Riotwatch

Italian Lambretta

Nicholas Brody

'mon the rioters!

It's about time people started losing the plot about the fact that the economic collapses are going to have a dreadful impact on them. I know that these are hoodies and neds, but screw it, if it means we have civil disobedience all over the place then it's worth it. If people had jobs, security, education etc then they would be a lot less likely to lose the head and go on a looting spree in JJB sports.

As for all the Daily Mail readers on here hammering on about getting the army involved. Why? The Army's job isn't to stop folk kicking off in their own country.

And if someone dies?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Real Maroonblood

'mon the rioters!

It's about time people started losing the plot about the fact that the economic collapses are going to have a dreadful impact on them. I know that these are hoodies and neds, but screw it, if it means we have civil disobedience all over the place then it's worth it. If people had jobs, security, education etc then they would be a lot less likely to lose the head and go on a looting spree in JJB sports.

As for all the Daily Mail readers on here hammering on about getting the army involved. Why? The Army's job isn't to stop folk kicking off in their own country.

:symf:

southside1874

Why are they not targeting financial institutions or the government then?

Because its not organised, its spontaneous but it doesn't get away from the fact that they are pissed off. When the economy was booming and we all had jobs there wasn't any rioting.

I P Knightley

I didn't say the english are all arrogant but can I guess that you work for a financial institution??

So one guy gets shot in London and the rioting spreads to Leeds and Birmingham. Is this nothing to do with folk not having jobs or is it because one guy got shot in London??

I don't know how anything I've ever posted could lead you to that guess. You've got two more guesses then you're out.

Of course, the trouble (these are not riots, Jim put it perfectly above) has got very little to do with the gangster who was shot. That may have been the spark that started a bunch of folk gathering at Tottenham Cop Shop but the majority who have waded in are the same as the feckless neanderthal contingent of any football crowd; there's a wee bit ruck going on; they've got bog all else to do; so why not join in and take it to the next level.

If you really think that these people have been sitting around brooding about the inequity of the situation with our financial leaders taking home big buckets of undeserved cash and the consequences this has had on the funding of public services; then I suggest you're giving them too much credit.

It's simple: there's a ruck going on; they want a piece of it; and in the mayhem, they can get their hands on free stuff.

Juan Rom?n Riquelme

I've just seen footage of a Greggs on fire. I wasn't bothered about this but I'm ******* raging after that :seething:

Croydon on fire. Time for them to stop pussy footing about and get heavy handed on these criminals/opportunists. This has fk all to do with any protest.

Jail every last one of them and punish there families by making them pay for the damage.

'mon the rioters!

Yeah brilliant idea burn down homes and communities and shops that people have worked their lives trying to build and maintain

excellent oh and lets condone some violence on top of that.

There is no better solution really ?

As for the army if there is enough unrest and the police cant deal with it then the army will be involved like it or not.

This is scum using any opportunity to loot and cause mayhem they are not out to make a statement regarding their plight for education and employment.

Isn't it still legal for the police to shoot looters? If they're going on for another day like this then that's what has to happen. Would be a PR nightmare, but the police have to show these people that they don't **** around.

This Irish fella on BBC News is racist as **** laugh.gif

Actually the boy is brilliant he is seriously annoyed.

Breakin' Rocks

And if someone dies?

Eh. I think this is what has started this all of. The police shooting a young then claiming through the media that an officer was shot when in fact it was one of their own. London Has been a powder keg since death of Ian Tomlinson ?

Where is Dave to guide us through these troubled times ?

The Real Maroonblood

Croydon on fire. Time for them to stop pussy footing about and get heavy handed on these criminals/opportunists. This has fk all to do with any protest.

Jail every last one of them and punish there families by making them pay for the damage.

Agreed.

Lets kick some ass.

:thumbsup:

Craig Gordons Gloves

i'm loving the derision aimed at my post. Some of it was tongue in cheek, i do appreciate that people are losing jobs etc, i also appreciate that people in the estates/areas where these events take place are living in some of the most deprived areas in the UK and when there isn't much of a hope of things getting better then maybe, just maybe, people find an outlet to relieve the anger/helplessness they feel?

But hey, don't let an opposing opinion stop you.

Toxteth O'Grady

Because its not organised, its spontaneous but it doesn't get away from the fact that they are pissed off. When the economy was booming and we all had jobs there wasn't any rioting.

Wrecking peoples shops and homes in their local community is not going to help the economy or get them jobs.

Guest Ultraviolet Catastrophe

Yeah he was amazing but he let slip some comments though laugh.gif

I P Knightley

When are The Specials re-releasing Ghost Town?

The tune's being going on in my head all weekend.

As mentioned above - 30 years ago and I remember it vividly.

If they had him on video I reckon he'd have been a new Smeaton.

Nicholas Brody

Eh. I think this is what has started this all of. The police shooting a young then claiming through the media that an officer was shot when in fact it was one of their own. London Has been a powder keg since death of Ian Tomlinson ?

He was 29 :blink:

Juan Rom?n Riquelme

Isn't it still legal for the police to shoot looters? If they're going on for another day like this then that's what has to happen. Would be a PR nightmare, but the police have to show these people that they don't **** around.

I'm sure the police gunning down unarmed black men would really help the matter.

Thought he was good. Dunno why he felt it necessary to say the 90-year-old was "noice whoite woammun" but he was decent entertainment!

Same. laugh.gif

As I said, he was great, especially when he was telling that bloke not to walk down the street. Let the odd comment go though. laugh.gif

Carl Fredrickson

Does anyone else think that if the rioters wore football tops, the police would have had this sorted in about half an hour? :unsure:

i'm loving the derision aimed at my post. Some of it was tongue in cheek, i do appreciate that people are losing jobs etc, i also appreciate that people in the estates/areas where these events take place are living in some of the most deprived areas in the UK and when there isn't much of a hope of things getting better then maybe, just maybe, people find an outlet to relieve the anger/helplessness they feel?

please don't bleat about people shooting down your ridiculous opinion. when you choose to post an opinion, you take your chances whether people agree with it or not.

if you don't want criticism then the safest way is to keep your views to yourself.

cheers.

I've come up with a great way to show my annoyance at the police, government etc. I'm going to smash shop Windows and burn down buildings in the area I live and work in. That's a great idea.........oh wait, maybe not

I think most here have some sort of social conscience but there's no point applying sympathy to these acts on that basis when the chances of them actually doing it for these reasons are highly unlikely. Stop one of these kids and ask them why they're 'protesting' and what do you think they would say?

Raiding sports and electrical shops isn't expressing their displeasure with society - it's just plain old criminal damage and opportunistic theft.

Shame really, because the shooting of that man last week really now has nothing to do with it. They've muddied the waters around what is undoubtedly a serious issue and a cause for concern.

Anyway, where the hell does it all end? I'm glued to BBC News 24. AGAIN.

The Real Maroonblood

Don't need him as we are all in it to-gether.

I'm sure the police gunning down unarmed black men would really help the matter.

Clearly, but this is anarchy, and at some point you've got to put a stop to it. This is not about the shooting of a man carrying an illegal firearm, it's opportunism and it's putting many lives at risk.

How long are they allowed to carry on like this before they kill a family when they set fire to a building?

Same. laugh.gif

As I said, he was great, especially when he was telling that bloke not to walk down the street. Let the odd comment go though. laugh.gif

"Yeah she was a senile white old woman only in the pub for a cup of tea" laugh.gif

That and his "hey mate you cant go down there ......you cant go down there......ARE YOU SERIOUS YOUR STILL GOING DOWN THERE"

alwaysthereinspirit

the guy's bursd has just been on channel 4 news, and said...

"if he had a gun in his hand, why didn't they shoot him in the hand?"

:facepalm:

"Coming to a theatre near you"

" Sly Stallone as The Marksman"

"When death is a last resort"

"Call for The Marksman"

"Cat stuck in the tree"

"Call The Marksman"

Rated 13, some scenes may be unsuitable for small animals.

Carl Fredrickson

How long before they turn off all the social networking etc in London...

Cut off the communication and it'll slow down :ermm:

southside1874

I don't know how anything I've ever posted could lead you to that guess. You've got two more guesses then you're out.

Of course, the trouble (these are not riots, Jim put it perfectly above) has got very little to do with the gangster who was shot. That may have been the spark that started a bunch of folk gathering at Tottenham Cop Shop but the majority who have waded in are the same as the feckless neanderthal contingent of any football crowd; there's a wee bit ruck going on; they've got bog all else to do; so why not join in and take it to the next level.

If you really think that these people have been sitting around brooding about the inequity of the situation with our financial leaders taking home big buckets of undeserved cash and the consequences this has had on the funding of public services; then I suggest you're giving them too much credit.

It's simple: there's a ruck going on; they want a piece of it; and in the mayhem, they can get their hands on free stuff.

I'm not giving them any credit. I know that they are bored and probably fed up so they are joining in. So how the feck are the government going to put these folk to work in the near future while the banks have their nuts firmly in a vice?

Without having my head firmly in the sand. I'll stab a guess that the government knew this was coming and will deploy troops on the street in the not to distant future. Then as we have all been appalled at the troops shooting civillians in the middle east, we will think that its okay to do the same here.

The less educated seem to get shat on first when the economy starts to dwindle. We have folk in this country who would quite happily go to jail because its easier.

Folk didn't riot when there was jobs and every able bodied person wants to work. In England you loose your council house if you take a job so its not just a fact of taking a job, but also losing your house. What prospects do folk have??

Juan Rom?n Riquelme

Clearly, but this is anarchy, and at some point you've got to put a stop to it. This is not about the shooting of a man carrying an illegal firearm, it's opportunism and it's putting many lives at risk.

How long are they allowed to carry on like this before they kill a family when they set fire to a building?

I get what you're saying but you can't really go killing folk, that's taking it to a worse level than the ****** that have started all this shit.

Wouldn't mind the police just tear gassing them to **** though.

Don't need him as we are all in it to-gether.

Think this is what they had in mind with the Big Society? ermm.gif

Ummm...

Speaking of which, has our (ick) Prime Minister come home yet?

Fireman trying to tackle that blaze of burning furniture unbelievable !!!!!

Oh and Cameron now decides to return home for a COBRA meeting.......about bloody time too

Geoff Kilpatrick

COBRA meeting in the Downing Street bunker! :o

Anarchy in the UK! Quick, get Jeremy Kyle on 24/7 to get them off the streets!!!

Nicholas Brody

Is that your justification for the police to take his life ?

No, he had an illegal firearm and may have shot at the police :blink:

Riots co-ordinated by social media. Quite incredible when you think about it.

From Egypt to Croydon.

I P Knightley

It's too big a job for Dave.

Thankfully we've got Boris to come to the rescue.

Opposing opinion's a fair thing. Nobody's saying you can't have one. You have to admit, though, that you did put it rather crassly.

The crazy thing coming out of your argument is that, in protest at the situation they find themselves in in their deprived community, they decide to kick seven shades of shit out of... their local community; disadvantaging people in that community who have striven to make their lives tolerable.

I strongly suspect that a sizeable proportion of the looters, thugs, arsonists & thieves carry heavy chip on one shoulder and a massive sense of entitlement on the other. They're not doing this directly because they've analysed their economic circumstances and feel aggrieved at how all they've put into society has gone belly-up; they're doing it because the system they've ridden for so long is starting to put on the squeeze and they understand no other way for coping with that.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I'm not giving them any credit. I know that they are bored and probably fed up so they are joining in. So how the feck are the government going to put these folk to work in the near future while the banks have their nuts firmly in a vice?

Without having my head firmly in the sand. I'll stab a guess that the government knew this was coming and will deploy troops on the street in the not to distant future. Then as we have all been appalled at the troops shooting civillians in the middle east, we will think that its okay to do the same here.

The less educated seem to get shat on first when the economy starts to dwindle. We have folk in this country who would quite happily go to jail because its easier.

Folk didn't riot when there was jobs and every able bodied person wants to work. In England you loose your council house if you take a job so its not just a fact of taking a job, but also losing your house. What prospects do folk have??

Folk don't riot either when they don't work but pick up sufficient benefits or easy credit to have a decent lifestyle. It's part of the bubble we all lived through that masked the decline in living standards during the credit boom.

North Berwick Jambo

Christ at this rate i am not going to get much value for money on my open top red bus tour on the 25th :ninja:

The Real Maroonblood

Think this is what they had in mind with the Big Society? ermm.gif

Ummm...

Speaking of which, has our (ick) Prime Minister come home yet?

He is on his way.

Archived