The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

I had hoped that Mrs Budge would have been a breath of fresh air inside the SPFL. I'll wait and see what comes out on Wednesday. However, I hope that we don't get more condescending nonsense. The facts are plain - Rangers cheated to gain sporting advantage and having been found out people inside the SFA and the SPL at the time moved to ensure that they would not be punished. Anywhere else there would be a load of sackings and resignations over this. Not here though. Why?

I was hoping Ann would be a breath of fresh air for Scottish football in this job too.

It will be interesting to see the decisions made for Wednesday's announcement.

Can't wait for the Gers fans to boycott Tynie.

That lot boycotting Tynecastle AND getting pumped by us would be just too delicious.

Boycott? More chance of me winning the EuroMillions.

The lodge masonic knuckle dragging bigot glory hunters who live in the East will still be there supporting their Third Lanark esq team.

That lot boycotting Tynecastle AND getting pumped by us would be just too delicious.

Boycott? More chance of me winning the EuroMillions.

The lodge masonic knuckle dragging bigot glory hunters who live in the East will still be there supporting their Third Lanark esq team.

Whilst I agree with your sentiment your "masonic" comment is way off the mark!....Probably as many, if not more Masons support teams outwith the bigots.....You'll find the majority of Masons to be decent law abiding, non sectarian types.....Just thought I'd set the record straight.  

Edited by Hashimoto

Whilst I agree with your sentiment your "masonic" comment is way off the mark!....Probably as many, if not more Masons support teams outwith the bigots.....You'll find the majority of Masons to be decent law abiding, non sectarian types.....Just thought I'd set the record straight.  

isn't the mason,s set up to circumvent the normal law's, getting off with driving charges etc etc, nudge nudge wink wink

Geoff Kilpatrick

Can't wait for the Gers fans to boycott Tynie.

Mars plastic will be devastated.

Budge can't unilaterally decide things.

She's part of a committee/board.

she's putting her face up as the focal point to the deception. which happened before her involvement in football. she should be telling them to do one and get one of those responsible for the decisions to face up. she shouldn't be giving some form of respectability to this charade.

lets have Doncaster and regan try to sell this pish to us all.

The Real Maroonblood

Budge can't unilaterally decide things.

She's part of a committee/board.

Fair enough but surely outwith the committee as the owner of Hearts she can make a statement on the cheats.

Fair enough but surely outwith the committee as the owner of Hearts she can make a statement on the cheats.

lawell did

lawell did

... and resigned from their committee. As I said before, pretty sure he plans to piss into the tent from the outside..

Who is this 'we' you speak about ?........don't you mean you ? or are you part of the royal family ?

He/She refers to those of us who are not Rangers lickspittles.

I suspect there are more of 'us' than there are of 'you'.

Edited by Pistol1874

... and resigned from their committee. As I said before, pretty sure he plans to piss into the tent from the outside..

he made the comment then jumped ship to avoid having to front it up, I feel ann has been manipulated into this position.

Francis Albert

The problem is that the board no doubt applies a strict confidentialty code on its discussions and this inevitably restricts Ann's ability to comment freely. To reverse LBJ's dictum already alluded to Ann might well add more value outside the tent pissing in than inside the tent pissing out. Edited by Francis Albert

the jambo poet

I believe their hands are tied. The 5 way agreement seen to that. While they can condem them etc not a lot else can be done legally.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

I believe their hands are tied. The 5 way agreement seen to that. While they can condem them etc not a lot else can be done legally.

So let me get this right. A 5 way agreement was put in place to allow Rangers in to a league the had no right to be in as it gave them an unfair advantage. It now turns out that this agreement wasn't to keep them on a tight leash but in fact put in place to BENEFIT them?

****ing disgrace and if Ann doesn't push for reform she's just as complicit.

Sack them all.

Escobar PHM

I was hoping Ann would be a breath of fresh air for Scottish football in this job too.

It will be interesting to see the decisions made for Wednesday's announcement.

Obviously we wait for the official statement, but, if Ann Budge has supported a decision to cover up cheating she just became part of the corrupt football establishment. If she didn't support the decision but its happening anyway, she should resign from the corrupt board in protest.

I believe a 'no action' statement will mobilise thousands of football fans throughout the country into taking action which will result in the correct decision being finally arrived at. I'd rather Ann Budge was on our side of the fence, but if she's a part of the problem now, so be it.

As I said first though, lets see what the statement says.

If the clubs really wanted to, they would all resign from the SFA/SPFL en masse and set up a new association.

Never going to happen.

Escobar PHM

The problem is that the board no doubt applies a strict confidentialty code on its discussions and this inevitably restricts Ann's ability to comment freely. To reverse LBJ's dictum already alluded to Ann might well add more value outside the tent pissing in than inside the tent pissing out.

You're assuming Ann is pro-stripping then ?

Escobar PHM

If the clubs really wanted to, they would all resign from the SFA/SPFL en masse and set up a new association.

Never going to happen.

The vast majority of clubs, our own included it seems, have zero appetite for title stripping, in fact they would rather the whole thing just went away. Only fan pressure will change this ludicrous situation. Only fan pressure stopped them allowing Rangers straight back into the SPL in the first place.

Francis Albert

You're assuming Ann is pro-stripping then ?

it was a general point. If she can't or won't say we will never know on this and other board decisions and discussions.

Francis Albert

The vast majority of clubs, our own included it seems, have zero appetite for title stripping, in fact they would rather the whole thing just went away. Only fan pressure will change this ludicrous situation. Only fan pressure stopped them allowing Rangers straight back into the SPL in the first place.

fan pressure fuelled a bit by one outsider owner who very publicly called it right

Bazzas right boot

There s no stomach for it.

All the club's had to agree that a review vwas needed in light of the new decision a week ago.

However, Aberdeen and I think Killie have already said, let's move on.

No point in Hearts, Celtic, utd, hibs chasing it, it just looks like a witch hunt.

If all the club's agreed then it would be viewed as a pursuit of justice, fairness and sporting integrity.

The truth is , clubs don't want to be seen to be choosing a side. Tragic stuff as it is clearly about sporting integrity, but in Scotland it's Celtic v Rangers, Catholic v prodostant, loyalist v nationalist.

The country is a basket case, the Footballing world in Scotland sums it up.

No progress can be made because folk don't want to be seen as being on the"wrong" side even when the issue has nothing to do with the bull shite.

Our clubs can't agree on the colour of shite. Aberdeen taking the tag of cowards to a new level.

Shambles, I am unlikely to ever go to a national football game again if this stands and in all honesty will question following Scottish football at all over the longer term, really will.

On the back of this and if Celtic piss the next few years at some time, I'll ask, what's the point?

Edited by Rudi'sleftfoot

a wee brush campaign would be funny as well as poignant, a few thousand old brush heads lying outside hampden in the post, for their disposal would get a headline

Escobar PHM

it was a general point. If she can't or won't say we will never know on this and other board decisions and discussions.

Can we assume that if she is the spokeswoman presenting a 'no action' stance that she personally supported it, or can we suggest that she is, at best, hypocritical if she didn't support it. She is in a no win situation here with the fan base if there is a 'no action' statement that she is a part of.

Escobar PHM

There s no stomach for it.

All the club's had to agree that a review vwas needed in light of the new decision a week ago.

However, Aberdeen and I think Killie have already said, let's move on.

No point in Hearts, Celtic, utd, hibs chasing it, it just looks like a witch hunt.

If all the club's agreed then it would be viewed as a pursuit of justice, fairness and sporting integrity.

The truth is , clubs don't want to be seen to be choosing a side. Tragic stuff as it is clearly about sporting integrity, but in Scotland it's Celtic v Rangers, Catholic v prodostant, loyalist v nationalist.

The country is a basket case, the Footballing world in Scotland sums it up.

No progress can be made because folk don't want to be seen as being on the"wrong" side even when the issue has nothing to do with the bull shite.

Our clubs can't agree on the colour of shite. Aberdeen taking the tag of cowards to a new level.

Shambles, I am unlikely to ever go to a national football game again if this stands and in all honesty will question following Scottish football at all over the longer term, really will.

On the back of this and if Celtic piss the next few years at some time, I'll ask, what's the point?

Did the clubs vote on this recently ? I must have missed that. I thought this was an SPFL board decision, not one that had to be voted on by all clubs. If there was a vote, how did we vote I wonder ?

Edited by Escobar PHM

Can we assume that if she is the spokeswoman presenting a 'no action' stance that she personally supported it, or can we suggest that she is, at best, hypocritical if she didn't support it. She is in a no win situation here with the fan base if there is a 'no action' statement that she is a part of.

Cabinet responsibility - Budge may disagree, but if the point is carried she either puts up or resigns.

i would imagine it is in our best interests for her to remain.

a wee brush campaign would be funny as well as poignant, a few thousand old brush heads lying outside hampden in the post, for their disposal would get a headline

Great idea. Good way to get rid of old pieces of carpet too.

Francis Albert

yes of course. It is why i said she would have been well advised to remain outside the tent trying to persuade other of the less neanderthal owners chairmen and fans that things need to change. I suspect other board members view her as a johnny come lately (worse still jilly come lately) to football administration who doesn't belong there. (Assuming of course she has any appetite to change. Would be interesting to know the foh boards view) Edited by Francis Albert

The Real Maroonblood

The Sfa & Spl were part of the cover up with the 5WA, the last thing they want is any new enquiry that would divulge their complicity in it for all to see.

It's sweep sweep time again & the gullible fans will just have to accept a decade of cheating. Scottish football needs a strong rangers after all, so remember to tug your forelock & know your place as your being shafted.

Sad but true.

Escobar PHM

Cabinet responsibility - Budge may disagree, but if the point is carried she either puts up or resigns.

I think if we (as a club) are dissenting on this, Ann Budge should do the honourable thing and pull out. We're not going to want to be part of the fall out from this. Time to pick a side and stand firmly behind it.

Escobar PHM

yes of course. It is why i said she would have been well advised to remain outside the tent trying to persuade other of the less neanderthal owners chairmen and fans that things need to change. I suspect other board members view her as a johnny come lately (worse still jilly come lately) to football administration who doesn't belong there. (Assuming of course she has any appetite to change. Would be interesting to know the foh boards view)

Yes my first thought was that she had been 'duped' into fronting this up. I hope at the very least, during the discussion, she stood up and said' You know the fans wont stand for this for a minute don't you ?"

John Findlay

Yes my first thought was that she had been 'duped' into fronting this up. I hope at the very least, during the discussion, she stood up and said' You know the fans wont stand for this for a minute don't you ?"

To which the others replied. Who gives a toss what the fans think. They are at the very bottom of the food chain even if they supply plenty of food for that said chain.

I sincerely hope if Ann delivers the statemen on Wednesday at the end her last words are and I now submit my resignation.

The Sfa & Spl were part of the cover up with the 5WA, the last thing they want is any new enquiry that would divulge their complicity in it for all to see.

It's sweep sweep time again & the gullible fans will just have to accept a decade of cheating. Scottish football needs a strong rangers after all, so remember to tug your forelock & know your place as your being shafted.

the situation has changed now, the clubs are the same but their in a new COMPANY now, I've never heard of an agreement that cannot be changed and this one wasn't agreed to by SPLAF, the SPL was a different COMPANY. they changed rules to punish us/Romanov retrospectively, there's no reason they cannot change agreements just as easy.

any excuse about legaly binding is just bullshit

Great idea. Good way to get rid of old pieces of carpet too.

there is also the more mundane, boycott Scotland games(which shouldn't be difficult) boycott sponsors mcdonalds(which again shouldn't be difficult)

Unfortunately I agree.

I would prefer if she resigned but that could be cutting our nose off to spite our face for the future.

Reasonable people will understand this and repercussions against her will not be an issue.

Escobar PHM

To which the others replied. Who gives a toss what the fans think. They are at the very bottom of the food chain even if they supply plenty of food for that said chain.

I sincerely hope if Ann delivers the statemen on Wednesday at the end her last words are and I now submit my resignation.

I think there will be an across the board fan response to this. Whether its enough to make a difference is open to question. A boycott of Rangers matches would send a message. Unlikely to be that drastic of course but you have to think there are strong feelings out there about this.

Escobar PHM

Unfortunately I agree.

I would prefer if she resigned but that could be cutting our nose off to spite our face for the future.

Reasonable people will understand this and repercussions against her will not be an issue.

There wont be repercussions against her. Its just very very sad that we got someone like her onto the board. Someone with vision and ideas and honesty, and she's capitulated and fallen in line with the old boy network before she's even had a shite in the place.

There wont be repercussions against her. Its just very very sad that we got someone like her onto the board. Someone with vision and ideas and honesty, and she's capitulated and fallen in line with the old boy network before she's even had a shite in the place.

Wait a minute, you don't know that.

I think it would be wise to wait and see what Wednesday brings before coming to that conclusion.

Escobar PHM

Wait a minute, you don't know that.

Don't know what ? If she voted for or against further action, or if she has been to the toilet at Hampden yet ?

Escobar PHM

I think it would be wise to wait and see what Wednesday brings before coming to that conclusion.

Yes I said that in my first post this morning. I was working on the assumption that the board she is part of and seems to be the spokesman for on this topic, has decided no further action.

Edited by Escobar PHM

She hasn't fallen in line yet, has she?  Would it not be wise to hold fire until we hear the statement/recommendations?

Yes I said that in my first post this morning. I was working on the assumption that the board she is part of and seems to be the spokesman for on this topic, has decided no further action.

Why don't you make a positive assumption?

Escobar PHM

Why don't you make a positive assumption?

On what basis ? Do you expect a positive outcome from this ? One that undoes some of the benefits achieved by serious cheating ?

Edited by Escobar PHM

On what basis ? Do you expect a positive outcome from this ? One that undoes some of the benefits achieved by serious cheating ?

I think that what ever the outcome what we, the fans deserve is a full and frank indication of the thinking behind the decision that they have made. Also if any decision has been taken on the basis of legal advice, I think we should be told the source of that advice. I also think we should also have a breakdown of who voted for what outcome.

Escobar PHM

I think that what ever the outcome what we, the fans deserve is a full and frank indication of the thinking behind the decision that they have made. Also if any decision has been taken on the basis of legal advice, I think we should be told the source of that advice. I also think we should also have a breakdown of who voted for what outcome.

I agree. What we're going to get will be the usual whitewash though.

not really, what we the actual paymasters in this game deserve is the rules to be adhered to by all and not on a selective basis. no excuse is acceptable when the games integrity is at stake, no matter how transparent it is.

I'll wait and see before I go diving in.

• Maple Leaf locked this topic