The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

not really, what we the actual paymasters in this game deserve is the rules to be adhered to by all and not on a selective basis. no excuse is acceptable when the games integrity is at stake, no matter how transparent it is.

Yes. 100%. Wednesday is going to be interesting on a number of counts.

Supporters of all clubs will be made a total erse of if this is swept under the carpet. Smug appearances to follow on tv and radio from Derek johnstone, Gordon Smith etal... Im not being made an erse off . Big tin hat on time... I wont go to another Scottish football match again. Yes dummy is out the pram and all the other insults that go with it. But seriously ... what is the point ?!

Escobar PHM

I'll wait and see before I go diving in.

Okay, you do that. I'll speculate and discuss possible outcomes if you don't mind

Footballfirst

RTC is tweeting that the initial steps for seeking a Judicial Review have already started.

RTC is tweeting that the initial steps for seeking a Judicial Review have already started.

Good

Even if titles can't be stripped, let's see how we got here, why stuff left out, not provided and the key roles of Doncaster, Regan, Bryson, Murray, Dickson, Brain McClelland and so on.

Glamorgan Jambo

Good.

I half expect tomorrow's announcement from the SPFL to include some sort of review of the process used for the Nimmo Smith commission. Not in the interests of justice or even sporting integrity but more as protection for Doncaster and co from the coming Judicial Review process.

Escobar PHM

RTC ?

well for all those who thought, players not playing because of a mysterious flu, Crombie not giving an early pen for the foul on clark and celtic getting the required amount of goals STANK.....tomorrow is  they "D" (id cheat) DAY

As controversial as it sounds (tin hat on time) I would be happy to cancel my direct debit and use it to fund the review request. I want them punished, or at the very least have titles removed for the years that I Sat in the stands supporting Hearts whilst rangers were allowed to breach the rules and regulations for their own gain, I'm not asking for financial compensation I'm only asking for the sfa to do the right thing for once. AB if your paying attention then grow a set and make your voice known otherwise the game is well and truly up the pole and pointless.

will Robertson of rangers step down when committee meet or will he be fighting rangers no surrender corner, AB if you dont do the right thing then

you will lose my respect and I would think the respect of a lot of supporters, possibly some foh donations.

Mark_Mywords

Was this 5 way agreement the reason why the LNS inquiry was only to examine the registration of players, nothing else?  If that document is legit, no wonder the SFA was so quick to dismiss any further action regarding the LNS decision.

Everyone that signed that agreement should get out of Scottish football for good.

My statement above was as a general comment and in no way would I wish to harm Hearts. As a contributor though I am also entitled to my opinion and I generally feel quite peeved at the deafening silence from our club in this matter. I'm annoyed for all those times I left a game after watching our team get outplayed by a different quality of player that has now been shown to have been registered incorrectly and against the regulations.

This whole situation will most likely be swept under the carpet and we will be treated like mugs who will just be expected to shush and move on, yet the amount of times over the last 15 years we have had the book thrown at us for irrelevant and menial things is embarrassing so forgive me for being a little bitter about it all.

All I wanted was for our club to come out and make some sort of statement to express our disappointment in what happened and how the court ruling has shown TCFKAR, in fact, did break the rules and cheated every other club and fan of the other teams over that tainted decade......... But nothing.

The club has been quick enough to make statements in the past about incidents and issues however to me it seems like our owners desperation to be sat at the big table means we no longer have a backbone. How many of us rejoiced at AB's inclusion onto the board thinking she may change the same old same old crap we've had to put up with for decades yet the first opportunity to stand up and have a voice.......... Nothing.

I don't really care whether other people on here think my opinion is skewed as that is their opinion and they are entitled to it but carries no more weight than mine. I just want our club to get off the fence on this occasion and represent the majority of the fans who feel disgust in the way this has been dealt with.......yet nothing.

vlad would have done the right thing why not ab just because she is one of us does not mean she is above criticism

buzzbomb1958

The crooks and cheats will prevail,the wagons have been circled as the crooked SFA know ,what can football fans do,absolutely naff all they know they don't answer to no one never have never will.They think football fans are thick as shite

The crooks and cheats will prevail,the wagons have been circled as the crooked SFA know ,what can football fans do,absolutely naff all they know they don't answer to no one never have never will.They think football fans are thick as shite

There is something the fans can do. But they won't do it.

Great news and probably the best that could happen - as a first step. Assuming this goes ahead (any link available as to who funding etc ?) then it cannot be swept under the carpet as this will be coming from a  court of law and not via a SFA/SPFL appointed lackey who was directed to find the way he did by the very constricted view and timeline imposed on him. 

The "LNS enquiry" sounds grand , it almost implies some legal authority  but it is thoroughly discredited and worthless now and should be consigned to the waste paper bin. 

Let's keep the faith : Lance Armstrong seemed impregnable at one time but he was caught, had his titles stripped and is now facing a $100 million lawsuit from the US govt

I'm glad I'm so far from Edinburgh and have so little time for football these days because otherwise it would make me face up to a difficult decision : am I going to continue with FOH with a view to owning a club where so many of the fans just don't seem to care about what went on , the ongoing bias and protection of the most corruptly run football club in the history of Scottish football by the ruling elite in Glasgow. 

This place goes into meltdown about cheating refs and yet the biggest sporting scandal in UK history seems to be too much for some folk to contemplate. 

Why put your money into a football club that is going to get ****ed over by the SFA etc at any given opportunity ? 

Edited by 269miles

Footballfirst

RTC's recent tweets

Rangers Tax-Case? @rangerstaxcase

• To those asking when and where they can donate to fund a Judicial Review, some patience and faith. People are working on it. 1/x
  • There are planning steps that those who will be driving this need to take. We will know more very shortly.
  • We will all learn more very shortly, but if there is any viable path forward, I am certain that it will be taken. Get your spare cash ready!
  • There will be legal action or a full explanation of why not. This will be our chance to act.
  • My admiration for those toiling behind the scenes to bring legal scrutiny on the maladministration of Scottish football is enormous.

RTC's recent tweets

• To those asking when and where they can donate to fund a Judicial Review, some patience and faith. People are working on it. 1/x
  • There are planning steps that those who will be driving this need to take. We will know more very shortly.
  • We will all learn more very shortly, but if there is any viable path forward, I am certain that it will be taken. Get your spare cash ready!
  • There will be legal action or a full explanation of why not. This will be our chance to act.
  • My admiration for those toiling behind the scenes to bring legal scrutiny on the maladministration of Scottish football is enormous.

Much appreciated. Just having a look at TSFM now - haven't been on the board for a long time. 

Wait and see what statement comes out tomorrow.

There could be a lot of angry fans/supporters.

The last time this happened was when they tried to shoehorn Rangers back into the SPL, then the Championship.

Supporters hold the ultimate power.

As an aside, that smug photo of Chris McLaughlin on his BBC bluenose propaganda page is so :Icky:   

Escobar PHM

Wait and see what statement comes out tomorrow.

There could be a lot of angry fans/supporters.

The last time this happened was when they tried to shoehorn Rangers back into the SPL, then the Championship.

Supporters hold the ultimate power.

The power is in the willingness to use the power though. Not sure if there is a widespread feeling that would see a mass movement protest type thing, such as boycotting your own teams home Rangers fixtures (because that's probably what it would take)

To which the others replied. Who gives a toss what the fans think. They are at the very bottom of the food chain even if they supply plenty of food for that said chain.

I sincerely hope if Ann delivers the statemen on Wednesday at the end her last words are and I now submit my resignation.

If she resigned the sh#t would really hit the fan. The media outside of Scotland would be all over a woman shaking up the old boys network.

The power is in the willingness to use the power though. Not sure if there is a widespread feeling that would see a mass movement protest type thing, such as boycotting your own teams home Rangers fixtures (because that's probably what it would take)

Going to the football is getting more expensive each year.  I think the last time the fans spoke to their clubs, when they tried to shoehorn Rangers back in, were serious about stopping going.  The clubs are nothing without the fans.  We don't get huge amounts of cash up here for just being in the league.

Would you continue to pay money for something that is quite clearly a fix, or a stitch up?

John Findlay

If she resigned the sh#t would really hit the fan. The media outside of Scotland would be all over a woman shaking up the old boys network.

Alas they wouldn't. Sadly the media outside of Scotland couldn't give a flying one about Scottish football.

I P Knightley

Just for some light reading, a "Charlotte Fakes" document from July 2012 which purports to be the SPL's undertaking to Sevco Scotland re the 5 way agreement.  It could be the basis of legal advice that no further action can be taken.

attachicon.gif2012-07 SPL undertaking re 5 way agreement - Copy.pdf

"We'll put you in the witness protection programme but you've got to promise to keep schtumm."

Looks like it's saying that none of the sins of the (now deceased) father can be visited on the son - creating a legal distinction between the old and new clubs.

Doesn't say anything about going after Rangers and righting the wrongs of that club. Just that Sevco won't be penalised for Rangers' EBT mis-management. 

"We'll put you in the witness protection programme but you've got to promise to keep schtumm."

Looks like it's saying that none of the sins of the (now deceased) father can be visited on the son - creating a legal distinction between the old and new clubs.

Doesn't say anything about going after Rangers and righting the wrongs of that club. Just that Sevco won't be penalised for Rangers' EBT mis-management. 

indeed, it was rangers that won the trophies not newco

Francis Albert

Alas they wouldn't. Sadly the media outside of Scotland couldn't give a flying one about Scottish football.

The best coverage of the Ranges saga was on Channel 4 and in Private Eye. It is the Scottish media that doesn't give a flying one ... or rather gives a flying one about just two Scottish clubs.

All other clubs now know, that these title wins are baseless nul and void. I'm not making a big thing of it myself.

Where one other club would disagree with me, I can understand Celtic wanting to gather up all these dubious trophies.  But I do not care about that.

I doubt Wednesday will bring much of interest.

RTC's recent tweets

Some are so gullible..simply being led by Celtic fans and the Green Brigade followers with a few hangers on from

Aberdeen. Are the donations for a holiday for those involved in this RTC clique ?

I thought you were Hearts fans but your club loyalty has been forgotten about in the rush to join the condemnation and in hope you'll be telling the world 'I told you so'.. perhaps this will make you feel better about yourselves.

In reality you are just lap dogs at the feet of Celtic fans with a few assorted hangers on.

Both clubs of what as known as the old firm have a history which constantly disappoints the majority of football fans

but some on here are disappointing our club.

What's worse you can't even tell us what the end game is.. just what do you want to see happen ? what will satisfy this little band of warriors ?

You won't even discuss the role Stuart Milne played in the Scottish football set up with his failure to vote for a

change to the football structure in this country...and all because it does not suit the story you want portrayed.

What's worse is trying to drag our club and owner into this debacle when she was never involved in any decisions in the first place just to try and gather support for a cause that is so meaningless and really does not matter a jot to the MAJORITY of non old firm football fans in Scotland.

Diadora Van Basten

Some are so gullible..simply being led by Celtic fans and the Green Brigade followers with a few hangers on from

Aberdeen. Are the donations for a holiday for those involved in this RTC clique ?

I thought you were Hearts fans but your club loyalty has been forgotten about in the rush to join the condemnation and in hope you'll be telling the world 'I told you so'.. perhaps this will make you feel better about yourselves.

In reality you are just lap dogs at the feet of Celtic fans with a few assorted hangers on.

Both clubs of what as known as the old firm have a history which constantly disappoints the majority of football fans

What's worse you can't even tell us what the end game is.. just what do you want to see happen ? what will satisfy this little band of warriors ?

You won't even discuss the role Stuart Milne played in the Scottish football set up with his failure to vote for a

change to the football structure in this country...and all because it does not suit the story you want portrayed.

What's worse is trying to drag our club and owner into this debacle when she was never involved in any decisions in the first place just to try and gather support for a cause that is so meaningless and really does not matter a jot to the MAJORITY of non old firm football fans in Scotland.

Old firm apologist type post! Get them stripped :)

RTC's recent tweets

Rangers Tax-Case? @rangerstaxcase

'You can donate', 'Get your spare cash ready'

Calm down!  Why do you get so worked up about fans seeking a proper investigation into this matter.  If you are right Sevco/Rangers has nothing to fear from a Judicial Review. IMO  I suspect that a Judicial Review would go very badly for all the cosnspiraotors in this whole saga.

Calm down!  Why do you get so worked up about fans seeking a proper investigation into this matter.  If you are right Sevco/Rangers has nothing to fear from a Judicial Review. IMO  I suspect that a Judicial Review would go very badly for all the cosnspiraotors in this whole saga.

I'd say the guys post was very calm. And measured.

The problem is, many are blinded by hatred. Still donate to that headcase all you wish.

'You can donate', 'Get your spare cash ready'

whatever gets donated, it'll be more than you lot gave to save your club seeing as you all chose to sit back and watch them die.

thats right rangers died, nothing left but a poor sevco imitation with a bunch of zombies following because its the same colours

Toxteth O'Grady

If you don't care that you were conned watching cheats win for years while spending good money following your team then bash on. It isn't for me and I will chuck Scottish football completely unless the titles gained in the EBT years are stripped. I don't expect the titles to be awarded to anyone else. The real lap dugs are people like you that will put up with whatever crap the SFA and SPFL decide to serve us for the purpose of promoting 2 clubs to the disadvantage of all others.

whatever gets donated, it'll be more than you lot gave to save your club seeing as you all chose to sit back and watch them die.

thats right rangers died, nothing left but a poor sevco imitation with a bunch of zombies following because its the same colours

That's nice dear.

Angry Haggis

RTC's recent tweets

Interesting. Keeping my financial powder dry until the right group step forward with a clear plan. What's another few quid against what's already been spent supporting my team in a rigged game.

I'd say the guys post was very calm. And measured.

The problem is, many are blinded by hatred. Still donate to that headcase all you wish.

Nothing to do with hatred - lots to do with fairness

That's nice dear.

yip, it is. would like to debate the death more, but my team is playing, they have a great old history, the un-purchased type, you won't be familiar with that but they deserve my attention now, unlike your team, who seem to not have a game and dont seem to hold much interest for you hence you hanging about on another teams board, you can take the mini huns with you when you leave.

John Findlay

The best coverage of the Ranges saga was on Channel 4 and in Private Eye. It is the Scottish media that doesn't give a flying one ... or rather gives a flying one about just two Scottish clubs.

Those two are uk wide.

You won't get anything in the English versions of any newspapers.

Blackford Hearts

Wait a minute, you don't know that.

There's a committee of 3, one of them being The Rangers who presumably can't vote?

Have I missed something?

If it says this, surely it follows that none of the honours won by the father should accrue to the son - creating a distinction between the old and new clubs.

So do you think that it was right and fair that oldco cheated all of Scottish football for over 10 years?  Do you think it is right, just and fair that Sevco were and still are treated preferentially compared to Gretna and  Airdrie regarding liquidation or Spartans and East Stirlingshire for fielding ineligible players?

Do you think it was unfair and wrong that Lance Armstrong was stripped of his Tour De France titles?  Or that Ben Johnson was stripped of his gold medal?

I P Knightley

That's exactly the same sort of chat (minus a fair amount of foul language and sectarianism) that appears on the rangers discussion boards. 

Having a go at things that have happened at Ibrox? You're either a died-in-the-wool Celtic fan or you're a timpathising hanger on. 

Sure, Celtic supporters' approach to this will be coloured by the rivalry across the city but if you take off your green & white (or blue, white & red) blinkers, you'd see the bigger picture.

If this was a tax dodge or a failure to comply with regulations committed by a healthcare company that had led to them having an unfair advantage at the expense of the NHS, you can bet your bottom dollar that there would be a judicial inquiry.

When Google, Starbucks & others' nefarious tax dealings are forced into the public eye, it leads to pressure to reform.

This cover up and complicity affects everyone interested in the Scottish game. The time is ripe to deal with it now. One doesn't need to be a catholic to see that and want a more level playing field. 

As Hearts supporters, our loudest voice (at present) is our club's representatives in the meetings and panels discussing this. Why would it matter whether Budge was involved in the decisions in the first place? As a key voice in the governance of the game, she should be looking to identify points of failure and making recommendations to put them right. Doesn't matter what they are or how long they've gone on for. 

Don't dismiss it as people being disloyal to Hearts. If you were loyal to Hearts, you'd be wanting the game's governance to recognise that there's an opportunity to improve the way the game is run for the benefit of all rather than prepare to watch another 50 years of 'one rule for them 2, another for the rest'. 

If you were loyal to Rangers, you'd come into a discussion like this and, more or less, tell the wee, noisy Hearts fans to shut up and accept their lot.

And wtf does Stewart Milne have to do with this saga? Deflection. Sad.

That's exactly the same sort of chat (minus a fair amount of foul language and sectarianism) that appears on the rangers discussion boards. 

Having a go at things that have happened at Ibrox? You're either a died-in-the-wool Celtic fan or you're a timpathising hanger on. 

Sure, Celtic supporters' approach to this will be coloured by the rivalry across the city but if you take off your green & white (or blue, white & red) blinkers, you'd see the bigger picture.

If this was a tax dodge or a failure to comply with regulations committed by a healthcare company that had led to them having an unfair advantage at the expense of the NHS, you can bet your bottom dollar that there would be a judicial inquiry.

When Google, Starbucks & others' nefarious tax dealings are forced into the public eye, it leads to pressure to reform.

This cover up and complicity affects everyone interested in the Scottish game. The time is ripe to deal with it now. One doesn't need to be a catholic to see that and want a more level playing field. 

As Hearts supporters, our loudest voice (at present) is our club's representatives in the meetings and panels discussing this. Why would it matter whether Budge was involved in the decisions in the first place? As a key voice in the governance of the game, she should be looking to identify points of failure and making recommendations to put them right. Doesn't matter what they are or how long they've gone on for. 

Don't dismiss it as people being disloyal to Hearts. If you were loyal to Hearts, you'd be wanting the game's governance to recognise that there's an opportunity to improve the way the game is run for the benefit of all rather than prepare to watch another 50 years of 'one rule for them 2, another for the rest'. 

If you were loyal to Rangers, you'd come into a discussion like this and, more or less, tell the wee, noisy Hearts fans to shut up and accept their lot.

And wtf does Stewart Milne have to do with this saga? Deflection. Sad.

Indeed.

... except your paragraph about private healthcare v the NHS.

That's what the Tories have been planning on implementing for years.

Before he became Health Secretary, Jeremy *unt wrote a book on how to dismantle the NHS.

Ignoring this is why Davies, McCurry (v. Dundee United) more recently involving us Beaton and Stevenson are quite happy to make up inexcusable er, honest flick ups

And some of the Celtic ones too of course.

Edited by DETTY29

Another Robbo

Spfl say they have no legal powers to further discipline Rangers over EBTs. but supports calls for an independent review into Scottish footballs actions and processes.

Francis Albert

Those two are uk wide.

You won't get anything in the English versions of any newspapers.

That they are both UK wide and based outside Scotland was precisely my point. The Rangers story was and still is widely reported in the English versions of newspapers. It is not as big as story as in Scotland of course but the reporting has (except when they use Scottish based reporters like Roddy Forsyth) pretty straight, with none of the Scottish media's tip-toeing around for fear of seeming pro-Celtic.

Remember BBC Scotland sent a reporter and camera crew to Bosnia-Herzegovena to report (with sinister mood music) on Vlad supposedly stealing from Bosnian pensioners by (legal) tax avoidance. Has there been an equivalent documentary hatchet job on David Murray's (illegal) tax evasion?

I P Knightley

... except your paragraph about private healthcare v the NHS.

That's what the Tories have been planning on implementing for years.

Before he became Health Secretary, Jeremy *unt wrote a book on how to dismantle the NHS.

Too true. It was an example created on the hoof; I wasn't prepared to give too much thought to a response to that pile of pish from CJGJ.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic