Riotwatch

Italian Lambretta

Nicholas Brody

the underlying reason for disorder like this is the criminal justice system. nothing more - nothing less. decades of society becoming more and more soft on crime. absolutely no will whatsoever to build and run prisons in order to better satisfy the ends of justice.

there was a time and place when looting could easily have got you shot dead dead on the spot. the arrested culprits during this event are so large in number, and prison places are so few in number, that the only likely outcome will be that a lot of this lot will get off with nothing much more than a slap on the wrist.

predictably the usual sort of hand-wringers are giving it the 'it's more of a social and community problem' blah blah. is it ****... it's urban savages running amok and ruining peoples' lives and livelihoods.

i wouldn't think twice about shooting them.

The amount of times I've heard, 'They're just bored youths'.

:vrface:

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone going down to the game could they please PM me as I need a 42"Plasma and a carpet for the back room.:thumbsup:

the guy's bursd has just been on channel 4 news, and said...

"if he had a gun in his hand, why didn't they shoot him in the hand?"

:facepalm:

Carl Fredrickson

BBC News 24 are showing live footage from Peckham High Street with a business on fire. Folk in the flats above it are evacuating out of the back of the buildings. This is scary looking stuff and I think it will get worse once the sun sets.

Minds me of the riots in the early 1980s.

Birmingham now

:stare:

Absolute cretins. I didn't think racial divisions were so genuinely deep in urban England til today. Nightmare.

This has very little to do with race and more to do with Neds being Neds! You can't ignore the getto's that society has created and then blame it on the race! The only thing these people have in common is poverty and a resentment for their own situation!

******* shot them all i say!

The Mighty Thor

Anyone going down to the game could they please PM me as I need a 42"Plasma and a carpet for the back room.:thumbsup:

:lol: :lol:

The Mighty Thor

Where's Dave?

The country (London) is going to pot and Dave's necking Montepulciano in Tuscany with the chinos on and two buttons undone on the shirt.

Broken Britain :angry:

Nicholas Brody

Where's Dave?

The country (London) is going to pot and Dave's necking Montepulciano in Tuscany with the chinos on and two buttons undone on the shirt.

Broken Britain :angry:

Think he's going to have to cut his holiday short. Apparently they have been using BBIM to arrange a a big meet later on tonight. Could get a lot worse.

Disgraceful scenes. Some areas of Britain truly are turning into miniature 3rd world countries. Reaping what we've sowed with regards to mass, unchecked immigration.

Ive just got home to mile end and having walked from stepney green tube it appears that East London is truly rattled. My local co-op was closing at 19:35 and wetherspoons had their doors bolted and were chucking folk out via the beer garden. Lots of businesses that are normally open have their shutters down, but some seem unfussed and are carrying on as normal. The air is just a bit strange

The Mighty Thor

Think he's going to have to cut his holiday short. Apparently they have been using BBIM to arrange a a big meet later on tonight. Could get a lot worse.

I mis-read your post. I thought why the feck are the rioters using Boys in Maroon forum to arrange civil disorder in London :lol:

Send the army in as clearly the Police can't cope with the amount of violence.

They are too pig head to admit that they can't handle this! And they wanted a world cup!!!!!!!!!

**** off up regent street if you want to go rioting! Whats the point of robbing piss poor shopkeepers, there was a printers robbed with people going in and stealing paper!

Not trying to be funny, but its a miracle that no one has died yet as its chaos, setting fire to buildings with ******* kids in them! Scum of the earth!

looks like it's going to be wild all over london tonight. still some roasters giving it the old 'we need to listen to them and understand their grievances' chat.

get the army in.

The Mighty Thor

looks like it's going to be wild all over london tonight. still some roasters giving it the old 'we need to listen to them and understand their grievances' chat.

get the army in.

The bird on BBC News was calling them 'protesters'. What are their grievances? what are they protesting about?

There's about 100 folk ransacking an Offy in Hackney. What's the protest there? Price of pork scratchings?

Sexton Hardcastle

The boy giving it the "come ahead" signs to the police just then on Sky News.

Broken arm in plaster cast, cuts/shaved patches all over his nugget.

Then pegging it when the police decide to get stuck in about the mob.

Nicholas Brody

The boy giving it the "come ahead" signs to the police just then on Sky News.

Broken arm in plaster cast, cuts/shaved patches all over his nugget.

Then pegging it when the police decide to get stuck in about the mob.

That was awful :facepalm: It's not as if he blends in with the crowd :facepalm:

The bird on BBC News was calling them 'protesters'. What are their grievances? what are they protesting about?

There's about 100 folk ransacking an Offy in Hackney. What's the protest there? Price of pork scratchings?

yet the BBC continue to give these cretins a public platform to spread their unhelpful ravings.

portobellojambo1

I've not been paying an awful lot of attention to what is going on. But I did have the news on and was listening to the girlfriend of the guy that was shot, from which this all then kicked off (I'm assuming it is this rather than Spurs drawing us in the Europa league) From what I've managed to pick up the guy that was shot was shot by police officers for being in possession of a gun, and using it. Don't see a problem with that, as far as I am aware it is against the law for members of the public to carry/discharge firearms in the street.

I didn't quite understand what she said though. Her words were that if he had a gun he would have ran away. Why would anyone be carrying a gun if they intended to run away from something, you'd be better off not wasting money on a gun and buy a decent pair of track shoes instead.

There's a time and a place for that and it's certainly not now. People's lives are now at stake and the response has to be robust.

yep. if there's any organisation behind this then they'll know how to stretch the police and get a free rein elsewhere. there could be a hell of a long way to run on this.

not surprised to hear that it's beginning to kick off in other places.

Carl Fredrickson

This acting cheif copper boys loves saying "err"

And how does he plan to put an end to all this? By getting parents to phone their kids :lol:

southside1874

Oh the soldiers will be called in shortly. Only the arrogance of the english can they blame all this on a man being shot. I'm pretty sure there is rioting going on all over the world and its not all about someone being shot. Its about cuts in government spending because we have to pay back money to the banks. Its about the greed of the financial institutions that squeeze every last penny from the population so they can earn big bonuses for themselves and their backers.

I've not been paying an awful lot of attention to what is going on. But I did have the news on and was listening to the girlfriend of the guy that was shot, from which this all then kicked off (I'm assuming it is this rather than Spurs drawing us in the Europa league) From what I've managed to pick up the guy that was shot was shot by police officers for being in possession of a gun, and using it. Don't see a problem with that, as far as I am aware it is against the law for members of the public to carry/discharge firearms in the street.

I didn't quite understand what she said though. Her words were that if he had a gun he would have ran away. Why would anyone be carrying a gun if they intended to run away from something, you'd be better off not wasting money on a gun and buy a decent pair of track shoes instead.

or the gun was planted by the met? Its just all this mistrust for the police that has being boiling up for ages!

TBH as much as i respect the police up here, i would not trust a met officer as far as i can throw him. Their own record goes against them. I do feel their is more to this story that has came out yet, lets not forgot it was only a few years ago a man was shot dead in the underground because of feck up information! The people doing the shooting are trained marksman, why was he not shot to injure, rather then to kill. So far any bullets found at the scene were police bullets, why did he not shot back!

I'm not for a second trying to defend the utter scum out on the streets today, but yes once this is over the police need to answer the question from the family!

Nicholas Brody

Oh the soldiers will be called in shortly. Only the arrogance of the english can they blame all this on a man being shot. I'm pretty sure there is rioting going on all over the world and its not all about someone being shot. Its about cuts in government spending because we have to pay back money to the banks. Its about the greed of the financial institutions that squeeze every last penny from the population so they can earn big bonuses for themselves and their backers.

:what:

I P Knightley

predictably the usual sort of hand-wringers are giving it the 'it's more of a social and community problem' blah blah. is it ****... it's urban savages running amok and ruining peoples' lives and livelihoods.

Spot on, Jim.

I sympathise with the guy who was complaining about closure of his youth club - while, at the same time, Richard Littlejohn tells me that councils are pissing money up against the wall on pointless, lefty resources. However, I'm not prepared to believe that the kind of kid who benefits from a local youth club is the same kind of kid who decides to spend a weekend smashing shop windows & taking hi-fi equipment, just because the youth club's closed.

Wilson Palacios is knocking them out the back of a transit van in White Hart Lane an hour before kick-off.

BBC News 24 are showing live footage from Peckham High Street with a business on fire. Folk in the flats above it are evacuating out of the back of the buildings. This is scary looking stuff and I think it will get worse once the sun sets.

Minds me of the riots in the early 1980s.

It was 30 years ago today,

Sergeant Thatcher taught the boys to play...

Send the army in as clearly the Police can't cope with the amount of violence.

The army's kind of tied up in warm, sandy parts.

(...which, on reflection, reads like a euphemism for some sort of kinky Tory MP behaviour.)

get the army in.

Good heavens, Jim. You're not suggesting that the leafy western boroughs can expect this kind of behaviour? I really don't know how I'd cope if my local deli took a thrashing. I'm off to stock up on truffle oil.

The Mighty Thor

Oh the soldiers will be called in shortly.

Is there any left? Between Iraq & Afghanistan and the compulsory redundancies they'll be whistling up Captain Mainwaring to sort it out.

Don't tell 'em your name Pike!

Spot on, Jim.

I sympathise with the guy who was complaining about closure of his youth club - while, at the same time, Richard Littlejohn tells me that councils are pissing money up against the wall on pointless, lefty resources. However, I'm not prepared to believe that the kind of kid who benefits from a local youth club is the same kind of kid who decides to spend a weekend smashing shop windows & taking hi-fi equipment, just because the youth club's closed.

Wilson Palacios is knocking them out the back of a transit van in White Hart Lane an hour before kick-off.

It was 30 years ago today,

Sergeant Thatcher taught the boys to play...

The army's kind of tied up in warm, sandy parts.

(...which, on reflection, reads like a euphemism for some sort of kinky Tory MP behaviour.)

Good heavens, Jim. You're not suggesting that the leafy western boroughs can expect this kind of behaviour? I really don't know how I'd cope if my local deli took a thrashing. I'm off to stock up on truffle oil.

:lol: just hang on a while and you might be able to grab a case of the stuff for nowt.

I P Knightley

:what:

:biglaugh:

I was going to respond similarly. In short:

The English are all arrogant

Banks have been unscrupulous & immoral.

And now a bunch of thugs have seen fit, as a direct result of this potent brew, to smash shop windows, steal stuff and set fire to other stuff.

What's there to "what?" about?

The Real Maroonblood

Does anyone know when the last time that rubber bullets where used in mainland Britain?

southside1874

:biglaugh:

I was going to respond similarly. In short:

The English are all arrogant

Banks have been unscrupulous & immoral.

And now a bunch of thugs have seen fit, as a direct result of this potent brew, to smash shop windows, steal stuff and set fire to other stuff.

What's there to "what?" about?

I didn't say the english are all arrogant but can I guess that you work for a financial institution??

So one guy gets shot in London and the rioting spreads to Leeds and Birmingham. Is this nothing to do with folk not having jobs or is it because one guy got shot in London??

JamboRossi79

I didn't say the english are all arrogant but can I guess that you work for a financial institution??

So one guy gets shot in London and the rioting spreads to Leeds and Birmingham. Is this nothing to do with folk not having jobs or is it because one guy got shot in London??

It has **** all to do with either of those things. This is just neds looking to cause chaos, they don't have the brainpower to be doing this for any other reason.

Craig Gordons Gloves

'mon the rioters!

It's about time people started losing the plot about the fact that the economic collapses are going to have a dreadful impact on them. I know that these are hoodies and neds, but screw it, if it means we have civil disobedience all over the place then it's worth it. If people had jobs, security, education etc then they would be a lot less likely to lose the head and go on a looting spree in JJB sports.

As for all the Daily Mail readers on here hammering on about getting the army involved. Why? The Army's job isn't to stop folk kicking off in their own country.

'mon the rioters!

It's about time people started losing the plot about the fact that the economic collapses are going to have a dreadful impact on them. I know that these are hoodies and neds, but screw it, if it means we have civil disobedience all over the place then it's worth it. If people had jobs, security, education etc then they would be a lot less likely to lose the head and go on a looting spree in JJB sports.

As for all the Daily Mail readers on here hammering on about getting the army involved. Why? The Army's job isn't to stop folk kicking off in their own country.

1. :rofl: you do realise of course that all this violence has cost people their jobs, businesses and homes? looks like you don't.

2. actually it is their job. their job is what the government tell them it is.

laughable post mate. truly laughable.

Guest Ultraviolet Catastrophe

'mon the rioters!

Nah. There are ways of expressing displeasure at society but smashing up shops, half-inching some plasmas and burning houses down isn't one of them.

Breakin' Rocks

'mon the rioters!

Londons Burning

southside1874

'mon the rioters!

Apparently it has feck all to do with this :lol:

When folk think that life in jail is easier than life outside and life in jail offers more hope then how exactly do folk get into this jail. :whistling:

Toxteth O'Grady

'mon the rioters!

Why are they not targeting financial institutions or the government then?

It has **** all to do with either of those things. This is just neds looking to cause chaos, they don't have the brainpower to be doing this for any other reason.

You don't need to be a proctologist to know when you're being messed.

JamboRossi79

'mon the rioters!

muppet.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1299193509903

Archived