The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

I P Knightley

The deal between Worthington and Law Financial, a firm set up by Whyte also included obtaining the book, film and television rights to the two takeovers of The Rangers Football Club in 2011 and 2012.

Now, there's some foresight; figuring that the takeover may result in a saga that would be worthy of a book or a film. It's almost as if he knew...

Heartsofgold

Here's a thought.  If, and it's a massive unlikely if, they are stripped of the titles then surely they would have to repay ALL the prise money they were awarded for winning said titles and cups?

Here's a thought.  If, and it's a massive unlikely if, they are stripped of the titles then surely they would have to repay ALL the prise money they were awarded for winning said titles and cups?

How? They are in liquidation FFS

Heartsofgold

How? They are in liquidation FFS

Well the SPFL/SFA seem to regard them as the same club for honours purposes so why not.

Rick Grimes

That's likely why the authorities are so keen to avoid title stripping, even more than any perceived bias - it could open the floodgates for damages claims.  

Best option would be to strip the titles and declare the club a new one :whistling:

Here's a thought. If, and it's a massive unlikely if, they are stripped of the titles then surely they would have to repay ALL the prise money they were awarded for winning said titles and cups?

They'd have to prize that from RFC's cold dead hands.

Arf.

I assume, this one.

https://johnjamessite.com/2017/07/18/the-anatomy-of-a-cover-up/

Interesting reading.

Scandalous !

That must have gone up since the one I posted the link to ...

This poll at Stripthetitles is gathering which teams are supported by pollsters ... https://stripthetitles.wordpress.com/2017/07/18/poll-which-team-do-you-support/

AllyjamboDerbyshire

That would be impossible, but regardless, there is no excuse for not stripping titles unfairly won! The only way that prize money would become a problem is if it was decided to re-asign titles, in which case every club will have to move up one place (and be entitled to additional prize money that just isn't there) with Rangers moving to bottom position.

Simply put, the only possible action would be to strip Rangers of the titles and place an asterisk against their name on each one of the cheating years! Then, every club stays in the position they finished in and no re-distribution of prize money would be required.

Prince Buaben

That would be impossible, but regardless, there is no excuse for not stripping titles unfairly won! The only way that prize money would become a problem is if it was decided to re-asign titles, in which case every club will have to move up one place (and be entitled to additional prize money that just isn't there) with Rangers moving to bottom position.

Simply put, the only possible action would be to strip Rangers of the titles and place an asterisk against their name on each one of the cheating years! Then, every club stays in the position they finished in and no re-distribution of prize money would be required.

Taking bits of tin off the club isn't really a punishment though is it. The fans have long past celebrating them. They wont really care. They will have the memories of the games and the presentation etc. That can't be stripped. They should have to pay back the money the obtained by cheating. The money that allowed them to maintain the advantage

Taking bits of tin off the club isn't really a punishment though is it. The fans have long past celebrating them. They wont really care. They will have the memories of the games and the presentation etc. That can't be stripped. They should have to pay back the money the obtained by cheating. The money that allowed them to maintain the advantage

this isn't possible and should be removed from any discussions, only helps in muddying the waters. which team from which round that oldco beat do you give the cups/prize money to ?

they cheated going by the games, official rules that teams before and since have been punished with. all the tainted wins should be amended to signify that the honours have been rescinded for breaking the rules.

to say that they wont feel the pain is nonsense, their suffering and threatening everyone as it is and its not even on the cards yet

Edited by reaths17

Prince Buaben

this isn't possible and should be removed from any discussions, only helps in muddying the waters. which team from which round that oldco beat do you give the cups/prize money to ?

they cheated going by the games, official rules that teams before and since have been punished with. all the tainted wins should be amended to signify that the honours have been rescinded for breaking the rules.

to say that they wont feel the pain is nonsense, their suffering and threatening everyone as it is and its not even on the cards yet

Grassroots football should benefit with the money. 

Okay maybe they may feel the pain of losing it but i still dont think taking the cups out the trophy room is a punishment to the club.

Edited by Prince Buaben

Rangers have been fined by UEFA for the behaviour of their fans. :lol:

At least there won't be another offence for a while

More nice / reassuring news from the Weegia to keep their OF readers happy.

Hahahahahahahaha that's unbelievable!!!  I heard he also farted in the bath after it - that's covered in a 6 page pull out in tomorrows Sun. 

AllyjamboDerbyshire

I'd say the removal of titles is of far greater significance to Rangers supporters than the thought of any money that might be lost, regardless of the dead status of their old club. However, even if there was no upset caused, for anyone, by the removal of the offending titles, there is no reason, at all, for not acknowledging the severity of their cheating by changing the records of football.

They celebrated the winning of those titles, big time, now let them greet about losing them!

Sometimes you might think the criticism of the MSM for fawning to the old firm is unfair and maybe a bit of jealousy from other fans...and then you read an article like this and realise sports journalism in this country is as dead as a parrot...

What a truly, truly embarassing piece - I wonder if someone like Hugh McIlvenney has ever tried to sell an article like that to a paper 'Boss, we have footage of a truly stunning freekick by a Rangers player and Ill write up 500 words' 'Great - didnt realise they were playing' 'No it wasnt a match they were  just training.' 'Dont bang the door on your way out son'

Oh it would bother them

It would bother them half to death

Sometimes you might think the criticism of the MSM for fawning to the old firm is unfair and maybe a bit of jealousy from other fans...and then you read an article like this and realise sports journalism in this country is as dead as a parrot...

What a truly, truly embarassing piece - I wonder if someone like Hugh McIlvenney has ever tried to sell an article like that to a paper 'Boss, we have footage of a truly stunning freekick by a Rangers player and Ill write up 500 words' 'Great - didnt realise they were playing' 'No it wasnt a match they were just training.' 'Dont bang the door on your way out son'

I scored a ****ing awesome overhead kick direct from a corner once. It was genuinely ridiculous.

I played rugby more than football.

buzzbomb1958

I also scored a stunning goal from a corner after it hit my arse and sent the goalie the wrong way,nothing reported though

nah, don't believe that "they've been punished enough" they could always no pay it, like their fine from splaf for cheating.

IveSeenTheLight

nah, don't believe that "they've been punished enough" they could always no pay it, like their fine from splaf for cheating.

Its absolutely indicative that this SevCo's first ever game in Europe, they have let themselves and Scottish Football down.

The fine is poor, but possibly reflective of the level of clubs that compete in the 1st round throughout Europe.

That said, this light slap on the wrist for first time entrants and first time offenders in Europe (they have no history) should be markedly increased should they ever darken Scottish Footballs name again.

Lets hope that the rest of Scottish football can stop SevCo qualifying for Europe in the first instance.

Diadora Van Basten

So according to Rod McKenzie Rangers were not charged for not paying their Tax as there is no rule that covers paying tax and not reporting payments to players to the SFA did not convey a sporting advantage.

Escobar PHM

So according to Rod McKenzie Rangers were not charged for not paying their Tax as there is no rule that covers paying tax and not reporting payments to players to the SFA did not convey a sporting advantage.

yes that's my understanding of what they are now saying.

1. At the time of the EBT's there was no rule specifically preventing use of them

2. So although EBT's gave them an advantage it wasn't breaking any rule.

3. What DID break the rules was not declaring the EBT in the player registration as part of the financial package each player was on.

4. Not declaring it is a technical admin rule break and in itself did not give a sporting advantage.

Morally reprehensible way of looking at it IMO

Edited by Escobar PHM

1. At the time of the EBT's there was no rule specifically preventing use of them

3. What DID break the rules was not declaring the EBT in the player registration as part of the financial package each player was on.

4. Not declaring it is a technical admin rule break and in itself did not give a sporting advantage.

Company secretary forges to double sign a form for a team sheet, game awarded to opposition.

Deliberately don't disclose 60 players contracts for 14 years to the football authoritied and lie to HMRC.

Then try (not very hard in attempting to either) to prove a non rule re sporting integrity / advantage when the key focus should whether registered properly.

Don't challenge 'imperfect registration' as you don't know what you haven't been told.

Couldn't make it up.

That's their defence.

However, it completely ducks the improperly registered players aspect. Teams have been kicked out the cup for improperly registering one player. The Huns whole team was improperly registered for years.

The semantic shift to "imperfectly" registered is a smokescreen. It is a binary concept. You have either properly registered your player, or you have not.

The precident is that you get kicked out the competition for not registering all your players correctly. The SFA/SPFL cannot now bring in a sliding scale of how imperfectly players are registered to suit their agenda.

John Findlay

I would strip them of all trophies won during the cheating years. Then this version of them would be punted out the league. Unfortunately I'm not in charge.

Edited by John Findlay

I assume, this one.

https://johnjamessite.com/2017/07/18/the-anatomy-of-a-cover-up/

Interesting reading.

So.

Basically then.

Having EBT's = Unfair competitive advantage

Not telling the SPL/SFA that Rangers were using EBT's = No unfair advantage because it would have been the same if they HAD told the SPL/SFA about using them anyway

WTF?  :err:

Toxteth O'Grady

SPFL Board nominees. Will be voted at the AGM on 24 July.

DFG2NOTXYAU-I5L.jpg

What are the odds?

...a bit disco

SPFL Board nominees. Will be voted at the AGM on 24 July.

DFG2NOTXYAU-I5L.jpg

Or, as Level 5 the Daily Record puts it...

Rangers on verge of place on SPFL board as Celtic chief Peter Lawwell decides against standing for re-election http://dlyr.ec/oQA1be 

Edited by ...a bit disco

AllyjamboDerbyshire

What I find so ridiculous in McKenzie's reasoning is that he seems to be suggesting that payments made outwith a players contract are only a problem if tax is payable on them. I can see no difference between paying by EBTs, taxable or not, and handing over envelopes stuffed with cash. Indeed, add in the fact that the money made it's way into the player's hands via an offshore account, and it becomes even more like the shenanigans at FIFA.

The simple fact is that Rangers made payments to players they should not have made under the rules of Scottish football, the fact it was part of a tax dodge only makes it worse.

Or, as Level 5 the Daily Record puts it...

Daily Record Sport?Verified account @Record_Sport 32s33 seconds ago

More

Rangers on verge of place on SPFL board as Celtic chief Peter Lawwell decides against standing for re-election http://dlyr.ec/oQA1be

I wonder why Celtic are not putting forward any representation!

Are they content that the chairman is in their back pocket already?

Company secretary forges to double sign a form for a team sheet, game awarded to opposition.

Deliberately don't disclose 60 players contracts for 14 years to the football authoritied and lie to HMRC.

Then try (not very hard in attempting to either) to prove a non rule re sporting integrity / advantage when the key focus should whether registered properly.

Don't challenge 'imperfect registration' as you don't know what you haven't been told.

Couldn't make it up.

I'm not being an arse but I take it you mean 'forgets' rather than 'forges'?

It really is beyond a joke. The media should be shouting this from the rooftops.

I'm not being an arse but I take it you mean 'forgets' rather than 'forges'?

It really is beyond a joke. The media should be shouting this from the rooftops.

Don't worry, Richard Gordon and the Sportsound team will be all over it.....

• Maple Leaf locked this topic