Bin Laden dead

Peebo

Scallywag

I dont doubt that they have finally got Bin Laden. It does however raise some serious questions.

I remember reading a book on a journalist who had been murdered after researching links between the ISI and Bin Laden. Surely the US should be asking some serious questions of the ISI because it seems highly suspect that Bin Laden would be hiding out right on their doorstep.

The killing has been described as a "game changer" for US policy, especially in Afganistan. Will this give the US an excuse they need to withdraw from that war.

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Ultraviolet Catastrophe

The US have said for ages that if they found him they'd kill him instantly, btw. More surprised if they didn't shoot him.

Remember when the cold war ended and everyone went, "phew, now that evil country with the nuclear weapons is gone we can rest easy." Then we all realised it just meant it had split up and there were a dozen countries with nuclear weapons.

Jam Tarts 1874

Just listening to the latest comments from Obama, he started with the words "America did not choose this fight". Hmmmm.............

Guest GhostHunter

Well on sky news they showed the photo released by un disclosed PAKISTANI sources and warned there was a high possibility that it was a fake. Youve been watching too much Michael Moore I think.

Conversely - you've not been watching enough.

Snake Plissken

Thoughts are with the family during this difficult time.

The Old Tolbooth

I bet there's a forum somewhere with loud mouthed Americans whooping this up big style and swallowing this pish, we should look for the forum, register, and see who can wind them up the most :D

(or is that childish) :unsure:

kingantti1874

He has or had a damn fine dentist ,a good set of pearly whites !

Dont agree with a burial at sea ,sends out a wrong message ,we would look far bigger to have returned it to his rich family in Saudi they have the power to bury him with islamic rites out of the way .He is going to become a martyer for some and that mansion in Pakistan will become shrine for the extremist mind anyway . Respect in victory is more powerful .

They supposedly asked the Saudis if they'd take him back and also the pakistanis if they were happy to deal with the body and both governments refused

Guest GhostHunter

PS - Can members refrain from posting that fake photo.

It's distasteful, even if it is a fake.

PsychocAndy

I can understand the buried at sea bit because I think Putain done the same with the Chechen terrorists that attacked that school a couple of years ago. He also had them wrapped in Pigskin, to deter others from following their footsteps. I think this means that they don't qualify for the Virgins and all the other things Martyrs get.

kingantti1874

Conversely - you've not been watching enough.

Mate, believe me I don't generally need to much convincing that I'm being told porkies by our collective governments - however in this instance, on this subject I think it would be the dumbest moves of all time from a government, would require the silence and collaboration on dozens of people across many services and would be ridiculously easy to disprove for those with an agenda to embarrass the west...

I can't believe anyone is stupid enough to lie about this one ( and they also appear to now have his wife and children in custody)

Case closed I think

Guest GhostHunter

Mate, believe me I don't generally need to much convincing that I'm being told porkies by our collective governents - however in this instance, on this subject I think it would be one of the dumbest moves in history from a government, would require the silence and collaboration on dozens of people and would be ridiculously easy to disprove for those with an agenda to embarrass the west...

I can't believe anyone I stupid enough to lie about this one ( and they also appear to now have his wife and children in custody)

Case closed I think

It wouldn't be a first, especially for the American Government...

jamie1874

Half the popoulation of America will be struggling to understand how Obama can come on TV and then talk about his own death....

Obama is now a shoe in for a 2nd term.

I have passed all your names over to Obama for instant execution. Expect a knock on your door around 2020.

I P Knightley

I bet there's a forum somewhere with loud mouthed Americans whooping this up big style and swallowing this pish, we should look for the forum, register, and see who can wind them up the most :D

I'm more than happy to join in if you can find one I'm not banned from!

What a great day.....Osama dead and Arsenal crushing Manure. Squeak, Squeak.....the sound of Osama and Fergie as they met their fates.... Come on Chelsea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

laugh.gif

From The Sun, btw.

Jam Tarts 1874

Very childish, that is why I've done it.

:lol:

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/theoval/post/2011/05/report-osama-bin-laden-is-dead/1?csp=ipmps

Mate, believe me I don't generally need to much convincing that I'm being told porkies by our collective governments - however in this instance, on this subject I think it would be the dumbest moves of all time from a government, would require the silence and collaboration on dozens of people across many services and would be ridiculously easy to disprove for those with an agenda to embarrass the west...

I can't believe anyone is stupid enough to lie about this one ( and they also appear to now have his wife and children in custody)

Case closed I think

I just hope they do have a lot of good pics of his corpse and some pretty solid independent witnesses, because with the body gone for good the conspiracy theories will run and run.

They should have taken the fekker alive. You can't tell me that wasn't in any way possible.

shaun.lawson

I just hope they do have a lot of good pics of his corpse and some pretty solid independent witnesses, because with the body gone for good the conspiracy theories will run and run.

They should have taken the fekker alive. You can't tell me that wasn't in any way possible.

Oh no they shouldn't. Say he was captured alive, paraded before the world and put on trial. Imagine what the reprisals would've been like in that scenario: especially in terms of Westerners being taken hostage. What a barrel of laughs that would've been. :blink:

As for his burial: one problem for all those complaining about it happening at sea. On land, where on earth could he have been buried - and how would that not have turned into a shrine to his hideous ideas?

shaun.lawson

From Michael Moore:

FOX News: "Elderly man on dialysis killed by young African-American male".

:lol:

Chris Benoit

Oh no they shouldn't. Say he was captured alive, paraded before the world and put on trial. Imagine what the reprisals would've been like in that scenario: especially in terms of Westerners being taken hostage. What a barrel of laughs that would've been. :blink:

As for his burial: one problem for all those complaining about it happening at sea. On land, where on earth could he have been buried - and how would that not have turned into a shrine to his hideous ideas?

:greatpost:

This is a totally different situation to Saddam where the Americans pretty much humiliated him after his capture. With Bin Laden while it's unavoidable he will be considered a martyr by some they don't want to fan the flames further by publishing pictures of his corpse and be seen to be mocking him

Buffalo Bill

Expect a knock on your door around 2020.

Sexington is tucked up in bed by twenty past eight.

Jam Tarts 1874

This man not happy at not being informed of events in his home town. "I had the goggles and everything!"

russabbotshow_1.jpg

(Russ Abbot)

:teehee:

they say he is dead and that he was burried at sea already so no way of it being 100% confirmed

it was believed there were about 7 or 8 look alike bin ladens in videos that the americans all said were him but each one looked different

so maybe they have killed one of them

they say he is dead and that he was burried at sea already so no way of it being 100% confirmed

it was believed there were about 7 or 8 look alike bin ladens in videos that the americans all said were him but each one looked different

so maybe they have killed one of them

Maybe, but they're DNA testing the body/doing facial recognition etc. Test results will be out soon - folk will pick holes in it no matter how conclusive it is though.

Maybe, but they're DNA testing the body/doing facial recognition etc. Test results will be out soon - folk will pick holes in it no matter how conclusive it is though.

They're saying DNA is back confirmed.

Scallywag

Reading through the news it would appear that Bin Laden may have been killed in an ISI safe house. I wonder what will happen if it is confirmed that Pakistan were sheltering Bin Laden.

Going to be interesting to see what happens next.

Jam Tarts 1874

Daily Mail seethe anyone..............

http://www.dailymail...s-Pakistan.html

Some beltingly good comments on there. Doncha just love Daily Mail readers!

I also love the very useful "U.S. Special Forces" graphic, it really helps to know what kit the perps may have used.

Geoff Kilpatrick

They're saying DNA is back confirmed.

They have a sample of Bin Laden's to test it against??

they will have his DNA on record as im sure it was the americans who trained him and gave weapons to fight the russians

shaun.lawson

Who is now top of the USA's "Most Wanted" list?

Future administrations will no doubt turn this guy into Public Enemy Number One:

Mahmoud-Ahmadinejad.jpg

But then, he does a pretty good job of that himself really. <_<

Jam Tarts 1874

Homer Simpson, he is far too friendly with that Apu geezer!

Buffalo Bill

1738467.jpg

Archived