The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

Guest GhostHunter

Gold 

thriller?

two men find a nugget, drawn out start , drawn out middle ,blah blah ,if you’ve got an hour and a half spare and your sure you’ve pulled the last weed in the garden? 3/10

1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

The Invisible Man (Netflix)

7/10

It’s excellent . A brilliant remimagining  of a classic tale with the great Elisabeth Moss. 

17 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

It’s excellent . A brilliant remimagining  of a classic tale with the great Elisabeth Moss. 

Yeah she was excellent in it.

On 20/02/2022 at 00:16, maggieb said:

Gold 

thriller?

two men find a nugget, drawn out start , drawn out middle ,blah blah ,if you’ve got an hour and a half spare and your sure you’ve pulled the last weed in the garden? 3/10

Really? Thought it was good. Quite tense. 

2 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Really? Thought it was good. Quite tense. 

Sorry PJ, probably depends on the time and place when watching,we were ready for a half decent movie, coin flip? I won ,yeah? Got this,

Who could you honestly recommend it to ?

ok ,I’ll upgrade to4/10 for tensenesses 

Big Bug on Netflix. 
I watched so you don’t have to. French, quirky, and from the director of Amelie so sounded interesting. Set in the future when we all have robots in the house and a woman’s robots lock her and some other people in her house as the androids outside are taking over. 
Over stylised nonsense that doesn’t actually really live up to the synopsis. 
2/10. 

1 hour ago, maggieb said:

Sorry PJ, probably depends on the time and place when watching,we were ready for a half decent movie, coin flip? I won ,yeah? Got this,

Who could you honestly recommend it to ?

ok ,I’ll upgrade to4/10 for tensenesses 

Guilty of that myself. Watch a movie when im not really up for it and often feel a bit ‘meh’ about it at the time. Sometimes, even years later I watch it again on Netflix or wherever and can quite enjoy it. 

This is going to hurt. BBC.

Really enjoyed this, both funny and a bit dark and sad at the same time. Same type of feel as the Ricky Gervais After Life on Netflix but much better.

8/10

Clean ..Amazon prime

binman ? Has a past ,trying to sort it ? I kinda like Adrien Brody

slow start but worth a watch 

bit violent for Mrs m though 

The boy 2.  5/10. Kept waiting for the scary bits but they never arrived. Horrors about dolls generally unsettle me but this wasn’t the best

Nightride (netflix)

7.5/10

Single-take, real-time thriller about a guy trying to wrap up a drug deal. Like a cross between Locke and Victoria.

Carl Fredrickson

West Side Story (2021 or 22) on Disney+

Spielberg will go down in history as one of the finest film makers of all time. I have not seen the original but this film is wonderfully produced, great use of colours and shadows, great acting and singing. However, not being a fan of musicals I would not make a song and dance about it. 7/10

The French Dispatch. Film by Wes Anderson which is so stylised it’s almost like someone making a tribute to Wes Anderson. 
Loads of stars as is usual in his films and is cleverly constructed and beautifully made. 
I enjoyed it but could also understand if someone doesn’t like his work they’d hate it. 

Boiling Point (iptv)

7/10

Another single take film, this one featuring Stephen Graham as Head chef in a busy restaurant on a night where everything starts to go wrong.

**** working in a restaurant.

ArcticJambo
1 hour ago, Tazio said:

The French Dispatch. Film by Wes Anderson which is so stylised it’s almost like someone making a tribute to Wes Anderson. 
Loads of stars as is usual in his films and is cleverly constructed and beautifully made. 
I enjoyed it but could also understand if someone doesn’t like his work they’d hate it. 

Absolutely loved it. Watched it a while back, along with The Hand of God, and La Grande Bellezza ... every one of these films looked utterly fantastic. All, comfortably within the 7-8/10 range.

Speaking of great films, saw The Godfather on the big screen for the first time tonight (at the Filmhouse).

Edited by ArcticJambo

William H. Bonney
8 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Boiling Point (iptv)

7/10

Another single take film, this one featuring Stephen Graham as Head chef in a busy restaurant on a night where everything starts to go wrong.

**** working in a restaurant.

That was my thoughts too after watching the film, and I love cooking. 

Carl Fredrickson

Monsters Inc at the Odeon. I love going to the cinema to see films that I missed when first released. 

Both my kids are fans of early Pixar and this is possibly their finest. Great animation, easter eggs, humour, emotional moments, scary bits for younger kids - in my opinion it is a modern classic kids animation. 9/10

On 04/03/2022 at 23:31, Tazio said:

Not seen this yet but I do love a Wes Anderson movie. The Grand Budapest Hotel is one of my favourite movies of all time.

6 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Not seen this yet but I do love a Wes Anderson movie. The Grand Budapest Hotel is one of my favourite movies of all time.

An absolute riot.

Watch it a couple of times a year.

Watched the 2nd in The Babysitter films on Netflix. Brilliant gore and funny. If you're looking for high quality then it's not for you but I thought they're great & only 90 minutes long. As a critic 4/10 but my opinion is more 8/10.

Carl Fredrickson

The Batman

Was really looking forward to this but it failed to live upto expectations. It may me be my age but I found the production not great. I appreciate being Batman he comes out at night however the scenes were so dark I was struggling to make some things out. At home I would be messing about with screen settings. There is one scene where the police are doing a search of an apartment BY TORCHLIGHT. CSI folk would at least turn the lights on!!!

I also found the music to be loud at times during dialogue and also missed a couple of lines as a result. 

Last comment is the whole film had a feel and look to it upto the part filmed at the Glasgow Necropolis - the look and feel is so different (more like a TV production than a film)

I am interested to hear other peoples thoughts but I wouldnt rate it more than 5/10

1 hour ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

The Batman

Was really looking forward to this but it failed to live upto expectations. It may me be my age but I found the production not great. I appreciate being Batman he comes out at night however the scenes were so dark I was struggling to make some things out. At home I would be messing about with screen settings. There is one scene where the police are doing a search of an apartment BY TORCHLIGHT. CSI folk would at least turn the lights on!!!

I also found the music to be loud at times during dialogue and also missed a couple of lines as a result. 

Last comment is the whole film had a feel and look to it upto the part filmed at the Glasgow Necropolis - the look and feel is so different (more like a TV production than a film)

I am interested to hear other peoples thoughts but I wouldnt rate it more than 5/10

Emperor’s new clothes. 

Carl Fredrickson
7 hours ago, Tazio said:

Emperor’s new clothes. 

Probably. I am not a huge superhero fan but Batman Begins really impressed me and as a result have watched all of the Marvel and DC films since. 

The Batman doesnt do it for me. 

17 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Is Sunshine any good? I'm looking thro my Prime and I quite like the trailer.

See above.

4 hours ago, Jibbers said:

I liked it. Very underrated movie. If you like your sci-fi, you’ll like this.

Cheers bud. The only thing is I'm not a fan of the guy from Batman/peaky blinders. But I'm gonnae watch it. 👍

On 10/03/2022 at 16:59, ri Alban said:

It's a solid bit of Sci-Fi.

Offers absolutely nothing new, you've seen everything in it a hundred times in other films.

But it looks stunning.

16 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

Godfather at pictures

Seen it probably more than any other film but not at pics.

Amazing

Bet that was fantastic. I’ve ordered the 4K disc which comes out a week on Monday. 

The Adam Project on Netflix, a fun, sci-fi movie, which is pretty enjoyable if you liked Flight of the Navigator from the 80's and are a fan of Ryan Reynolds brand of humour.

8/10

ArcticJambo
1 hour ago, 1971fozzy said:

Bet that was fantastic. I’ve ordered the 4K disc which comes out a week on Monday. 

I saw the Godfather last week at the Filmhouse, and apparently it was 4K, and if I'm being honest it still looked like how a pic from the early 70s would look.  Still great to see it on the big screen, for the first time for me too.

Kicking myself I didn't go to see Grease again, as it was on at the Vue cinemas a few weeks back.  Like Coppola's film I've seen it multiple times, perhaps more than any but the last time at the cinema was the ABC's showing in late '78 on its release.

On 10/03/2022 at 16:59, ri Alban said:

Quite liked it.

Went to see Batman on Sunday and although I enjoyed it more than 5/10 above I agree with a lot of the points. It was extremely dark visually. Too much so. 

I enjoyed it however do t have it on Parknwith either Dark Knight films. It was on par or slightly better than Begins though.

2 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

Quite liked it.

I watched it, wasn't bad, passed the time this morning at 4 am.

I'm hearing conflicting opinions of  The Batman.  

Is he a bit of a Goth?

Edited by ri Alban

7 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

It was great. There were a couple of things I’d never noticed and, I think a couple of additions.

So many iconic cinema moments

7 hours ago, ArcticJambo said:

I saw the Godfather last week at the Filmhouse, and apparently it was 4K, and if I'm being honest it still looked like how a pic from the early 70s would look.  Still great to see it on the big screen, for the first time for me too.

Kicking myself I didn't go to see Grease again, as it was on at the Vue cinemas a few weeks back.  Like Coppola's film I've seen it multiple times, perhaps more than any but the last time at the cinema was the ABC's showing in late '78 on its release.

The restoration is all about taking blemishes out of the print and applying HDR so it will also keep the film grain. As it should.  Whites should be whiter, blacks shouldn’t be crushed or grey. It will never be like e.g Tenet etc but Can’t wait to see it.

2 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

It was great. There were a couple of things I’d never noticed and, I think a couple of additions.

So many iconic cinema moments

best film ever (possibly part 2 aside)