Bin Laden dead

Peebo

All the news media suddenly in a bit of a tizzy...Bin Laden is dead accoring to US officials. Obama about to speak...

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Geoff Kilpatrick

He was dead years ago. A nice smokescreen with the dollar in meltdown.

Various reports claiming they have his body.

Unsure if they have found his birth certificate yet, though.

Hope he didn't die in any manner that can be construed as heroic and turn him into a martyr.

dobmisterdobster

:yas:

Rick Grimes

Would have been with Geoff on this one till I checked Beeb news. Any chance the press will stop feeding us bollocks about Al Qaeda being this well organised international group now that the figurehead is gone?

CavySlaveJambo

BBC have had unofficial confirmation through their correspondent attached to the US state department. Now all we need is the official comfirmation.

It's been a no bad weekend for Obama...

Bin laden apparently found on a mansion in Pakistan. So, not hiding in a cave after all, then. Shockeroonie.

Boaby Ewing

Bin laden apparently found on a mansion in Pakistan. So, not hiding in a cave after all, then. Shockeroonie.

I was having a wee chuckle about them interrupting Trump's 'Celebrity Apprentice' (I know, I know) for the announcement. Nice timing by Barold.

Is it cynical to think he was probably shot in a cave and then driven quickly to an Islamabad mansion to portray him in an entirely different light AND to discredit the Pakistani administration who the US are becoming increasingly irritated with?

I was having a wee chuckle about them interrupting Trump's 'Celebrity Apprentice' (I know, I know) for the announcement. Nice timing by Barold.

Indeed. Suspect it also explains why my DVR recording of The Killing went all skee whiff.

Is it cynical to think he was probably shot in a cave and then driven quickly to an Islamabad mansion to portray him in an entirely different light AND to discredit the Pakistani administration who the US are becoming increasingly irritated with?

Possible but unlikely, I reckon. He's probably never been in a cave in his puff

Geoff Kilpatrick

Confirmed.

Killed in a Military Operation.

Hmmm. Most wanted man, they have specific intelligence and they take him out?

I'll maintain my cynicism.

Professor Ratbaggy

Wouldn't it be good if it means Western Nations can stop spending so much cash we can't afford bombing Muslims. Probably won't happen so I think I'll maintain my cynicism too.

Geoff Kilpatrick

USA USA USA

:vrface:

People outside the White House celebrating this like a Ryder Cup victory.

loganjambo

Wouldn't it be good if it means Western Nations can stop spending so much cash we can't afford bombing Muslims. Probably won't happen so I think I'll maintain my cynicism too.

superb idea :thumbsup:

now we just need everybody across the world to lay down there arms and the world would be a better place.

fighting and violence gets you no where, god made a trully wonderfull WORLD so lets enjoy it. :) :) :)

:vrface:

People outside the White House celebrating this like a Ryder Cup victory.

Only in America, right?

Does anyone feel they can trust these reports?

Not after all the other crap they've fed us over the last 12 years.

First time Bush has put his head above ground in about 4 years too.

obama_mission_accomplished.jpg

Geoff Kilpatrick

Only in America, right?

No, there are dumbf***s everywhere.

CavySlaveJambo

Has everyone realised that by killing him, they have done something that could raise the amount of violence.

By Killing him, they Martyred him.

Has everyone realised that by killing him, they have done something that could raise the amount of violence.

Yes. You were pretty much last. woot.gif

kingantti1874

Mate, they could hardly have made him any more of a figure for terror... Anyway it went down they would have martyred him short of letting him go free... He was hardly likely to go quietly anyway.

It had to happen sooner or later, it's a good thing

It had to happen sooner or later, it's a good thing

It's neither good nor bad. It makes not a jot of difference. Bin Laden was used as a weapon of fear by the US governent long after he stopped being any kind of threat. Now he's being used as a cloak for their financial issues. This time next year there will a be a new school of islamaniacs hiding behind a hedge near you. Today is another meaningless moment in history.

A :clumshot: for the US nation, but that's all. It won't help them long term, and it won't stop them from shafting the world financially.

Guest GhostHunter

"Al-Qaida," states Cook, "literally "the database", was originally the computer file of the thousands of mujahideen who were recruited and trained with help from the CIA to defeat the Russians."

Former French Military Intelligence official

Pierre Henry Bunel expands , noting that "Al-Qaeda," was an early form of intranet, which was used by Islamic nations and influential families to communicate with each other. It was also used by the "American agent," Osama bin Laden to send coded or covert messages back to his CIA handlers from Afghanistan.

It's worthy to conclude with Bunel's assertion that "Al-Qaeda" as an organization is about as genuine as George W. Bush's Texas brush clearing cowboy image.

"The truth is, there is no Islamic army or terrorist group called Al Qaida. And any informed intelligence officer knows this. But there is a propaganda campaign to make the public believe in the presence of an identified entity representing the 'devil' only in order to drive the 'TV watcher' to accept a unified international leadership for a war against terrorism. The country behind this propaganda is the US and the lobbyists for the US war on terrorism are only interested in making money."

Conveniently being reported that he was shot in the head, so forget about getting a look at his cold dead face. I expect that they'll appoint Dick Cheney to be in charge of conducting a DNA test. dry.gif

It's a conspiracy already.

The SAS would have taken him alive, as would the US Special Forces if they had so much warning and so long to plan this.

Guest GhostHunter

I'm beginning to think it's all horseshit.

If he was killed in a firefight - then that means the US forces were pretty close to the compound - given Bin Laden's most wanted status, I'm pretty sure the moment his compatriot's smelled the US coming, he'd have been removed way before they got close enough.

Also, they are reporting that the US forces have been, "tracking him for weeks" - why then, didn't they kill him when they first began "tracking him" ? Surely - with the abundance of laser guided missiles - a strike could have obliterated him weeks ago.

Horseshit - and the majority of the American public will swallow it hook line and sinker.

kingantti1874

Conveniently being reported that he was shot in the head, so forget about getting a look at his cold dead face. I expect that they'll appoint Dick Cheney to be in charge of conducting a DNA test. dry.gif

It's a conspiracy already.

The SAS would have taken him alive, as would the US Special Forces if they had so much warning and so long to plan this.

I seriously doubt that he'd have gone quietly and they'd find it easy to take him alive... He'd have had plenty warning they were coming... And given his religious beliefs would not be afraid of dying.

Also, if it is a grand conspiracy and he isn't dead-im sure there will be a video message along soon, and if he actually died ages ago I'm sure his supporters will be along to condemn the us for taking credit for something they didn't do..

girvanjambo

Horseshit indeed.

Very conveniently detracts the attention away from Obama's birth certificate, which has the Yanks in a flap.

:down:

I seriously doubt that he'd have gone quietly and they'd find it easy to take him alive... He'd have had plenty warning they were coming... And given his religious beliefs would not be afraid of dying. Not everything is a conspiracy

I'm not calling horseshit and I'm not believing anything either.

There has been so much mileage taken out of Bin Laden over the years that the only cold hard fact is that you can't trust a single thing you are told about the guy, his family and his "people".

All the reporting is lining up beautifully for them at the moment. The headshot saves a shitload of photoshopping the corpse pics fer sure. woot.gif

ToadKiller Dog

Sounds like an execution to me going by Obamas statement not going to lose sleep over his death but the operation should been to capture him if possible and bring him to trial , I expect the Pakistanis and the US Government have known where he was for years.

,as others said he was just a figure head and his relevance is more to do with US propaganda as the extremists really seem a disorganisd bunch often individuals or groups of working on there own with no connection certainly Al QUEDA is no Spectre that said his statements did give hope to the Islamic Exremists so there will be retaliation of some sort .

Can't understand why they released a statement saying he's dead without releasing pictures to confirm this. With Saddam's sons they showed the pictures when they released the statement, same with Al-Zaquawi*.

One less crazy nutjob of the earth however I suspect that he will become an even more inspiring figure in death even than he was in life.

southside1874

To think, it was nearly 2000 years ago that they killed Jesus Christ. They probably thought at the time....that will be the end of that little group of upstarts. :whistling:

I think they went for the execution rather than trying to bring him to justice. :thumbsup:

Drylaw Hearts

No, there are dumbf***s everywhere.

Agreed.

0750: A senior Afghan counterterrorism official has told BBC Afghan Programmes in Kabul: "This [bin Laden's death] would have been more significant in 2004, 2005 or 2006 - now it is too late. There is a Bin Laden on every street today.''

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

rossthejambo

If this is true and he was killed last night, then it would be rather naive to suggest that the Pakistani's didn't know he was there.

• 0744: A spokesman for Human Rights Watch said: "Osama Bin Laden will never again be responsible for mass atrocities such as the September 11 attacks. His death should also bring an end to a horrific chapter of human rights abuses in the name of counterterrorism."
  • 0742: Prominent Pakistani opposition politician Imran Khan has said on Pakistan's Dunya TV that Bin Laden's death ought to mark the end of US military operations in Pakistan, BBC Monitoring reports. "I feel that now that they have killed [him], there remains no justification for this war," he said.
  • 0729: A BBC reporter in Pakistan says the compound where Bin Laden was killed is 800 yards from the premises of the PMA - Pakistan Military Academy - Pakistan's equivalent of British Army officer training centre at Sandhurst.

Some fekkin classic quotes on the BBC site. The Yanks crashed a helicopter and everything. Keystone cops kill Bin Laden. Monkeys chasing a chimp for 12 fekkin years - what a joke. laugh.giflaugh.gif

Geoff Kilpatrick

Agreed.

I see what you did there!

:clap:

BTW, next time, just Google a few things, such as the number of people in the States on food stamps, or the price of gold and silver in US$

kingantti1874

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

That may well be true, but I fail to see what is humerous about it...

Drylaw Hearts

I see what you did there!

:clap:

BTW, next time, just Google a few things, such as the number of people in the States on food stamps, or the price of gold and silver in US$

Aye ok Geoff.....according to you Bin Laden has been dead for years but the yanks have held onto his body until today because of the state of their economy.

:rolleyes:

Geoff Kilpatrick

Aye ok Geoff.....according to you Bin Laden has been dead for years but the yanks have held onto his body until today because of the state of their economy.

:rolleyes:

Er, where did I say that?

The US say that this guy they've bumped off is Bin Laden. Have you seen the evidence that it is him?

kingantti1874

Er, where did I say that?

The US say that this guy they've bumped off is Bin Laden. Have you seen the evidence that it is him?

If it isn't, he'll be along soon enough to make an arse of them via video message so I wouldn't loose any sleep over it.

dobmisterdobster

I'm beginning to think it's all horseshit.

If he was killed in a firefight - then that means the US forces were pretty close to the compound - given Bin Laden's most wanted status, I'm pretty sure the moment his compatriot's smelled the US coming, he'd have been removed way before they got close enough.

Also, they are reporting that the US forces have been, "tracking him for weeks" - why then, didn't they kill him when they first began "tracking him" ? Surely - with the abundance of laser guided missiles - a strike could have obliterated him weeks ago.

Horseshit - and the majority of the American public will swallow it hook line and sinker.

The American public seem to forget that Bin Laden and the United States were best buddies back in the 80s. :rolleyes:

Geoff Kilpatrick

If it isn't, he'll be along soon enough to make an arse of them via video message so I wouldn't loose any sleep over it.

Not if he's already brown. There could be a new tape message though... :whistling:

IMA MAROON

We have took out their leader. This proves we are better than them. We are the winners. They will be running scared. :thumbsup:

kingantti1874

Not if he's already brown. There could be a new tape message though... :whistling:

If that's the case then again the people around

him will discredit the yanks ASAP. I genuinely don't think they'd say it unless they believed it... Would be political suicide to get it wrong...

rossthejambo

I thought better of you Geoff...bringing his race into this is very low. :D

Archived