**The OFFICIAL Rugby World Cup Thread**

Ray Winstone

I didn't notice this actually, did we have a penalty advantage?

As far as I was aware, you can't kick away penalty advantage? If it's a scrum or free kick advantage and you kick the ball advantage is automatically over but I've definitely seen refs go back for a penalty after a drop goal is missed.

Incidentally, I also thought Argentina were offside from the ruck when Parks attempted the final drop goal.

Argentina's fly half was about 2 yards offside - referee and touch judges chose to ignore it for some reason....

Would have given us a kick infront of the posts to win the game.

Still :seething: to be honest.

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scotland team to play England

(15-9) Paterson, Evans, Ansbro, S Lamont, Danielli, Jackson, Blair

(1-8) Jacobsen, Ford, Murray, Gray, Kellock (capt), Strokosch, Barclay, Vernon

Subs: Lawson, Dickinson, Hines, Rennie, Cusiter, Parks, De Luca

Scotland team to play England

(15-9) Paterson, Evans, Ansbro, S Lamont, Danielli, Jackson, Blair

(1-8) Jacobsen, Ford, Murray, Gray, Kellock (capt), Strokosch, Barclay, Vernon

Subs: Lawson, Dickinson, Hines, Rennie, Cusiter, Parks, De Luca

I wouldn't have picked Jackson, Barclay or Kellock but it's irrelevant as we'll get horsed either way. The front 5 always performs better without Kellock.

I'm glad Ansbro is back, I would have played him against Argentina.

He's certainly picked a side to play it through the backs. Pretty brave of him but I suppose he's got to take the risk. I really don't want to be a winey pessimistic git but I really fear for us in this match. I fancy a humping from Englands backs.

watching South Africa scrape past Samoa, but what I'm wondering is, why is a Welshman refereeing such a game when the outcome of this match could have a direct implication on Wales' progress into the next round? A Samoan was red carded for thumping a South African, however the replay showed the South African had about 6 thumps at the 'Samoan' first, at a time when the Samoans were really pressuring the SA's too!

It was like that English **** Barnes getting the Scotland v Argentina game.

Just seems like bad planning.

*btw that's nowt against the English, I just think that particular ref is a knob! :D

The Old Tolbooth

watching South Africa scrape past Samoa, but what I'm wondering is, why is a Welshman refereeing such a game when the outcome of this match could have a direct implication on Wales' progress into the next round? A Samoan was red carded for thumping a South African, however the replay showed the South African had about 6 thumps at the 'Samoan' first, at a time when the Samoans were really pressuring the SA's too!

It was like that English **** Barnes getting the Scotland v Argentina game.

Just seems like bad planning.

*btw that's nowt against the English, I just think that particular ref is a knob! :D

I was thinking exactly the same, a decent ref would have penalised the Argies at the end of the game and awared Scotland a penalty which would have brought the win that I thought we deserved, but to have an Englishman in charge of such a game was a ludicrous decision, and I also thought that the Welsh ref today in charge of the S Africa v Samoa match should never have came about because Wales are in their group, wtf?

Onto tomorrows game and I think that Scotland will suffer from their own inability to score tries as usual, we were dire against Romania and Georgia, but got the job done, and are now suffering as a result of not nailing the bonus point against the Georgians (nowhere near it in fact!)

I think we'll be in the game with around 20-25 minutes to go, and then England will start scoring some points as a result of feeding off our usual handling errors and desperation to get points on the board, we need a couple of early scores to set us up, but seeing as the only country we've scored tries against is Romania, I see no other outcome than an England win.

The handicap betting is England -14 points, and I reckon that might be very close to the final difference, we're just not good enough, but at least Robinson has picked a more adventurous side, which will mean that it will either be a glorious failure (winning by 6 points and still going out), or a right thumping from the auld enemy, personally I'm not confident.

We can always hope for a Georgian win against the Argies though :D

The handicap betting is England -14 points, and I reckon that might be very close to the final difference, we're just not good enough, but at least Robinson has picked a more adventurous side, which will mean that it will either be a glorious failure (winning by 6 points and still going out), or a right thumping from the auld enemy, personally I'm not confident.

Not quite as big a handicap as that, all the bookies have 10-11pt margins http://bettingzone.oddschecker.com/rugby/rugby-union/rugby-world-cup/england-v-scotland/handicaps

France in trouble against Tonga. They're blowing up like their footie team did :D

Tonga have ben great! Better decision making near the try line and this could have been a destruction.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

The refereeing of that scrum was a joke but why France persevered with it for five minutes - only to the score in the corner - I'll never know

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Where does all this "this is going to be a tight game" pish come from.

England will win by 20 points at the very least.

The Old Tolbooth

Not quite as big a handicap as that, all the bookies have 10-11pt margins http://bettingzone.oddschecker.com/rugby/rugby-union/rugby-world-cup/england-v-scotland/handicaps

I was going by the guy on Talksport yesterday who represents Paddy Power mate, he was saying they've taken a few quid on England -14, so I wonder if they've cut the points as a result.

Where does all this "this is going to be a tight game" pish come from.

England will win by 20 points at the very least.

I wouldn't be surprised mate, although the scene is overwhelmingly set up for another Scottish glorious failure where we actually win the game by less than 8 points, England go through, and we go out and it feels like another defeat even although we've just beaten the English, it's the Scottish way! :(

shaun.lawson

Nervous. :sweat:

And excited. :thumbsup:

May the best team win, folks.

And failing that, may England win. :ninja:

The massive news this morning is that Dan Carter could be out for the rest of the tournament!

And his replacement wasn't too great in his last run out.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

The massive news this morning is that Dan Carter could be out for the rest of the tournament!

And his replacement wasn't too great in his last run out.

New Zealand's worst nightmare

England seem to be giving away a few penalties, as they have done in every other match. We have a chance as long as the kicking is good!

go on Dan. 6-0

Harry Palmer

Scrum from both is all over the place....

Even the judges don't know if it went over! :lol:

:yas:

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Its a shame there is not a try in this Scottish team or we would have a decent chance in this game and would already be in the next round.

The Old Tolbooth

I'll be amazed if Scotland can keep up this intensity for 80 minutes.

We can hope though.

My thoughts exactly!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

Archived