New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

jambos are go!

Ah, cheers for that. I was thinking it was further West. 

Totally off-topic now, but I only recently found out about a stadium which did actually exist in Stenhouse. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stenhouse_Stadium

Remember seeing the crumbling Tote Board when I used to walk through the path at the back of Prison to the Longstone inn around 1970. Think it was also used for Showjumping.

Marcus_Barkus

Anybody know when the material was meant to arrive from Korea?

Assuming it is over due with all this talk of Muddayfield

Ill find out, Got a contact at the docks in Korea called Fu Kem Yung,

I used to import high quality Kettles from Pyongyang

As my good friend Borat would say, "I'm very excite"  :sunny:

Bazzas right boot

Mad red panels oot.

Tbh, the red panels will look great, but it won't become clear until the corners are filled in.

Edited by Rudi'sleftfoot

7th august

I'm pretty sure Ann said the staging was being sent on 3 ships with the first arriving 7th august. I half remember her adding that the last was due around 15th. Could be wrong.

If these two facts are true, they are both worthy of a thread of their own!

Jambof3tornado

Pity neither are.

Plenty will think so though.lol

Think the contacts name is a give away ,mildly amusing though

Didn't he consider himself German?

"Ethnically." What does it matter what people "consider themselves"? They are what they are, and may be more than one thing.

Will there be temporary entrances for when we have our first home game, or do that plan to have the outside area finished by then? Looks like no work has been started in that regard.

Fultons Right Leg

A family member of mine is an Engineering Surveyor. He?s doing a job at the distillery today inspecting a 1 million litre storage tank. It?s to be drained and then they?re sticking a camera inside to have a wee poke about. He told me it was all to do with Hearts new main stand but that?s all he knew. Can only assume it?s something to do with the fabled safety certificates?

Not massively interesting but there you go.

Extremely doubtful this will be ready in 5 weeks. I've heard they won't get a safety certificate from the council. Looks like we'll be playing 4 games at Murrayfield

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Extremely doubtful this will be ready in 5 weeks. I've heard they won't get a safety certificate from the council. Looks like we'll be playing 4 games at Murrayfield

It won't be 4 games at Murrayfield

It may be tight for the Aberdeen game but it's 2 weeks until the Partick game after, then the international break so the St Johnstone game isn't until the 21st Oct. I'd be amazed if the stand still wasn't in a usable state come then!

As they have not yet applied for one I doubt you have heard anything except hot air leaving your backside

As they have not yet applied for one I doubt you have heard anything except hot air leaving your backside

They have been told they won't get one with what they are proposing. There will be a statement soon.

Stick to Bears Den Hun

Hagar the Horrible

It may be tight for the Aberdeen game but it's 2 weeks until the Partick game after, then the international break so the St Johnstone game isn't until the 21st Oct. I'd be amazed if the stand still wasn't in a usable state come then!

as long as we are in before the Rangers Game in Oct as we have 7 home games and one away, ot Sj J would give us 8 at home and only 2 away

Phil D. Corners

It better be ready for the St Johnstone game..... I'm flying back for that game. :-P

colinmaroon

Extremely doubtful this will be ready in 5 weeks. I've heard via Leith they won't get a safety certificate from the council. Looks like we'll be playing 4 games at Murrayfield

Extremely doubtful this will be ready in 5 weeks. I've heard via Leith they won't get a safety certificate from the council. Looks like we'll be playing 4 games at Murrayfield

How original.

It actually came from someone involved with the project.

Anyone with any construction knowledge knows by looking at current progress that there's a awful lot to get done in 5 weeks to get it passed as safe to use. Not a big deal. Was always a very ambitious target

How do you know they haven't applied for one ?

Shanks said no

How original.

Anyone with any construction knowledge knows by looking at current progress that there's a awful lot to get done in 5 weeks to get it passed as safe to use. Not a big deal. Was always a very ambitious target

Have you looked at the timeline of the Wheatfield stand build?

Jambo, Goodbye

Have you looked at the timeline of the Wheatfield stand build?

How long did it take out of interest?

Is there somewhere I can check out the timeline?

You'll know about Celtic's difficulties then as well

How original.

So you are telling us that "someone" involved in the project told you this presumably in confidence and then you promptly post it on here.

At what level of the project is this person involved. They must be very high up in the pecking order to know that the council will not give us a safety certificate five and a half weeks before it is due, and we will have to play 4 games at Murrayfield and we will not have a safety certificate before 21 October.

I posted this in the Aberdeen Murrayfield thread a few days ago:

--

Using 

of the Wheatfield construction (shot by farin I think), here's some time stamps to give an idea of progress, particularly that in a few weeks of July.

We have 5 weeks to go, and the roof construction is well underway, the steel almost done and the concourse well underway.

The following time lapse was over an 8 week period:

4th June 1994:

1.png

8th July 1994:

2.png

15th July 1994:

3.png

29th July 1994:

4.png

Edited by kila

Shanks said no

there's a video earlier in the thread with associated dates.

So you are telling us that "someone" involved in the project told you this presumably in confidence and then you promptly post it on here.

At what level of the project is this person involved. They must be very high up in the pecking order to know that the council will not give us a safety certificate five and a half weeks before it is due, and we will have to play 4 games at Murrayfield and we will not have a safety certificate before 21 October.

A date will be pencilled in for the checks for the safety certificate

Council have always been accommodating and will need to be here

But there is no evidence of a problem

I posted this in the Aberdeen Murrayfield thread a few days ago:

--

Using 

of the Wheatfield construction (shot by farin I think), here's some time stamps to give an idea of progress, particularly that in a few weeks of July.

We have 5 weeks to go, and the roof construction is well underway, the steel almost done and the concourse well underway.

The following time lapse was over an 8 week period:

4th June 1994:

1.png

8th July 1994:

2.png

15th July 1994:

3.png

29th July 1994:

4.png

Looking at the progress over the last few weeks, it looks like we'll be struggling. Well ahead of where we are at on the 8th and still not finished on the 29th.

Edited by Ray Gin

Looking at the progress over the last few weeks, it looks like we'll be struggling. Well ahead of where we are at on the 8th and still not finished on the 29th.

There are big differences though.

The staging will be much lighter, which may make it easier to put in quicker.

They could have more people on seat adding duty.

The roof work is further ahead than it was on the Wheatfield build.

Jambo, Goodbye

There are big differences though.

The staging will be much lighter, which may make it easier to put in quicker.

They could have more people on seat adding duty.

The roof work is further ahead than it was on the Wheatfield build.

Another wee difference is the 8th pic had no floodlights, the 29th pic does. We'll hopefully have less distractions and it'll be all hands on deck.

I think they'll fully concentrate on the bare essentials, possibly making for a faster time than the Wheatfield.

The red is baffling. Why red and not a different shade of maroon? Looks wrong.

There is no "different shade of maroon" available Ray.  These are enamelled toughened glass panels that come in a limited range of colours.

They have been told they won't get one with what they are proposing. There will be a statement soon.

Stick to Bears Den Hun

Discussions have been held with the Council and all parties are clear on what needs to be completed to obtain a safety certificate.

That last pic should have been the final product. Loads of terracing and fancy platinum seats at the middle of the stand :lol:

How do you know they haven't applied for one ?

They will not apply for a safety certificate until the works that Hearts/Council have agreed needs to be completed to obtain the safety certificate. 

Hence why we are playing the first few games away from home ;)

Anyone recall when the first game in front of the Wheatfield stand was?

A date will be pencilled in for the checks for the safety certificate

Council have always been accommodating and will need to be here

But there is no evidence of a problem

Correct

"no hope in hell it'll be finished in time for the Aberdeen game" (quote yesterday from one of the construction crew) Murrayfield here we come. 

Cut The Crap

I hope we have suitable penalty clauses in place should contractors not meet the agreed schedule.

Might even reduce the shortfall a little.

Jambo, Goodbye

Hence why we are playing the first few games away from home ;)

Anyone recall when the first game in front of the Wheatfield stand was?

Think it was mentioned earlier in the thread. A Derby which I think we lost :(

Correct

Thomaso - What is your view on any potential delay to the schedule (being open by Aberdeen), not completion of the stand.

You are the only person on here who is ITK from what I've read............ everything else appears to be hearsay/horseshit.

Edited by Disco Dave

I hope we have suitable penalty clauses in place should contractors not meet the agreed schedule.

Might even reduce the shortfall a little.

I can only but laugh..........we have posters, including 1 certainly in the know, answering points in a clear & concise manner & then..............this sort clearly picked up from nowhere!!!

The Club have contingencies in place, but despite not being ITK, I am confident that ALL contractors on site are trying their best to get the stadium finished to meet the demands of a safety certificate to allow the match vs Aberdeeen to be played at Tynecastle.

It would be good to support the guys on site & please try to ignore the "a guy working there told me" type of posts.

Edited by 2205ian

Thomaso - What is your view on any potential delay to the schedule (being open by Aberdeen), not completion of the stand.

You are the only person on here who is ITK from what I've read............ everything else appears to be hearsay/horeshit.

All I can say is there will be an imminent announcement from the club.