The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

Guest GhostHunter

rudi must stay
53 minutes ago, William H. Bonney said:

That looks really shit. 

I wondered if somebody would be a killjoy. You have a track record as well 

A Boy Named Crow
56 minutes ago, William H. Bonney said:

That looks really shit. 

To be fair,  it doesn't look any worse than most of the other million comic book films released in the last 20 odd years. Entertainment for the hard of thinking.

William H. Bonney
13 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

I wondered if somebody would be a killjoy. You have a track record as well 

Meh. Still looks shit. 

been here before

:rofl:

That looks ****in awful.

Kenny Rogers looking not bad for someone who died 2 years ago though. He had a bit of work done?

Edited by been here before

Jambo_jim2001
7 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Top man what do you think 

Looks ok enough to pass a couple of hours 👍

I thought Munich - The Edge of War (Netflix) was a strange film.

It argues that Chamberlain's 1938 signing of a non aggression deal with Hitler helped Britain win the war by allowing time to prepare. But there is no evidence Hitler was planning to attack Britain any earlier that he did. 

It mixes truth to stories with a mix of fiction and real characters. But if someone determined to stop Hitler had a private meeting with him while holding a gun in his jacket pocket then its stretching things.

Not mentioning one even bigger obvious flaw in the story for spoiler reasons relating to the Hossbach Memorandum which to be fair is good to get a wider audience and partly could explain Putin's recent actions and what they are saying on state tv. 

The best parts of the film are showing the ordinariness of real life in Germany in 1937 and 1938. There's a good film to be made there. And does depict the Munich Conference relatively accurately.

Disappointing overall. 

Carl Fredrickson

Jurassic World Dominion. 

Lots of action, loads of dinosaurs, characters from the JP & JW films. A bit (very) predictable but a great family film. My two kids loved it and that is who it is aimed at. 8/10

Top Gun Maverick - again.

Just a brilliant sequel, no problems for me and the Mrs going again as it’s some experience on the big screen

JudyJudyJudy

"Amundsen"   I was struggling to watch anything the other night  even though i have Netflix and Amazon Prime.  I came across this on iplayer.  Its about the explorer and his attempts to conquer the South pole and North pole .  He reached both first.  The British explorer Scott was beat to the first to reach the South Pole  and the British in their arrogance and hatred of Amundsen maligned his achievement due to jealousy really.   The film is really enjoyable and id recommend it. Stunning scenery too.

Just back from finally seeing Top Gun Maverick. Absolutely excellent. Wonderful nods to the original without over doing it and a great film in and of itself too.

Just finished watching Moana on the telly. I’m not a fan of modern Disney films but this one was a really good watch. Just the right mix of humour, music, and sentimentality. 

JudyJudyJudy

" The Phantom Menace"....

Dearie me.  I forgot how bad this really is.  Only decent thing in it was Ray Park as Darth Maul. Closely followed by Liam Neeson. 

Jar Jar Binks must be the most annoying c^^^ in all of Star Wars history.  

The actor who played Anakin was dire too.

The Ghost Writer. On Netflix. 

Solid 7/10

Very decent Roman Palanski film

with Ewan McGregor. Political thriller.

Dr Stephen strange and the multi verse thingy . I don't know if I liked or not. Same with Spider-Man. 

luckyBatistuta

Elvis

Watched the trailer recently and thought that they could have at least got someone who looked more like him.

After going last night to see this at the cinema, I was very impressed. The lad who played Elvis was excellent and the longer the film went on, the more he started to look and move like him to me. It was really well put together for me. They could easily have played out an expected from rags to riches fame story, but chose to highlight more of what went on in the background that most folks probably had no idea about. Thoroughly enjoyable and would definitely recommend.

9/10

oh, almost forgot to say….Tom, or whatever your ####ing name was, if you’re reading this from above…you’re a ####

Long Live The King❤️

Carl Fredrickson
10 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Elvis

Watched the trailer recently and thought that they could have at least got someone who looked more like him.

After going last night to see this at the cinema, I was very impressed. The lad who played Elvis was excellent and the longer the film went on, the more he started to look and move like him to me. It was really well put together for me. They could easily have played out an expected from rags to riches fame story, but chose to highlight more of what went on in the background that most folks probably had no idea about. Thoroughly enjoyable and would definitely recommend.

9/10

oh, almost forgot to say….Tom, or whatever your ####ing name was, if you’re reading this from above…you’re a ####

Long Live The King❤️

I totally agree with the highlighted part - I hardly knew anything about the Elvis story but found the film fascinating. 

14 hours ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

I totally agree with the highlighted part - I hardly knew anything about the Elvis story but found the film fascinating. 

There's definitely a bit of artistic license in the film but it captures the big moments in elvis life well. 

For example, the Colonel did want the comeback special to be an hour of Xmas songs. And Steve binder, the producer did tell Elvis his career was in the toilet but that was when he was convincing him to take the special down a different route. 

And when Parker heard about the change of direction for it, he did absolutely put his foot down and insist on a Xmas song to end the special saying Elvis would not do a message song. Elvis and Binder basically ignored him and pushed on. But the colonel didn't turn up at the shooting of the last song and then have the cameras pan away from the Xmas scene to the iconic Elvis If I Can Dream background. It works beautifully in the movie and while it's not strictly historically accurate, the background was. 

Lots of little deviations from the complete truth, but it worked really well. And the last 10 minutes were very emotional. Seeing the real footage of the King in concert was amazing. Showed how brilliant and magnetic he was even at the end when he wasn't the great performer he had been. 

Great movie, really humanised the legand and it was an original take on Elvis' life. Really enjoyed it! 

Ambulance (4K disc) 

epic. Totally epic. Shootouts, car chases and OTT action. No brains required just fab. Michael Bay delivers and is back

tokyowalnut

Jurassic World Dominion

Entertaining pish. Perfect for Friday night at the cinema. I really enjoyed spotting all the nods to the first 3 JP films. Many plot holes, but it was fine.

My main gripe is that the ending of Fallen Kingdom set the 3rd up to be a cracker, but the main action all took part on an island (again)! 

Also watched ‘Spiral’ on the Netflix this week. Part of the Saw franchise, as expected. Enjoyed it. 

Massive Elvis fan, can’t wait to watch it in the IMAX tomorrow! 

Jojo Rabbit. This will probably go down as one of my new favourite movies, certainly up there for comedies.

Considering the story and themes (a wee laddie in Nazi Germany has an imaginary Hitler as his best friend), it could have turned out to be a totally crass. But it was brilliant done. The way it goes from funny/ludicrous one minute, to sombre/jarring the next, and then back again was really well done.

Also, props to the all the kids (Yorki's delivery is ******* hilarious), Taika Waititi (first thing I've seen him in), Sam Rockwell, and the lovely Scarlett Johansson - wonderful acting from all of them. 

9/10

23 minutes ago, Trajan said:

Jojo Rabbit. This will probably go down as one of my new favourite movies, certainly up there for comedies.

Considering the story and themes (a wee laddie in Nazi Germany has an imaginary Hitler as his best friend), it could have turned out to be a totally crass. But it was brilliant done. The way it goes from funny/ludicrous one minute, to sombre/jarring the next, and then back again was really well done.

Also, props to the all the kids (Yorki's delivery is ******* hilarious), Taika Waititi (first thing I've seen him in), Sam Rockwell, and the lovely Scarlett Johansson - wonderful acting from all of them. 

9/10

A work of genius. I sat in silence for about half an hour after watching it. 

Spoiler

Tears and snotters at the scene when Heroes cut in at the end. 

2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Hide contents

And when you see the shoes😭😭

14 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Yup. A well deserved slap for wee Jojo first though. Although, in saying that, you can't really blame the poor lad. 

11 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

And when you see the shoes😭😭

Spoiler

Dinnae 😩😭😭 That was genuinely one of the most shocking scenes I've seen in a long, long time. 

On a cheerier note, how funny was the build up to that last battle scene? 😁

Spoiler

'A girlfriend! Good for you, Jojo!' 

And nearly spat my drink out at 'Go give that American a hug'

:rofl::rofl:

Spoiler

Everything, Everywhere, All at Once.

Absolute bonkers - like legal acid.

8/10, potentially a 9 but my brain was sweating too much

JudyJudyJudy
On 30/06/2022 at 22:49, Aaron78 said:

There's definitely a bit of artistic license in the film but it captures the big moments in elvis life well. 

For example, the Colonel did want the comeback special to be an hour of Xmas songs. And Steve binder, the producer did tell Elvis his career was in the toilet but that was when he was convincing him to take the special down a different route. 

And when Parker heard about the change of direction for it, he did absolutely put his foot down and insist on a Xmas song to end the special saying Elvis would not do a message song. Elvis and Binder basically ignored him and pushed on. But the colonel didn't turn up at the shooting of the last song and then have the cameras pan away from the Xmas scene to the iconic Elvis If I Can Dream background. It works beautifully in the movie and while it's not strictly historically accurate, the background was. 

Lots of little deviations from the complete truth, but it worked really well. And the last 10 minutes were very emotional. Seeing the real footage of the King in concert was amazing. Showed how brilliant and magnetic he was even at the end when he wasn't the great performer he had been. 

Great movie, really humanised the legand and it was an original take on Elvis' life. Really enjoyed it! 

I Must watch it . Yes if you are a real fan of someone you will notice inaccuracies in the story . I was like that when I watched “ Judy” . 

JudyJudyJudy

“ Papillion” 

the 2017 version . It was not bad actually . Still not as good as Steve McQueen version but not an embarrassment . Good cast lead by Charlie Hunnan and Rami Malek . 

7/10

JudyJudyJudy

Star Wars ; the force awakens 

late to the party with this film . My god what a brilliant return to form

for the franchise . Outstanding , exciting and emotional too . Very well acted by all the cast . Daisy Ridley was terrific as the heroine . Brilliant

9/10 

John Findlay

I watched the Exorcist(the version you haven't seen), for the very first time on the TCM channel the other night..

8/10.

Disser Pointon

Another thumbs up for Hustle on netflix. A bit formulaic but well done all the same and continues to show Sandlers versatility.

Edited by Disser Pointon

23 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

I Must watch it . Yes if you are a real fan of someone you will notice inaccuracies in the story . I was like that when I watched “ Judy” . 

I haven't seen Judy yet but I really should make time for it. From what I've heard Renee Zellweger is brilliant! 

And yes, as you say, the big fans notice the inaccuracies, but I've no issue with these if they make the film more enjoyable to the casual watcher. Films like Walk the Line and Bohemian Rhapsody weren't 100% accurate but the changes worked and if they even encourage a small number of the audience to go and discover more about that artist, then everyone's a winner really. 

Edited by Aaron78

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, Aaron78 said:

I haven't seen Judy yet but I really should make time for it. From what I've heard Renee Zellweger is brilliant! 

And yes, as you say, the big fans notice the inaccuracies, but I've no issue with these if they make the film more enjoyable to the casual watcher. Films like Walk the Line and Bohemian Rhapsody weren't 100% accurate but the changes worked and if they even encourage a small number of the audience to go and discover more about that artist, then it's mission accomplished really. 

Yes “ Judy” had various inaccuracies which annoyed me but I felt Renee got the essence of Judy , her warmth and empathy which was more important . However they didn’t get over how incredible she was on stage . That was disappointing . 

I’ll def see “ Elvis “ soon though don’t know lots about his life so prob won’t see the inaccuracies like you did and others . 

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

rudi must stay
On 04/07/2022 at 13:36, JudyJudyJudy said:

Star Wars ; the force awakens 

late to the party with this film . My god what a brilliant return to form

for the franchise . Outstanding , exciting and emotional too . Very well acted by all the cast . Daisy Ridley was terrific as the heroine . Brilliant

9/10 

I have a film for you The Sound Of Music 

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, rudi must stay said:

I have a film for you The Sound Of Music 

It’s a load of pish 

rudi must stay
7 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

It’s a load of pish 

Yes I don't like it either to be honest. Cheers mate good chatting