted in other forums can be read. 

If you think I'm trolling or winding people up then that's up to you. I can only tell you I'm not.

Six weeks tomorrow we will be pumping them under the lights in front of 20,000+

Who cares if there's another delay or postponement, this is a project  for the future.

wentworth jambo
51 minutes ago, Beats said:

Remind me when this was meant to be ready?

Hearts lied about the completion date in order to get the season ticket sales we have. Anyone who doesn't believe this needs to waken up. Fans are being taken for mugs. I know this won't sit well with people on here who refuse to hear a bad word against Ann Budge or the club but it's true. We are treated like shite and are watching a pile of shite week after week on the park. Although some happy clappers will put their fingers in their ears and ignore it, a hell of a lot of people are getting pissed off with it.

I hope a decision is made soon and if we have to postpone then do it and take the punishment we will end up getting. I feel for the fans travelling from a fair distance away. I know Oliver Twist is looking at the positives but for others they may not see it that way.

Shambles. 

Spoken like someone who has no idea of how projects (any project) operate. It s rare that a project will deliver on time, to budget and to quality - usually at least one of the 3 is compromised - this is the skill of the Project Manager but making that impact as light as possible and in the client's preferred area - in the case of the new stand, we probably could have delivered something sooner but I, for one, am glad we appear to be taking the longer term view and sacrificing time for quality.

In terms of season tickets, you mentioned we "were lied to" - see, the thing with season tickets is that the sales model is different from most other things out there - in most cases price and quality will drive demand - with season tickets, there is also the personal aspect - we're all Hearst supporters and most of us will back the team regardless and our support is not dependent on team performance - if it was, we'd all be Celt*c fans. Therefore, I don't think the happy clappers have their fingers in their ears, I think they are just continuing to support their team while realising that less than 4 years ago, we were nearly defunct - so if a new multi million pound stand takes a few weeks longer than planned - it's not gonna twist their knickers.

Have a beer man, chill....it will all be good.

Hearts Machine

I dunno about most fans` but personally I can`t wait for the first kick off.  Some should do well to remember what we have been through to get here.  I`m still pinching myself.

scott herbertson
3 minutes ago, kingdannyb said:

Six weeks tomorrow we will be pumping them under the lights in front of 20,000+

Who cares if there's another delay or postponement, this is a project  for the future.

Thumbs up to that - we’ll said 

4 minutes ago, Beats said:

What's the point? The stand will be fully up and running by then. You think it will do any good? This is a forum ans I'm making my opinion. 

You are accusing people of deception .

I can understand why you would prefer the anonymity of a fans forum where you can hide behind a username though.

2 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I can understand why you would prefer the anonymity of a fans forum where you can hide behind a username though.

You never answered my question. What good would it do?

If hearts don't need staff for sunday .i hope they have told the nightshift not to bother and the rest of the workers they dont have to work their buts off . i would put my money on they are still going for it

scott herbertson
3 minutes ago, Beats said:

You never answered my question. What good would it do?

You might get a reponse from the people you are criticising?

20 minutes ago, Beats said:

You moan about being misled and lied to but you watch American wrestling ffs!! :lol::lol: 

Francis Albert
1 minute ago, scott herbertson said:

I think he would get some well prepared spin.

1 minute ago, scott herbertson said:

But what's the point. They wouldn't admit it and even if they did, so what? Not going to change anything mate. 

1 minute ago, 1874robbo said:

You moan about being misled and lied to but you watch American wrestling ffs!! :lol::lol: 

Do you prefer the British stuff?!

1 hour ago, Beats said:

Remind me when this was meant to be ready?

Hearts lied about the completion date in order to get the season ticket sales we have. Anyone who doesn't believe this needs to waken up. Fans are being taken for mugs. I know this won't sit well with people on here who refuse to hear a bad word against Ann Budge or the club but it's true. We are treated like shite and are watching a pile of shite week after week on the park. Although some happy clappers will put their fingers in their ears and ignore it, a hell of a lot of people are getting pissed off with it.

I hope a decision is made soon and if we have to postpone then do it and take the punishment we will end up getting. I feel for the fans travelling from a fair distance away. I know Oliver Twist is looking at the positives but for others they may not see it that way.

Shambles. 

We're not being treated like shite but you're certainly slavering it.

29 minutes ago, Beats said:

Out of interest who do you think are the Hibs fans on the thread? 

I'm pretty sure that you follow the team in green from Leith.

There I've said it.

scott herbertson

But what's the point. They wouldn't admit it and even if they did, so what? Not going to change anything mate. 

3 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I think he would get some well prepared spin.

Well, that’s the club’s sessions with the fans dissed as well

Think I’ll give kickback a miss for a bit, the gloom is getting me down 

Francis Albert
14 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Unless you were christened luckydug i  not sure you are best placed to accuse someone of hiding behind a username